• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 728 Views, 8 Comments

In search of Nessie, and the Beginning of the next Prank War! - Will of Haphinea



Luna and Pip go on a new adventure! Meanwhile, a prank war is brewing...

  • ...
 8
 728

Operation: Luna Eclipse

Princess Celestia was anxious to see Luna off. She still didn't believe in that imaginary creature, but the months of bickering petty threats and hundreds of photos of proof and dozens of eyewitnesses made her on giving up on trying to get through to Luna. She hugged her sister tightly with her graceful wings. "Please, do stay safe. I believe all the major monster problems have been resolved over the years, but there are prankster Kelpies and other spirits still out there!"

"I shall Sister. I love you so much, but I shall bring back proof! I know she is still alive!" Luna said before leaping off to fly to Ponyville to meet her little colt friend. Her Guards flew behind and guarded her flank as she descended.

"I hope you do find her, sister. If just for closure." Celestia said to herself.

==============================================================

Nearby, Sergeant Fury watched his Princess leave with the colt, Private Blitzen. "She is gone now, and Operation: Luna Eclipse is a go! Blitzen, you have any suggestions for a good prank that is both low risk for our capture, and harmless fun for the Princess?" Sergeant Fury asked his Private.

Blitzen was a special colt called a Kirin who had sworn himself to Lady Luna sometime back in exchange for giving him a normal pony life, and to grow up more for his special somepony in Ponyville. Despite his youth he was still considered an equal amongst the other Privates. "Yes Sir, I have a few ideas. I have ordered some herbs from the Zebra, Zecora, in Ponyville. I have a special mixture in mind that we can put in the Princess' cake she is making. It'll make whatever the tasty frosting it is mixed with taste like muddy water or something else nasty, Sir!" the Private reported.

"Hmm, I believe that is a good start. Good job, Private! I have another plan that may involve a little revenge for Luna's special books being leaked out. We will need to get her out of her chambers for a while, and get some of her personal scroll seals, but if it works she'll be as embarrassed as her sister!" Sergeant Fury told the young Private who giggled at the thought. While the leak of those books did result in Luna finding Big Mac, she was still mad at her sister for all that had occurred..

"Permission to create a distraction with the other Night Guards, Sir?" the young Private asked.

"Permission granted. Remember, nopony must know why this is happening!" he warned his eager Private who ran as fast as he can to wake the sleepy Opliptera Guards up for his plan.

"Now we wait." Sergeant Fury said to himself. He loved a good prank, but a Royal prank was too good to pass up. He went over the checklist he had been given by the Princess of the NIght, and destroyed the scroll to prevent anypony from know about this mission. They were two guards alone, in an opening salvo of the new Royal Prank war!


Sergeant Fury had gotten the seals he needed to prepare a fraudulent letter to the student of Celestia in Ponyville. Luna had pre-written these long before the trip, and asked Twilight to research on an embarrassing issue that Celestia asked of her. She knew Twilight enough that she would complete the task, and send as much information as possible back to her sister, and would no doubt embarrass her. It was all on Sergeant Feather Fury to sneak this message with the others being sent out tomorrow.

Between him and the stack of scrolls was about four Royal Guards guarding the mail for Princess Celestia. Using a magic spell cast by his unicorn Private, he was able to stick to the walls, so long as he kept flapping his wings at a slow steady pace. He had to be careful while he was sticking to the walls, his wings did still move air around him, and any of the pegasi guards would feel the wind currents.

He managed to wait until an opening was presented, and the letter was dropped on top of the others without anypony noticing. Sergeant Fury smiled, knowing that part one was handled. It was up to the Student of the Princess to do the rest. He flew out silently, and chuckled as he entered his barracks, and nodded to his partner in crime the job was complete. The Private smiled back, said his prayers to his Princess, looked at his picture of his very special filly, and slept dreaming of her most lovely singing voice.


The Castle was readying itself for another busy day. Private Blitzen just got his delivery of herbs and another letter he promptly hid from his Sergeant. He got the herbs and set them aside to mix them later, but had to practice morning exercises first thing. His Sergeant found the herbs, and looked them over, and snuck a quick look at his other letter, which turned out to be a cheesy love letter he felt bad looking over.

The two finally met up, and the Private showed him how much of the herbs to mix in the cake mix. Princess Celestia was eager to eat as much cake when her sister wasn't around as she could, and a big one was nearly ready. The frosting sat there, and the two mixed the herbs into the delicious frosting mix and rushed out quickly.

Sergeant Fury watched over the last preparation while Private Blitzen excused himself to check on the letter, which he opened and read each word with a warmth in his heart, before realizing somepony had opened it! Now, it was no secret about his love down in Ponyville, but Blitzen was quite offended his Sergeant who he trusted, had looked through this and the other special letters! He devised a plan then and there to get back at the unsuspecting pegasus. "I'll get him back and he will even help me do so!" he said to himself, and grabbed a bottle fro under the Sergeant's bunk.

He marched back to his Sergeant and gave him a cake from the barracks, but this frosting had laxative mixed in it. Blitzen laughed as he watched both the Princess and commanding officer eat the treats, and the reaction the poor Princess had when she took her first bite. "What is the meaning of this Lu---" Celestia realized Luna was in fact still gone.

"I want the guards to check the kitchen staff, and find the jokester responsible. I was hoping to share this cake, but it seems the frosting has been tampered with as I ate it." the Princess said. One thing that got her mad almost as much as something hurting her Ponies, was somepony messing with her cake time. NO ONE messes with a Princess and her cake time!

She made her way to the kitchen to order more frosting when the two of Luna's guards hoofed each other, congratulating themselves one prank was working well. Sergeant Fury went to attend a staff meeting and left Blitzen to head for the barracks. Blitzen happily waited for the laxative to work its effects, and to write his beloved another song for her to sing for the next visit.


Sergeant Fury was not only angry, he was very embarrassed. He knew he wasn't feeling himself during the staff meeting, but as his stomach gurgled and his body gave in, he had to leave and deal with the issue as quickly as possible. His Captain was mad, but she understood when the other male Royal Guards told her he was having issues in the restroom.

Still, Feather Fury was never one to take a prank like this laying down. Especially as he knew it was his own Private, lil Blitzen, who had done this to him! "He may find this funny, but I know one thing he treasures I can destroy as he sleeps to get even!" He talked to himself, as he snuck in and prepared the shaving tools.

Sergeant Fury had met the young Kirin a few months back. But unlike other colts his age, he had a particular facial feature they did not have. a beard. Normally, only creatures like goats would grow something like a beard that young, and the other Royal and Night Guards used to mock him, until their respective Captains told them to knock it off. Still, seeing a young one wear this white fur on his chin lead to Feather Fury himself asking why he never shaved it off.

"I wouldn't dream of doing that, Sir! I have had this since I was young, and I believe all Kirins have one, even my adopted Sister. Though I would advise never telling her that! She is very sensitive about her facial fur, Sir!" Private Blitzen had told him. It was through that off conversation, that this prank would find its target.

Blitzen slept next to a picture of his home and his sweetheart in his bed. He always liked waking up to those two things, and his Commanding Officers allowed him to do so, because of his being a colt. He woke up, kissed his picture of his special crush, and hugged the picture of home as usual. However, he notice his chin was tingling, and white fur was present next to his head as he got up. He trotted to the nearest mirror and a feeling of panic as well as anger overwhelmed him, almost to tears. "My beard! Who shaved my precious beard?!?"

As tears came to his eyes, Sergeant Fury came to call upon him for morning drills. "Oh, looks like the little Private has finally grown up and learned to shave!" He said mockingly to him. Blitzen was confused, as his Sergeant was never cruel to him, unlike other guards who teased him. He, however, soon realized the murderer of Blitzy beard was and the Sergeant added, "Now, we are even! Let's get to those drills, Private!" he ordered, and marched ahead.

"Yes, Sir!" Blitzen said. He was very angry. Two things you NEVER touch that belong to a Kirin, are their loved ones, and their beard. He hurt the latter, and feared for his Sergeant if he ever touched the former. Still, Blitzen let it go, as he didn't want to be in trouble by prolonging a prank battle with his Commanding Officer. He marched out to follow when he heard the Royal Canterlot Voice call for guards.

==========================================

The Private, and soon Sergeant, ran together to see what had happened to the Princess. When they entered they saw the Princess' own student, Twilight Sparkle, sitting near the Royal Alicorn blushing embarrassingly. "I am so sorry Princess but your letter said--"

"I know what the letter said, and I am very glad you did such, thorough, research on this topic. However, I did not write this! The Guards responsible for this idea of a prank are going to step forward and explain themselves right now!" Princess celestia had said.

Nopony present knew what the 'issue' that Twilight was visiting for, other than it was some sort of mare issue, and that was all. The two pranksters standing at attention winked at each other, happy that Phase Two was complete! Yes, the Princess was embarrassed, but Luna had planned this, and all they had to do was follow the clever plan!

"I will NOT REPEAT MYSELF! Who is responsible for this! Was it your troops, Captain Shield?" she accused the Opliptera Captain.

"I assure you that my troops would rather die than dishonor the one who rescued Lady Luna." The Captain said, but like most of the Shield clan, she didn't know when it was a good time to stop talking. "I expect YOU to apologize to my Guards. I shan't take that accusation, and raise the your undisciplined Royal Guards are to blame. I would also say this is Lady Luna because--"

"ENOUGH! YOU ARE RELIEVED OF YOUR POST!" Celestia shouted, but regretted raising her voice, as the Night Guards were very upset that their Captain was being ordered step down, and started to face off to the opposing Royal Guards who supported Celestia. Twilight hid under Celestia's wing and tried to calm those she could while Celestia regretted being so harsh.

A stallion shover one stallion on one side, and then another, and soon, both sets of guards were fighting among themselves, trying to defend each other's honor. It was a scene of chaos, that all started from a simple prank letter. Despite the Princess asking and even raising her voice to calm the opposing sides, anger fueled each side, and it was in that moment, somepony decided to end it all.

"STOP EVERYPONY!" a small voice shouted and let loose a small bolt of lightning upward to silence everypony present. "I did it, please! My Captain has nothing to do with this, she is a kind-hearted Soldier and loves you, Princess Celestia! I am the one who snuck the letter to send to Miss Sparkle!" Blitzen confessed, crying in fear for a near mini-Civil War that was brewing after the Captain was nearly forced to step down..

"No Private! I did it! I also sabotaged your cake, Princess Celestia. Please, let the Private go!" Sergeant Fury confessed as well, with the Opliptera Guards shocked that their Brother pegasi and servant of Lady Luna did such a thing. Both of Luna's Guards stood to face the Princess together, as the Sergeant held the crying colt, make sure his sobs and the resulting diamond-like jewels were being cleaned-up.

Celestia was happy that everything was calmed, but livid she found the pranksters. "Everypony, except the two guards, the Captain, and my student, please leave." she said calmly, and the other ponies left. Once alone, she turned to her student. "It seems this was a prank, my most Faithful Student. I apologize for my reaction, and to the Captain, I didn't mean what I said."

"Of course, Lady Celestia! I apologize for my behavior as well. YOU TWO are on my list, starting TODAY!" Captain Shield said to the bowing guards, and she left hiding tears after her yelling match with the Princess. She prayed that she never had to do that again.

"Yes, it would appear you two have some explaining to do. Before you do, I will say it was cruel of Luna to have you two pull these pranks off. Yes, I am fully aware it was her, as only my sister can write a letter like I can to fool Twilight." Celestia said, and the unicorn was very embarrassed again.

"No, your Majesty. We were given instruction that we are to be punished should the prank be discovered. I, however, have already upset the young Private enough, and I shall take our punishments." Sergeant Fury said, and shot a flirtatious glare at the purple unicorn next to the Princess. She simply blushed, but scowled at him for involving her in the joke.

"I want you both to apologize to Twilight, especially you little Blitzen. She never deserved this involvement." Both Guards apologized, and Blitzen even kissed the hoof of the Librarian, who smiled at the Kirin colt.

"I forgive you two. But next time, you shouldn't be involved in somepony else's battle." She added cheerfully, and even hugged the still teary-eyed colt. The Princess nodded to her student and she set off back to her home.

"I expect so much from my Sister's own Private Guard, and even if you two were under orders, we shall have to discuss punishment at a later time. For now, do not let me catch you two doing anymore pranks. I'll talk to my sister about this when she comes." Princess Celestia hugged the two Guards, and they bowed to her before being dismissed.

As the two guards left Celestia sat back of her throne, thinking about what just happened. "Oh Luna, I underestimated you! You are quite the clever prankster, aren't you!" Princess Celestia said to herself, and hid the scrolls of advice about her problem away, still laughing that Twilight would do such a thing without confirming with her first.


"I don't care how long it takes for you to finish, you to eat this cake, and clean every room in the barracks until Lady Luna gets back. I swear, I work with such useless Donkeys around here! No offense, Officer Earl!" Captain Shield was ranting

"None take ma'am" The passing Donkey said cheerfully.

"Anyway, the cake is in the fridge and it is all you two will eat until you are done. I better not EVER catch you two making me stick my neck out for you like that again. Have a nice night, ok?" Captain Shield finally finished, and flew off as there was much paperwork she had to file.

The two were left to their tasks when the stallion decided to speak up. "Blitzen, I am really sorry about shaving your beard, buddy! I guess I got caught up in the prank war." Sergeant Fury said to his partner.

"It is ok, Sir. I am so sorry for making you get in trouble for the laxative frosting. I, just thought you were looking at my letters. You have no idea what my Sweetie did for me, so I guess I got jealous. Sir." Blitzen confessed to his Commanding Officer.

They hugged briefly, and Feather Fury and he talked through the issue, sharing why Blitzen was in the Private Guard in the first place. "It's because she saved my life, and I wanted to spend my life with the filly who was willing to do that. I could have lived a long time, but I simply didn't see life without her as an option. That is why I serve Lady Luna, Sir." He stated honestly, as he cleared some gum off a chair.

"Wow, this Sweetie sounds like a special mare. Hehe, I guess I am a little jealous! Never had much luck with the mares, but yours was very brave. I did look at the letters, but only to see what they were, nothing more than that. I am still sorry." Sargent Feather Fury said.

"I accept that, and now I see why the Opliptera call you their Brother. You are a good stallion, Sir!" Blitzen said, cleaning a particular stubborn stain off the ground.

"Hehe, by the way... do you think I have a chance with that cute purple Unicorn? Twilight Sparklie?" The sergeant teased the colt.

"Sir, I say go for it. Besides, what is the worst that can happen?" Blitzen said, remembering his previous run-in with the unicorn, and hid a giggle. They talked the rest of the night, and managed to clean up most of the barracks by morning, and got to sleep during their normal day-shift.


Blitzen got up after a precious few hours of sleep, and saw an odd creature with its head in their barrack's fridge. He motioned a hoof to shake the Sargent nearby awake. As the Sergeant got up, a little filly with unusual looking wings pounced them. "HI HI! Your Yum Yum tastes so good! Want some?" she said very excitedly to the older pegasus who was not believing what he saw.

Blitzen was simply staring at the creature who shared the same physiology as himself, but instead of being a unicorn like himself, she was a pegasus with dragon-like wings. Wings that despite all his self-control he stared at and drooled over and forgot all about what he was thinking about moments earlier.

"Private, stop staring at the little filly's wings! I swear you and wings... She is obviously lost, and we need to find out how she got her and report to the Captain." The Sergeant told his partner who blushed at being caught staring. They both dressed and got ready as the filly continued eating almost all their muddy-tasting cake. The two guards were prepared and prepared to take the filly to their Captain.

As they walked down with the filly bouncing behind them, and occasionally hugging both of the two males, the older pegasus had to add one more tease to the young colt. "So, does your filly knew about your love of wings? I could have swore she was a unicorn and --"

"DON'T EVER mention this to her! I mean, please don't say anything about that, Sir!" Private Blitzen yelled with an almost scary veil of threat behind his unease. The older stallion nodded and remembered to 'never' tease with the Kirin's love life or odd wing fascination.

They approached the Captain's office and as they opened the door, they saw the Captain and Lieutenant making out and simply stared. "YOU TWO! OUT! NOW!" Captain Rouge ordered and they shut the door immediately and backed away.

Both partners, and even the filly started to laugh. Just as they stopped laughing Princess Luna came down the hall and greeted them and looked happy she found the special filly. "Lady Luna, the Captain and Lieutenant are... busy in there, please don't--" Private Blitzen tried to warn the princess, but she saw the two Opliptera were doing what she imagined Blitzen was warning her about.

"Captain! You and the Lieutenant! Such impropriety! You know you should have told me he was your special somepony, and I would have allowed a short leave." the Princess casually said, not particularly caring of the breach of protocol. She after all, trusted her Captain, and her love life was her business.

"I apologize Lady Luna! I, also need to inform you of those TWO! Do you know what they did? I nearly lost my rank as Captain yesterday defending them, and I want permission to punish them!" Captain Rouge Shield said, trying to change the focus from her, and to the two guards who were still on her 'list'.

"No need, I am aware as I gave them the order. I however will talk to Celestia myself regarding her stepping over my own guards. I mean, it isn't as if our two ranks were on the brink of fighting, right?" Luna innocently asked. Seeing all silent in front of her gave her the answer she was fearing. "Oh dear..."

"I want more Yum Yum nice lady!" a small filly interrupted her thoughts and forms of apologies that Luna was preparing in her head. She was excitedly hovering and her Piscine-like wings caught the guards present attention, beside Blitzen.

"Everypony, this is Awkuwa. She is a Kirin-like filly we found while out on the adventure. I'll explain more in a little while. For now, I would prefer to tell my guards this only once, so could you wake the Night Guard for a meeting, Captain?" Luna asked her Captain, who was happy to do so.


..."and that is where I was this whole time, my dear Children. I found my new friend, Lil Nessie, and this small filly, and I simply ask you all watch her as she were your own. Until I find some place she can stay." Princess Luna told her guards some moments later. All the guards looked tired but were ready to do as their Lady requested, and some of the female guards even played with the filly, calling her 'cute' and 'adorable'.

"You two, come with me" Luna directed her voice to her two Private Guards and they followed. She lead them to a separate room and closed the door. "How did Celestia find out it was me behind the pranks? I gave you both explicit instruction to not saying anything and, well?" Their lady Princess waited for their answers, and then Sergeant Fury answered.

"She knew we were not able to trick Miss Twilight Sparkle, and guessed it must have been you. We both said nothing, although the only witness to that was Miss Sparkle herself." he spoke plainly. Luna however could easily confirm this, as she knew both guards before her had know idea how Celestia wrote her letters.

"Very well. Still, to satisfy my sister's anger, you two are off-duty for the next two weeks. I'll arrange transport tp Ponyville, and all I wish to order you, is to have fun. I cannot guarantee the Captain's punishments won't be lifted, but I shall see what I can do. Is that understood?" Luna asked the two before her.

"Yes Ma'am! Thank you Princess Luna!" Both guards said, and with that, they were going to run to the barracks, when Luna asked for Blitzen to stay behind.

"Here, there are some bits and a reservation for a nice place for you two to stay in Ponyville. You may visit your home as well, and of course see your beloved one. Just... don't have too much fun little one, and that goes for your Sergeant too!" Blitzen blushed, as he knew what Luna implied as a tease, but did worry about what Feather Fury would do with himself in Ponyville.

"Yes, I understand Lady Luna. I thank you again for my ability to serve you, and cannot wait to be back! I shall have fun as well." Blitzen said, and excused himself as Luna continued to look over a few photos she took of her trip.

Both Blitzen and Feather Fury were ready to go on their punishment to Ponyville, when Feather Fury asked Blitzen. "Hey! Doesn't that unicorn librarian live there?!?"


"Sister, I have come up with nothing from the dragons, but I may have a solution with your permiss--" Luna was saying as she ran into a cellophane sheet as she walked into Celestia's Private Chambers. Luna looked cross at her, but knew the prank war was back in full swing again!

"Haha, you always fall for that little Sis, but what is it you were asking?" Celestia asked her sister as they sat in the bed together.

"I think I may know the best pony to teach and maybe come to figuring out what issues little Awkuwa is going through. But as she is your student, I wanted to ask you first." Luna asked, knowing her Sister was concerned for the filly too.

"I'll ask Twilight. Who knows, perhaps helping raise a filly for a little while will inspire her to get out more and have a family of her own one day." Celestia said as she poured some tea for herself and her sister. Both sipped the tea, but began to laugh at the thought of Twilight Sparkle actually finding love.

"Sister, that isn't right to make fun of her! I am sure Twilight is fully able to find love one day." Luna tried to stop laughing at the thought. "Besides, I think you underestimate her... just trust me on this!" Luna said, her mind somewhere else at the moment.

=============================================

Below in Ponyville, Twilight was spending an evening under the stars with a certain pegasus Sergeant. "I am so glad you asked me out, but I hope I am not boring you with the constellations. I know I am not the most exciting mare around." Twilight said to her guest, unsure if this was a regular date idea or not and over analyzing what she was doing at the moment.

"Don't worry, I can listen to you talk all night!" Feather Fury added and simply looked upon his newest date and listened to her words with apparent eagerness." I hope Private Blitzen is ready to leave for Cloudsdale or somewhere else tomorrow. I like this unicorn, but she is so nerdy. I guess it is cute, but I don't think I would like to hear this on every date! I hope Blitzen is doing better than I am." He thought to himself as she repeated the lecture on the history of constellations.

Blitzen meanwhile, was at a mini-sleepover with his special filly friend Sweetie Belle and her friends Scootaloo and Apple Bloom. He was telling about the pranks they did towards poor Celestia, and despite all that they did, they got a vacation out of it. "It has been fun, but I still miss my beard... " Blitzen lamented. All the fillies present however complemented the new look, and it cheered him up greatly. Perhaps it wasn't a bad thing. I hope Sergeant Fury is having fun too! The Private thought as the sleepover continued into the night.

Comments ( 5 )

^^ Thanks. I hope this section of story is enjoyable for those who choose to read it!

1496881
Second part, twas funny!

wait how old is Blitzen? I know being a Kirin is a little confusing age wise...
Also I think I need to make a list for all of the couples in this. Funny stuff

1581162

Hey there. Well in a previous story, Letters from Blitzen he is a colt around 10-11 years of age. but has lived around 120 actual years. I justified this as he aged very slowly and matured at a much slower pace than other ponies.

That said in that story, after a situation comes up in which Sweetie saves Blitzen, he is given an opportunity to age normally. He decides to take it, in exchange for his present service to the Princess. Thus why he is a Private now (the gap between the two stories is around three to four months, taking into consideration standard Basic Training here in the States as a measure, as I have no idea what Equestrian standards are!)

Hope that explains that. Sadly, not planning any more chapters to this story, but Awkuwa will return, under the tutelage of the Librarian who would love to learn more about her, and study her unique physiology. This will be after Thanksgiving though, as I am going to be without internet for a while. (Plus, I am trying to find an artist, probably Myke Greywolf again, but I have others who would like to draw the Longma. It presents a bit of a challenge in it of itself!)

Login or register to comment