• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 727 Views, 8 Comments

In search of Nessie, and the Beginning of the next Prank War! - Will of Haphinea



Luna and Pip go on a new adventure! Meanwhile, a prank war is brewing...

  • ...
 8
 727

Adventures to the Unknown!

"I am going to go see Nessie, Sister can't complain that she's Messy! Pip and me are going to be, the Bestie... friends on our way to Nessie!" Luna cheerfully sang her heart out to her little song she made up a day ago.

Normally, seeing their Lady of the Night happy was the goal of the Opliptera Night Guards, but ever since she made that song up, she never... stopped... SINGING IT! Even the Captain of her Guards, Rouge Shield, was running low on patience, and calming the other Night Guards, as well as the morning shift of Celestia's guards.

"I am going to ask her to quiet it down! Please go back to your stations or so help me I'll--" Captain Shield soon came face-to-face with an upset Luna.

"Do I hear complaints about my singing? Would you all like to sing-a-long? " She asked the Captain in front of her, and a few nervous guards behind her. If the guards were anything like Celestia's, most would have went along with her request. Shield, however, was not like other guards.

"NO! We have had enough of that song! Lady Luna, we understand you are happy, and I cannot wait until you come back from your trip. But must you sing that song over and over?" Captain Rouge said to her Princess. The unaware Royal Guards had no idea such protocol could be broken, but they didn't know how forgiving Luna was either.

"Well, if you insist, I shall stop. I'll wait until I can teach Pip anyway!" Luna said. The crowd around the nearby halls sighed with relief there torment was over. "Speaking of... Captain Rouge who will be escorting us along the journey? I fear both Sargent Fury and lil, I mean, Private Blitzen are on a special assignment for now."

Luna smiled to herself. She had asked both of those two members of her own Private Guard to come up with a new series of pranks for her sister while she was away. It was an order so secret, that she didn't even discuss the details with her own Captain. It was her first "Black Ops" mission for the two newest non-Opliptera Guards. She looked to her Captain before she answered.

"Well, I have a couple choices. From Celestia's wing, we have Sargent Holy Armor, the cleric, and his partner, Private O'Roy. Or, we also have the siblings from the Night Guards, Lieutenant Polaris Blade, and his most trusted Private, Sirius Blade, his sister. Of course, Lunar Flame may be substituted if you prefer. I believe his wing is still healing though." She reported to her Lady of the Night.

"Hmm, I'l take the siblings along. In truth Captain, do you trust the Lieutenant to protect myself and lil Pip? I don't remember what monsters are out there after a thousand years, but if they fail in their protection of that colt." Luna raised her voice ever so slightly. Twilight may have been the first pony friendly to her that last Nightmare Night, but it was little Pip that stole her heart, and gave her the title of favorite Princess, something she occasional used when Celestia would argue with her.

"Should any harm come to him... Well, I'll have myself to blame, but I shall be very angry at the ponies who let him get hurt!" Captain Rouge thought about this. It was a well known secret that she and the Lieutenant were considering marriage, but were holding off until one or both left the Night Guard. Still there was nothing in her mind that said he wasn't anything but a brave Guard and loyal until the end.

Putting aside her need to protect her special somepony, she answered honestly. "I would trust him with my life, and her with everything else!" she said. Luna looked her over and nodded, and that decision was finally made.

==============================================================

Princess Celestia was anxious to see Luna off. She still didn't believe in that imaginary creature, but the months of bickering petty threats and hundreds of photos of 'proof' and dozens of eyewitnesses made her on giving up on trying to get through to Luna. She hugged her sister tightly with her graceful wings. "Please, do stay safe. I believe all the major monster problems have been resolved over the years, but there are prankster Kelpies and other spirits still out there!"

"I shall Sister. I love you so much, but I shall bring back proof! I know she is still alive!" Luna said before leaping off to fly to Ponyville to meet her little colt friend. Her Guards flew behind and guarded her flank as she descended.

"I hope you do find her, sister. If just for closure." Celestia said to herself.


Luna had picked up little Pipsqueak and after much assurance that everything would be ok, and a very nice letter from Celestia as well, they were on their way! Luna for her part was so excited, she asked lil Pip to join in her new song!

"Oh no! Private, fly higher! It's that song again!" Lieutenant Polaris warned his sister before the two below started to sing.

"I am going to go see Nessie, Sister can't complain that she's Messy! Pip and me are going to be, the Bestie... friends on our way to Nessie!" she sang, while Pipsqueak sang a slightly different version for his song.

"AHH! It's still in my head, brother!" Sirius complained as the song danced in her head, with no way to get it out.

=====================================================

Soon they came to a nice clearing and decided to make camp for a rest. As the journey was going to be a long one, the plan was to walk during the day, wake early, fly a bit with Pip on the Princess' back, and then continue on foot again until night. The first camp was a good distance aways from Ponyville and near the foot of the Canterlot Mountains. Luna smiled know if she needed to, her sister was somewhat closer to them watching over their journey.

Pipsqueak finally finished his tent and sat near the Princess, and was very eager to talk to her after the fun day of singing. He would never admit it to anypony, but he sort of liked being around his favorite Princess, it made him feel special. "Well, I got all I had to do done with that tent. I am so happy to be here with you Princess." he told her, and she nuzzled him for a little bit.

"As am I Pipsqueak, as am I." Luna said, but embraced the you colt in a tight hug before she continued. "I have missed you so much, and once we head out tomorrow, the real adventure begins!" Luna was excited. According to all the evidence she was given over the years, Nessie was supposed to be in a lake North of Canterlot. Reports varied, but she had a few lakes in mind that she remembered from all those years ago.

"Miss Luna, you are so pretty. Tell me how you move the moon or *yawn* or how you make the.. sky ..so..." Pipsqueak tried to ask, but his energy was spent during their long walk, and all that singing made him very tired. Luna held the colt for a little while, and whispered something in his ear that made him smile before she lowered him into his tent.

Luna smiled, but had something important to ask her escorts. "Lieutenant, Private, come!" she ordered and the two stealthy Night Guards swooped down from a nearby tree. They saluted to her Majesty, and she dismissed them without saying anything. "Do you know anything about these lands? I asked the others and very few travelled these non-populated areas much anymore. Anything from your clan traditions?" Luna asked both the Blade clansponies in front of her.

"I know from history this area used to have some terrible river monsters. If we do travel near these bodies of water, I suggest that we use caution. Kelpies and tricksters I don't worry to much about, but things like the Ukoy were never killed." Lieutenant Polaris reported to his Lady of the Night.

"Isn't that big tentacle monster? I could have swore we handled that years ago, according to our stories." Private Sirius interjected.

"No, the creature was very weak when we captured it and dragged it out of the water, but it escaped and is much stronger when it is nearer to its lair. So long as we keep a safe distance from the water at night, we should be ok." the Lieutenant said. Luna acknowledged both of their opinions.

"What of Lake Serpents, Rogue Dragons? There are other creatures of the water, but Sister assured me those were dealt with." Luna asked. Both of the escorts shook their heads, no dragons or dragon-like creatures had been reported in many years, even in this area.

"Well, alright then. Please get some rest. I shall watch over you my children as you sleep, and protect Pipsqueak as he were my own. Good night." She ordered the two to rest which they both were eager to do after the long flight. Luna looked once more up to the Canterlot Mountain, and mumbled a very low goodnight to her sister above.


Elsewhere a creature looked over the camp site, anger in its eyes, and hunger growing in its belly. It was hungry, but knew fire meant danger. It watched the camp, and waited for something to happen.

Luna was getting ready to rest, and put out the small fire near the camp. She went to wake the Guards for their duty to watch her and her guest, when she sensed something nearby. She ignored it, but on instinct placed a small shielding spell around the entrance of little Pips tent. She woke her Guards and as Polaris stretched out, he froze.

"Princess, what... is that?!?" He pointed with a single hoof, but otherwise stayed still. Luna slowly turned, readying her magic for an attack if the creature was dangerous. As she turned she saw it.

"A Sianach? Here?!? Lieutenant get the Private ready, I am going to speak to it!" Luna ordered and the Guard shook his sister up, who was ready to fight until she saw the creature. For those two guards there, it was a large red-eyed deer like creature. It's antlers were huge and sharp, and it hovered near the tent sniffing the smalls of the sleeping colt. Unlike a deer though, its teeth were sharp and that meant one thing: It was a carnivorous beast!

Both Night Guards positioned themselves, ready to fly towards the creature if it foolishly attacked the Princess. Because it had a name, they waited for Luna to talk to it, but readied themselves and their lives for her defense.

"Sianach! Please hear me, I can see you hunger, and can offer you what little we have! In turn, leave this little colt alone, and hunt elsewhere. I shall not hurt you." Princess Luna looked into the eyes of the creature and stared. It stared back, but sensed the pony in fron of it was willing to fight for its colt. It growled, and seemed to motion for the offered food. Luna turned to pick up the pack of food, but the creature ripped into the tent, and Luna blasted the creature back with a strong magic force, blasting some of its defensive antlers off. The two opliptera guard swooped in next to their Princess flashing their weapons.

"HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HARM MY CHILD! RUN FOUL CREATURE! She yelled in the Canterlot Royal voice and her eyes glowed with visable anger even the Night Guards feared. The creature scared for its life and afraid for losing more antlers simply did what was asked of it, and ran away. While it turned Pipsqueak had woken up and saw the creature, but stayed still in fear of being gobbled up. when the creature left, a calmer Luna ran to the side of a very scared Pipsqueak.

"I wanna go home. I am so sorry Miss Luna, I can't go anymore. I don't wanna be gobbled up!!!" Pip said as he cried. Luna was saddened. She wanted to share this adventure with her little colt friend but found herself crying with the little colt too.

"We have failed you Our Princess, we shall await our punishment at--" Lieutenant Polaris tried to say, but Luna motioned him to be silent.

"No, the fault was with me my children. We shall head back after we rest. If you two spot ANYTHING else, wake me immediately. Especially if it is that foul creature!" Luna hated how greedy that Sianach for not only trying to eat her friend, but making him cry was too far for her.

She held her small friend and kissed his head, as he fell asleep again. The guards talked over the recent events while searching for the evil creature the rest of the night. Little did they know, another creature had heard the commotion some distance away, and was on its way over to see what that noise was.


Pipsqueak woke up the next morning, seeing his Princess hold him over his sleeping bag. He was so happy she was protecting him, but felt bad that they had to go back. He looked around for the guards, but he didn't see anypony around. He looked for his little back he had snacks in there, but saw some strange creature trying to open it up.

He was scared it was another of those saw nock things the other ponies were talking about. But as it turned around trying to figure out how to open the bag, he realized it was a pegasi filly. She seemed to have very odd wings, but Pip decided that maybe she was special or something. "After all, the bat ponies with Luna had different wings, so why can't this filly?" he thought to himself. As she was about to run off, Pip jumped out of Luna's grip and jumped in front of the surprised pony.

"AHH! No eat! No eat! I no food!" she yelled, covering herself with her large wings. Pip looked at her oddly, trying to figure out a way to get her out of hiding, when he got his bag, and opened it. he reached for a snack, and she peaked out, looking at him.

"I am a friend, who are you?" Pipsqueak asked. She was trying to reach for the snack, when two Night Guards dropped down on either side of her, and the Private escorted the young colt away.

"Princess, we found another creature! She was near the colt and--" Luna jumped up and was charging a spell as she galloped towards the little figure between the guards when the little creature cried.

"Please! I afraid. I scare. Sorry! Please... NEED DADDY!" the little filly-like creature cried out, as Luna halted, and observed the creature was scared, and not a danger.

Luna ordered her Night Guards to stand down, and Pipsqueak ran towards the terrified creature, and gave her the snack, which she bit out of his hoof, and ate greedily. "HAPPY HAPPY! Yum Yum!" she cried out and sat in front of the colt, starring at him.

"It can't be... it isn't possible! Lieutenant, are you sure there were no dragons sighted here?" she asked her guard.

"As far as I know, but is this another Kirin? She seems to have scales like Blitzen." he asked his Lady.

"Yes, and no. This is a type of pony-dragon, called a Longma. If I recall they are very special mixes that... " Luna paused and looked for a stick on the ground. She picked it up, and looked at the little filly. "Little one, could you go get this stick as I throw it?"

"Yes Yes, nice lady! I get then, more Yum Yum!" the filly said excitedly wagging her tail like a dog, and trotting in place excitedly.

"Princess are you sure you want to--" Private Sirius was interrupted as the stick flew into the river, and before everyponies' eye, she did something impossible. She WALKED on the water! She grabbed the stick and ran back to the group, and rubbed against the small colt, expecting another snack.

Pipsqueak hugged the filly and gave her another snack. She hugged him back and nuzzled him as well. The two went off and played, as the adult ponies talked. "Princess, excuse my language but what in the HAY is that?!?" Private Sirius asked.

"A Longma. They are like Kirin, Dragon-Pony hybrids, but from a far-Eastern land. I don't know how she is here! Her father must have lost her, but how did she survive out here alone?" Luna asked herself, and saw the excited filly leapt into the air, and its Piscine-like wings unfurled, and she flew into the air for a brief while.

"What should we do? I mean, we can't leave her here and she seems to really have bounded with Pipsqueak. Plus she needs some serious speech therapy and--" the Lieutenant stopped when both mares stared at him angrily for the last suggestion.

"Yes, we should try to bring her back with us. I can contact the Dragons of that land, and see if any of them have missing family. But, let's try and get them back." Luna ordered and the guards walked towards the two playing young ponies, and then, as they came closer, Pip spoke to the Princess.

"She knows where Nessie is! She knows where she is!" he said excitedly. Luna heart jumped in her chest and she was going to have him repeat himself, but held back.

"Pipsqueak, we really should go back. I know last night was scary for you, and we should get you back." Luna offered the colt, when an angry Longma filly stood between her and the colt, as to defend him.

"He stay, I bring to Nessie! Please?" she asked the Princess and the guards before her, and Pipsqueak looked excited to continue as well. She began to walk around and spread her wings to fly, and wanted to show them the way.

"Are you sure you wish to continue, little one? I don't know what else lies ahead, but if you want to come, we shall." the Princess asked one more time.

"Yes, I want to go, and can she come? She is really nice and is fun!" Pip asked in a sweet way, and Luna's heart melted at the sight. She nodded, and the small colt climbed onto the Princesses back, and the other ponies who could fly got ready to follow towards where the excited Longma filly flew.


The flight to the location where the young filly claimed to see Nessie seemed to be around the same location as the reports indicated, but as she was only a little one, she did get tired, and so the group rested nearby another riverbend, and a new lake that was a short hike away. The filly seemed very excited to land, despite the long flight. Perhaps due to her larger wingspan, she didn't have to flap as much as the other adult ponies

"I remember this spot, from long ago. Of course, this river wasn't as strong flowing, but I suppose time changes things!" Luna declared very happy she had begun remembering locations. Her Guards were prepping the camp site, and scanning around for creatures as Pip got up to stretch and help with his belongings as well.

As he did so, he noticed the filly was gone. "Princess? Where did the 'Longma' filly go? I can't find her anywhere, and I wanted to share more snacks with her!" Pi said, but Luna had seen her run towards the water.

"Well, it appears she is hungry. Pip, I know you may not understand, but some creatures, like that filly, eat--" Luna was explaining about how she was a hunter, when she was interrupted by the filly dropping a slightly chewed up fish.

"Yum Yum, for pretty lady! He can have too!" she said excitedly. She took a portion into her mouth, and chewed it in front on the two ponies who were not used to seeing meat being eaten.

"You... you killed the fish! You don't need to eat them! I have snacks and candy, ponies don't eat fish!" Pipqueak tried to reason with his new friend, but she merely looked at him, shrugged, and took the other portion for herself. Pip looked to his Princess, wondering why his friend acted that way.

"Oh Pip, I am so sorry. It'll be ok. She is part Dragon and they eat meat, like the Griffons do. I'll make sure she doesn't do so again around you, if you'd prefer?" Luna said, trying not to let this cultural incident damage the young friendship developing. Pip nodded his head, and Luna walked over to the filly.

"Hi nice lady! Want Yum Yum?" she asked, but saw the Princess was uneasing about the remains of the fish that were there.

"No little one, we don't eat that. We eat snacks, and things like this. " Luna pointed to some food that they brought with them like sandwiches, cookies, etc. "What is your name little one? Where is your mommy and daddy?"

"Daddy went away. Be back soon. Mommy... " she looked down, and teared up, but held back her tears. "It ok, she love me. I am Awkuwa. AW-KU-WA!" she said her name slowly to the curious Princess.

"You are Aqua, or--"

"AW! KU! WA! Not that one, Awkuwa!" The filly repeated herself, and the Princess noticed it was in fact three distinct syllables, not two, like in the previous word she guessed.

"Alright little Awkuwa! I am Princess Luna, and I wish to learn more about you, but only after we find Nessie. Then, would you like to join us home? We can help find your Daddy." Luna asked the filly. In truth, while she was fascinated with the creature, she didn't want her to live alone any longer. She worried the monsters, or eventually something else, would take her life as a lonely filly.

"Yay! I can go! I like him! He hugs and likes Awkuwa!" she said proudly. Luna listened, and did see she still needed a little help with her speech patterns, but that would come in time. The fact she could speak was very reassuring to the Princess. She smiled and kissed the filly on the head, and she seemed really excited by the action, and charged away from the Princess, to repeat that action to little Pip repeatedly.

"Princess! The filly won't stop kissing me!" Pipsqueak said in a slight panic, but knew she was trying to be nice. Luna laughed and separated the two, and after a big meal, they settled in for some much needed rest.

"I am so close to seeing her again! I know she has to remember me!" Luna said to herself as she watched the stars in the sky, and made sure the two tired children rested easy.


"Princess Luna! There is an odd creature asking for you some distance away!" a slightly scared Private Sirius said to the awakened Princess. She got up and followed the Private to a nearby hill, and slowed as she saw a large creature, with a lion-like body and strange head in front of her. She recognized him, but he was far from where he normally lived.

"Haha! Sphinx! What are you doing here? I am not due for another riddle from you until five hundred years or so." She asked the odd creature, who laughed at her assumption it was here for her.

"Princess, it has truly been a while, but I find myself here not of my will, but through some odd magic. Also, I am here for your colt. Though he is young, he must be tested by a trail of riddles, or questions. You know this is my way." he explained to the Night Princess.

"What of little Awkuwa? She is innocent, and unable to understand much outside of survival! Please, leave her out of your duty!" Luna asked the ancient creature before her.

"I shall, as Awkuwa Kounsel has been tested before. I shall say, her Father still lives, but I fear he may have forgotten her. Now, the colt?" the Sphinx asked.

"Yes, this way. Do not harm him!" Luna said, and the two long-living creatures walked towards the camp.

Pipsqueak woke up, and saw a giant creature before him. It smiled as Luna waited at the side, and allowed Pip to face the creature alone. "Hello Mister monster? May I help you??"

The Sphinx smiled. "I am here to asked a simple question or riddle, something that can be profound, or a simple statement of fact. You must answer, and then I may give you an answer to any question you seek. If not, you will not be ready to continue this journey. Do you understand?" It asked.

Pip swallowed his nervousness, and agreed to the creatures request. He may be young, but he was going to be brave for his Princess. "I am ready!'

The Sphinx closed its eyes. "Oh to the Powers of the Universe. Give this small Colt a Question he must answer, or turn away to journey another day!" An image floated near Pip's head. "Answer this Universe ordained question now!" The Sphinx commanded.

Pipsqueak looked, and saw a math problem. He may have been young, but it seemed to him it was 'three plus three' written in front of him. He thought about it, to make sure it wasn't a joke, and he answered confidently. "Six, Mr. Monster!"

"HAHAHAHA! You are incorrect you... wait, you were given THIS question? " The Sphinx seemed betrayed by the Universe, and accepted he had been beaten. "Very well, ask any question, but I shall only answer this one, and no other for another fifty years, should we see each other again."

Pip knew what to ask right away. "Where is Nessie?" He asked simply, as this was the purpose of his journey.

"She is near the Lake between the two Mountains. But beware, for as you shall be excited to meet her, your Majesty will feel much sorrow." The Sphinx said, and Luna tried to stop him from disappearing, but he was already gone.

"What did he mean?" Luna asked herself. She ignored the cryptic answer and looked to the young colt, and the now awakened Awkuwa filly.

Pip jumped excitedly, his journey and adventure had been fun, but he missed home. "Look Princess, that lake is right there!" He motioned his hoof towards the direction of the mountains, and in the distance, you could spot a glimmer of water from the spot they were.

"Well then. Everypony ready? We are nearly there!" Luna declared, picking both filly and colt on her back, and flying fast towards the lake in the distance.

========================================================

The Lake was certainly a sight to behold, and almost everything Luna remembered those years ago. She was so eager to introduce her guests to her friend, and was ready to search the waters. But the little ones, as well as herself and guards, were quite hungry, so they decided to eat before their search. Awkuwa opted to walk along the lake to eat, and as she caught her food, she yelled out happily.

"Nessie! Nessie! She is here!" she announced, and the large creature came up, and nuzzled the small Longma, who showed not fear, but happiness of seeing her friend. The creature itself had a long neck, and a gentle round head. It appeared to be very docile, like a water herbivore. It playfully licked the face of the filly as she pet it and cheered its name.

Pip and the Guards came closer and stared at the creature, but Luna held back. "No, you... you can't be her! You are so small, and different!" She announced, and the creature and other ponies looked at her. "You all don't understand, this cannot be my Nessie!"

"Your Majesty, you were correct about there being a creature as you described, The Private shall take the photos soon, but what do you mean?" Lieutenant Polaris asked his Princess. Something was odd about his Princess' behavior. She looked like she had seen this creature before, but what she said would mean perhaps this was another creature?

The creature then made a series of low noises. Luna came closer, and used magic to link her mind with the creature, and after a brief time in its mind, she pulled away crying. Luna was not crying for fear, but what seemed to be tears of sadness. Her Guard stood by concerned, but little Pip raised his hoof, and ran towards her first.

"How did he know! Why didn't she tell me! I loved her, and she let them, let them---" Luna pouted more loudly, and Pip was unsure how to approach this. He had seen his own mother cry at times and he knew, sometimes, just being there for her cheered her up. If that didn't work, a simple kiss would with a slight nuzzle.

He bravely approached the Princess, and scooted himself under her front legs. He looked up to her face, and even though she wasn't his mother, he went to kiss her, when she looked over at the colt, and their lips, ever so briefly met and for a few seconds the two were kissing each other.

Now from Luna's view, it was an accident and she regretted the action immediately. To Pip, his entire world froze at that magical moment. He finally realized that those feelings for his princess was a crush! He liked her!!! He didn't know how, but he wanted to be his Princess' special somepony one day.

The young colt opened his eyes to see a blushing Luna staring at him, and her tears stopping slowly. She hugged him tightly and whispered so many thanks to him. The colt was proud he had helped his princess feel better. "She died. My Nessie, they killed her. My sister's Royal Guards... thought she was a dragon. That Nessie, she is her daughter. I...am sad it isn't her, but I am happy, she is ok." She confesses why she cried to her little colt friend.

Pipsqueak listened to the Princess tell her stories on how she used to play with Old Nessie before, sneak away to talk and just get away from the Castle for a bit. The most fun rides around the lake, and scaring away little birds and silly things like that. "You can still make new memories, but with this new Nessie!" Pip suggested. Luna knew he was right, but was upset the way she found out this way, however she had new happy memories to make!

They walked back together, and played with the creature for the rest of the day, and after several pictures were taken they were more than ready to go back home. Luna had her duties, Pipsqueak missed his family, and Awkuwa had her Father to go home to. Tomorrow was the day they would all head back, and tell all what they found on their journey.


Days had passed, but Luna was back in Ponyville to drop the young colt off home. She had her guards escort the filly to Canterlot to investigate more on her missing family. She thought it prudent to talk to the little colt a bit before dropping him off. "You know Pip, I am sorry about all those creatures that we had seen out there. I shall let your mother know, and if she has any questions, she can write me for more details."

"It's ok, but Princess, can I write you too?" Pipsqueak asked, hoping he could just spend the rest of the day with his beautiful Princess friend.

"Of course. You are a wonderful friend, and I love you as such!" Luna said proudly, but the little colt used this opportunity to kiss the Princess again on the lips, and she pulled back somewhat angrily. "Pip, you mustn't do that! Why would you... Oh."

Luna finally recalled that accident those days back. What was a simple peck on the lips to her, was something more to her little friend. Rather than hurt him later, she decided the truth was important to tell now. "Pip, we cannot. You are too young, and I have a special somepony. Big Mac... he's a such sweet stallion and... "

Pip was sad, but not crying. He felt hurt, but knew his Princess was with a good stallion. "Princess, I understand. Can I ask you something though?"

"Yes, of course, my little Pipsqueak!" Luna said, holding her friend tightly. She hated hurting his feelings, but had to be honest.

"Can I be one of your special guards one day? I know I am small, but one day I want to serve and protect you, if I can." He asked, expecting to be told he was too young again.

"You shall. When you are ready, I'll call you to serve. I know you'll be an excellent and brave guard for me. Just don't grow too fast, ok little Pip?" Luna playfully bopped his head, and played with him one more time. Both shared laughs and enjoyed being together for just a little while longer. They soon finished playing and once they finally got to his house, they went their separate ways.

Pip looked up as his Princess flew away. "I'll be ready for you Princess. I promise."


Princess Luna arrived back at the castle soon after and was greeted with a tight hug by her sister. Princess Celestia noticed Luna seemed slightly mad at her. "You knew, didn't you? That's why you didn't want me to go. Why did they kill her?" Luna hugged her sister as she asked, not wanting to cry again at the memory.

"Sister it was a different time. I never told you, as I was unsure of the fact it was your beloved friend until you kept bringing her up. I am very sorry for doubting you all those years ago and more recently especially. I just didn't want to see you hurt." Celestia answered her sister. "We do need to discuss what else you found. I am told by your guards that this Kirin-like filly is a Longma? How did she survive out there, and do you know anything else about her? She does seem to love water, as she ran straight into a fountain when she arrived!" Celestia recalled and laughed at the recent memory.

Luna broke the hug and remembered all that happened concerning Awkuwa. "Yes, I know her name, and I had a run-in with our old friend, the Sphinx. He mentioned her Father is alive, but unaware of his daughter being alive. I shall contact the Dragons and hopefully ask about any of the Elders knowing about dragons missing family." She stating as they caught up.

"Alright sister. We shall need somewhere for the little filly to stay until we find out more. Still, it is very exciting to her that at least some dragons and ponies are getting along to make such an excitable filly. I wish you the best of luck sister. Oh, before I go... your two agents were caught and confessed their involvement in your operation! We nearly had ourselves a civil war because of those pranks, and while I am still upset with them, I shall defer to you concerning their punishment." Princess Celestia stated, and Luna shied away.

"Sister, you can't be serious. I had nothing to do with that! But I shall talk to them, and yes, I better go now bye!" Luna walked away trying to hide her involvement, and a smile she had imagining how the pranks went. She after all, had to go see her Private Guards and find out what had happened while she was away...