• Published 3rd Mar 2024
  • 320 Views, 9 Comments

Wedding Bells and Bacos - Mokoma



...and other things that Sunset and Sonata are discussing to add to the reception of their special day! Surely it's all going according to plan?

  • ...
1
 9
 320

Epilogue - Universal Constants

Ten years later...

Sonata pointed at the various food items in the bakery. "That one...This one...And...that one!"

"Right away, miss!" The baker smiled, and began to put the foods into a brown paper bag.

Sunset Shimmer put her arms on her hips, raising a humored brow and smiling at Sonata. "So you're actually choosing pear jam over apple, huh? Applejack might go back in time and prevent us from marrying if she finds out, y'know..."

"Eeeeeeh..." Sonata spun her hands in a 'wheels are turning motion'. "I'll just tell her I was offered to listen to Pearl Jam and misheard 'em."

"Good luck, sweetie. The only way you'll stop her is if you ask Rarity to tell her to calm down. I swear, they've been together for what, eight years? Already feels like they're an old couple..."

Sonata's eyes widened in contemplation. "So since our 10 year anniversary's passed, does that mean we're dinosaurs?"

"Fossils." Sunset giggled. As they waited for the baker, her gaze lingered outside...

...And that's where she saw the two women holding hands. One with hair like bacon tied into a ponytail, and the other with blue and short hair, holding a taco in the other hand while dressed in a business blouse.

"...Hey, Sonata?" Sunset asked, eyes glued to them before she'd lost the sight in the crowd.

"Yeah?"

"...I got to thinking. Turns out there's universal constants after all."

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Said the siren, too distracted by the food that was being handed over to her.

"..." Sunset chuckled, and shook her head. "Us being together, and you loving tacos."

Comments ( 6 )

What’s a Baco?

Wanderer D
Moderator

Ok, this I need to read.

11839888
Bacon tacos!

11839890
Let's hope it holds out despite the 5 AM proofreading!

11841436
I suppose that works too.

I don't want to sound generic, so I just want to emphasize one thing... how Equestria Girls-esque it is, or rather, how it captures the original flavor of the spin-off. It's light-hearted and whimsical with all the shenanigans about prepping a wedding, of Sonata just walking up to Sunset, of bacos... along with the revelation that the closest villains we have here are not wannabe world-enders but those who've misunderstood (Star Swirl) and those who were afraid of losing their sister (the other two sirens).

The magical inter-dimensional shenanigans frame a (dare I say) mundane conflict, and I think it's all the better for that (Forgotten Friendship and, to some extent, Mirror Magic come to mind), and accomplishing that for a ship I wouldn't have commonly thought of is icing on the cake... which is to say, nice chemistry between Sunset and Sonata!

Thanks for the story, and congrats on your podium finish, Mokoma!

Login or register to comment