• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 271 Views, 0 Comments

Hearts Ignite This Fiery Winter Night - Rewan Demontay



Sibling diplomats Sunset and Sunburst, travel to the Changeling Kingdom for the end-year holiday. They each bring their secretary, accidentally gifting romance to one other.

  • ...
 0
 271

Firecracker

The soaring towers of black and green rose far above the pitiful heights of the trees surrounding it. Sunset could hear the rushing water of the river moat—as loud as her heart. A smaller pattern of mud-colored stone speckled in the palace-fortress’s walls revealed itself under sparkling moonlight. Though not the largest royal location of Equestria’s allies, the Changeling House Of Leadership had its unique strengths. It was compact. The integration into the wilds provided further shelter and defense.

She had to admire that.

Nervous anticipation buzzed as she rounded the last turn of the stone road. Though composed of gravel as rugged as the landscape, it was well maintained. Split between two rivers, the location ahead sat on an island. Torches of blue-white light illumined along the stone bridge, literally overarching the water. As expected, a grand heap of other kingdoms’ diplomats stood lined up at the guarded entrance. Laughter from inside the castle faintly echoed.

Sharp winter winds bit her exposed mane.

Sunset stopped at the end of the line, sighing. She took a moment to realign her golden, white-edged cape. She hated the crimson-vested noble attire, silver shoulder haunches and all, but it’d have to do. At least she was able to receive permission for Rarity to embed a flowing, casual feel to the look of it. In contrast, the blue unicorn walking up to her came in a simple purple suit. The combed, military fashion mane added. Though, she still wore a violet cape for self-embellishment.

“We have the papers, right?” Sunset’s impatience could not stand waiting for even ten minutes.

She nodded. “Indeed, my liege, the Dedicated And Attentive Trixie has not lost them.”

Trixie promptly trotted them up to one of the armored changelings at the border between the foundation and pavement. Unfailingly, she tapped their chest armor. Their eyes went wide at the inscribed parchment produced from her front pocket. Many shouts and a hurried hustle of footsteps later, Sunset gallantly strode past the entire line. One of the perks of being Equestria’s ruler’s daughter and ambassador. A sudden friendly wave in the distance sparked a gallop instead.

It’d been too long since she’d last seen him. Separated by their parents at birth, and a life spent traveling, often made the heart bulge for what it did not have. To spend even one winter night together warmed her heart enough. Alas, burdens attached due to the nature of their travels here. Still, it would not lessen the opportunity. The sight of stone and water blurred into a rush as she sped.

Hooves clattered over the bridge’s length in record time. Sunset uttered a jubilant cry as she slammed into the equally rambunctious and charged up vermilion unicorn. She ignored Trixie rolling her eyes or the threatening of her elegant appearance. The tight, minute-long hug squeezed nearly all the air out of her. If a few small tears escaped, no one commented. After the event ended, he adjusted his glasses. A soft smile swelled.

“So, how do you do, dear sister?”

“If one does not count missing you, Sunburst, well.”

“Welcome to our latest home,” he jested.

“As homey as can be for those who journey much.”

Trixie muttered a quick, quiet greeting to Sunburst. As with most, it was formal and cordial. He faltered a bit, unusually. The slack appeared to go uncared for by Trixie. She went back to watching others pass by. Species watching, as the term she coined went. Sunburst’s stare lingered a few seconds later before he shook his head. Sunset could not fathom the reason for his behavior. Her wrinkled clothes ruffling back in place pinned that thought.

Fixing her outfit up with a glow of his horn, Sunburst gestured to the open entrance. Nodding, Sunset and Trixie followed along. Only now did Sunset notice the meek pink unicorn at his side. Her eyes flickered to Sunset’s briefly but averted during the rest of the quest to find the ballroom. Her brother stuck to her trademark starred robe and nothing more, courtesy of Princess Cadance’s more lax dress code. Meanwhile, the mysterious she adorned a most beautiful, sleek yet professional-looking green suit-dress.

Something inside of Sunset sparked. She wanted to talk. Yet, the circumstances did not allow it. The loudness of the roaring talking reverberated even a mere few rooms distance from the open gates. A swill of workers and citizens alike milled. They, other diplomats, and special guests were the only non-changelings. The annulment of one year and the start of the new truly was a gargantuan deal amongst them. Celestia’s grave insistence on attending became clearer.

Following Sunburst and the mystery companion through the hallways proved a daunting challenge on its own. She never would have found it without help. The castle felt more like a castle. Thank Faust for her brother’s exquisite memory. There was no sign of King Thorax–her princess had a few personal and classified documents carried by Trixie. She could manage that task later. Sunburst no doubt possessed his own set of criteria for the night. Seven minutes of tumbling the maze later, they arrived at the center of it all. Bright white-blue walls welcomed.

Sunburst indicated a corner emptier than the others. The party headed there accordingly. Opposite the embiggened entrance rested a closed pair of massive black doors. A balcony above and a dual staircase hugged the walls. Rich purple tiling went smoothed underneath. The sea of guests stuck to the floor. Despite the cultural sights, Sunset found her eyes wandering to the pink unicorn instead. Wondering her name. Sunset mused why her self was demandingly inquisitive tonight.

To distract herself, she focused on how her brother’s gaze flickered to unobservant, cold-walking Trixie. A slight redness tinged his cheeks. A tickling feeling arose. He already had a crush on her secretary. But she did not in return. Not at all. Sunset snapped herself out of the blank stupor with a mild shock spell. The four of them reached the corner. Settling on their haunches, the noise of the celebrations drowned out courtesy of an enveloping shell casting.

“So, Trixie and her three fellows are now here,” Trixie bluntly stated. “What is next?”

“Well, we, uh, talk.” Sunburst’s expression matched the confused tone.

“I do apologize for Trixie’s exactness.” Sunset lightly punched the blue unicorn. “She’s a bit stiff when on the job.”

He angled his head. “So she has a fun side, eh?”

Trixie cleared her throat with a harrumph. “Strictly speaking, our personal lives are of no relevance to our duties here tonight.”

“Ughhhh.” Sunset bopped her own nose. “You’re allowed to be yourself, at least.”

“Trixie does not wish to have this conversation for the millionth time.”

Now would be the perfect time. “You’re telling me don’t go Ursa-wild during your off-hours magic gigs?”

Trixie immediately stood straight, appearing nervous. “As I said, no relevance to tonight.”

“As intriguing as that’d be to delve into–and, uh, I think it is-” Sunburst quickly uttered, “Both of you are forgetting it’s not just us three.”

The pink unicorn scratched her purple-cyan mane. “H-hi there, all.” Absolute terror bloomed in her voice.

“As you have a co-worker with you, Sunset, so do I.”

She held her gaze straight. “My name is Starlight Glimmer.”

“Nice to meet you, Miss Glimmer.” Trixie held out her hoof, which Starlight hesitantly shook. “You do amazing work behind the scenes, secretary to secretary.”

“Uh, thanks.” A shakiness inhabited the gratitude. “I don’t get much praise. Really, I’m just glad to work alongside my only friend.”

“W-w-w-we can be your friends too!” Sunset burst in. “If you don’t mind, that is.”

“Always good to know others, indeed,” Sunburst agreed.

Trixie offered, too, in a monotone yet enthused manner. “I would be interested in knowing how the Crystal Empire’s finest do it.”

Starlight’s eyes lit up exponentially. “Thanks for the kindness. It makes me feel better.”

“Celestia didn’t produce a Princess of Friendship for nothing,” Sunburst noted. “Equestrians know how to make one feel welcome.”

A smug look popped over Trixie. “Here’s a secret: Technically, Sunset matches all the criteria for Starswirl’s prophecy.”

“Way to go, changing the subject on a nerdy whim.” Sunset couldn’t decide between chiding her and being embarrassed. “And I told you not to tell my brother!”


“Oh, grow up and get an ego, sis.” Sunburst punched her shoulder. “And, no doubt, I wouldn’t mind listening to Trixie talk about it all day.”

“It does sound most intriguing,” Starlight mused. “Sounds like the kind of theory I would’ve learned if Sunburst and I went away to magic school.”

“Eh, life changes,” Sunburst said. “One transcript error later, and you and your best friend wind up enrolled in a foreign country’s most prestigious school.”

Trixie lightly chuckled. “Quite a twisted, yet brilliant stroke of luck.”

“Just how our lives went,” Starlight agreed, tapping her hoof. “I wouldn’t take it back for the world.”

Sunset shook her head. “Not even my mother or my cousin knows how that one happened, and they're princesses. Nevertheless, you two are living the dream now.”


“Oh, please,” Trixie interrupted, “It’s still more possible than time travel with magic.”

“Definitely,” Starlight nodded. “Even Starswirl couldn’t figure that one out.”

Sunburst but in. “Well, given the right-”


The great sound of a series of trumpet calls put an end to their conversation. The doors to the balcony were unleashed. Guards lining the staircase erected their spears, ready and alert. Out stepped King Thorax. Whistles and cheers emanated from the crowd of his subjects. Varying diplomats nodded in respect as he gazed over all. Walking to the railing, doors creaking closed, an eerie silence fell over. Hushed anticipation tickled.

“Welcome all, to the eve of this year.”

The four of them huddled closer to not lose anyone else in the inevitable chaos to follow. Discreetly, Sunset moved herself a bit closer to Starlight. It felt right to do so. And if Sunburst did the same towards Trixie, she wasn’t going to say anything. A bright wave of vivid forest light exploded as the torches’ colors burned away from the normal orange-yellow. The central chandelier emblazoned a mighty mix of copper and bronze fire, its silver frame gleaming.

“It is time to burn the old,” he went on, “And regrow from the new.”


Silently, a flurry of changelings moved the tables of food and drink to the very edges of the room. New and fresh generations of refreshments were doled out in the wake of it. Sunset figured they might be even more delicious. The number of guards lessened to make way for more civilians, including the last of the diplomats if her head count was correct. She had no idea what was to happen. Celestia kept to her game of making everything a surprise.

“Now, we celebrate the process beginning anew.”

The circle in the room’s middle, formed by the parting crowds, lit in golden warm flames on the rim. A jaunty, walloping rhythm of violins and reeds flowed from the musicians scattered yet united. Soft white sparkles fell, casting out of the ceiling to wither to the floor below. A cold, yet blissful sting sparked as one hit Sunset. Unexpectedly pleasant. Warm breezes swirled inside. She could feel the forest’s magic of life itself embedded. The tenacious mixture of winter's pain and spring’s promise.

“A tradition long buried by the former queen-”

Boos and jeers rang at that.

“-but reinstated in our new kingdom proper.”


Sunset had pondered why in the Northern Everfree. She’d have to ask later. The energetic excitement in the air electrified her heart. Stomping of hooves. Flapping of wings. Huffs of snouts. Clicks of the tongue. Twitching ears. Moving eyes. Every minuscule detail of life hummed, the spell taking effect. Changeling magic, it turned out, was far more capable than changing themselves. Sunset sensed the gift thrumming.

“Realize your desires, and become one with yourself.”


Advice all much needed.

“If you need me, I shall be up here. Otherwise-”

Enormous yelling of glee by many.

“-let the dance ablaze anew!”

Clinks of glasses everywhere all at once almost shattered her hearing. Changelings, and a few outsiders in the know, flocked to participate their turn in the flickering fire. A silvery aura enveloped each who danced. Sunset could see the faint connections of their very being reconfigured. As if something was being cleansed. The pure happiness they exhibited gave credence to the idea. From that portal mirror to now, her mother adored puzzles too much.

“I believe this is the time for Trixie to take leave and do her job.”

The announcement brought her back. “Hm?” She blinked.

“King. Documents. Go.” Trixie enunciated each word.

“Alright, alright,” Sunset chuckled. “You’ll miss out on the fun, though.”

“That is your job here tonight. Not mine.” The blue unicorn sighed.


“Let yourself have some fun,” Starlight put in.

“Perhaps later. Now, I'm going.” Trixie pivoted a full one-eighty to the staircase and marched.

Sunburst took a step forward. “I, erm, best go, too.” He scratched his head, taking small, slow steps. “I’ve got my orders…”

Once at a comfortable distance, he scampered off after Trixie to meet King Thorax. It took a fair burst of speed to catch up to her fast pace. Sunset noticed him strike up a conversation. They soon blended into the crowd, lost to them. She swore she heard a feminine laugh before the music popped a crescendo to where she could not be sure. The melody itself soothed, sparking a swaying motion. Where this holiday night might lead, she knew not.

“So…. what do you want to do?”

Deeply entrenched in her thoughts, as she often found herself, she jumped at the question. Starlight snorted, but stopped, frozen at the startled glare. Sunset broke and laughed, pointing to herself to let her know it was okay. A heavy inhale and exhale cycle pumped for Starlight. Possibly of relief, if she had to guess. Sunset patted Starlight on the shoulder to let her new friend all was okay.

A profound flush warmed Sunset to the brim upon doing so. She couldn’t explain it to herself. It must be the magical fireworks surrounding them. That must be it. They sparkled nicely, fizzing quaintly on Starlight’s swell attire. Those light violet eyes shone brightly despite their owner's tentativeness and reserved behavior. Sunset recalled being isolated herself like that when she was younger, though mostly self-imposed. Starlight felt similar to herself in some way. Perhaps she might help her out.

“Grab a drink,” Sunset finally said. “I-if you’d like that is?”

“Good idea,” Starlight said. “But we could lose-”

“Grab onto my cape?” she spat out instinctively, holding it up.

“S-sure!” Starlight ducked to her side before Sunset registered her look.

Feeling the weight of another pony grasping the clothing item, Sunset scanned in the distance. Plenty of options presented themselves. Innumerable heads constantly shifted. The music bled serenely, pressuring her to guide Starlight out of the precarious corner for the unicorn’s safety and her own sanity. She didn’t know if Starlight would panic or not without her brother to accompany.

Particularly appealing appearing glasses of a crimson-marmalade hue caught Sunset’s eye. Tapping behind her, she cocked her head in the direction of choice. She felt Starlight shift in tune. The hazardous quest through the tides and woes of a celebrating crowd presented many obstacles. Weaving to and fro, Sunset relied on her newfound friend and anchor to assist in navigating. She’d always been socially inept, ironic to her job, so she appreciated it.

Thankfully, the nightmare did not last long. Furthermore, the area, relatively clear of others, presented a safe getaway from the chaos of the festivities. Sunset shot her hoof out to snag Starlight close during the last few steps to ensure they stayed connected for the last few steps. Awkward yet not long-lasting. Moments later, they shuffled into the relatively clear space. They trotted to the table side. Rest of hooves ensued.

The sweet aroma of the drinks tempted too greatly to resist, for long. Sunset cracked her neck, then hummed a tune of her own whilst activating her red aura to pour drinks. As she did so, Starlight’s loosened up. It might mean many things, but Sunset knew Starlight at least was comfortable to be by her. It’d take time to accustom to others on her own. The thought alone of helping brought pleasantness. The duo of drinks finished pouring. Sunset served up.

Starlight accepted her changeling concoction, heartily swigging; Sunset followed. The taste brought a fiery feeling that ravaged for ten seconds. Spicy, and enduring. She’d have to ask for the recipe to attempt a batch on her own. However, before she could garner Starlight for her thoughts, the unicorn sweated hellfire not even one second in. Thinking fast, Sunset transmuted the liquid to cold milk. Starlight gulped it all down. Sunset caught the glass, setting it back on the table.

Panic rushing her mind, Sunset morphed a second helping of the juice to ensure the mixture did not negatively impact Starlight. Panting, somewhat heavily, to get magic reserves speeding out faster, Sunset saw Starlight’s horn flicker a bit brighter. It must have worked. Sunset swore to herself to do a rereading on unicorn first aid later. If she was too rusty to resort to accomplish the milk trick, she needed less paperwork and more free time.

Sunset strode to Starlight’s side. “Are you okay?” she asked, concern ringing

“I’m-achoo!” A sneeze mightier than Tartarus. “--fine!”

A weight partially lifted off Sunset’s conscience. “Didn’t know what was what or what you’d like, so sorry about that.”

“Oh, no, that’s okay.” Starlight waved her hoof aimlessly. “It’s something new.”


“Something new?

“I, well, usually don’t go places, or do new things like this.”

“Without my brother.” Sunset completed the inference.

“Mmhm.”

A fuzzy tingling tugged. “Glad I could help you out to explore.”


Starlight giggled a bit. “Even if you don’t have any clue what you’re doing?”

“Heh, yep, or…” Scratching her neck, she admitted it.

“Or what?” Starlight quizzed.

“Doesn’t matter who I’m with, it’ll be an adventure.”

“That’s a sweet sentiment.”


Sunset lazily nodded. “Yep-”

“Huh, they’re done already. And talking now.”

Her gesture pointing, Sunset jerked her attention from Starlight’s outstretched hoof to the distance abroad. Indeed, at a table containing a blue punch, Trixie lounged beside Sunburst, the two engaged in a conversation. It’d be easy to throw a spell up to know what exactly. Against that stood her principles of privacy and safety. Best to do with that one could observe. And based on the manner of Trixie’s movement, she discussed out loud, merrily.

“Huh.” She felt surprised. “Guess my brother is a smooth talker.”

“That’s my friend, and your ally’s diplomat, if I may remind you.” Starlight lightly growled.

Sunset whipped to face her. “S-s-s-sorry! Didn’t mean to insinuate-”

Starlight bore a smirking grin in a flash. “Should have seen your face!”

“Oh uh, right, heh, heh.” Shivers shot to her spine.

“Though, seriously, to be careful not to cause an international incident.”

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” Sunset breathed slowly. “My mother is a princess.”

Starlight examined the yellow fur with a quick tour. “Well, I don’t see a speck of white on you.”

“Adopted.”

“Ah.”

“Tis’ a fair mistake,” Sunset acknowledged.

Starlight tapped her chin. “What was life like?”

“Rather isolating for all its grandeur and education, if you believe it.”

“Oh, I can.”

Starlight’s answer did not shock Sunset, yet the sincerity of it did. Many were unable to fathom how the quote-on-quote perfect life might not be. Fewer still agreed it could, saying it was unfortunate. Starlight, comparatively, understood. From what her brother indirectly told her, Starlight grew up rather alone. Everything except Starlight dimmed in the mindscape. A new beat reverberated.

“Were you, too, alone?” Sunset asked, voice bubbling.

“Yeah, yeah, I was.” She sighed aloofly at her feet.

“I am sorry for that. I hope my brother has been a good friend to you.”

Starlight gazed up. “He has. And you’ve been just as kind.”

“Aw shucks.” Sunset hoped heated cheeks meant nothing.

“I don't mean many in bureaucracy who are so pure-hearted.”

“True.” She took a moment to readjust her flailing cape.

“I don’t have the gall to work in front.” Starlight shifted her hooves. “So I have more leeway to observe the two-facing nature of many, even those of the best intentions.”

Sunset rested her tail on the other mares. “Hey, it’s okay to be shy.”

“Which is why-” Starlight gulped. “I’dlikeyoutodancewithmeplease!”

The sharp, determined focus in her eyes nearly frightened Sunset. Never in any moment leading to now had any hint of aggression been suggested. A supernova blitzed inside. The misty, light dust of the ballroom’s sparkles lit Starlight in a most radiant manner, far more brilliant than any gem. The self-denial became strangled by the rage of a sudden love wanting to break free, willing to do anything to escape.

“Yes.”

The words escaped from her mouth, no hesitation. Starlight hugged Sunset, practically squeeing. It cut short due to the stares others shot. Regardless, the welcome embrace nearly took the light from Sunset’s eyes. Starlight released at the brink. She ran her hoof through her hair, adjusting her suit-dress in a few places. Sunset couldn’t do anything but stand there and grin stupidly. Frozen for lack of a better idea of what to do.

Starlight booped Sunset’s nose, hot breath close. “You really are dense, and socially inept, aren’t you?”

“Yep.” That was all she said. And could say with such beauty close.

“Even your cold-hearted secretary is a less oblivious clodpate than you.”

“Hm?”

Once more, Starlight directed her hoof. This time, towards the central encirclement of flame the ballroom’s center held. Her jaw would’ve dropped off, if it could’ve managed to. Swirling in a frenzy of limbs, Trixie and her brother traded places constantly in an unending exchange of momentum and tango. They swam in the air, no care given, eyes only on the other. Her suit shone pristine in the chandelier’s light above.

Sunset nearly staggered in disbelief. Trixie started working for her two months ago, after her last meet-up with her brother. And he’d already been smitten and returned the favor. On the other hoof, that was a hypocritical thought, given she’d just agreed to a dance to his secretary she’d vaguely been aware of but met for the first time tonight. Her head hurt. Her heart beat beat to the beat of the drums. Her soul felt as light as the heavens. She looked back at Starlight.

The pink unicorn indicated the center. “Shall we, my love?”

“Heh.” Sunset bunched her shoulders. “I think that is a bit of a strong-”

Starlight kissed those words dead in their tracks. Peppermint taste cathartically calmed Sunset down. Shutting her eyelids, all came to a standstill. Everything loosened. Fresh, divine blessing. Noise died. The world became right. The anchor of lips revealed and lifted. Opening her vision, so too did her fears evaporate. Sunset knew not how she fell for another so fast and felt complete as such, but here she was.

“This time, I lead.”

“Of course, Starlight.”

Accepting her hoof, Sunset expected another treacherous wandering across the ballroom floor. Instead, Starlight smiled. Bright arcs of cyan electricity flared to life. One moment, they were on the edge of the ballroom. The next was a clean white void, nothing but them and the smell of burning magic. Finally, they flashed to reality in the circle’s center. The other dancers simply parried around them, having anticipated their arrival.

Sunset stood shocked, impressed. Starlight did not strike her as powerful enough to teleport, a feat she still struggled to do. The nerdy part of her brain snapped to hypothesize love might be a motivating enough factor and basis to grant the power required. However, besides the egotistic, even if valid, nature of it, now was not the moment to think. Nay. The time for emotion enveloped, its haze annexing all sensation.

Taking Starlight’s outstretched hoof, Sunset found herself forcefully whisked into a rhythm of beats and fire. The music intensified, jumping ever higher, crashing down, mixing between the highs and lows of them as their bodies swung in harmony to it. Sunset focused to keep her eyes on Starlight’s, and she did the same. She felt herself twist and turn, swirl and burn. Embrace the other. Feel the truth shatter out. The annealing allowed the processing.

They peaked into a curving arc as they raised to their hind legs. Almost walking on them for a brief few seconds. One arm wrapped dearly to the other, a limb each floated ever so briefly. Sunset swooshed her front leg to the walls of flame. So cold. So warm. So full of life. It coursed to her veins. The magics vibrated inside her. As they turned back to normal standing, she could see the silver aura washing Starlight, too.

Sunset stomped on the heavier parts of the melody. Sparks of fire shot up. Their silver sheen whistled, flying up, up, up to hiss on the marble ceiling. Such an abnormal result, she laughed in fervor. Starlight’s cracking, precious voice joined her to share. They boomed as they felt. Crackle after crackle of flame danced in tandem. Each swooned high and mighty in a soaring blaze to crash with a splash. It fueled them.

Fast as lightning, to the thundering roar of instruments. Sunset encircled round and round, Starlight at her side. Sunburst and Trixie, opposite them, shared a brief glance with them, each pair giving the other approval and admiration betwixt their stomps. The sparkly hailstorm fluttered to and fro. Its majestic winds snicker-snacked about the innards of the circle. This brought a variety of conditions in which Sunset worked to hail Starlight and herself through.

Gradually, the crescendos and decrescendos of the changeling music amped to an exhausting pace. Yet Sunset fretted not. Starlight shared all the care for anything she had. Turn of a limb here, divert the landing there. They knew not quite how, yet they stamped in endless reverb anywhere in the circle’s bounds. Holding tight, Sunset held faith they’d make it to the end. Higher, higher, faster, faster, ever, ever more and more so.

The last sharp ring of the violin screeched gorgeously through the air. Grabbing Starlight for dear life, the explosion of release caught them. The golden walls burst up. A wash of light and dark went over and under them. Everything then flared to a calm. A new, much more peaceful song emerged. Grasping each other still, on the circle’s edge, Sunset smiled. Starlight’s lips infectiously caught and curled upwards too.

Breaths heaving, they remained unmoving as they recovered. Sunset heard a cough beside. There was Sunburst, breathing heavily and haunched. Trixie, as professional as ever, supported his weary form on her side. Though it stained her suit, she proudly displayed her newfound love. Sunset soaked in the sight, only to collapse herself. Starlight helped deal with the brunt, acting as a literal pillar of support.

Sunset managed to scoot just outside the circle’s edge, both to let others enter, in addition to reuniting the party. They silently recuperated together, mutually supporting their circle of love and life. There would be much to discuss later on, and diplomatic business to actually attend to soon. But, for now, they could bask, enlightened by the fiery winter night in which their heart ignited. Sunset cupped Starlight’s cheeks, pierced her soul with her own, and kissed her a second time.

Author's Note:

Along with the basic story request prompt, we were also each sent a song to help inspire. The chapter title is the song name: Firecracker by Cami-Cat. Its music served as the majority basis for the story. The striking charm of it's lyrics combined to the majestic harmony are well worth a listen.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment