• Published 6th Oct 2012
  • 2,616 Views, 125 Comments

Dean's True Life - Moon_Skritch



Dean Yarlo, human, although he wishes he wasn't... (Sequel to "Dean's New Life")

  • ...
6
 125
 2,616

Chapter 8: Surprise Visit (end)

Chapter 8
Surprise Visit (end chapter)
_______________________________________________________________________________

I am startled awake by a door closing, I look over to my side and see Pinkie still laying there, I sigh in relief to see her, I look through the darkness in my room at my alarm clock, three o'clock. I think back to the sound, it could have just been my imagination.

I then hear another door close, louder this time. I suspect it is coming from outside, I get up out of the bed slowly, so not to wake Pinkie Pie. I walk into the living room quietly, to see if anyone, or pony, is awake. The room is dark and everyone is asleep. I take a quick patrol around the house to see if anyone is here, I take a step into my parent's room to look, and then the it happens...

I hear the front door open, and I hear my dad's voice, oh no, no, no! I thought they wouldn't come back for a while... I was wrong.

I rush down the hall toward the living room as fast as I can, but it's too late, the living room light turns on and I hear my dad say “What the hell?!”

I run into the room, my parents stand there in the doorway, mouth agape. “Dean, what in the world is going on, why are there...ponies... in my living room?” my dad says in a shocked but irritated voice also.

Everyone, and pony, wakes up. Alex looks up at my mother and father and his eyes go wide. “Oh uh, hi Mr. and Mrs. Yarlo.” Alex says getting up.

“Uh, I can explain.” I say.

My father crosses his arms, “Well, explain then. Cause right now I don't even know what to think.”

Twilight gets up from the chair she was sleeping in and walks up to my parents, “Hi there, I'm-”

“Holy shit! They can talk?!” My dad yells.

“Of course we can talk.” Twilight says. “How else would we communicate with each other?”

Pinkie walks up behind me,“What's going on?” she asks groggily. I look down at her and back at my parents.

“Dean... explain...” my mom finally says.

“Okay, um, maybe you should sit down, this might take a while.” I say.

They take a seat on the couch and I take a deep breath and start explaining.





It takes a while, but I told them everything, from beginning to end. “I know you have a lot of questions...”

My parents just stare at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears. “You don't believe anything I just said... do you?” I say.

They continue to stare as everything tries to collect in their brains. After a few minutes of awkward silence my mom finally says, “S-So this means... you have to leave?”

I nod, “You wanted me out of the house anyway, didn't you?” I say.

“Well I didn't mean to go live in a world full of ponies that talk and fly and do magic. But if that's what you want to do then...” she says, her eyes starting to well up with tears.

“Mom, please don't cry, I will be okay. Trust me.” I say reassuringly.

“I know that, it's just me and your father will never see you again if you go.” she says.

I look down at the ground and sigh, then I get an idea. Spike can send letters to Princess Celestia, I wonder if he could send them to this world? “I have an idea!” I exclaim a little too loud making everyone jump. I turn to Twilight, “Since Spike is able to send letters to Princess Celestia, can't he send them here?”

Twilight thinks for a moment, “I think I could use a spell that will make him able to do that, I would have to read up on it, but I'm sure its possible.” she says and nods.

I turn back to my parents and smile, “See, I will still be able to talk to you.”

“But, how will we be able to send letters back to you?” my father asks.

“I can put a spell on the letter that when you write back and wrap the ribbon from the previous letter on it, it will teleport back to us, Easy.” Twilight says.

Mom and Dad look to each other for a moment in silence, finally my mom nods and so does my dad. “Well, when are you going?” My mom asks me.

“Today...” I look at the clock, it shows five o'clock, wow time sure does fly when you have to explain a lot of stuff. “...in about an hour.” I say.

“Wow, I guess this is it then, our little boy is all grown up and off to have a new life.” my mom says, she gets up and gives me a hug, “I'll miss you Dean. Now don't forget to write to us.” she says.

My dad stands up next to her and holds out his hand for me to shake, I grab it and he pulls me into a hug, “Now don't cause any trouble in that world now, ya hear?.” he says. I chuckle and nod.

My dad then walks up to Twilight and kneels down and extends his hand “It was nice meeting you, though it startled me at first to see a talking unicorn, you don't see that very often here on earth, since unicorns don't exist here.” he says. Twilight puts her hoof in his hand and shakes it.

“You can come with us when we go to the forest to see us leave.” I say to my parents. They smile when I say that and nod.

“Is Alex and Max going with you?” Mom asks.

I nod, “Yep, They are already out of their house so it's okay.” I say looking to Alex and Max and they nod.

“Don't you all want some breakfast before you go?” Mom asks.

“Um... Do we have time?” I ask looking at Twilight

“We should go before the sun comes up, so no other humans spot us, but I guess a small breakfast would be okay.”

Mom smiles a bit and goes to the kitchen, “How does toast sound?” She calls from the kitchen.

“Sure Mom.” I say as we all walk in to the dining room, which is also part of the kitchen.

After a while of cooking toast, Mom comes in with a large plate holding a lot of toast on it, she also brings out a jar of apple jelly.

We all eat our fill in toast and milk and clean up, I am amazed we had that much bread. “Alright we should probably head out now.” Twilight says and we walk out the back door to the woods. It's still dark enough so no one can see us but bright enough to see whats in front of us.

We finally enter into the woods, we don't go as far as we did when we went camping, we would need the cars for that, we go in a bit so no one will suspect anything.

We find a clearing in the middle of the woods, “Well this is it Mom and Dad, I thank you for raising me, you were awesome, really, but this is where I say farewell.” I give them both another hug and walk back into the group. I see Mom tearing up again, Dad smiles a bit and has a tear come out of his eye.

“Okay you ready?” Twilight asks everyone. We all nod. “Alright, here we go.” She says and her horn lights up.

A white glow appears around us, and I notice as everything around me starts to get taller. I look down at the ground to see that I have hooves once again, I can't help but smile. I look back at Mom and Dad, they look a bit shocked to see us three teenagers as ponies. I wave my hoof at them and they wave back. Everything fades into darkness...




I hear the sound of chirping birds around me, I open my eyes to see the trees of the forest, I get up and look down at myself, I see the hooves are still there. I feel a nudge on my side; I look to see who it is and it's Pinkie, she smiles and gives me a long kiss on the lips.

I pull Pinkie into a hug, “It's good to be home at last...” I whisper.

(End of chapter 8 and Book 2)

Comments ( 15 )

Oh look a quick update. I KEPT MY PROMISE ON A QUICK UPDATE! :pinkiesmile:

Its a short chapter i know... but I wanted to finish this story so i can work on the last book, idk how long it will be.

Yes i also know it was a short story too, but like i said i want to make book 3, which is also the last book.

So here it is everypony CHAPTER 8 ENJOY!!! dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Sweetie_happy.png

--Gareth

1678162 l-last book? :fluttercry: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1678212 Don't worry (pats you on shoulder) I might write other fics later, but after the third book, thats it on Dean's life. I think the 3rd book might be pretty long, not sure though. It's still in the brain storming stage.

1678244 :pinkiehappy: MAKE IT AS LONG AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE

:pinkiecrazy:or else

1678162 way to go bro. Done and done and off your shoulder. Please tell me u have another book in store for us.:fluttershysad:

1678244 well good luck in the final book:twilightsmile: make us proud

1678270 1678269 Don't worry everypony Book 3 will be coming soon. I just got to take a break, and think about what to do next. give me a few days to rest (and read my read later list of about 6 stories)

1678319 only 6? amateur.

1678320 I was writing my fic, so i don't have that much, i just got those from the featured box that i wanted to read so...:rainbowwild:

Such a good story man. What's Max gonna look like?

hnmm.. why not publish the books if it is being so good ???

Knew the parents were gonna come home.

1680168

>a squeal would be longer?
>allofmywhat.jpg

Login or register to comment