• Published 10th Sep 2023
  • 628 Views, 8 Comments

After All, We're The Same? - DudyMooner



Life isn't always fair for everyone, that's what the former queen of the changelings thinks after suffering a historic defeat. Will there be any revenge?

  • ...
1
 8
 628

Chapter 4 - Enchantment

Chapter 4 - Enchantment

The day was finishing again in the lovely town of Ponyville, the sun was radiant today, and it was getting dark a little later than before, the ponies were galloping happily and enjoying the last rays of sunshine. Who couldn't be out at that time, right?

Yeah, there were people who weren't, one of them was Starlight Glimmer, who was spending the entire day, beautiful as it is, inside the Castle of Friendship, it's been two days since the terrible nightmare with the tyrant Chrysalis, she hasn't forgotten everything that happened, she still remembers the form she was in, would that be the form she would be transformed into if she accepted her hoof? Many questions come to Starlight's mind, and these questions leave her feeling exhausted, thoughtful and a little out of her mind. Even worse, her friends didn't know about her nightmare, and Starlight wanted to keep it as secret as possible, but the problem was: keeping it a secret could cause problems.

Now, Starlight was lying on her bed, looking up as the sun's light sparkled on her mane, the room had its shadows spread across the floor, all the things were in their correct place, Starlight was just thinking about what she could do to help Chrysalis become a better changeling, her thoughts were empty, without any ideas. How could she help Chrysalis if she had no ideas? What if she had more nightmares about it? These thoughts were what annoyed Starlight the most at that moment, but they also made her upset, so she decided to get up and look at some photos with Twilight. Her friendship with her was one of the best things that had happened, not least because she would have destroyed all of Equestria if it hadn't been for that. Oh, never mind.

Starlight sighed again and then went to lie down on the bed again, now with her face in the pillow, but a sound could be heard near her room, and then began to open the door, it was only Spike, the dragon, when he looked at Starlight, he started to speak.

"Starlight?" Spike continued "I thought you were out there!"

"Oh, hey Spike!" Starlight said and Spike saw her face, there were dark circles under her eyes which confused him.

"What are you doing that makes your face look so... sleepy?"

So, Starlight begins to look in the mirror, and indeed, there were dark circles under both eyes, making her a little uncomfortable, she turns to the little dragon and says:

"Oh, no need to worry, it's no big deal!"

"Are you sure?" Spike asked, frowning a little.

"Of course, Spike." Starlight said, kind of fast.

"You know if anything's bothering you, you can talk to me, okay?" Spike said in a motherly way, staying with Twilight might have led to this.

"Yes, I know that, Spike." Starlight said.

"I'll keep cleaning the castle, see you at dinner Starlight!" Spike finished talking and started to leave the unicorn's room.

"See you..." Starlight also finished talking.

She lay back on the bed the way she was, thinking some more, and decided on one thing, she would leave when it was still dark, it was now 5pm, she had some more time left, she started to look at the window, still lying down, and just thought.

"I'm gonna have to stop thinking so much..."


It wasn't long ago that I arrived in this forest, I'm living better than that other dark and sinister forest, it can be scary here, but nothing is scarier than me, Chrysalis, the true queen, at times I had to react to some monsters, a manticore almost bit me, but luckily I was agile and struck the creature in the face. I should have done that when I was near Starlight. Oops, I'm remembering the past again.

I made this little promise to not remember the past, when I was defeated, but I can't forget it, and I can't, it's too annoying for me, how can I make it go away? Easy, make my revenge!

I entered the library of that abandoned castle and found some spells that could really help me take my precious revenge, I've known how to make spells since I started being a queen, when you're royalty you need to know how to defend yourself, don't you? Well, I looked at an interesting book in which there were stories about the ponies of Equestria, I started reading and looked, all the species had some kind of weakness, this could be very useful, for example, if unicorns didn't have magic, pegasi and earth ponies could suffer because of it, there's a lot in this book but I won't talk about it too much. The whole book can be read in about a month. I won't waste my time.

About the spells, I was finding many that could help, there were nature spells, kitchen spells, control spells, all by magic, I read that there was a way to make two spells turn into one, I've never tested this combination of spells, it's going to be my first time. I hope there are no mistakes, otherwise I'll be so mad!

I found two spells that I would later test by combining the two. The first was a spell whose name was in the Old Ponish language, so I couldn't pronounce it properly, but I saw that it made the ponies have a kind of poison that I could control myself, and the second one had a name I could pronounce, it was called "Relevati", which gave me the power to control all the magic of the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies with a control I had in the book itself, and that's what I had to memorize. With the two of them, this could become easier, now it was time to do it.

I've just done the two spells, it's shown me two new objects, and with these, I'll only be able to make one, I don't know what it will make, but I just want my revenge at once. I was currently inside the castle itself, in the library, and there was an old table that I was using to hold the two objects, thankfully no one was there to see this, I shook my head and continued to concentrate. I looked carefully at the two spells, I prepared myself, I concentrated, and then I used my magic on the spells, to do it I had to have a lot of strength and I was trying too hard, the magic was working, the spells were coming together, there was just a little bit left and that was it. The spells joined together to form a single object: a gold necklace with a circle of green and pink. It was perfect.

Then, with my success, I began to laugh victoriously, a victory is very great for anyone, I could finally take revenge on that nosy Starlight Glimmer and her friends, even the princesses will pay, they will all regret having done this to me, or my name wouldn't be Chrysalis. Ah, rather, Queen Chrysalis!

After that, I left the castle, and when I went to look, the day had already disappeared and in its place came Luna's night, it passed a little quickly for me today, it must be because of my experiments with the spells, that's a lot of work, I saw the sky once again and decided to go into my cave, observe this necklace a little more, and think. I went through the same path as always, an almost collapsed bridge, the main part, more half-cut trees, the bog and finally, a small view of Ponyville, and behind it was my cave, it was right next to the town, I could watch the ponies galloping freely and happily, without any problems or complications, without some villain to get into the way, what they didn't know was that I was still in the game.

I'll admit, the view of Ponyville is kind of nice to look at, if I'm not angry, of course, I could see all the light from the crystallized castle where Twilight Sparkle lives, that geek, she had prevented me from being able to complete my first plan in that marriage between Cadance and Shining Armor, how pathetic, I hate to think about it, but I had to keep calm, I closed my eyes and began to see the sky again, there was a constellation that could be seen, I couldn't remember the name, I just knew it was very beautiful, well, never mind. I found some logs around me and started gathering them together to make a fire, since I wanted to get a closer look at that necklace. I gathered them together and then went to my cave and lit them with my magic, it was good, I let the bonfire burn while I saw the night again.

What was catching my eye was the castle again, maybe it was the crystals that were catching my eye, how did they shine so brightly in Ponyville? I didn't have that in my reign, probably so as not to attract attention of a certain kind. Suddenly, an impulse came over me. I was going to sing.


Infernal (Hellfire) - Letra/Lyrics

[Chrysalis]
My dear changelings
You known I was a righteous queen
Of my virtue I am justly proud

My dear changelings
You know I was much powerful than
The common, vulgar, weak, licentious kind

Then tell me, my changelings
Why did you join Thorax
Why Starlight's words still scorch my soul!

I feel her, I see her
The love making them more relax
And now I am getting out of control!

Chrysalis stares into the fire and soon sees the figure of four acquaintances: Thorax at the top, Discord on the side, Trixie on the other side and Starlight Glimmer in the center, extending her hoof, and then moves back.

Like fire!
Hellfire!
This fire in my skin
This burning desire
Is turning me to sin!

The changeling lowers herself and soon appears in a completely purple place, with a crystal shining on her, and soon several changelings appear on either side of her in a green hue, Chrysalis continues to sing

It's not my fault (mea culpa)
I'm not to blame (mea culpa)
It was Starlight and her friends, the ones who sent this flame! (mea maxima culpa)
It's not my fault (mea culpa)
It was her plan (mea culpa)
To make pony kind so much stronger than a lame! (mea maxima culpa)

Chrysalis leaves the purple place and returns to her cave, with a more pained and distressed face, looking at the fire again.

I will get my revenge!
I won't let that unicorn cast her spell
I won't let her fire sear my flesh and bone
Destroy Starlight Glimmer!
And let her taste the fires of Tartarus
Or else let Equestria be mine and mine alone!

Chrysalis saw some figures of Equestria made by fire, whitish, but as soon as she turned around, a voice caught her attention.

"Chrysalis!"

She turned around and saw that it was none other than her son, Thorax, with a worried look on his face. Chrysalis just stood there and looked at him too:

"Chrysalis, why didn't you join us?"

"What?" Chrysalis was confused.

"Don't go with your plan..." Thorax says still worried and continues "You'll die!"

"This can't be..." Chrysalis looks down and then quickly gets up and says to Thorax "Nevermind."

"Get out, you traitor!" Thorax gets scared but slightly comes out of the cave where Chrysalis was, and she continues "I'll get revenge, I'll get revenge even if I have to burn down all of Equestria!!!"

Chrysalis looks down again and takes a deep breath to continue her song, looking into the fire once more.

Hellfire
Dark fire
Now Equestria, it's your turn!
Choose me or your pyre
Be mine or you will burn!

The fire faded when Chrysalis said the last word of the stanza, she stood up and saw a familiar figure and was very surprised, until she sat down and looked up and continued.

Please, have mercy on them
Please, have mercy on me
But Equestria will be mine
Or they
Will
Burn!~

And so Chrysalis ends her song by sliding her face to the ground, very tired and then fainting.


Meanwhile, Starlight Glimmer was galloping around the city that evening, it had got completely dark and she had to get home, she had gone for a coffee at the Sugarcube Corner and was only coming back now because of the delay she had had due to a small accident with Trixie, there weren't many ponies walking around now, it could be because of the cold that would come now.

However, a noise could be heard in a bush near the castle, Starlight was confused but decided to go and see who was around, and when she saw who was there, it was Thorax, but... Was he crying? Starlight asked:

"Thorax!?" the unicorn continues "What are you doing here? And why are you crying?"

The changeling leader starts to look up and sees the unicorn mare, he is terrified at that moment and decides to say something.

"Starlight! I have to tell you some news! But I need everyone to tell it..."

"Oh, okay," Starlight and Thorax left for the castle after that.

After some time, Twilight, Starlight, Spike and Thorax were in the map room, sitting down, Twilight was calm, Spike was just looking at Thorax, Starlight was confused and Thorax was terrified and distressed. The princess began to speak:

"Okay, Thorax, can you tell us now what happened?"

"Yes, I will... I wanted to pay you all a visit but..."

"But..." Spike said and Thorax continues.

"I ended up in the Everfree Forest," Thorax said, trying to be calm.

The others were surprised, and Twilight tried to guess what it was.

"Has something hit you? Did a manticore attack you? Did a creature almost kill you? Did-" Twilight got cut by Spike.

"It's better to let him tell us, okay?" Twilight just nodded and let Spike speak.

"Go ahead, Thorax."

"Right, well, when I entered the forest, I ended up seeing a strong glow coming out of a cave. And I smelled something familiar."

"And what was it?" Starlight asked.

"It seemed to be some kind of enchantment that was common in my kingdom, but I didn't know what it could be. So I looked inside and..."

"And?" Twilight asked.

Thorax sighed a little more and said it again, but it was news that no one had expected.

"Chrysalis... She's back..."

Author's Note:

Hey guys, Dudy's back

Sorry for the delay with chapter 4, I kind of took a break from the story because of my school exams, it's different here since I'm from another country, the year is ending and so is school. Chapter 5 should be out in December instead of November too.

I don't know when there will be others, but I'm going to carry on and I want to finish this story.

The song is inspired by "Hellfire", but I got it from this comic here: https://www.canterlotcomics.com/comic/en/chrysalis_s_hellfire-1032 (with some differences in the lyrics)

I hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you in the next chapter, see you!

Comments ( 2 )

she stood up and saw a familiar figure and was very surprised

That's a very vague way to describe what we were shown in the comic, don't you think? Or is this one of the freedoms you took to adapt the comic and made it fit your story?

Login or register to comment