• Published 6th Aug 2023
  • 303 Views, 9 Comments

Rest In Peace, My Beautiful Angel - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



Angel Bunny has died.

  • ...
1
 9
 303

Rest In Peace, My Beautiful Angel

Rest In Peace, My Beautiful Angel

Written by KingSombraTheTyrantRuler

Angel Bunny was dead.

The effect this had on Fluttershy was tremendous, as even though she felt grief whenever any of her animal friends passed away, the bunny had not been just a friend. He was much closer to her than that.

Even though he was difficult at times, he had always been there for the Element of Kindness, supporting her, taking care of her when she fell unwell…

She didn't understand how it happened. Just a few days ago, he had been completely fine, involved in yet another fight with Harry the Bear.

He might have not seemed his usual self due to taking more frequent naps, but the yellow pegasus had chalked it up to the weather.

Lately, it had been raining non stop, and if there was anything Angel hated more than cabbage for breakfast, it was rain, as that meant he'd have to spend more time inside.

...Fluttershy would never let him go out while it was raining...even if he hated staying inside.

He must have caught a cold…

...Why hadn't she looked more closely at him? How could she of all ponies have been unable to notice?

Now he lay dead, resting inches beneath the earth. She had been the one to bury him, and yet, she was unable to accept that he really was gone.

When bidding the other animals goodnight, she almost said goodnight Angel, when stopping in front of his basket, only for her to remember that he was no longer there.

It had been twenty-four hours since she had discovered his death, but it still felt unreal.


Fluttershy awoke, smiling as the suns' rays greeted her good morning.

For the first time in two weeks, the sun shone, which meant that she could finally leave her cottage and go on a picnic with Angel, which she had promised she would do as soon as the rain stopped.

"Angel would be delighted," she whispered happily. "Though, I wonder why he hasn't pulled me out of bed, like he normally would do."

She flew downstairs, ready to greet him good morning, but as she approached his basket… She felt as though something was wrong.

He seemed to be sleeping peacefully, but no, he seemed too peaceful. Too still.

Taking the blankets off her furry friend, Fluttershy stroked his ear lovingly, as a way of getting him to wake up, but his usually soft ears felt stiff.

Her smile dropped, and she laid a hoof on his chest.

His body was cold, and hard. His heart did not seem to beat.

Breathing heavily as a thought occurred to her, Fluttershy held his body in her hooves.

That strange peacefulness… The cold and stiff body… The heart which ceased to beat…

It all settled upon her now, and she gasped, dropping to her knees as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Angel! No, please, wake up! Wake up, Angel!" The pegasus' mournful and desperate, pleading cries echoed throughout the cottage. "Please… say something… please… wake up… wake up.. ."

But he was never to awaken again, never to complain nor throw a tantrum. Never would he open his eyes, for death had claimed his soul.


She missed him so much… she regretted every second that was not spent with him.

She wished that she could have told Angel how much she appreciated him… If only she could have a few more moments with him…

With every day that passed, the sorrow clawed deeper into her heart, and she rarely left her cottage.

During the weekends that she did, to restock on groceries, she could only feel envy for the ponies around her, who were all smiling as they went about their day.

With every laugh that escaped their throats, she felt as though they were mocking her for her failure at being unable to recognize that Angel was unwell…

Life felt meaningless without Angel, who had been her sole companion before she made friends, and the only one she ever confided in was him. He was the only one who stayed by her side as all her friends other than Applejack and Pinkie Pie left Ponyville to move on with their lives.

Yet those two had always been too busy to meet her. Whenever she summoned up the courage to invite them over for a small get together, they would give excuses such as I'm too busy and Maybe later or even I'm too tired.

It seemed as though they were purposely avoiding her. Well...who would even want to spend time with me? All I ever do is talk abi my animal friends… they must have gotten bored…

She glanced across the room, but all she could see were pictures of Angel, all of which were associated with memories of pleasant times.

She missed him more than ever now, and she re-lived every one of those moments.

She desperately wanted to hold him, to feel his comforting warmth and soft fur in her hooves.

He always supported her. He always told her it was alright to be herself; that she didn't have to care about living up to the expectations of other ponies.

Her gaze caught upon the only framed picture, which was of her and Angel, with the latter winking while the former smiled shyly.

This picture was a recent one, having been taken last week, before the seemingly endless rain had started.

Wiping her eyes in an effort to stop the tears, Fluttershy made her way into the garden, ignoring the rain.

Picking a handful of flowers- white roses to be specific- she laid them upon his grave.

"Rest In Peace, my beautiful Angel," she whispered, holding a hoof to her heart as a sudden jolt of pain struck it, bringing with it, another round of tears.

She really missed him.

She would give the world to see him again.

But it was impossible.

And all she had left now were memories.

Author's Note:

This is made due to Pearl's death. Only once I started writing this story, did I feel that her soul was at rest.

Comments would be appreciated...

Comments ( 9 )

It ducks when someone close to you dies.

11659771
It does duck

11659771
Oh, come on. Angel isn't that big of a loss to society

11659868
Would you say that about some of the villains?

Had several bunnies,
Cottentails from the air port orphans and cripples a Rex and a Giant Lop 13 in all over 20 years
And was given a few old ones - They don't live long and when they died they went peacefully.
They are missed - especially the 3 leg GuGu and Papa the lop.
To this day we can call out wild cottontails and they would join us in our walks... five so far.

Im sorry for your loss. But here’s a quote that might cheer you up. “When life sucks, always dance. And life always sucks.” Voldemort(Joe Walker), A very Potter Senior Year.

So when you are down, in grief etc, remember, always dance!

Dang. This story was sad! Poor Fluttershy. Losing such a beloved pet is hard. Sorry for your loss. It’s sweet you made a story in memory of your deceased pet

I've felt everything Fluttershy has felt in this story, and I felt it more than once, unfortunately.

If I were her, I'd try to think on the brighter side. Yes, they're gone, and we'd give the world and much more, just to have them back, but they're in a much better place now. They are at peace, and regardless if they aren't here physically, they'll always be with you, no matter what. As long as you cherish the memories you have of them, and keep them in your heart, it's like they weren't truly gone.

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss, Sombra, and this story, despite being a thousand words, was beautiful.

According to Wikipedia rabbits typically live 8-12 years in captivity. The record is a bit under 20 -and Angel Bunny appeared full grown in "Ticket Master" (S1 E3).

In one of Estee's stories Fluttershy says. "There's a cost to having an animal friend. You pay it on the back end."

:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment