• Published 2nd Jul 2023
  • 313 Views, 8 Comments

Through Time, With Love - daOtterGuy



Soarin and Braeburn find each other over several lifetimes.

  • ...
10
 8
 313

Always

Braeburn Apple paced the corridor of the Cloudsdale Wonderbolt Arena. It had taken a lot to get him there. All for an inkling off of a poster that had quickly turned to a gut instinct when he’d caught his eye during the show. It might not be him. He couldn’t be sure, not until they met. Even if it was him, that didn’t mean Skies would want to be with him again. He could have moved on, decided not to find him again.

It would hurt if that was the case, but another lifetime without him, another lifetime alone, was too much. Even if he refused, at least—

His thoughts were interrupted by rough kiss on the mouth and wings wrapping tightly around him.

Tears pricked the corner of Braeburn’s eyes as he held Soarin close. “Still forever?” He croaked out.

“Always.” Soarin pressed his snout against his lover’s. “I told you, Apple, forever, always.”

He kissed him again. He kissed him back. Two lovers, finally entwined again.

Comments ( 6 )

That was absolutely beautiful.

Oh man, you're making me cry at work.:raritycry:

This was absolutely beautiful. I love the little snapshots and how it felt like one continuous relationship that evolved over time. Great work with the format. I think I would have split each lifetime into its own chapter, even if they were short, but that's a very minor thing. This had a lot of heart for a 1k story, and I hope you're very proud of it.

“Always.” Soarin pressed his snout against his lover’s. “I told you, Apple, forever, always.”

He kissed him again. He kissed him back. Two lovers, finally entwined again.

and augh, i love this! there is something so beautiful about making this fandom-originated ship between two background ponies with little in common just another iteration of a love that spans lives and lifetimes. just the weight added to this romance, simply wonderful! 

Multiscene entrants in the Thousand Words contest take a sizable risk. When you have dedicate so little to each part of the story, it’s very easy to spread yourself too thin. But this made all the disparate parts work in harmony, producing a coherent narrative arc and even a (very brief) emotional crisis. Exemplary work throughout. Thank you for it and congrats on the bronze.

Dammit it made me cry again!!! :heart: :raritycry: :raritycry: :heart:

Hello! A slightly belated courtesy note for my review of this. An impressive amount of emotion in such a brief space, to the extent that I was slightly frustrated it couldn't be longer. It's still well worth a like from me, though.

Login or register to comment