• Published 13th Jun 2023
  • 256 Views, 6 Comments

Maud Base Alpha - ArcadePonyFubuki



Maud Pie’s dreams of meeting the biggest rock of all: The Moon.

  • ...
0
 6
 256

Epilogue: A Derpy Odyssey

Princess Luna sat unbothered in her study, combing through another centuries old book. A dreadfully boring one at that, some rubbish about the invention of the quill. Not much to do when you only work at night.

But as the princess of the night slowly flipped through page by page, there was a subtle gleam of blue out the corner of her eye. She lowered the book slightly and stared at where the light had just been, only to find nothing out of place.

“hmph..” Luna huffed.

Settling back into her reading chair, Luna raised the book back up to her face. But before she get back to where she left off, the same gleam appeared. Only it didn’t immediately dissipate this time, it continued to shine in its spot, slowly fizzling more and more.

“What in the..” Luna said to herself as she got closer for inspection.

Suddenly, the light flashed brightly and completely enveloped Luna’s vision. All she could make out was a blunt thud noise.

“Oof!”

As Luna’s vision came back to her, she found a grey coated pegasus laying before her.

“Ms. Hooves?! How ever did you get here?” Luna asked in pure shock.

“Ummmmmmm… I dunno.” Derpy shrugged. “Last I remember I was making moon dinner and then I popped in here.”

Luna was still too shocked to properly respond. She began to pace around her room, theorizing on the situation. Just then, another flash of light appeared right above Derpy.

“Ouchies!” Derpy yelped as the light dropped a potted plant.

Luna honed in on the plant, instantly recognizing it.

“Oh no. Oh nonononono.”

“What wrong Luna?” Derpy wondered.

“Of course.. the spell had a timer..” Luna muttered to herself.

“Spell what? Timer? Ok, t-i-m-u.. wait no.. a? Is it an A or U?” Derpy asked sincerely.

Luna couldn’t process the question as she was scrambling to minimize any incoming damages. Quickly flipping through book after book looking for any reverse spell. Soon enough, another flash, spawning a chair. Unable to react in time, Luna tripped over it, breaking her concentration.

“Oof! Ugh, Ms. Hooves, I advise you evacuate immediately.” Luna warned as she got to her feet.

“Aww man, but I wanna see what shows up next.” Derpy flashed her best puppy dog eyes.

“Please, it’s for your own good!” Luna ordered.

“Alrighty..” Derpy moped as she went for the door. Before she could reach the handle, another light emerged, placing a dresser where the door stood.

“Hm, I don’t think that’s good.” Derpy surmised.

“Blast this spell and its addictive qualities!” Luna cursed.

Before long there was flash after flash, slowly invading the whole room.

“I don’t know about you, but I’m getting kinda cramped in here.” Derpy pointed out.

“I should’ve stayed in the moon.” Luna sighed.

_______________________________________________

“Sister, the diplomats from Klugetown have arrived and they request both of us are present.” Princess Celestia called out as she climbed the stairs leading to Luna’s room.

No response.

“Sister? Are you in there?” Celestia called again.

Still no response.

“If you’re asleep in there I get the last pancake in the fridge!” Celestia yelled as a last ditch effort.

Once again, no response. Now she knew something was wrong. Celestia grabbed hold of the door and pulled it open, finding what seemed to be the back of a dresser blocking her.

“Well this seems like a bit much.” Celestia whispered under her breath.

She attempted to move the barrier with her magic but found it was stuck in place.

‘That’s.. unusual’ Celestia thought.

Finally, Celestia grew tired of the obstacle and wrapped it in her magic, teleporting it behind her and out of her way.

With the dresser out of her way, Celestia could finally see what was being blocked. A wall of seemingly random items.

“Uhh-“

The wall quickly spilled out of the room, taking Celestia with it. As the flood smoothed along the floor, Celestia poked her head out of the rubble.

“I told her she had a hoarding problem..”

“I heard that!” Luna then popped from the rubble, glaring at her sister.

“Well am I wrong?” Celestia gestured to the mess.

“It’s complicated.” Luna groaned.

“Hiya princess!” The door to the previously obtrusive dresser flung open.

“Hello Derpy.” Celestia waved.

A book fell on Luna’s head, who levitated it right side up to inspect the cover.

‘The Comprehensive History of The Quill and its Many Uses.’

“Wake me when the moon’s out.”

Author's Note:

The end! Well actually this story ended last chapter but yknow whatevs

Thank you for reading and have a dandy day :)

Comments ( 2 )

Okay. This epilogue was pretty funny :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment