• ...
 17
 403

Fun in the Snow

“And now here’s Blast Storm with the weather.”

“Thank you Gabby, well we got a good chance of at least 5 feet of snow sweeping through Ponyville this week. Great for Snowball fights and anything else that can be done in the snow. Make sure your kids bundle up real good for the occasion. Other than that it’s clear sky’s with full visibility. Over to you Gabby—“

Sparkler smiled as she turned off the Radio signal. “Five feet of Snow. Just as I’d expect in January.” She commented.

Twilight nodded as she sipped her hot cocoa. She and Sparkler were cuddling on the couch and reading a book while listening to the radio newscast. “That should be perfect for some fun in the snow for the kids.” She said.

“Yeah. You could do a lot with 5 feet.” Sparkler responded. “Snow ponies, snow angels…snow forts…” She trailed off as an idea came to her.

Twilight glanced at Sparkler, who had that look in her eyes that told her she was getting an idea. “What’s on your mind Sparky?” She asked.

“…Twilight do you have anything planned for tomorrow?” Sparkler asked.

“Nope. Why?” Twilight responded.

“First Medley Family Snowball Fight.” Sparkler said. “Adults Vs kids.”

“Seems a bit unfair dontcha think?” Twilight asked.

“Not if there are more kids than adults.” Sparkler reasoned. “The sextuplets, Flappy’s triplets, and Spike. That’s 10 kids, Vs a maximum of 5 adults, you me Flappy Starlight and Flash.” She explained.

“So we’d be outnumbered 2 to 1 if Starlight and Flash join.” Twilight deduced.

“And they have 6 Alicorns while adults only have two.” Sparkler said.

“Right.” Twilight responded. “Sure. Let’s do it.” She said.

Sparkler smiled. “Great. We can tell the kids tomorrow at breakfast.” She said.


“Crow! Ooh this is exciting this is exciting! Our first Snowball fight! Exciting! Crow!” Flapperina said as she used her claws to pack in a chunk of snow into the snow fort that she, her siblings, the sextuplets, and Spike were making.

“It’s gonna be awesome. Us Vs mom and mommy Twi. Ooh we’re so gonna win.” Crystal Spark responded.

“Are you sure?” Melody asked. “They also have Flappy, Starlight, and Flash on their team. And Flash is captain of the Royal guard.”

“The guard that has routinely failed when it counted?” Sky asked. “We got this in the bag.”

“I heard that!” All the kids heard Flash call out.

Spike laughed as he called back. “Sorry Flash! Just talking trash talk!”

Over the fort being built on the other side of the field, Flash Sentry rolled his eyes. “I appreciate that the Elements of Harmony are around to keep the world safe…but the Royal Guard’s reputation suffered because of it.” He commented.

Starlight laughed. “Well maybe you can prove their valor today by winning this Snowball fight.” She said.

“Hopefully.” Flash responded.

Sparkler chuckled as she and Twilight made snowballs. “Don’t go too hard on them Flash.” She said. “They ARE just kids.”

“Sure thing.” Flash responded.

At that moment, Flappy came in for a landing and landed on Sparkler’s back. “Squawk! They got a bigger fort then us. And they’re making snowballs at a faster rate. Squawk!”

“So we can expect an avalanche of Snowballs.” Twilight responded.

“I could use a shield to protect the fort.” Starlight offered.

“That would be unfair.” Sparkler responded. “We’d be invincible otherwise.”

“Fine.” Starlight responded.

“Hiya guys!” Pinkie Pie sprang out of the snowpile and landed in the middle of the fort. “Whatcha guys up to?” She asked.

After everypony got over their shock of Pinkie appearing randomly, Sparkler chuckled. “Us and the kids are having a Snowball fight.” She said.

“Fun! I’ll go gather the girls, make a fort real quick, and we can make it a three way match!” Pinkie responded excitedly as she dashed out of the fort before anypony could stop her.

Twilight, after thinking about it, just smiled and shook her head. “Looks like It’ll be a three way match.” She said, resigning to their fate.

“I’ll let the kids know.” Sparkler responded as she horn pulsed Melody to relay to her teammates. “We’ll just have that family fight tomorrow.” She resigned.

“Agreed.” Twilight responded.

About an hour later, Sparkler, Melody, and Pinkie all met in the middle of all three forts. “Alright.” She said. “Everypony clear on the rules?” She asked.

“No shields, no snow cannons.” Melody responded. “And for the adults, go easy on the kids.” She listed the rules.

“And a team is out when their fort is completely destroyed.” Pinkie said.

“Yeah.” Sparkler responded. “And the last fort standing wins.”

“Sounds good.” Melody said. “I’ve been waiting for this.”

“This is going to be fun!” Pinkie responded as the three of them shook hooves. They then returned to their respective forts, and Sparkler shot a flare into the sky to signal the start of the fight.

Snowballs went flying everywhere. Each team lobbing snowballs at the other two forts. Flappy and his three chicks acted as air support for their respective teams, lobbing snowballs from above.

In the distance, from the cover of the Everfree Forest, an eight year old Alicorn Filly watched the fun. A look of longing on her face. “If only I could be there with them…” She mused. “If only she knew…”

Back over to the fight, it didn’t take long for Sparkler to be covered in snow as she and Twilight lobbed Snowballs at their friends. There was laughter, fun, and enthusiastic ponies playing together. And Sparkler was elated to be a part of it. It took nearly 22 years. But better late than never. She thought, relishing in the thought that she was actually having fun with a group of friends, something she had wanted since kindergarten.

At the end of long day of several fights, everypony had been tired out so Twilight called for hot cocoa for everypony, which everypony enjoyed.

Overall, it was a fun day in the snow for our favorite group of ponies. And one they needed after the string of issues they had encountered recently.

To be continued next time…

Author's Note:

Rate the comment I made with the Twily Smily face. With any luck the trolls are too lazy to scroll down and do that.

If this story gets 25 upvotes to the Twily Smilyface comment, I'll update Sparkling Storytime.

THX FOR READING!

Also thank you for understanding this experiment.

Comments ( 17 )

11472011
nicely done! short but good!

the likes, are you not missing something? Or is this a joke

11472036

If this story gets 25 upvotes, I'll update Sparkling Storytime.

You can't reach 25 likes if you disable the rating

11472043
right, pardon for the missunderstanding

My guess is anger on the...Mature SH.
But that doesn't give the right to immediately downvote the next story before ever reading it.


Before any of you say it. No this isn't selfess, she just wants to know whats going on

“Not if there are more kids than adults.” Sparkler reasoned. “The sextuplets, Flappy’s triplets, and Spike. That’s 10 kids, Vs a maximum of 5 adults, you me Flappy Starlight and Flash.” She explained.

uuuuhhhh.......... That sounds very naughty


"Together we are"

"The SEXtuplets!!!"


https://images.app.goo.gl/GLtH2BGMVB1bUxP19


11472043

11472112
Exactly.

Like, It was just one story.

and what the fuck is there to be angry about? It's a Mature story. At some point EVERYTONE is going to end up writing one. It's no biggie.

This story kinda makes me think of

EThe Great Ponyville Snowball Fight
Applejack's Army battles Rainbow's Rebels for control of Ponyville
8686 · 11k words  ·  800  8 · 11k views

11473250
Hope you enjoyed it as much

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love you sparkler you can have all the likes you want ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know this is an experiment, but it's well written non the less! Going in my favs!

11476300
Thank you. I still tried my best with this one. :)

“And they have 6 Alicorns while adults only have two.” Sparkler said.

You still severely underestimate Starlight.
That's how villains lose usually.

At the end of long day of several fights, everypony had been tired out so Twilight called for hot cocoa for everypony, which everypony enjoyed.

Oh, come on, at least say who won!

Login or register to comment