• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1: Episode 3 - The Ticket Masters

The bipedal figure returned to writing the story once more.

With some help from their new Ponyville friends, Twilight and Sunset had successfully moved from Canterlot to Ponyvile. They had then been joined by Moondancer and the group soon began putting things into the Golden Oaks Library to which Twilight had the deed for. There were thankfully two bedrooms and some additional beds for Spike and Ray. The figure wrote.


"I hope you two do your best to stay in touch. Really don't want either of you to be a stranger." Moondancer said.

"We'll do our best. And there's even a mail system here. Bonus." Sunset said.

"By the way Sunset, you never mentioned what your half-brother looks like." Applejack said.

"Right. I only have a picture of him from when we were both foals." Sunset said and got out a picture. There she was with a colt that wasn't that much younger then when Twilight was when the Sun Students had met. Though the two ponies were nearly identical.

"Whoa. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you two were twins." Rainbow Dash said.

"Mom's not sure why we ended up nearly identical when we had two different fathers. I guess the fact that both of our fathers were out of our lives made us sure we would never really know them. I told you how mine ended up being a criminal, but my brother's father, well admittedly he just bolted." Sunset said.

"...Wait are you serious?" Rainbow Dash said.

"Yeah. And when my brother went missing, I took a week off to go see my mother. She had...starved herself it seems. I had to force her to eat." Sunset said.

"Oh dear. You did what you had to do Sunset." Fluttershy said.

"It doesn't feel like I've done enough. I have to find my brother, I have to find Sunburst!" Sunset said.

"Well Canterlot doesn't get as nearly many visitors as Ponyville will, but I'll see what those of us in Canterlot can come up with." Moondancer said.

"That'd be appreciated. Thank you." Sunset said.

"Don't mention it." Moondancer said before heading for the train station.


The next day, Twilight and Applejack were at the farm gathering some of the apples. "Thanks for helping me get the last of these apples in the barn before the day's end." Applejack said.

"It was nothing Applejack. Really." Twilight said. Spike was there too and he suddenly burped out a letter. It was to invite Twilight to the Grand Galloping Gala. There were two tickets included in the letter.

"Dang, I'd love to go to the Grand Galloping Gala. I'm sure a few sales there would help pay for quite a few things at the farm." Applejack said.

Suddenly Rainbow Dash dove into Twilight. "Whoops. Sorry Twilight. I've been doing some practicing." Rainbow Dash said.

"Still hoping to join the Wonderbolts, eh Rainbow Dash?" Applejack asked.

"Yep. Hey, are those tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Hey now, I saw the extra ticket first!" Applejack said.

"Chill out AJ. I wasn't even going to take one. Princess Luna's already invited me." Rainbow Dash said.

"...Say what now?" Applejack asked.

Rainbow Dash smiled and produced her own ticket. "I originally had two tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala, but I went ahead and gave the other one to Scootaloo. I figured the Grand Galloping Gala is the best place to tell her the long awaited truth." Rainbow Dash said.

"That's nice to know Rainbow Dash. I'm just still not sure which of the others I'm willing to take." Twilight said.

"And you know something? Sunset is over at Fluttershy's, and she's got two tickets as well." Rainbow Dash said.

"...But that means only six of us overall can go." Twilight said. "You, me, Scootaloo, Sunset, and two others." She added.

"...Huh. That would suck. Hey, don't try fighting over those tickets. I'll be right back before the end of the day. Promise." Rainbow Dash said before speeding off in the air.

"...Wonder what that's about?" Applejack asked.


Sure enough, it didn't take long for both Rarity and Pinkie Pie to also want to go. Not to mention Sweetie Belle wanting to go with Spike to an event like that. It was causing quite a stir, and eventually Twilight fled to the Library in a panic alongside Sunset, Spike, and Ray. The two were being overwhelmed quickly. And the others were there waiting for them.


"Ugh! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" Twilight screamed out.

"...Oh...sorry. I guess we have been all wanting to go..." Fluttershy said.

"And what a time for Rainbow Dash to be gone too." Pinkie Pie said.

Suddenly Rainbow Dash flew through the window. "That took longer then I thought it would." Rainbow Dash said. "But I'm back now. I hope you haven't been fighting too much." She added.

"Well, it's just...ah think we overwhelmed Twilight and Sunset with wanting their tickets." Applejack said. "But where in the hay have you been RD?" She asked.

"Fixing a problem." Rainbow Dash said. She suddenly produced not just one more ticket so all six of them could go, but four extra tickets on top of that. "Managed to convince both royal sisters to part with not just a ticket so all six of us can go, but I figured that Sweetie Belle would want to go with Spike, Ray wouldn't want to be left behind, and I even also got one more for your sister, Applejack. Apple Bloom I think is what you call her." Rainbow Dash said.

"...You mean you spent all day convincing both of the Princesses just so we can all go to the Grand Galloping Gala?!" Applejack exclaimed. "...Applejack.mlp will stop working now." She added before fainting.

"It's not that out of character AJ. Come on. I said it before and I'll say it again: I'd never leave my friends hanging. And family is important." Rainbow Dash said.

"Looks like Rainbow Dash just displayed a huge amount of loyalty just then." Sunset said.

"...You know what? You're right. Spike, take a letter." Twilight said.


Dear Princess Celestia...

As you are already aware, Rainbow Dash had managed to get enough tickets for all five of my new friends, Spike, Ray, Rarity's Daughter Sweetie Belle, and Applejack's younger sister Apple Bloom to all go to the Grand Galloping Gala.

It is this act of loyalty that has made me realize, sometimes the best thing you can do for your friends, is to stop a problem from developing too far as soon as possible. After all, that's what friendship should be in the first place.

Your faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle.

Celestia smiled as she reviewed the message of Twilight's. "So Sister, what was this about wanting to add a new stunt flier group to the E.U.P.?" Celestia asked.

"That is what I want sister. You have your Wonderbolts, and I would love to actually make the Shadowbolts a reality." Luna said.

"...Well, I honestly think that'll be a great idea for you. Honestly, I'll be all to glad to let you create these Shadowbolts of yours." Celestia said. "No more living in my shadow sister. It's time you had your own stunt flier team that reports to you." She added.

"Of course, my sister." Luna said.

Author's Note:

...Got through this and realized, I forgot to add the Eeveelution to this. Whoops. Admittedly, they didn't really fit with the plot of "Ticket Master" anyways. Next chapter for sure.

PreviousChapters Next