• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1: Episode 9 - Radioactive Contact

It had been a normal day in Ponyville, when Fluttershy found a strange creature. When she brought it with her into town, she somehow had two extras. Pinkie Pie seemed to recognize them, but before she could say anything, the creatures known as parasprites suddenly froze and began to tingle.

"Hello, is this place open?" A feamle voice said. In the doorway stood a rather...unique creature.

"Uh...who are you?" Sunset asked. She was with Twilight, Spike, Ray, and Sweetie Belle in Sugar Cube Corner.

"The name's Numa. I'm sure you've already met my husband, King Throsten." The creature said.

"Oh! Then you must be of those Nucleon Princess Celestia mentioned." Twilight noted.

"Yes I am. One of three right now." Numa said.

"Something is wrong with these creatures..." Fluttershy said. Suddenly the strange creatures melted into goo on the ground. "Ew..." Fluttershy noted.

"...Those didn't happen to be Parasprites, would they?" Numa asked.

"Why yes, yes they were." Pinkie Pie said. "But I can't explain why they suddenly just melted and died." She added.

"Oh. That's no mystery." Numa said.

"Really? Why not?" Ray asked.

"Didn't you know? Nucleon are Radioactive Eeveelutions. While ponies are completely safe from it, some of the other animals you keep around these parts can have...various effects if exposed to it for too long." Numa said. "Thankfully, I've toned down my radiation levels so nothing super massive like a cow getting mutated into having two heads should happen." She added.

"So then, why did these Parasprites still melt into goo? Let alone die from such low levels of exposure?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Hey, I was just wondering that myself." Twilight said.

"Oh, well I've found that Parasrpites REALLY cannot stand radiation. Even with my radiation set to the lowest possible levels so that I'm basically safe enough to not cause genetic mutations, Parasprites will still melt into goo and die." Numa said.

"But...but they were so cute." Fluttershy said.

"Cute but deadly. If you don't believe me, you should try and find someone who just knows." Numa said before leaving.

"...I don't have the slightest idea who she's talking about." Twilight noted.


A couple of days later, there was a storm that caused Rarity and Applejack to get roped into a sleep over with Twilight while Sunset was off to Canterlot for a week. Sunset wanted to spend the week with her mother, which the other girls understood. A couple of days after that, Twilight and the rest of the elements got effected by a strange plant known as Poison Joke, originally thought to be some curse a Zebra known as Zecora put on them. That was the second time the group would encounter Numa the Nucleon when she suddenly showed up at Zecora's hut.

"Oh hi guys." Numa said. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"...Clearing up a misunderstanding." Applejack; still tiny; said.

"...Oh. I see. Huh. Poison Joke huh. That's not good. I better wait for you to take a herbal bubble bath then." Numa said.

"What do you mean, Darling?" Rarity said.,

"Well, when ponies are effected by Poison Joke, radiation can effect you just as bad as it can effect normal animals. In fact, I should go ahead and head to that batch just outside Froggy Bottom Bog. My radiation will prevent me from getting infected and that will also prevent you from suddenly mutating as I forgot to turn my radiation levels low enough to prevent that." Numa said then just left the building.

"...Huh..." Twilight said.


The group had been thankfully cured with some help from the spa and Zecora was even welcomed with open arms at Ponyville. But the next day Sunset returned with Ray.

"So, while I was gone, you had a sleep over with Applejack and Rarity which lead to the two of them ironing out their differences, but not only that, you managed to clear up a misunderstanding because of a Zebra who lives in Everfree forest?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah that about sums it up." Twilight said.

"...Wow. I can't help but be proud of you for that last one." Sunset said. "So, you're Zecora then?" She asked Zecora, who the mane six had over to meet Sunset Shimmer.

"Yes indeed that is my name, and your name I was told ahead of your mane." Zecora said.

"...Funny, I don't remember my studies of Zebras mentioned them rhyming." Sunset said.

"You've studied Zebras?! Wow, that would've saved us a LOT of trouble." Pinkie Pie said.

"Eh. You get used to it." Sunset said. "Oooo, nice plants!" Sunset said, before reaching to take one of the poison joke plants from Zecora's basket.

"SUNSET, NO!" Twilight yelled out, but Sunset had already touched one. "...Well this bites." Twilight said.

"What? They are nice plants." Sunset said.

"That's Poison Joke. It's a plant that plays a joke on you." Twilight said.

"...I've never heard of a plant like that." Sunset said.

"It only makes sense that this is a plant you have not yet seen, for it only grows in the forest of green." Zecora said.

"Well that's a relief. Yet another reason why Apple Bloom needs to be careful about the Everfree Forest." Twilight said.

"Hey that's my line." Applejack said. But then blinked. "...Oh. Ah getcha." Applejack said.

"Twilight, you speak rhyme?" Sunset asked.

"I spent a lot of time studing rhyming in books." Twilight said.

"Wow. For once, being an egghead actually pays off." Rainbow Dash said.

"So, what's going to happen to me?" Sunset asked.

"...That we hope does not happen before Zecora can whip up another herbal bubble bath." Twilight said.


While Zecora was getting ingredients for said herbal bubble bath, Sunset was obviously very distracted.

"Sunset, is something wrong?" Twilight asked.

Sunset looked at Twilight then refocused her head. "S-sorry. It's just, every time I've seen somepony today, I swear sometimes I see my brother in their place." Sunset said.

"You talking about Sunburst?" Applejack asked.

"Y-yeah. I even think somepony even said their name at one point. But it could just be me." Sunset said.

"No, I heard that too." Twilight said.

"Same here." Spike said as Sunset got put into the bubble bath.

"So someone was looking around for Sunburst, but who?" Sunset asked.


Meanwhile, a particular unicorn was hiding behind the spa. "Wh-why does that mare bear such a striking resemblance to Sunburst? I must have the answers." The mare said and then went off.

PreviousChapters Next