• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1 Prologue - Off to Ponyville

It's been a few years since those early days. And now with some help from Sunset, Twilight has come out of her shell a lot sooner and was even attending Moondancer's birthday party. Though Twilight did her best to support one of her first friends, the purple unicorn's mind was elsewhere.

"Hey Twilight. You've been distracted all day today. Something up?" Moondancer asked.

"It's nothing that should interrupt your birthday party." Twilight said. "This is supposed to be about you, after all." She added.

"That's nice of you to say Twilight. I just hope whatever's bugging you turns out for the better." Moondancer said, giving Twilight a bit of a side hug.

"...Heh. I really hope so too." Twilight said.

Sunset suddenly came up to Twilight with both Spike & Ray following the orange unicorn; the two dragons having become surrogate brothers just like how the two unicorn students of Princess Celestia had become surrogate sisters. "Hey Moondancer. Sorry to burst up the party here, but there's a bit of urgency that I need Twilight for." Sunset said.

"Something for Princess Celestia, no doubt. Why is she always calling in some sort of favor?" Moondancer asked.

"That doesn't matter. What does Princess Celestia want?" Twilight asked.

"She wants us to go down to Ponyville and help check the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. Oh, and also she wants us to make friends with the locals." Sunset said.

"Beats me why she wants you two to make more friends when you have quite a few already here in canterlot." Ray said.

"Cheer up Ray. At least Twilight won't have to replace her friends in canterlot with any new friends she makes in Ponyville. Same with Sunset." Spike said.

"Heh. True. And who knows, maybe there's a beautiful lady dragon down there too." Ray said.

"Still hung up on wanting to find that perfect dragon girl for you, huh Ray?" Spike asked.

"Says the dragon who thinks he can find a pony around our age, so we don't risk living too long past their life span." Ray said.

"Well maybe Spike will get lucky Ray: I hear Ponyville has a local elementary school." Sunset said.

"...I still say the chances of Spike finding a filly around our age that he'll like are slim." Ray said.

"You won't know unless we go. Which we are of course." Twilight said and headed off to pack her things with Sunset not too far behind.

"Oh by the way Moondancer, I got you this." Spike said, handing over a gift to Moondancer. "Got to go now." He added before leaving with Ray.


Twilight and Sunset were making preperations to head down to Ponyville as soon as possible. "By the way Twilight, I couldn't help but notice that you've been distracted lately. More so then normal." Sunset said.

"Figures you'd see the concern too. Moondancer inquired, but I didn't want to bother her on her own birthday." Twilight said. "What do you know about the legend of the Mare in the Moon?" She asked.

"That old pony's tale about Nightmare Moon? It's probably just some fictional story that was published." Sunset said.

"I don't know. I can't help but worry since this celebration will mark the one-thousand-year anniversary of Nightmare Moon's banishment." Twilight said.

"Hey, worst comes to worst Twilight, I'm sure whatever new friends we make will help us out with Nightmare Moon; and that's if the threat is real." Sunset said.

"Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that the threat is really real. Don't ask why." Twilight said.

"Well let's follow Princess Celestia's instructions then, though I'm not sure what we could do that she couldn't already do." Sunset said.

"I have a hunch that the making of new friends is a back-up plan by the Princess in case she should not be able to handle Nightmare Moon upon that mare's return." Twilight said and then finished packing.

"...Good point." Sunset admitted before finishing packing herself. "But let us worry about Nightmare Moon later. Let's go make some friends." She added.

"Fair enough." Twilight said.


A mysterious shadowy figure was writing something down in some sort of book.

Little did either of the two surrogate sisters know, was that they were about to set into motion events that would cause changes in their lives and the lives of several others. The figure wrote. For Nightmare Moon was indeed real, and a very real threat.

"Honey, are you actually writing something? Well can you take a break? Dinner is ready." A female voice called out.

"...I'll be down in a moment." A male voice said before pausing his writing and the figure leaving.

PreviousChapters Next