• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1: Episode 13 - Orange Crush

During the day before Rainbow Dash saved Rarity's life with the Sonic Rainboom, Scootaloo was going real fast on her scooter. But that's when she ran into a mysterious Orange Dragon.

"Ow! Hey, watch where your going!" The dragon said.

"Sorry about that." Scootaloo said, getting up. "Great, my scooter's busted again." She said.

"Tch. That should teach you running into others all willy nilly." The orange dragon said.

"Says the dragon. My scooter's not been this busted since the time I almost ran into a food vender's food cart, only to swerve at the last second, and ended up dunked in the fountain." Scootaloo said.

"What do you mean 'says the dragon'?" The dragon asked.

"Well, are you hurt at all?" Scootaloo asked.

"Not all that much." The dragon said.

"Thought so." Scootaloo managed to fix her scooter. "There we go, that's better." Scootaloo said, but as she walked, she winced a bit in pain.

"Hey, are you okay?" The dragon asked.

"I'm fine." Scootaloo said, acting tough.

"...Heh..." The dragon had a bit of a smirk. "...You know, I actually lied, I'm a little bit more hurt then I let on. And in a physical sense." The dragon said.

"Wait what?!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "But you said--"

"I was acting tough. Because I am just that sort of dragon." The dragon said.

"Well...I'm really sorry for running into you, but I'm fine." Scootaloo said.

"See, that's where your wrong. You think I didn't notice you wincing in pain? And when you answered me, made me realize: You like to act tough too, don't you?" The dragon asked.

"...Guess it takes one to know one, huh? Your more durrable then me though." Scootaloo said.

"Maybe I am, but that doesn't change the facts, now does it?" Smolder asked.

"Tch. I hate that you have such a good point." Scootaloo said.

"Here, let's get ourselves checked out just in case. I'll even escort you personally." The dragon said.

"You don't have to do that, but your going to anyways huh?" Scootaloo asked.

"How'd you guess?" The dragon asked. Scootaloo smirked at her. "...Heh. Right. Takes one to know one." The dragon said.

"I'm Scootaloo by the way." Scootaloo introduced.

"You can call me Smolder." The dragon said.

A bit later that day, the two were checked out. Thanfully, nothing too major, just some advice to be more careful.

"So, it was kind of nice to find someone I can relate to. Even if they are a pony. Still, makes wanting to move here a better idea. I really need to get away from my brother who can be sort of overprotective of me." Smolder said.

"Wish I had a sibling. Heck, my parents told me they adopted me because the orphanage claimed I'm a lost foal. Which means I don't have any siblings that I know of." Scootaloo said. "Wish I did though; it'd be nice to have an older sister." She added.

"Siblings can be either good, or bad for you. But I think you should focus on just having a role model." Smolder said.

"That sounds nice. Thanks for the advice, dragon self." Scootaloo said.

"...Dragon...self?" Smolder questioned.

"In a lot of ways, you remind me of me. And while I don't know if any dragons outside of the two I do know do freindship, if your going to at least try to do so, might as well start with someone you share similarities with, right?" Scootaloo asked.

Smolder smirked. "...Not a bad idea. I'd be willing to hang out with you some time as well, pegasus counter." Smolder said. She extended a closed claw which Scootaloo hoofbumped; the two basically acknowledging the other.


However, it was the day during the one where Rainbow Dash saved Rarity's life with the Sonic Rainboom where there were certain other things.

"Hey, where's Scootaloo?" Spike asked. He and Ray decided to hang out with the CMC while everyone else was cheering on Rainbow Dash; with none of them knowing what was really going on up there.

"Beats me. She's running a bit late." Diamond Tiara said. "Should we go look for her?" She asked.

"It's Scootaloo. What could she possibly be doing right now anyways besides coming here?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I just realized: None of us have any idea where Scootaloo lives." Ray said.

"Ah do. She lives in one of the houses on main street." Apple Bloom said. Every pony looked at her. "...Ah saw her come out of it once." she added.

"In that case, maybe we should check to see if she's still home and forgot to wake up?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Not a bad thought. Won't take too long either." Ray said.


The group started to look for Scootaloo, but then they saw her with an orange dragoness. An orange dragoness, that caused Ray to start freezing up at the sight off.

"Oh! Girls." Scootaloo said, going up to her friends. "I see Spike and Ray are here too." Scootaloo said. "I guess I forgot to come by today, huh?" She asked.

"You could say that. Whose the dragoness?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Her name is Smolder. We sort of ran into each other yesterday. I just had forgot because of that to hang out with the rest of you. It's...not a bad thing she can hang out with us too, right?" Scootaloo asked.

"I suppose not. Hey wait..." Spike did a double take. "I remember her. She helped out with Sweetie Belle and I against Fortus Vile during our date." Spike said.

"Heh. Nice to see the dragon and his date again. We didn't really get introduced last time, did we?" Smolder asked. "Like Scootaloo said, the name's Smolder." She added.

"I'm Spike." Spike said.

"Sweetie Belle; and thanks for your help the other day." Sweetie Belle said.

"No one should mess with a Dragon's belongings. Not even another dragon. Not unless you want to feel the rage of a greed-induced dragon." Smolder said.

"Well, seeing as you've met them and defended them from Fortus Vile, we might as well introduce the rest of us too. I'm Diamond Tiara." Diamond Tiara said.

"The name's Apple Bloom." Apple Bloom said.

Ray still looked froze up. "Err...and the yellow dragon here is my surrogate brother, Ray." Spike said. He elbowed Ray. "Ray, say something!" Spike said.

"Oh! Um...hi there." Ray said.

"Heh. Your cute. Oh crap..." Smolder said as she noticed a nearby street clock. "Gotta get going; I'm finalizing my new place to stay and my residenticy here in Ponyville. I'll see you around, all of you. Especially you, Ray. You too, pesgasus counter." Smolder said.

"See you around, dragon self." Scootaloo said, as she hoofbumped Smolder's enclosed claw before the dragoness took off.

"Ray, what the heck dude? What happened to you?" Spike asked.

"Th-that dragoness was so beautiful. I guess I just froze up." Ray said.

"Looks like Ray just found his crush." Diamond Tiara said.

"What are the chances though?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Just as much as the four of us being drawn to each other, I'd say." Diamond Tiara said.

"Okay point taken." Apple Bloom said.

PreviousChapters Next