• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1: Episode 12 - The Joys of Serendipity

A few days had passed, and during it, Twilight tried to understand Pinkie Pie and her antics, before just deciding to believe in them. And after they saw Celestia flying off with Twilight's latest friendship letter, Sunset soon approached them.

"...I'll take this to mean you decided to just roll with the punches?" Sunset asked.

"You could say that." Twilight said.

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie's mane started retracting and expanding. "Oooooo...this is new~" Pinkie Pie said.

"Well this isn't your doozy sense going off this time." Twilight said.

"Doozy sense?" Sunset asked.

"Don't ask." Twilight said.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, there was a Sylveon on Sunset's back, staring down into her eyes. "Hi new friends. I'm Serendipity." The Sylveon said.

"Where'd she come from?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Ooooo! You must be Pinkie Pie! I've heard about you." Serendipity said, before she suddenly zoomed over to Pinkie Pie. "Didyougetyournamefromthefactthatyourpink? AreyouabouttotellmeyourbrithnameisPinkmena?" Serendipity said, very rapidly.

"Wait...how do you know about my birth name?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Wait...your original name is Pinkmena?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah. Well, the full name is Pinkmena Pie. But after I figured out my special talent was making others smile, and brining joy to the world, I had it legally changed to Pinkie Pie." Pinkie Pie said. "Figured it would help others see me as wanting to bring smiles to others." She added.

"Wow! That is so cool!" Serendipity said. "A pity all I have to bring is a boring old leaf." She said, handing it to Pinkie Pie.

"Aw...that's okay." Pinkie Pie said, but suddenly the leaf turned into a bowling ball, that forced Pinkie Pie to the ground. "WAIT, WHAT?!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"Oh no...now there's two of them!" Twilight said.

"Rest in peace Ponyville's sanity." Sunset said, now fully worried.

"So, did you like the big surprise? I can keep giving these surprises away. I love surprises. As there's nothing more fun then giving others a big old surprise. OOoooooo!" Serendipity then spotted Bon Bon and Lyra. "I'll be right back." Serendpity said before going towards the duo.

"T-twilight, what do I do? How am I going to compete with something like that?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"Well, it's just that, I'm supposed to be the one that brings smiles to others. But how am I going to do that, when Serendipity can do that just as well if not better?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Actually Pinkie Pie, there is one thing you can do that she will never be able to do." Sunset said.

"Really? What's that?" Pinkie Pie asked. Sunset whispered into Pinkie Pie's ear, making the pink mare grin. "Oooooo! That'll impress her for sure!" Pinkie Pie said.


Later that day, Pinkie Pie given an adress to Serendiptiy, who would then later enter Sugarcube Corner. "SUPRRISE!" Pinkie Pie said. "So, were you surprised? Huh? Were you?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Wait, you did this?" Serendipity asked. "How? You had less then a few minutes at best to get all the townsfolk here." She added.

"We kind of have a saying around here: Ya don't question Pinkie Pie." Applejack said.

"Wow. You've definatly surprised me. I was not expecting a surprise like this. Especially one on short notice. Your certainly a good surpriser." Serendipity said.

"Aw thanks. So, want to par--" Pinkie Pie said, before Serendipity got on her head.

And then with a whirl, the Sylveon was wearing a Tiara. "It is therefor, that I; Princess Serendipity; declare you as my equal, Pinkie Pie!" Serendipity said before getting off.

"Wait...so the Princess Lola was talking about..." Pinkie Pie said.


Flashback to just after Rainbow Dash and Applejack worked together to knock down the rest of the fall leaves...

"By the way Pinkie Pie..." Lola said, going up to the Pink Pony while Rainbow Dash and Applejack went to do their duties. "I have a harem sister whose a royal who I think you should really meet. If you play your cards right, you might even get recognized as her equal." Lola said.

"Ha! No one out parties me!" Pinkie Pie said.

End of Flashback...


"Your the princess Lola told me I could become the equal of?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Yep! You obviously like giving surprises to others in hopes of making them smile right? In that sense, we're the same. But different. You like giving others parties to make them smile, while I like giving gifts to make them smile. We may have the same desire, but we do it in different ways." Serendipity said.

"...Yeah. It's really nice to be friends with you." Pinkie Pie said.

"The feeling is mutual." Serendipity said, the two joy spreaders shaking paws/hooves.

"So, want to enjoy the party now?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Totally!" Serendipity said.

Sunset just smiled at that.


Dear Princess Celestia...

It seems that friendship can occur even when two share the same desire. And sharing desires with another can lead to a friendship that could last a lifetime. Such has become the case with Pinkie Pie and Princess Serendipity. At first, Pinkie Pie had lost herself when Serendipity showed up and started spreadking smiles with her own brand of surprises in the form of surprise gifts. But after I reminded Pinkie Pie that she still had her surprise parties, the party mare was able to surprise Serendipity with a gift that Serendipity could never give: A suprise party with the whole of Ponyville roped into it. The two were able to bound of their share of the desire of spreading joy to others from that, and Serendipity even declared that Pinkie Pie is her equal by royal decree.

...Though now I fear for Ponyville's sanity, as Serendipity will be staying here for a few days. It's bad enough that Pinkie Pie is random by herself. And Serendipity can keep up with Pinkie Pie like no other pony can. Yet, maybe it'll be a fun experience for these two new friends to enjoy together.

...Praying to keep my own sanity, Sunset Shimmer.

Princess Celestia couldn't help but giggle. Suddenly, Serendipity showed up. "Oh hi there." Celsestia said.

"I nearly forgot. I have a gift for you." Serendipity said, before handing Celestia a present and then leaving.

"How nice." Celestia said. When she opened it, she got a cake to the face. "...Dear mother, please help Ponyville; they will need your protection." She said dejectedly.

PreviousChapters Next