• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,174 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,174

PreviousChapters Next
Season 1: Episode 18 - Sunset Snippits I

Author's Note:

Seeing as how the next four episodes are ones where Sunset's presence changes very little about the episode in the long run, I decided to combine the four scenes that would exist for Sunset's presence being involved into one chapter. It was either this, or skip to the replacement for "Best Night Ever" being the season 1 finale right away, and that didn't seem like it'd be fair to do.

A Bird in the Hoof

"Seriously Fluttershy? Despite Twilight's overreacting about you taking Philomena, do you really think taking the princess's pet pheonix was a good idea. Besides, it's not even sick at all." Sunset said.

"Of course the poor thing is sick. Can't you tell?" Fluttershy asked.

"You don't know much about the Pheonix species that much, do you?" Sunset asked.

"All I see is a sick bird." Fluttershy said before doing her thing.

Later...

"You know, now that I think about it, you did mention Philomena wasn't sick at all, Sunset." Fluttershy said.

"But of course. It was the one time Sunburst and I worked together on a school project. He wanted to learn more about the Princess's pet Pheonix, so I helped him with his research. And that's when we found that Pheonix tend to molt and start to look ill before they suddenly spring right back up fresh as a daisy." Sunset said. "Of course, you had gone into animal caretaker mode and wouldn't really listen." She added.

"Sounds like Fluttershy learned a little friendship lesson about listening to her friends before rushing to her own judgement on something. Wouldn't you agree, Twilight?" Celestia asked.

"Of course Princess." Twilight said. "Though I haven't learnt much about friendship myself today." She added.

"I never once gave you a deadline on learning friendship lessons. Besides, this gets me thinking that perhaps, your friends could write to me about friendship lessons they've learned as well." Celestia said.

Meanwhile, a unicorn mare had overheard what Sunset said. "Wait...that mare worked with Sunburst?! That's it, I need to find out more about her." The mare said.


Cutie Mark Chronicles

"You three are going around Ponyville seeking cutie mark stories huh?" Sunset asked the CMC while they were at the library.

"Yeah. Say, maybe you can say how you got your cutie mark, Sunset." Sweetie Belle said.

"Yeah. Especially since your Twilight's big sister." Apple Bloom admitted.

"I'm only her surrogate big sister. I actually have a biological brother who has gone missing. Actually, he's part of how I got my cutie mark in the first place." Sunset said.

"Really?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yeah. I remember the day well: Sunburst and this unicorn filly he would always play with were looking through some of the breezie tale books, when I noticed they were reading about the Sonic Rainboom which we know actually is a thing that exists. At the time though, every pony thought it was one of those old breezie tales." Sunset said.

"You mean like Nightmare Moon?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"...Yeah. But this was a bit different. Still, I wanted to prove to them that it was just some old breezie tale and that a sonic rainboom could never be possible. So I studied magic long and heard. While I was never able to provide proof that the sonic rainboom was an impossible feat, both Sunburst and that filly, Starlight Glimmer, noticed how profeciant I had become of magic because of studying it to prove the sonic rainboom impossible. Which is when I realized my talent for wanting to study magic and gain insight into how it works. That's when I had gotten my cutie mark." Sunset said.

"Wow. Because of your brother and his friend, you ended up learning that you wanted to study magic." Sweetie Belle said.

The nearby unicorn mare had heard everything. "Wait...I think...I think I remember...that mare...she's Sunburst's Sister?!" The unicorn mare asked.

Later...

"Wait, so the Sonic Rainboom caused the elements to get their cutie marks at the same time?" Sweetie Belle realized.

"But not Sunset." Scootaloo said.

"Maybe so, but I had gotten my cutie mark because of the Sonic Rainboom all the same. So in the end, we all got our cutie marks because of the Sonic Rainboom." Sunset said.


Owl's Well That Ends Well

"You really should tell Twilight the truth and not think some new creature she got is going to take over your job." Sunset said.

"Yeah. Even I'm better then that." Ray said.

"Says the one who sneezed in Rarity's shop because she was dusting." Spike said. "You nearly set one of her manikens on fire." He added.

"Thank goodness Smolder was there to block it." Ray said.

"You've been hanging out our new resident dragon a lot. Is my other little brother starting to crush on a girl?" Sunset teased.

"Sh-shut up!" Ray suddenly said, but his blush was giving him away.

"There isn't anything wrong with it Ray. Your a growing drake. It's only natural you'd start taking an interest in females." Sunset said.

Ray could only blush a deeper shade of pink. "I said shut up!" He said.


Party of One

"So, is it just me, or has Little Strongheart been acting a little strange since she helped set this up for Pinkie Pie?" Sunset asked.

"Ah'll ask her." Applejack said. "You okay there, Sugarcube?" She asked.

"Not...one hundred percent. Ever since I came here, I've felt the evil presence that I felt was coming stronger then ever. But all the ponies here were friendly. Even the female dragon from afar." Little Strongheart said.

"Well if it's not anyone in town that's the trouble, it could be a false positive." Ray suggested.

"Maybe. But it's too strong for that. Perhaps it's not something that's already here, but something that has yet to be here..." Little Strongheart said.

"But what could possibly give off a strong darkness reading?" Twilight asked.

"I wonder if by clensing Luna of her nightmare, the nightmare became self-aware and escaped; becoming it's own entity." Sunset said.


Outside of ponyville a strange blob of darkness suddenly shifted itself into a more bipedal form, that looked like a monkey without the tail.

"It's finally time..." The strange being said. "It's time I break up the fantasy these mortals kid themselves with. Friendship? Honesty? Kindness? Laughter? Generosity? Loyalty? All a bunch of fantasy quirks. There's nothing but enemies, lies, malice, sadness, greed, and betrayal in mortals. And I'm going to prove how useless their precious 'elements of harmony' really are." The figure said. "For I am Gorzon, master of darkness!" The being said before he gave off an evil laugh; one filled with nothing but pure unfiltered evil.

PreviousChapters Next