• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 3: Episode 7 - Another World Part 1

Author's Note:

Yep. I'm going there. I am so considering the first Equestria Girls Movie to be part of Season 3. This season needs the extra episodes as it is since it was already the shortest MLP:FiM season, and splitting the first Equestria Girls movie up into multiple parts is a nice way to pad out the season for this submission.

But there will be lots of changes. Especially since Sunburst is in Sunset's shoes.

"So now Twilight is an alicorn, but your still saying that she's the one whose going to get a special some pony next Pinkie?" Sunset asked.

"Yepper doodles. It's not to late to join in on the Twilight pool." Pinkie Pie said.

"I'm also got a large feeling, Twilight's going to get her special some pony next as well." Serendipity said. "Call it instinct."

"Clearly, neither of you know Twilight that well. Plus she's an alicorn now. The chances of her getting her special some pony when she's barely talked to any stallions is next to none." Sunset said.

"You say that now." Pinkie Pie said.

"Yeah. I'm not budging. I know better then to bet against Pinkie Pie. Though I'm surprised Spike switched back to you when Ray stayed the same." Rainbow Dash said.

"What's this about betting Princess Twilight is going to find her special some pony next?" Night Wing asked. She and the rest of the Shadow Bolt trainees are coming along for the Princess Summit at the Crystal Empire.

"Well, me, Pinkie Pie, Ray, Rarity, Smolder, Throsten, Glacia, Blitz, Lola, Serendipity, Vala, Numa, Julia, and Esperalda all have 100 Bits saying Twilgiht's going to be getting her Special Some Pony next." Rainbow Dash said.

Night Wing blinked. "You all do realize that Princess Twilight's now an alicorn Princess right?" She asked.

"Yep. But if there's one thing I've learned, it's to never bet against Pinkie Pie." Rainbow Dash said.

"You could say the same with Serendipity." Throsten said.

"Of course you can. She and Pinkie Pie are like two peas in a pod." Rainbow Dash said.

"She's really enjoyable." Serendipity said.

"...Maybe I should bet 100 Bits that it's going to be you Rainbow Dash." Night Wing said.

"You'll be losing those 100 bits." Rainbow Dash said.

"Don't care. I'm doing it." Night Wing said. "This is Princess Twilight your talking about. Er, no offense your highness." She said.

"I told you you can just call me Twilight Night Wing. My friends shouldn't have to address me by title." Twilight said.

"She's got a point you know." Sunset said.

"And your pretty good friends with Rainbow Dash as of late." Twilight said.

"Well after the tornado incident, she and Thunderlane are almost garenteed to get into the Shadow Bolts now." Night Wing said. "Speaking of, the Shadow Bolts are going to be representing Ponyville at the Equestria Games. The tests should be concluded by then. There's only one final test between now and the Equestrian Games."

"Wow, so do you have a good idea whose going to be on the actual Shadow Bolts?" Sunset asked.

"Well I don't want to say anything, but I will say that Rainbow Dash and Thunderlane are going to be tough to overcome for the main squad. Sure there'll be other slots, but they are pratically shoe-ins after the Tornado Incident." Night Wing said. "All they have to do is pass the final test with a good score and their on the squad."

"What is that final test anyways? Does it have something to do with why all the Trainees are on this train?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes, actually there is. The final test will involve all the Trainees searching for some coins that have Princess Luna's face on them hidden in some snow. And the Frozen North has no shortage of Snow." Night Wing said. "The test will be taking place shortly after the Princess Summit. Provided everything goes smoothly. And I doubt something will happen. It's the Princess Summit for crying out loud."

"Famous last words." Rainbow Dash said.


And as it just so happened to turn out, Rainbow Dash was right to call that out, as during the night a unicorn stallion who looked very much like Sunset tried to take Twilight's element, but got caught yet still escapped through the now repaired mirror which it turned out, Celestia had brought with her to give to Cadence and Shining Armor.

"That was Sunburst. No doubt about it. I'd recognize him anywhere." Sunset said. It was now the next day.

"He tried to swap Twilight's element with a fake crown, but you did manage to figure out that he did take it." Luna said.

"Can't believe Sunburst has resorted to theivery. That's not the Sunburst I grew up with." Starlight said.

"Nor the brother I know." Sunset said.

"He must have changed since his escape into the world beyond this mirror." Princess Celestia said.

"Then I must go through and get my element back. And Sunset can come with me." Twilight said.

"Yeah. This is personal now." Sunset said. "I don't care if he is my biological brother, you don't steal from any pony."

"Should the other elements go too then?" Night Wing asked.

"No. While I am certain Sunset and Twilight can go without consequence; Spike and Ray as well; the others would cause issues." Celestia said. "Issues that I am not comfortable discussing, I'll be honest. A word of caution however: You will only have three days to get back the element before the portal closes for thirty moons."

"Three days huh? Not a lot of time, but me and Sunset can do it." Twilight said.

"Yeah. The sun students got this." Sunset said. "Ray, I hate to say this, but I think you and Spike should stay back. Just in case." She added.

"We'll take care of things on this end." Ray said.

"Yeah. But wait, I'm reminded of what Cole mentioned as his final words now." Spike said.

"...The whole mirror and some pony following his heart thing?" Sunset asked.

"Mirrors cast reflections, but one is unique amongst all; a gateway to another world hides a secret, and in that world lies sompony special." Twilight recounted. "Worlds apart one lover might be, but he will give up everything to follow his heart." She added. "I have a sneaking suspicion that Cole's final message is going to have huge implications sooner then we thought."

PreviousChapters Next