• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,187 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,187

PreviousChapters Next
Season 6: Episode 10 - Half-Blood (Sensitive Subject Warning)

Things with Opening Week at the Manehatten store were honestly a bit...hetic. Still, the review was nothing but praise, so it was all good. A commotion however, drew the attention of the element barers and it is there they saw a rather wounded Nozrog, Rex (in human form of course), and Sparky.

"Tch. Seems I underestimated just how powerful Sparky there is. Seems my plan to kill him is going to have to be sidelined for the time being." Nozrog said.

"Nozrog again?! What exactly were you doing here and now?" Twilight asked.

"Actually, I came here to kill Sparky, so I baited a trap for Rex. Still didn't expect to be this overpowered and so easily." Nozrog said.

"That's less then someone like you deserves." Rex said.

"Your one to tell me how I should be punished. Especially since your father should've stayed sealed away." Nozrog said. "It's a fitting punishment for committing something so taboo in the first place."

"Taboo? What taboo thing did Rex's father even commit?" Twilight asked.

"Now that I think about it, Rex, where even is your father right now?" Sunset asked. "And I mean your biological father, not Sparky of course."

That statement made Nozrog start laugh histarically; but not evilly like he normally does. "...Did Sunset say something funny?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh this is just too good. You mean you haven't figured it out yet?" Nozrog asked.

"Don't you even dare." Rex warned.

"Well at some point, you will have to tell them. So better for the beans to get spilled now. Unless you'd rather me do it for you...Half-Blood." Nozrog emphasized the last bit by pointing right at Rex.

"Half-blood? What kind of insult is that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"A correct one." Nozrog said simply.

"Rex, why aren't you countering him?" Sunset asked.

"...Because...he's not wrong in saying it's not really an insult..." Rex said before he brought up the one hand that was covered by a glove.

"What's wrong about wearing a glove anyways?" Twilight asked Nozrog.

But then, Rex took off the glove, revealing... "I-is that a brand in the shape of a Raichu's Paw? W-why were you branded like that, Rex?" Sunset asked.

"You mean you ponies still haven't figured it out yet? The clues are all there for you now. So, either they realize what that brand means, or one of us spells it out for them; Half-blood." Nozrog said to Rex.

"...Wait...Rex, is he saying what I think he's saying?" Twilight realized what Nozrog was hinting out now.

"...He is..." Rex said. "I'm biologically half-Pokémon."

That's what did it. That caused a silence for a good while.


"Honestly, I find it hilarious that you didn't tell them. And it only took me giving them such a huge hint, that they realized it." Nozrog said, breaking the silence after a good while.

"So wait, all the time Rex has been calling Sparky his father...that wasn't just because Sparky raised him?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh please. Sparky had no paw in raising this boy. It was that Zangoose of his that got that honor because Sparky got sealed away when he went berserk over the loss of Rex's mother and the disappearance of Rex in the resulting chaos." Nozrog said.

"P-princess Celestia once told me, that it's illegal for Pokémon and Ponies to get into a relationship." Sunset admitted.

"Well, it's no different in that human world. It's not only illegal for a human and a Pokémon to have a romantic relationship, but it's heavily forbidden and considered taboo." Nozrog said. "Your worlds aren't that much different in that aspect when you think about it. Any child found to be half-bloods like Rex here, are given a branding just before they and their parents are to be hunted down and killed with extreme prejudice."

"Even now, thirty years later that remains the case." Rex said before putting his glove back on. "But it's such a stupid and unfair law if you ask me. Especially since my birth proves the old myths true."

"And that's exactly why the human world considers you a freak of nature. Because they don't want humans and Pokémon to be equal like they were in the past." Nozrog said. "So, now you understand his true motivation: Rex seeks to overthrow the government of the human world, so he can do away with that law so things can be just like how they were in the past. Of course, also aiming to ensure a harsher punishment system for the actually immoral acts such as stealing is a nice bonus I'd say. It's just too bad, that he himself is considered a criminal by law."

"You have no right to call me a criminal; with how much pain you've inflicted." Rex said.

"Yeah well, you've had your time in the spotlight now." Nozrog suddenly used his dark magic to activate Rex's machine that let him switch over at will to send Rex back to the human world.

"Now what in Equestria did you do that for?" Twilight asked.

"Because princess, this next part is for your ears only. I may be evil, but that boy shouldn't have to live with murdering his own father; even if it's unintentional." Nozrog said.

"Wh-what are you talking about now? Rex could never commit murder. He just doesn't seem like the type." Twilight said.

"Yeah, that's where the 'unintentional' part of my statement comes in. Rex doesn't even realize that by terrastilizing his father, Rex is slowly killing Sparky with each use." Nozrog said. "And when that happens, that boy's facade will crack hard."

"Wh-what are you talking about now?" Twilight asked.

"Being a half-blood, Rex is going to live twice as long as an ordinary human. So, while he may be both mentally and physically thirty years old, on a spiritual level, he's no different than an eight-year-old child. So, if he kills his own father, it'll break him." Nozrog said. "Like I said, I may be evil, but it'd be better for that boy if his father was killed by someone else. And that's a hit I'm willing to take if it makes it so that boy doesn't have to live with the fact he killed his own father."

"So, it's essentially a mercy kill..." Sunset realized.

"But don't take what I was trying to do as mercy, I am planning on killing Rex myself at some point. I just...I just really need to figure something out first." Nozrog said before he then vanished.

"Do you think Nozrog was lying to us again?" Sunset asked.

"...I doubt it this time. Mostly because he was right in calling Rex a half-blood." Twilight said. "Regardless, we need to convince Rex to stop using terrastilization on his father. Even if there's a slight chance Nozrog is lying to us about it, is that really a risk you're willing to take?"

"...Yeah, fair enough. For some reason, the emotion Nozrog gave off was different than usual when he talked about Sparky's death. It...it was almost like it was coming from some pony else." Sunset said.

Author's Note:

I know that the period of african americans was similar to this sort of thing. That's kind of the idea. I'm not doing this as a means to insult, and I know something this would be a sensitive subject to be including. That being said, as bad as I know the period before the civil war was for African Americans, I also don't want it to be forgotten. Because lately, it almost feels like the country has been slipping, what with removing the civil war monuments being a thing. That, and I know about the black lives matter movement. That's actually the reason why I included something this extreme with the branding thing and the hunting thing. Because I don't want that sort of thing to be lost to time, since I know it is something that should be remembered. Yeah, I know it's a sensitive subject, I don't want it to be forgotten about either.

PreviousChapters Next