• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 5: Episode 4 - Broken Normalcy

Author's Note:

Up until now, you've been led to believe that Rex was most likely just some normal guy who simply acted a bit strict; probably no different from Raiden; and just ended up getting involved with a criminal orginization by complete accident.

Well prepare to have that image of a normal seeming guy destroyed this episode. A lot of the stuff here in Season 5 is going to be unique episodes happening in-between most of the MLP:FiM episodes as this was where the show started making the main six go on friendship missions, and there's not much I can change for those since they are so focused on problem solving using specific ponies and their talents.

Some season 5 episodes will be AU'd, but most of them are going to be left in-tact. So to make up for the lack of rewritten stuff for season 5, I'm going to making mostly original episodes like this one.

Sunset, Starlight, and Rex were enjoying some time. The suddenly ponyized humans sans Rex were currently being kept at Twilight's castle to avoid confusion with the world. Twilight had gone up to Canterlot to speak with Celestia, Luna, and Cadence to talk about what Marina's grand plan is and what to do about it as well as some advice on what to do with the ponyized humans.

However, Rainbow Dash suddenly came down from the clouds with Gilda. "Sunset, your not going to believe who I just spotted outside town." Rainbow Dash said.

"Was it Marina?" Sunset asked.

"Nope. It was Lightning Dust." Rainbow Dash said.

"Didn't you say to me that that pegasus is still wanted for the tornado stuff?" Rex asked.

"In a sense. She is going to have to serve time for all the reckless endangerment stuff she's been doing. But right now, she was seemingly with a Pegasus colt. So she's probably just on a babysitting job. Probably not a good idea to be arresting her while she's in proximity of a child." Rainbow Dash said.

"Is that all? I'll deal with this then. I've got a way to get that child away from her." Rex said, and then left with Sparky following close behind.

"Are we sure Sparky should be allowed to roam so freely? I mean, we saw what his power almost did to Raiden." Starlight said.

"Maybe so, but Sparky went on a destructive rampage the last time he was threated with imprisonment. Best not to try that. Besides, that was more Marina's fault then Sparky's thanks to her little device." Sunset said. "I may not be able to understand what Sparky was saying verbally, but I could tell, whatever that device was, it put him through a lot of pain."

"The emotions thing again huh? Your getting good at telling those." Rainbow Dash said.

"Wait, what's this about not being able to understand Sparky?" Gilda asked. Sparky was soon passing by the group, playing chase with the colt Lightning Dust was with. However, despite hearing the Colt's playful giggles clearly, Gilda couldn't understand a thing coming from Sparky. "...Huh. What do you know?"

"It's probably got something to do with how he was fused with a Rotom. The way that he was made into what he is now must've made him unable to be understood by almost every pony and Pokemon alike." Sunset said. "Rex seems to be the only being in all of existance who seems to be capable of understanding him. Must be a blood thing."

"Wait, what blood thing?" Starlight asked.

"Did we forget to mention that Sparky is Rex's biological dad?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well I didn't even know much about Sparky until now so...no comment." Gilda said.

"I've been here for how long now, and your just telling me this now?!" Starlight exclaimed.

"I guess it just never came up before now...sorry Starlight. Guess we just forgot. That happens sometimes. No pony is immune to it." Sunset said.

"Guess you've got a point there." Starlight said.

"MY WING!"

A shout from Lightning Dust suddenly made foursome approuch Lightning Dust and Rex, the former of which now has an obviously sprained Wing. "Wh-what did you do?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Made sure this Pegasus wouldn't be getting just a slap on the wrist for her crimes. I didn't want that colt to end up as another of her victims." Rex said.

"What are you talking about?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh that's right. No pony would know because her personal files were sealed." Rex said, before suddenly bringing out a criminal record with his magic. "Well, I've personally unsealed them." He said, using his magic to make sure Sunset could grab it with hers.

"...What the..." Sunset gasped. "Five counts of arson, fifty counts of reckless endangerment BEFORE her time at Wonderbolt Academy, sixty-nine counts of of endangerment towards children, two accounts of assault, accidental murder, assult with a deadly weapon, murder by proxy in the sense a pony drove themselves to suicide because they were bullied by the subject...and this is just page one!"

"Where are the other pages?" Gilda asked.

"Trust me, this first page is enough." Rex said. "Seems Lightning Dust's father paid millions if not billions of bits making sure his daughter didn't see a single second of jail time."

Twilight soon approuched the group. "So that's all--WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE?!"

"It's all the same. Both in this world, and the other, it's all the same: The justice system lets criminals like Lightning Dust get off with merely a slap on the wrist." Rex said.

The rest of the elements soon arrived. "What's going on here?" Applejack asked.

"Look, just because the justice system didn't do anything before, doesn't mean they can't do anything now. You should trust the system." Sunset said.

"Trust the system? You want me to trust the system?!" Rex suddenly looked unhinged. "You want to know how exploitable your 'system' is? When my mother was killed during the raid that was done to recapture my father, the soldier responsible for her death wasn't even reprimanded. In fact, I learnt he was later given an honorable discharge. Honorable my flank. That man was a murderer, killing my mother in cold blood because she refused to corporate with authorities." He explained. "So don't give me your friendship talk, or tell me to believe in the system. I have my own ways of making sure Criminals pay for their actions. These criminals deserve to be punished and punished harshly. But every time, they can get away with murder simply because they believe themselves to be above the law in every way possible. So that's why I decide to do what any justice system won't do: Punish the criminals." Rex said. "Besides, I mearly broke one of her wings. Lightning Dust will live." He said.

"But most Pegasi practically depend on their ability to fly to live a normal life. Take that away, and they will have a hard time surviving." Rainbow Dash said. "Yeah, I know Fluttershy's an exception, but that's because she found a way to survive without needing the ability to fly. She can still fly when push comes to shove, but she mostly doesn't do flying like other Pegasi depend on their ability to fly to survive."

"Thank you Rainbow." Fluttershy said.

"Wow, you actually said the plural form of Pegasus right for a change." Twilight said.

"Your interupting her moment." Gilda said.

"Moment's over. I ain't afraid to get my hands dirty when it comes to dishing out punishments towards criminals." Rex said.

"Fine. Guess it's time to rematch your team then. We've been training with Raiden since our last encounter." Rainbow said.

"Interesting. Then let's see just what you've learnt. Just know this: Regardless of what you think, I believe all criminals should have a bad time." Rex said.

Broken Normalcy: https://youtu.be/5jFPOe5rkTU?si=V8Q8caHxA7QhV2AR

Wounded by Justice
Vigilante Rex Lauran

Rex began by sending out his Linoone first. "No commands need to be given by me this time. My pokemon will be going nuts as much as possible." Rex said.

True to his word, the Linoone began using water, electric, and something else in his attacks. "That's a fighting type move known as Rock Smash. Be on guard." Deca said.

Despite the attacks being more unpredictable now, the Linoone went down. Rex's second pokemon was new though. Twilight recognized it as a Furret.

The Furret was digging underground, using the grass itself to attack, and was even using a punch attack that was Fire elemental in nature.

After it went down, next up was Rex's Delcatty, which was using Water Pulse, Shock Wave, and Ice Beam.

"This guy really thinks of everything, doesn't he?" Rainbow Dash asked.

After Delcatty went down, came in the Pokemon that the group was told about: Smeargle.

"Your sending your ace out now?!" Sunset exclaimed.

"Who ever said Smeargle was my ace?" Rex asked.

"It is what makes the most sense, with how many types of moves your Pokemon know." Applejack said.

"No. I can tell his ace is something much more personal. We need to be ready for it." Twilight said.

The Smeargle was unleashing Psychic Energy, a ball of pure poison, and even some fairy magic. However, once it was down, Rex smirked. "Well you've made it this far, but you should know: I was taken in by my ace Pokemon as a sort of, surrogate father. And he raised me as his own. So, now you witness my Zangoose!" Rex said, before sending out the same Zangoose that Abucus Cinch had faced. Suddenly, Rex pressed a button on his machine and was now a human. "This is going to be a great field test for this new function." Rex said, before showing off he had a Z-Ring with a Z-Crystal inside.

"He's got a Z-Ring?!" Twilight exlcaimed. "Every pony, watch out!"

"It's no use; you can't defend against this Z-move that I requested on behalf of the Tapus of my world to help get my father back." Rex said before he activated his Z-Ring and the crystal inside. Rex began making motions before suddenly Zangoose went zipped right up to Gilda.

"What the--" Rainbow Dash said. Before any pony could do anything, Gilda was knocked up into the air and then repeatedly hit by what appered to be a bunch of chops from many angles, before the Zangoose pulverized Gilda into the ground. Gilda was injured and made unconcious. Not dead though, just injured and unconcious. "B-by Queen Faust, that's powerful." Rainbow Dash said.

"Consider this battle a draw for now. Obviously, your not ready to take on my true strength yet. But next time, we really will finish our battle properly." Rex said before turning back into a pony with his device and walking off with his Zangoose close behind; Sparky soon going after them.

Just how strong was Rex's Zangoose really? It had to be crazy strong if it could do this with a Z-move. No wonder it was his real ace.

PreviousChapters Next