• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 6: Episode 6 - Prelude to the Test (Easter Madness 2024)

"You seriously want me to prepare equestria for a large scale invasion force?" Shallor asked Twilight. It was only a mere few hours later from when Twilight and Flash Sentry wanted to convince Shallor to prepare equestria for an invasion.

"Look, your on about making sure the darkness doesn't get a lot of power right? So, you should help us." Flash Sentry said.

"I could...on one condition and one condition only." Shallor said.

"Okay...what do are you going to ask for in return now?" Twilight asked. Over the past few months, whenever one of the ponies around Ponyville wanted to ask a favor of Shallor, he would always ask for something in return. And it always varied, though it always seemed to be at least an equivalent exchange for whatever it was the Ponies were asking for in the first place.

Shallor pointed at Twilight suddenly. "If you want my help in defending Equestria, you and your friends are going to have to pass my final exam." Shallor said.

"Wait...wait what?!" Twilight suddenly exclaimed.

"Are...are you insane?! They may not be ready for such a thing." Flash Sentry said.

"That's not your place to say. It's mine." Shallor said. "Just know that if you fail to pass, Eqeustria will be doomed to this tyrannical menace unless you find some way to stop it on your own. Which you won't, trust me on that."

"I'd rather take my chances with finding a solution without your help then!" Flash Sentry said.

"No. I'm taking the risk. I know it'll cost us some time we could use to prep otherwise, but I don't want there to be any doubts here." Twilight said. "You want me and the girls to pass you exam? Then we'll take your exam."

"Heh. I was hoping you'd say that. Just don't expect me to pull any punches. You and your friends have three days to prepare yourselves for my final exam. During which time, you won't see me around Ponyville while I pick out a location for my Final Exam to take place. For it will be a true test of your skills, a Final Trail." Shallor said. "And you have accepted the right to the Final Trail."

Suddenly a V burn mark appeared on one of Twilight's legs. "What the...what's this?" Twilight asked.

"That is the mark of the Final Trail. By accepting the Final Exam, you have accepted the right to attempt The Final Trial. You best start preparing. You and your friends only have three days to get ready after all." Shallor said before he suddenly vanished into a purple fire that he conjured up.

"T-twilight..." Flash Sentry said.

"It's alright Flash. This Final Trial thing won't do anything bad. This is just the way Shallor likes to do things it seems. We shouldn't worry about it too much." Twilight said. "I have full confidence in me and my friends to pull this off."


The Elements were already making their preparations upon being told about Shallor's Final Exam. As it turned out, Twilight wasn't the only one who received the mark of the final trial; Sunset, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity all received the mark as well.

Still, the seven ponies had no time to waste: They needed to get started on their training and reviewing everything they know in preparation for Shallor's Final Exam.

Pinkie Pie was doing things that made some fun out of the skills they learnt.

Fluttershy got her animals involved. Even Angel was willing to help out. Butterscotch too. (The story of why Butterscotch is still there, will be revealed at a later point in time.)

Rainbow Dash got the Shadowbolts to assist her, though there was one day where Derpy fell out of the sky with a letter from the Cargo Cult that Night Wing and Sunset helped out some time ago that had the Golden Seal (S66) of Princess Luna.

"Ah, a letter from Princess Luna. It's basically a report on how she and her sister are helping the Cargo cult understand things from beyond their little neck of the woods." Night Wing said. "I should go check up on them down the road. After you pass that Final Exam Rainbow Dash."

"Heh. I won't fail you, Captain!" Rainbow Dash said.


Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, and Sunset worked together with a training regimen that was testing their absolute limits.

This continued for the entire three days up to when the Final Exam would take place.

And after the third day of training, a mysterious purple envolope appeared before Twilight Sparkle. Seeing as how the Envolope had a gray "V" marked on it, she opened it.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I do hope you and your friends haven't been slacking off in my absence. We'll see soon enough just how strong you and your friends have really gotten. Meet me just outside the old Griffonstone Border; the place now turned into a desolate desert by you know who. There, I will conduct the final trail. Spectators are welcome and stands will be provided. But only you and your friends may actually take the trial, Twilight Sparkle. No help from anyone outside of your core group of friends who wield the other elements of harmony. Oh, and just so your aware of this other fact: You won't be allowed to use your friendship laser on me at all during this exam. Using even once is an instant failure. You and your friends must learn the hard way not to not rely on it.

"...Guess it's time." Twilight said.

The group headed for the old Griffonstone Border. Little did they know what Shallor had in store for them. And some ponies, griffons, and even Changelings came to spectate.

"...So, you didn't run away. Good. I was hoping you wouldn't." Shallor said.

"I gotta know something first Shallor: Weren't you at some point known as Shadow Rob?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Shallor suddenly closed his eyes and titled his head towards the skies above. "...No one's called me that name in four hundred ninty-four months to the date exactly." Shallor said. "But the time for talk is over."

"...Wait, why do I suddenly hear boss music?" Rainbow Dash asked.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Gah. The trap caught some random bunny and not the bunny whose been leaving those Golden Eggs behind. But on the bright side, the bunny that is hiding the eggs left behind something that looks mighty important looking. I think I just found my new bait. So while I make a new trap and ready the new bait, would you mind collecting that Golden Egg for me? That should make five if you've been finding all of them up till now. I'm Fairly certain there's only one more left after this.

And yeah. Next chapter update for this story is going to be HUGE.

PreviousChapters Next