• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

Chapters Next
Season 0 Prologue - The Meeting

Two weeks. That's how long it has been since Sunset Shimmer's Half-brother; Sunburst; had gone missing. And this had caused Sunset to be damaged emotionally. And it was visible all over her face and demenor.

And on this day, Sunset was exploring outside the castle grounds for a change, wanting to change her routine up in hopes of finding something; anything really; to take her mind off her half-brother. Which is when Sunset came across Princess Cadence and a purple unicorn filly no less than three years younger than Sunset was.

"Princess Cadence? What are you doing?" Sunset asked.

"Oh, hi Sunset. Even though I'm a princess, I figured I might as well do some foal sitting on the side. This is Twilight Sparkle." Cadence said.

"Do you know Cadence? She's the best foal sittew evew!" Twilight said.

Sunset felt something just then. "Heh. She does seem to do a good job with you." Sunset said. "Where's the rest of your family?" Sunset asked.

"Momma and dadda are off at some food place, while big bwothew is off on his duties." Twilight said.

"Her brother is Shining Armor." Cadence said.

"Wow. Your brother is Shining Armor. That's some brother. He's currently on his way to become the next guard captain from what I hear." Sunset said.

"Yeah. He's my BBBFF!" Twilight said.

"BB what now?" Sunset was confused.

"Big Bwothew Best Fwiend Forever!" Twilight said.

With that, it felt like something within Sunset began healing itself. Her face softened even. "Do you got any other friends? Maybe some other siblings?" Sunset said.

"Nope. Shining Awmow's all I need." Twilight said.

"...He's a cool brother I'll give you that much. But I think you could do with a big sister figure in your life." Sunset said. "I'm only three years older than you, and I feel like seeing as your a fellow unicorn, I could help teach you. Play with you even." She added.

"You'd weally play with me Sunset?" Twilight asked.

"Whatever you'd like to play Twilight, I'm in." Sunset said.

Twilight bopped Sunset's nose. "Then let's play tag. Youw it!" Twilight said before she ran off.

"Hey wait up!" Sunset said before running off after Twilight.

It was at that moment, Shining Armor came onto the scene of Sunset chasing Twilight. "What's Sunset doing with my sister?" Shining Armor said.

"Chasing her." Cadence said.

"I can see that but why?" Shining Armor asked.

"Probably because she felt like being a big sister to your sister." Cadence said.

"...Perhaps then, this will be good for both of them." Shining Armor said.


The two had played together late into the day when the sun began to set and Sunset was sitting down with a bouncing Twilight. "Wow, you sure got a lot of energy in you, kiddo." Sunset said.

"Today was fun. I nevew got youw full name though." Twilight said.

"Well that's on me for forgetting. My name is Sunset Shimmer. Don't forget it now, okay Twilight?" Sunset asked.

"Okay Sunset. Same time tomorrow?" Twilight asked.

"Oh. I have classes tomorrow. I'm in Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns actually. But I'll be back here as soon as classes let up, okay kiddo?" Sunset asked.

"Wow. Youw weally nice then Sunset Shimmew. I hope we meet again." Twilight said.

"Heh. I garentee you we will Twilight." Sunset said and then left.

No one realized that a specific princess had been watching the whole thing: Princess Celestia. "Hmm..." Celestia was contemplating what she just witnessed.


That night, Sunset returned to her room. "Twilight Sparkle. Your quite the special foal, I can already tell. I failed my own half-brother; I failed to be the big sister he needed. But I won't fail with you." Sunset said as she looked at a specific photo.

The photo was that of her mother and Sunset with a baby colt no older than Sunset in some distant run-down town. "And hopefully Twilight, with your help, I can help my mother. Before you know it, you'll be calling me your big sister best friend forever. Or BSBFF for short." Sunset said and then put a photo of her and Twilight that Cadence took next to the first photo. "...I promse you Twilight, I won't fail you. I won't fail anyone anymore." Sunset concluded and then fell asleep.


Outside Sunset's room, Princess Celestia had heard everything. "Twilight Sparkle. Who are you? Before meeting you, Sunset was heading down a dark road. A road I knew she would not return from. I saw the signs. And yet...she decided to focus on you. And you brought her away from that dark road. Just by being you." Celestia said. "Could that mean then that you are the true spark? The one that brings the others together?" She asked. "I suppose time will tell. I thought for sure Sunset would be the spark, but maybe it was Twilight. Then maybe Sunset is that strange Empathy element." She said. "I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and see how Sunset's interactions with Twilight change my pupil. At least, my first one. I already have plans to make Twilight my next one." The white alicorn finished.

"Ray!" Sunset said from inside. Her baby dragon Ray was suddenly snuggling with Sunset. "Oh what the hell. Why not? You can sleep here tonight since your already here." Sunset said and then went back to sleep.

Princess Celestia blinked. Normally, Sunset would prevent Ray from being in the same bed as her, but it seems she is letting Ray sleep in the same bed as his adoptive sister. "Interesting..." Celestia said. "I should take note of this." She added.

Little did the world know that this day would mark a rippling effect across the known timeline. Who knows what further changes will happen from here?


As Celstia began walking back to her room, there were sudden credits going on.

Fimfiction Presents...

Princess Celestia entered her room and the camera shifted to Sunset's room but also split-screened Twilight sleeping in her own bed.

A Rob Snowden Production...

The Scene faded to black.

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers

Chapters Next