• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,174 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,174

PreviousChapters Next
Season 4: Episode 5 - The Lost Child (Pinkie Apple Pie Background)

Author's Note:

Both "Bats!" and "Rarity Takes Manehatten" are being saved to for them to be included in the Sunset Snippits IV chapter where I'll combine all the various moments where Sunset's presence in an episode's plot would change very little if anything at all. However, while this is very much the case with the later, there will be something more with "Bats!" that I want to do that the writers hinted towards but then never went anywhere with.

And then there's "Pinkie Apple Pie". I can't touch this episode with a ten foot pole or Pinkie Pie will hurt me. So instead, I'm having something happen in the background of that episode so I can still do something different.

Future Spike began to write in this ongoing tale once more.

While there was the time Applejack dealt with Vampire Fruit Bats followed by Sweetie's Mother having a near disaster happen in Manehatten thanks to a mare known as Suri Polimare, a couple of days after this later event, that's when Twilight called upon Pinkie Pie to tell her about a familial connection she found between her and the Apple Family. And while she was out and about, something very strange happened.


"So, what do we do while Pinkie Pie is off doing who knows what with the Apples?" Sunset asked.

"You might want to put a pin in all your plans." Raiden said. "Because I just got informed that the Supreme Police Cheif of Lightning City is due to arrive in less then twelve hours."

"Your hometown has a Supreme Police Cheif?" Flash Sentry asked.

"That's mostly thanks to the information I slipped him that allowed the police force to capture all the gangsters, including the Big Four. It just sucks that Marina Mawile got away somehow." Lightning said.

"It's been a while since we've seen the Arcanine in question. And it'll be nice to catch up with him." Raiden said. Suddenly, a strange dog-like creature put his paws over Raiden's eyes.

"Guess who?" The Dog creature asked.

"...Seriously? I'm not a kid anymore. You don't have to do this, Flamer Jackson." Raiden said.

"Plus, Raiden's not the only one here." Lightning said.

"Hmm...maybe I should've planned that out better." The dog creature said.

"It's nice to see you too, Supreme Police Cheif Jackson." Raiden said.

"Please. Right now, I'm off duty. So, you can call me by my actual name. And even if I wasn't, you and Lightning have done more than I have Raiden." Jackson said. "Lightning Town's heroes don't need to stand on ceremony with me."

"Even still, I respect you too much to even think of that. Thanks to you, I was able to get through things while Lightning did his undercover stuff." Raiden said.

"I was only there for you Raiden, because I couldn't be there for Milissa Horris." Jackson said. "I tried to get through to her when the Big Four were captured, but she just wouldn't hear me it seems. That allowed Marina to escape."

"Hold up, whose this Milissa Horris? And what does Marina's escape have to do with her?" Twilight asked.

"I was just wondering that myself." Sunset said.

"...Some mon that deserved better." Jackson said. "It was just after I became the cheif of the police at Lightning town there was a six-year-old Mawile from the Horris household. They weren't influential or anything like that, but the male Mawile of the family was an abuser. Every few days, Milissa's mother would get sent to the hospital covered in bruises. But she'd always give some excuse for them; continuously covering for her husband. Yet, I knew the signs. I'd seen them before in my father's files from his own police days." He explained. "So I decided, that if she was to continue to lie, I'd make sure her daughter would make the truth come to light..."


Lighting Town Police Station; twenty years ago...

A six-year-old Mawile soon came into the police cheif's office. "Am I in trouble?" The Mawile; Milissa; asked.

"No you're not Milissa. I came here to ask you a few questions." Jackson said. "Has your daddy been injuring your mommy on purpose?" He asked.

"Almost every other day. I don't understand why mommy lies though. I want her to stop telling lies. Daddy is not daddy to me." Milissa said.

"So, I was right. Unfortunately, the law states that I need actual evidence, and thanks to your mother's lies, your father has been getting away with this since the day you were born." Jackson.

"Um...Mister Jackson, can I ask a question?" Milissa asked.

"What's up?" Jackson asked.

"If people do bad things...doesn't that make them capable of being a-rest-ed?" Milissa said, her voice making her come off as adorable as she looked; and the way she tried really hard to say "arrested" at such a young age was just adding to that.

"Yes it does Milissa. And I would really like to get that father of yours out of your life once and for all. But I can't do that right now." Jackson said.

"Oh...okay..." Milissa said.

"But, that's why I asked you here." Jackson said and then gave her a toy tape recorder and microphone. "Sure it's only a toy version, but do you know what a wire is?"

"Uh...something that conducts electricity." Milissa said. Bless this young girl's heart.

"Well, that is true, but in the police world, we have the authority to wiretap a suspect's phone to record their conversations. However, I don't have the proper clearence to do that. Which is why, we're going to try a different kind of wiretap method. One so innocent, no one would suspect it." Jackson said.

"So is that what new toy is for?" Milissa asked.

"This may be some fancy toy, Milissa, but you shouldn't try and play with this one. What I want you to do, is the moment you start to hear your daddy come home, and he sounds like he's had a bad day at work, is go into the living room, and from the entrance, record the entire incident for me." Jackson said.

"Yeah, daddy does hurt mommy whenever work doesn't go well." Milissa said.

"And that's why the next time, I want you to be ready to record the whole thing. We won't allow your mother to cover for your father any longer. Will you help me put your daddy away for his crimes?" Jackson asked.

Milissa has such an innocent smile on her face. A face full of hope. "I'll do that for you. You would make a much better daddy then fake daddy. I'll go prep right away." Milissa said. "Oh, I made this for you." She said and handed over a drawing.


Golden Oaks Library, Present Day.

"For twenty years I've carried that drawing she gave me. I still believe I can save Milissa. Save her from Marina." Jackson said.

"Marina's got Milissa hold up somewhere doesn't she?" Lightning asked.

"Yeah...yeah you could say that." Jackson said and as he left, he suddenly dropped a piece of paper that was drawn on.

"Wait Jackson, you dropped--shoot he's gone." Raiden said.

However, the drawing Jackson dropped was clearly a child's drawing, with a Mawile with the world "me" above it, a second one with "Mommy" above it, and an Arcanine with the word "Cheif" above it. But the word "Cheif" was hastily scribbled over and replaced by two words above it.

"New Daddy"

To Be Continued

PreviousChapters Next