• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 5: Episode 2 - Stormy Skies Part 1 (The Cutie Map AU))

Twilight closed the book she had gotten from Lightning. This was around five hours before the Friendship Games would start up in the Human World. "Wow, the humans sure did a lot." Twilight said.

"Yeah. Z Crystals are probably the only true accisable thing. While they were originally exclusive to the islands of the Alola Region, Arceus convinced the Tapus to allow the crystals to be more wide spread to the rest of the world. The day long recharge is a consequence of that process though." Lightning said.

Soon the rest of the main six and Raiden entered. "So, why'd you need me to round up the rest of the girls again?" Raiden asked.

"I was hoping that, with my friends help, we'd finally be able to figure out what this map is for." Twilight said.

"True. This holographic map of all of Equestria is something else." Lightning said.

The girls began to sit down as Bart & Minx entered too. "I've got a system in place in case we need to go somewhere far." Fluttershy said.

"That's Fluttershy, always prepared." Rainbow Dash said.

Once the ponies sat down in their respective seats though, suddenly the thrones all glowed and then, holographic versions of their cutie marks started flying over the map. "Whoa! What's this?" Twilight asked.

"Facisnating. It seems to be a detection system of some sort." Lightning said. "Father said humans used these all the time."

"Are we ever going to meet this father of yours?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I've been wondering the same thing myself, actually." Raiden said. "You've never once told me who your father is. You always tell me he's still alive, unlike your mother." He added.

"Maybe someday I'll introduce you." Lightning said. The holographic images stopped over a small town.

"Huh. Wonder why our cutie marks are there, when we are in Ponyville." Pinkie Pie said.

"Maybe we should go there to find out." Twilight said, pointing to the place in quesiton.

"Hold up there, Princess, your not going without Lightning or I there with you." Raiden said.

"Why? I don't need a baby sitter." Twilight said.

"The place on the map your being summoned to...that's our hometown, it's Lightning Town!" Raiden said.

"Wow. We're actually going to be going to Lightning Town?! Sweet!" Rainbow Dash asked. "Don't see why Twilight needs to bring you and Lightning along to see your hometown though."

"For once, Ah agree with RD: Ah can't see a reason why you two need to accompany her; she's got her friends with her." Applejack said.

"Because Lightning Town has a strict anti-royalty policy; your position as a Princess means you hold no authority there. Even with the mafia gangsters gone, there are a few 'mons in that town who wouldn't hesitate to injure a visiting royal of any sort. The only one whose become safe from that is Throsten, but that was because he exposed the truth about Lightning's undercover work." Raiden said. "Which in turn, rekindled our friendship like it never left in the first place."

"He was only a Prince still at the time, and he wanted to prove to his entire family once and for all that he wasn't like he was before. He did that and then some." Lightning said.

"Woof..." Twilight said. She had much more respect for Throsten now.


The gang soon arrived on the outskirts of Lightning Town. On Raiden's guidance, they were going to stop at an orphanage outside the City Limits that was part of the Lightning Strike Orphanage Chain to check in on it and it's caretaker a female Alolan Raichu named Rain. However, the group soon found a familiar Manectric standing guard outside the orphanage: Cheif Marison, the one that brought the file on Raiden's Grandpa.

"Ah ha! Caught you!" Marison said, pointing a paw at Sunset.

"What?" Sunset asked.

"I knew you'd come to this place soon. Reports of an orange unicorn who looks just like you has been going around terrozing the children of this town. Well, that stops today. You are hearby under arrest." Marison said.

"You've got the wrong Unicorn, Cheif Marison." Raiden said.

"Look, no offense Raiden, but whose to say it isn't her?" Marison asked.

"I am." A new male voice said. Suddenly a male Luxray appeared. He looked like an older version of Lightning. "Because she can't be in two places at once." He said.

"M-mayor Sentry...what do you mean she can't be in two places at once?" Marison asked.

"Because while your here, about to falsly arrest this Unicorn Mare, I just recieved word that the unicorn responsible was spotted near the old in-town orphanage terroizing a few of the children. Several officers tried to detain him, but he got away from what I heard. And that oprhanage is a good thirty minutes from here. And that JUST happened a minute ago." The Luxray said.

"Oh..." Marison said.

The Luxray turned to Lightning. "And isn't this a treat? You don't call, you don't write...we'eve never even interacted with each other since that day I chose your safety above all else." The mayor said.

"Yeah...I should probably do better then this huh. I should really let go of that, since you were actually being a good father and doing what you thought would be better for my safety in the long run, rather then being the mayor." Lightning said.

"You know the mayor?!" Marison exclaimed.

"I was about to ask a similar thing." Raiden said.

"...Raiden, Ponies...this is the mayor of Lightning Town, Mayor Flash Sentry." Lightning Said. "...And...he's also my biological father."

All the ponies were stunned. "Wh-WHAT?!" Every pony and 'mon outside of the father and son suddenly shouted at once.

"Wow, not even my Pinkie Sense saw THIS doozy coming." Pinkie Pie said.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

SURPRISE! In this universe, the Pony World's Flash Sentry is not a Pony, he's a Luxray, and the Mayor of Lightning Town.

So where you surprised? Where you? Where you?

PreviousChapters Next