• Published 23rd Nov 2022
  • 3,172 Views, 309 Comments

My Little Pony: When Friendship Shimmers - Reboot - RobtheMorpherPony



What if Sunset Shimmer became a surrogate sister to Twilight Sparkle?

  • ...
8
 309
 3,172

PreviousChapters Next
Season 5 Prologue - Pre-Friendship Games

Future Spike hovered his writing quill over the book again. This next part was difficult for him to write down, due to how messed up things would get in this part.

But steadying his resolve, Future Spike began writing again. What happened next was something none of us were prepared for. Not even Princess Celestia could've seen something like this coming. Such an innocent gift...tainted by something otherworldly beyond belief. I am getting a head of myself though... was written down.


Twilight was thinking back to that point when she had went to the human world three days before her staged wedding with Flash Sentry in order to stop the suitor requests coming enmass.

She had received a message from H Applejack that a group of girls called The Sirens had come to the school and were utilizing magic.

So Twilight went over, and that was when she had heard about how Sunburst basically went AWOL.

Sunset was back now with Starlight. This couldn't wait right now. "Sunset, we need to talk." Twilight said.

"What's up?" Sunset asked.

"It's about Sunburst. I know I told you he went missing, but Principal Celestia; the Celestia from the human world; put the word out and just got back to me. Not a single being from that world has seen neither hide nor hair of Sunburst since his defeat that one time." Twilight said.

"So Sunburst is missing. Again." Sunset said before sighing. "No one dare tell my mom about this. If they do, not even I might be able to stop her from killing herself over Sunburst going missing this time."

"Isn't that a bit dark?" Starlight asked.

"She was starving herself to death. Whose to say she won't try a quicker solution if this gets back to her?" Sunset asked.

"...Point taken and received." Starlight said.


Meanwhile in the human world, the human version of Sunset Shimmer was going through Crystal Prep School hoping to get to Instructor Rex's personal off-campus labatory to talk with him today, when sounds of a Pokemon battle could be heard coming from that location. "...Let me guess, Principle Cinch has decided to try and defeat Instructor Rex in a Pokemon battle today?" H Sunset asked.

"Seems that way." One of the students said.

H Sunset managed to come up on the lab just as the battle ended. There, she saw Principle Cinch practically on her knees in pure defeat. "That's your third loss in a row Cinch. I've told you before, your not capable of ever defeating me." Rex Lauren said as he walked up to his currently active Pokemon, which Sunset recognized right away as a Zangoose.

"I...I thought that Smeargle was your ace...I mean...that's what makes the most sense!" Cinch said.

"You thought wrong. You really thought you could force me to stay with Crystal Prep with a battle Cinch. And you know that's the only thing I take at face value. But you've dug your grave enough these past few years. You should be thankful I don't trust the justice system, otherwise you'd be loosing your job faster then your school wins the friendship games." Rex said.

"Your seriously going to accept that job offer from Canterlot High?! They don't deserve someone of your talents." Cinch said.

"Sometimes, those that don't deserve something, get that something they don't deserve. That's the way it goes, Abacus Cinch." Rex said. "I'm transferring to Canterlot High following the conclusion of the Friendship Games, and that's final."

"...Fine. I just need your protoge to do me one little favor first." Cinch said. "I know about her studies into the magic that's coming from that school. And I...I want to give her something that might help those studies."

Rex cocked an eyebrow. "This is new, coming from you, Cinch. I never pegged you as the type to accept something like that at face value." Rex said.

"Who said I am? Besides, if it turns out there never was magic coming from there, then that's a closed book scenario, don't you agree? But if there is magic there, and they use it to cheat at the friendship games, that's a really bad look for them." Cinch said.

"You even try to shut down the school Cinch, or even get it's funding pulled, and you can bet your sweet ass that I will turn over all the evidence I've gathered on you over to the authorities. So don't even try to do that." Rex said.

"Fine...but all the same, I'm curious to see if your protoge can understand that magic. It might be something to look into." Cinch said.

"This doesn't change anything, Cinch." Rex said.

"I've already given her a gift that'll help by the way. I expect you and the two sisters to be at the Friendship Games as attendees." Cinch said before leaving.

"...She never learns, does she Instructor?" H Sunset asked.

"No. No she does not. Did you get your mom to sign those transfer papers I sent with you last night after class?" Rex asked.

"She couldn't sign them fast enough." H Sunset said, handing over signed papers. "It's almost like she was waiting for such a tranfer. The fact that your funding the transfer of both me and Twilight is something else."

"You've been putting in just as much work of learning how to use Pokemon move pools to your avatange. Speaking of, is that Terrastilization study paying off?" Rex asked.

"I still need to do a few more tests. Considering how much this project would mean for you and your father Sparky if I get it to work right, I want to make sure it's the best it can be." H Sunset said.

"That's what I like to here." Rex said, as the two entered the lab to find a human version of Twilight in a science outfit there with a familiar Snorlax.

"Rex, are you sure you want to trust Abucus Cinch's device?" H Sunset asked.

"It could prove useful. It might even lead to a breakthrough on the Terratilization studies." Rex said. "So be ready Twilight."

"I'll be ready sir." Twilight said.

PreviousChapters Next