• Published 2nd Oct 2022
  • 337 Views, 4 Comments

How to Forget Happiness - LyraAlluse



Moon Dancer has created a guide on how to forget happiness and in the process discover something more meaningful.

  • ...
1
 4
 337

Epilogue: All’s well that Ends Well…I Mean More Crap for You to Read

Epilogue: All’s well that Ends Well More Crap for You to Read

It’s me Moon Dancer again. I hope you found my guide useful. I wish that I had a guide like this when I was growing up. I’d be lying if I said it was an easy guide to follow, but I have faith you can do it. I think Eriskay Princely records are a little cheaper these days. Journals are expensive, but you can always keep an electronic one. Poetry is a good gateway into writing, but imagination is even better.

If you happen to get this guide later in life, follow the guide step by step anyway. Make them your own steps. Use whiteout liberally. Insert your own experiences and solutions. By the time you are done, I want to see a whole new book.

One with you as the author. One I can sign when you are handing out copies at a book convention somewhere. The one that has my name crossed off at the bottom and has yours inserted instead. Oh and a new title, ripped off from the last line of my guide. “All of the Reasons I found To Forget Suicide” by aspiring author one.

Let’s open a whole library of books for everypony to read. All of those experiences. All of that white out. All of those ripped-off titles, ones taken from the other. The same stories told over and over again with whiter and brighter pages. And then, mine at the end of the library. Old, shabby and forgotten. Outdated and misused. Useless to those who have already read the other five thousand copies in their various forms.

And now you’ve learned all of the ways to forget happiness. But that’s okay. It’s part of the process. In the mix of everything, you gain something more. You learn to rely on yourself and others. You learn how to truly love. You learn how to perfect the magic of friendship.

Comments ( 4 )

Fuck this was ride man. Thank you for writing it.

11402051 Thank you for reading my story. It is very much appreciated. :)

I don't usually comment, mostly just a silent reader

Some of the parts written resonated me the most, and now I'm questioning if what I did in my life was right or wrong.

11682835 Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate it very much. I hope you enjoyed the story even though it has kind of a sad tone to it.

Login or register to comment