• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 4,710 Views, 44 Comments

Dear Diary... - Brony4L1fe90



A unicorn's diary entries reveal her growing feelings for a certain Earth pony farmer.

  • ...
3
 44
 4,710

Happy Together (Entry #15)

Dear Diary,

Sorry to not write to you last night! As you remember me writing about in the last few entries, last night was the big day I had been looking forward to! Last night I had joined my marefriend and all of my friends in a wonderful day at the carnival. It’s been forever since I’ve last been to a carnival, and I gotta say, it was much more fun than I expected. Why haven’t I gone all the other times it’s been in town? I mean I know that I used to be so busy studying magic and friendship and all, but...it was just so wonderful to have that day with the girls. Want to hear how it went?

* * * * *

After what had seemed like an eternity to Twilight Sparkle, the opening day for the town carnival had arrived at last. Twilight had made sure to wake up right at the break of dawn so she could get herself completely ready for the whole day. Although Applejack and Twilight had previously arranged to go alone after their picnic date, they both thought about it and agreed that the day would be much more fun if it involved all of their friends. Today, all six of them were sure to enjoy all the rides, games and food that the carnival had brought along.

Twilight Sparkle continued to fuss with her hair in her mirror, making sure that her mane was just perfect for the day, even though the day’s plans had involved nothing formal. Once she had finished, she walked downstairs to prepare herself some hay cereal; if they were to spend their day at the carnival, Twilight had planned to save most of her appetite for the various food products that would be sold there.

In the middle of her meal, there was a knock on the door. “Spike, can you get that please? I’m in the middle of breakfast,” Twilight asked politely. The young dragon groaned as he got off the couch where he was previously resting comfortably on, and jogged over to the door to answer it.

“Oh, hi Applejack!” Spike greeted the pony at the door.

“Howdy, Spike, is Twiligh’ around?”

“Yeah, come in,” Spike said, stepping aside to let the orange pony inside, then showing her towards the kitchen where Twilight was eating her breakfast. As Applejack stepped in, she could see Twilight caught up in a book all about astrology, as a spoon of hay cereal floated into her mouth. Once Twilight started to chew on the food, her eyes strayed away from the book to see her marefriend standing right in front of her. She was so surprised yet happy to see her, the combination of which caused the spoon, along with a few bits of cereal, to drop from her mouth.

“Applejack!” Twilight greeted her happily after swallowing the food in her mouth, getting up from the table and running over to Applejack to give her a soft hug.

“Howdy, sugarcube, sorry ta come by so early, just figured ya might have been up early too,” Applejack said to her.

“No reason to be sorry, you know I’m always happy to see you!” Twilight said sweetly, giving her a kiss before returning to her meal. “Besides, it’ll save me the trip over to your place.”

“Thinkin’ of it, how’re we meetin’ up with everypony else?”

“I pretty much told all of them to meet us at the entrance,” Twilight answered. “We should leave here within the next half hour or so to get there in time.”

“Well alrigh’ then, mind if Ah make myself at home then?” Applejack said, taking up what was previously Spike’s resting spot before Twilight could answer. Twilight giggled in response, especially when Spike moaned to notice that Applejack had taken up the couch, instead returning to his room to read one of his comic books.

Twilight Sparkle finished up her last few bites of cereal and placed the dishes in the sink to wash later upon returning home. She then walked back into the main room of her library home, where Applejack was resting on a chair, with something in her hooves. Twilight shook her head for a second, thinking that what she had just seen wasn’t real. But once she got another good look, she realized what she had seen was true.

“Applejack…is that…a book?” Twilight asked in surprise.

“Yep, nothin’ fancy, just a book of random facts and stuff.” she answered back. Twilight couldn’t believe that Applejack was reading and she actually showed great interest in the book she had.

“I didn’t think you were into reading!”

“You’d be right sug, but after all yer fancy sciences you told me about, Ah was mighty impressed, and Ah kinda wanted to be more like you, so Ah found this book and gave it a try.”

Twilight felt warm inside after hearing that her marefriend had wanted to be just like her. “What kind of facts anyway?” she had asked.

“Uhh, ‘bout these ponies who are the best in Equestria at stuff, like stackin’ apples, or most trees bucked in an hour, or…”

Twilight lost focus after a while as Applejack continued her list of records she read from her book. She thought a book on scientific facts or historical facts may have been more interesting, but Twilight was still happy nonetheless to see her love so into reading regardless of what the material was.

“…and, my favorite, most mugs of apple cider chugged in—“ Applejack soon stopped her list when she noticed the time on the wall. “—Oh, Ah think it’s time ta go soon, ain’t it?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at the time as well. “Nah, we still got some time…but until then, mind if I read with you?” Twilight asked. Applejack smiled and scooted over a little to give Twilight some room. She sat right next to her marefriend and looked at the book she held, which was filled with pictures and information about a bunch of random world records.

“Heh, take a gander at this, Twi, ‘Most apples juggled without magic by a single pony: 15’!”

Twilight giggled a little to herself, as Applejack would only point out the apple-related records within the book. She didn’t care much though; Twilight soon cuddled up against Applejack, resting her head on Applejack’s shoulder as she looked at all of the records in her book. Twilight felt Applejack rest her head against her own in response, then flipping to the next page in the book. Applejack suddenly laughed when she saw the picture on the next page.

“Wow, what a laugh this is, ‘Largest apple pie: 120 inches in diameter’, how in the hay can anypony cook a pie that size?”

Twilight Sparkle would have responded, but was too busy getting lost in the moment, feeling the softness of the orange pony she held onto. Even after being together for only a week, Twilight still couldn’t stop herself from spacing out whenever she was around Applejack, thinking about all the special moments they had together. She couldn’t resist enjoying the feel of her soft coat that she could just fall asleep on, especially after already having done so once before.

The time seemed to pass by as Applejack continued to read off the records in her book, until Twilight had soon realized that it was finally time for the two of them to leave for the carnival. Applejack left the book on the table and followed Twilight out of her home and down the path to the carnival. Along the way, Applejack shared her ambitions of one day taking a shot at breaking one of those records and maybe even end up in one of those record books herself. Although some of the suggestions Applejack gave seemed odd at first to Twilight, such as most apples eaten during a two-mile skydive, Twilight continued to give her support to her marefriend, ensuring she had all of her faith in her. Twilight Sparkle made Applejack promise that, had she tried to attempt such a stunt, she would allow Twilight to be around to catch her if something went wrong.

Once the two had left town, they could see the tall metal structures that were a part of the carnival. Twilight Sparkle hadn’t been to a carnival since she was a little filly, before she had become Princess Celestia’s student, so most of these structures weren’t familiar to her. Only one was recognizable, and it was the iconic ferris wheel that any carnival couldn’t be without. All of a sudden, Twilight Sparkle thought about all of those romantic novels that she had read in the past, some of which involving the main couple of the story sharing their romance at the top of the ferris wheel. She giggled to herself at the thought of Applejack and her being at the top of the wheel, kissing with the sunset in the background.

“Uh, everything alright, sugarcube?” Applejack asked, looking at Twilight with her eyes closed as she giggled to herself.

“Oh! Yeah, it’s nothing dear, just was thinking about some book I read, it’s nothing though,” Twilight assured her. Applejack had then gone back to talking about more records. It wasn’t much longer before the two had approached the gate, where their four friends waited for them.

“Well, about time!” Rainbow Dash said, snickering a little. “What were you lovebirds doing that took so long?”

“Rainbow Dash, please, you’re absolutely embarrassing them!” Rarity said, then smiling at the couple. “I say they look lovely together, and besides it’s only about eight minutes late, it’s not that much.”

“Well, now that everypony’s here, let’s go in before the lines get long!” Pinkie said as she bounced around. All six entered through the gates of the carnival, taking a look at all of the attractions around them. Rides all around them, various games that ponies could play for prizes, different kinds of sweets and other kinds of food for sale; there was so much to do!

“Let’s go on the twisty cups!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

“No way, we should do the bumper carriages first!” Rainbow Dash suggested.

Rarity scoffed. “How barbaric, though I must say I’d be quite interested in looking at what accessories they might have for sale around here before anything else.”

“…why don’t we just do one of the games first...” Fluttershy suggested quietly, hoping to avoid the danger of getting hit by other ponies’ carriages.

“Ah dunno Rarity, Ah kinda like Rainbow’s idea,” Applejack agreed.

“Yes! That’s two for bumper carriages, any objections Twilight?” Rainbow asked, excited to start off with her idea first.

Before Twilight could respond, Fluttershy tried to wave her hoof in the air, quietly saying, “Yes, Twilight, don’t agree to it…” Unfortunately for Fluttershy, Twilight hadn’t heard the poor pony’s cries for refusal, and agreed to the plans.

“Sure! I’ll join in too.”

Fluttershy let out a short squeal of frustration that no pony had heard her, but continued to follow along with the other five, walking in line for the bumper carriages. She watched as the various metal carriages, operated by conducted magic, swerved around a smooth surface, the young ponies steering them to hit the others. Everytime she heard the slamming of two carriages, she let out a tiny yelp in fright that the ponies might have gotten hurt, although all of them were laughing during the ride.

“Yes, we’re next! I call blue carriage!” Rainbow exclaimed as she galloped into the ride, jumping into the carriage. Everypony else found their own carriage, conveniently each one matching as closely as possible to their own color. Once enough ponies were in the ride to fill up each carriage, the gates shut and the carriages were activated, allowing each pony to drive and steer each one. While Fluttershy found herself a corner to hide in, everypony else had their fun by smashing into each other.

Twilight and Applejack would occasionally drive next to each other and share a plan to team up on a certain pony, most of the time the victim being Rarity, as Applejack knew it would easily aggravate the elegant unicorn. Twilight steered away from Applejack while she drove straight for Rarity.

“Oh no you don’t, Applejack!” Rarity yelped, steering away from her. Before Rarity knew it, she had been rear-ended by Twilight Sparkle, who drove off to circle around and get behind Rarity. A visible red could be seen in Rarity’s cheeks as she became flustered, backing up to give herself some distance before charging towards Twilight. “Now you’re gonna get it!” she said evilly as she chased towards Twilight, Applejack laughing loudly in reaction, only to be slammed by Rainbow Dash while she was sitting in place.

“That’s what YOU get for sitting around like that, ya lazy pony!” Rainbow Dash shouted, blowing raspberries at Applejack before being chased by her.

Fluttershy continued to hide in the corner until a sudden force pushed her body forward a little, a random rider hitting her. At that moment, she realized that the ride wasn’t at all dangerous, but actually seemed quite fun. She pulled her vehicle out from the corner, and noticed that Pinkie was driving nearby as she tried to hit Rainbow Dash, chasing her along. Once Pinkie had stopped to try and turn around, Fluttershy drove at about half speed into her carriage, Pinkie Pie’s body swinging a tiny bit from the impact. Fluttershy giggled to herself a little, and then continued to seek out everypony else, her giggles soon turning into playful, evil laughter as she continuously slammed into each one of them, soon going at full speed.

The ride ended a couple minutes later, all six of them getting out of their carriages and laughing at each other as they walked out of the ride, commenting on all the impacts between them throughout. They all soon made their way to the twisty cup ride, the group splitting into three cups, two in each. Obviously Twilight Sparkle rode along with Applejack, while Rarity sat with Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie with Rainbow Dash. Once the ride had started, Twilight and Applejack laughed as they pulled on the center disc with their hooves as hard as they could, getting their cup to spin as fast they could possibly get it to. The two enjoyed the wind in their face as their manes blew around while their cup rotated swiftly. The other ponies did the same, although Rarity and Fluttershy’s cup hadn’t rotated as fast as everypony else’s did.

Once the cups slowed down to a stop, Twilight and Applejack carefully got up and out of the cup, helping each other out as they walked out dizzily. They laughed as they held each other with one hoof, walking over to their friends. Pinkie Pie was visibly feeling a little sick, as Rainbow spun the cup a little too much for her to handle.

“…maybe now might be a good time to sit down and get some food,” Rainbow Dash said with a sheepish grin, guilty about how Pinkie had felt.

The six walked over to the eating area, where all of them found a round table to sit at. Once they picked their table, each of them went to the various stalls to purchase some food. Applejack had used her money to buy food for both her and Twilight Sparkle, getting each of them a caramel apple. Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy each decided to get some of the cupcakes that were for sale, even though Pinkie Pie was sure that the cupcakes she could make would have tasted much better. Rainbow Dash, however, returned to the table with something a little different that the other ponies hadn’t seen before.

“Wow, Rainbow, what’s that?” Applejack asked, pointing at the plate Rainbow Dash brought to the table.

“It’s something called a ‘funnel cake’, it looked good, thought I’d try it out, even though it doesn’t look anything like a cake…” Rainbow Dash tore off a small piece with her hooves and placed it in her mouth, tasting all of the sprinkled sugar on the fried batter as she chewed it, her eyes lighting up from the taste. “Girls, you have to try this!” she said, each pony then reaching over and tearing off a piece for themselves.

“It’s delicious!” Twilight Sparkle exclaimed.

“Undoubtedly tasty!” Rarity agreed.

“It kinda tastes like a doughnut,” Pinkie said with a laugh, tearing off another piece for herself.

They all continued to eat their foods while continuing to take more of Rainbow Dash’s funnel cake. Once finished, they all decided to try out a few more rides, soon approaching the carnival’s rollercoaster.

“Now wait, I don’t know about this,” Rarity said with a worried tone.

Rainbow Dash let out a muffled laugh through her hooves. “Wait, Rarity, are you afraid of heights?”

“Don’t you remember when you had to catch me during your show in Cloudsdale? I’ve been simply terrified ever since.”

“Now come on, Rarity, don’t y’all get your mane in a bunch, it’s perfectly safe,” Applejack tried to convince her. Knowing Applejack wouldn’t lie, Rarity agreed to give it a try and joined them in the line, though she was still terrified. As the six of them made their way through the line and was soon the next ponies to enter the ride, Applejack whispered something to Twilight Sparkle. Twilight returned a smug smile in agreement, after which Applejack went on to whisper the same words to everypony else, except for Rarity.

Once the six of them reached the front of the line, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash went ahead to sit in the middle row of the wooden rollercoaster carriage, while Fluttershy and Applejack sat next to each other in the back row, Twilight then taking a spot in the front row. Rarity hesitated to get in the car.

“Come on, Rarity!” Twilight called out to her, tapping her hoof on the empty seat next to her. Applejack giggled to herself a little, shielding her laughter with her hooves.

“Absolutely not! Why can’t Applejack sit in the front with you, she’s YOUR marefriend after all,” Rarity whined.

“Oh come on Rarity, Ah know everythin has to be just so with ya, but we’re already buckled in. Besides, Fluttershy thought she’d be safer next ta me, so quit yer fussin’,” Applejack said to her.

“But…” Rarity complained, soon giving up quietly with a sigh. She carefully walked over into the seat next to Twilight, sitting down as Twilight pulled the bar down to their laps. Rarity’s hooves began to shake in nervousness. “…oh, I hope my mane doesn’t get all messed up from this…” she whined to herself, trying to replace her fears with other worries.

Once the carriage started to move, Rarity had immediately held onto the bars for dear life, even though the carriage hadn’t made any drops yet and was simply making its way to the chain lift.

“Yeah! This is gonna be so awesome!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed excitedly as the carriage was pulled up the hill by the chains below. “Have you SEEN that big drop?” she exaggerated loudly to everypony while at the same time trying to stifle a giggle, trying to bring Rarity’s fears back.

“Ah heard somepony fainted at the top after seeing one heck of a height,” Applejack added in, also trying to hide her laughter.

“Stop, stop, STOP!” Rarity shouted, closing her eyes and slapping her hooves to her ears to block out the noise. She had made a fatal mistake at that moment, as she could feel her weight starting to shift once the carriage reached the top of the hill. Rarity’s eyes slipped open a little to see a distant view over the top of the carnival, and even a good amount of Ponyville.

“Oh, dear…” was all Rarity could mutter out before swiftly grabbing the lap restraints and screaming for her life, shutting her eyes as the carriage tipped over the top of the hill and went full speed downward. All the ponies screamed in delight, except for Rarity who continued to scream in fear, as the carriage flew up and down the hills and around the banked turns, the wind driving their manes back and blowing into their eyes. Once the ride ended about thirty seconds later, the ponies laughed at Rarity who still had her eyes shut and her hooves wrapped tightly around the restraints, despite the carriage stopping completely at the station.

“So how’d ya like the ride, Rarity?” Applejack asked as she giggled with the other ponies behind the plan.

Rarity quickly glared at Applejack as they walked out of the carriage. “So YOU were behind all this, putting me in the front seat even though you knew I was scared!”

“Oh quit yer bellyachin’, Ah bet ya enjoyed it deep down,” she responded back with a smile. “Ya gotta face yer fears sometime after all.”

Rarity thought about the moments during the ride for a few seconds. The high drop did seem intimidating, but she realized that some of it might have been fun. “Hmph. I suppose. Anyway, with that over with, why don’t we see what kind of fun stuff they have down this way?” she suggested, pointing a hoof toward one pathway of the carnival after exiting the ride. The pathway was lined with various tents and stands, each one hosting a different kind of game.

Twilight noticed one of the games that seemed simple enough, and called Applejack over to join her. Twilight was confident she could win at this one. She thought to herself, how hard could it be to knock over a couple of bottles with a baseball? She handed the carnie a couple of bits in trade for three baseballs. Since magic was against the rules for the game, Twilight had to use her own strength; carefully concentrating on the center bottle of the stack, Twilight reared her arm back and threw the ball as hard as she could…completely missing the triangle of bottles.

Applejack bursted out in laughter. “Wow, sugarcube, Ah’d no idea if yer aimin’ for the bottles or for the poor carnie,” she joked.

“Alright, alright, that was just a warm-up,” Twilight assured her, picking up the second ball. Once again, she concentrated on the same spot and tossed the ball, this time the ball actually striking a bottle, but only knocking the top bottle of the triangle off. The carnie then re-arranged the stack for Twilight’s final throw. Loosening up on strength a little to concentrate more on accuracy, Twilight carefully threw the ball. Almost all of the bottles had fallen that time…all except for the bottom middle one.

“Aw shucks, nice try Twiligh’, but…let me show ya how us farm girls get it done,” Applejack offered. Twilight generously gave the carnie a couple more bits before Applejack could grab some of her own, letting Applejack take over. Applejack picked up one of the balls and concentrated on the neck of the bottom center bottle, hoping to not only strike the bottom bottle but the two bottles in the middle as well. With all of her strength, she hurled the baseball towards the bottle, all of them falling except for that same center bottle.

“What the hay, Ah hit it dead on!” Applejack complained as the carnie reset the triangle of bottles. She growled and picked up the next ball, aiming for the same spot but still having no luck. Applejack scoffed and muttered, “This thing must be rigged!”

Twilight had an idea. “Wait, Applejack, let me throw the last one, I think I know how to get them all to fall!” Applejack handing the ball over to Twilight, she changed her aim so that instead of throwing to hit the center bottle, she aimed to hit the rightmost edge of the bottom bottle on the right side. With every inch of strength in her body, the ball was tossed at full speed into the targeted bottle, the force causing it to strike the other two bottles and push them off of the stand, and then causing the other three bottles to collapse downward to the ground.

“We have a winner!” the carnie cried out as he pulled a string to ring a bell. Applejack let out a happy “yee-haw!” for Twilight’s victory. When Twilight was given the choice, she immediately knew what prize to pick; Twilight picked out a stuffed gray unicorn plush for her prize. It even came with markers so that a cutie mark could be drawn on it! Twilight received her prize and then handed it over to Applejack as they walked away from the game.

“Wha…it’s for me?” Applejack said in a flattered tone, as Twilight nodded to her. “Why, thank ya kindly, sugarcube, Ah’ll take good care of it,” she said as she hugged Twilight. Twilight Sparkle already had her own doll which she was already satisfied enough with, so she knew that winning the prize for Applejack would make for a nice way to make her marefriend happy.

Three of the four ponies soon caught back up to Twilight and Applejack, each of them talking about the various games they had enjoyed playing, although none of the three had won any prizes. Twilight looked around though, looking for the last member of their group. “Where’s Fluttershy?” she asked.

“Uhh…” Rainbow Dash let out, turning around to finally see her, “…she’s trying to keep up with us.”

Twilight Sparkle had soon noticed the yellow pegasus struggling with her prize; somehow she had won an oversized stuffed animal of a bunny, that was twice her size! It wasn’t the weight that was a problem for her, but more so the size; if she were to carry it in her hooves, she wouldn’t be able to see where she was going with it, so she ended up having to try to balance it on her back as she walked slowly. A couple of the ponies laughed from the sight, while Rarity walked over to Fluttershy and offered to use her magic to help and carry the stuffed bunny.

After completing most of the games, the ponies had almost seen all that there was to see. Before they knew it, the sky started to change from a bright blue to a brilliant red as the sun started to set.

“Well, I don’t know about everyone else, but my hooves are positively achey from all this walking,” Rarity complained. “I’d say it’s almost time to get going anyway, it’ll be night any time now!”

All of the ponies had agreed, but Twilight Sparkle quickly interjected. “Actually, you girls go on ahead, Applejack and I still have one last ride to go on.”

Applejack was about to ask what Twlight had meant, but the other ponies, along with an oversized stuffed rabbit, were soon on their way towards the exit. Twilight held Applejack with one of her hooves and walked her along down the pathway towards the rides.

“Ah dun get it, Twi, what was left to ride?” Applejack asked.

“That,” Twilight Sparkle responded, pointing to a giant wheel that slowly circled around.

Applejack watched the wheel slowly rotate for a few seconds. “Why though? That ain’t any bit excitin’,” Applejack commented.

“Just trust me, dear, it’ll be fun,” Twilight convinced Applejack with a smile. Applejack decided to give it a try anyway, if it would have pleased Twilight to go along with her. Once the two made it through the line, the two took their spot in the empty carriage waiting for them at the bottom of the wheel. The lap restraint then lowered down to their laps as the wheel continued to rotate upward, the two soon seeing a wondrous view of the sun setting behind their town of Ponyville.

“Ain’t that a pretty sight,” Applejack said softly as their carriage continued to rise, staring off into the sunset.

“It is…isn’t it?” Twilight had then said, then turning to look into Applejack’s eyes. Twilight had remembered riding in a ferris wheel when she was really young, riding in it with her parents. When Applejack looked back at Twilight, the two of them smiled dreamily at each other. It was then Twilight realized how much fun a ferris wheel truly is when you get to see such wonderful sights with a pony you truly love.

Their bodies suddenly shook as the carriage stopped rising, the wheel stopping to let other ponies on at the bottom. During that moment, with the sunset in the background, Twilight and Applejack had found theirselves lost in a beautiful sunset, as well as in each other’s eyes.

“So this is why y’all wanted me on this ferris wheel doo-hickey,” Applejack said softly, then bringing her hooves over Twilight’s shoulders. Twilight Sparkle had let out a little giggle in response; she couldn’t help but enjoy the way Applejack had talked at times. Twilight had then brought her hooves around Applejack’s waist, as the two inched closer to each other.

“Ah’m mighty glad you’re here with me, sugarcube…Ah love ya,” Applejack whispered softly to Twilight as she moved her face closer to Twilight’s.

“I couldn’t wish for a better pony to be with, Applejack…I love you too,” she whispered back, moving her head in the rest of the way to kiss her marefriend, showing her every bit of love she had for her in that kiss.

Their bodies shook a little once again as the wheel started to rotate, the two still continuing their kiss as the carriage soon reached the top of the wheel and started to lose altitude afterward. Their kiss quickly became passionate, as their mouth’s opened up against each other and allowing each other’s tongues to roam around, the two soon meeting and sliding around each other. Both of their hooves wrapped tighter around each other as they pulled their bodies close, feeling each other’s soft coat as their kiss became more intimate. Twilight could feel Applejack’s hooves softly rub her upper back and neck, the massage causing her body to melt in satisfaction; Applejack had felt the same feelings of bliss when she felt Twilight’s hooves caress her back. Eventually the two had softly broken their kiss to return to a loving gaze in each other’s eyes, remaining in each other’s arms, as the carriage made its way to the bottom.

The sky soon faded to a darker blue once the sun was completely below the horizon, as Applejack and Twilight made their way out of the carnival, starting on the path back to Ponyville. The sounds of the busy carnival soon faded away as they made their way down the path, but a yawn could then be heard. Twilight had heard her marefriend showing the beginning signs of exhaustion from a long day of excitement.

“Getting sleepy?” Twilight asked her.

Applejack nodded in response. “Ah know that once Ah get back home, Ah’m hittin’ the hay right away. Today was fun but all that excitement’s got me all plum tuckered out.”

“Wait,” Twilight suddenly said, “you’re not expecting to walk all the way back to Sweet Apple Acres this late while you’re this exhausted, are you? I can’t let you do that! Just stay the night at my place, I’m sure Spike wouldn’t mind.” Twilight had just now realized she asked the pony she had been dating for only a week now to sleep over, and with the sleeping arrangements she had at home, the two would be sharing a bed with each other, with there being just enough room for the two of them. She knew what she had said might be pushing things a bit too fast.

“Ya know, Twi, that might be a good idea,” Applejack agreed. “Would save me all the walking, and…well…Ah could spend more time with my favorite pony,” she said as she nuzzled Twilight’s cheek softly, then kissing it. Twilight giggled and blushed, finding out that Applejack seemed to have no problem with spending the night with her. This had caused Twilight to have many thoughts about how the night would go: having a nice cup of apple cinnamon tea to end the night with, then the both of them crawling under the covers of Twilight’s bed, only to snuggle up with each other, hold each other, kiss each other, and then enjoy a nice night of sleep while holding each other's hooves. And then the next morning, Twilight would see her love, opening her eyes to see those alluring green eyes looking back right at her.

* * * * *

And that’s exactly how the night went, too! Once we got back to my place, I put a kettle of water on the stove while Applejack sat on the couch, holding onto the plush I won for her and reading more of that book of records. She was just so cute, holding that plush and reading that book, wanting to be like me…it’s so flattering; it gives such a warm feeling in my heart to know somepony loves me so much that they want to be like me too. I’m just glad I finally got to make her that apple cinnamon tea I had wanted to make when Applejack was sick. She really enjoyed it too, and Applejack never drinks tea!

Once we got into bed…well, like I said, it all pretty much went the way I thought it would. We held onto each other, caressed each other, spacing out into each other’s eyes, and, well…you guessed it, there was kissing. Um…a lot of it too. Yeah…I know it’s awkward for you to hear it probably, but hey, you’re the diary, so you have to know everything that goes on in my life! But after the kissing, we kept our bodies close, our hooves together, as we quietly shared our love with each other and wished each other a good night and the sweetest of dreams.

And the dreams I had surely were the sweetest…I promise you I’m not lying about this, but…in my dreams…I saw Applejack in a dress. But it wasn’t just any dress. It was all white, and had a veil on it…yeah. It was a wedding dress. For a pony just getting married. Diary…do you think…Applejack and I might…you know…get married one day? I mean I always dreamed of having a child, but…as long as I’m spending my life with Applejack, I’d still be just as happy, if not happier. I wouldn’t give her up for anything in the world.

Anyway, it’s morning now…I had already woken up, lucky enough to see my love still sleeping right next to me. Once she had also woken up, we had given each other our good morning kisses, and she had offered to go downstairs to cook up breakfast for us. So, I’m using this time now to write my entry. She should be calling for me any minute now anyway, so it’s probably best I wrap this up. But yeah, last night truly was a wonderful time with all of my friends. I really am glad they’re accepting of my relationship with Applejack. I must say, after the living nightmare I had experienced before last week, I’m really glad life is going so smoothly now, especially when I have such a wonderful mare in my life.

Thanks for always being around to listen and being the best diary ever,
Twilight Sparkle

* * * * *

“Twiligh’! Breakfast is ready!” Applejack called from downstairs.

“Coming, dear!” Twilight Sparkle yelled back happily in response, soon re-opening her diary to write one last sentence before running back downstairs to enjoy her meal with her marefriend.

* * * * *

By the way…Applejack might be around here a little more often, so…you better not forget about that threat I made towards you in the beginning, if she finds out any of the embarrassing stuff I wrote to you!

Comments ( 10 )

And with that, the story is now complete! Also yes, I know the last entry is a few numbers off; that's just to show the passing of time is all :twilightsheepish:

And now that I have finally completed this story, I'm off to return to the wonderful world of Torchlight 2. Thanks to all of the readers that enjoyed the story, I'll be sure to write again sometime in the near future! :ajsmug:

I enjoyed this story. However, there were a few mistakes that made me chuckle:

As Applejack stepped in, she could see Twilight caught up in a book all about astrology...

Twilight is interested in astronomy, not astrology. Number one way to piss an astronomer off? Call them an astrologer. Astronomy is studying the skies. Astrology is a bunch of hokum.

Twilight giggled in response, especially when Spike moaned to notice that Applejack had taken up the couch...

This one had me laughing. Spike seems pretty excited that Applejack chose his spot! I'm pretty sure he should be groaning, not moaning. Also, the word order of that sentence is incredibly awkward. "Moaned to notice?"

There were a number of other things like that, just awkward expressions or questionable word-choices. Even so, I definitely enjoyed this one. You have a "thumbs up" from me. (It just occurred to me: isn't it odd that a MLP fanfic site has thumbs up and thumbs down buttons?)

So, much, sweetness! Its--HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG!
I like this story a lot! Keep up the good work! :ajsmug:

I think this is the kind of story the term "guilty pleasure" was created for...really great! ^^;

This story was amazing. I read it through in just one sitting because I just couldn't stop reading. Very cute story:heart:

That was easily one of the cutest TwiJack's I've ever read, good job! :)

Most enjoyable :ajsmug:

The whole idea of writing stories in the form of a series of letters or diary entries is something that I wish I could see more of. The story itself was rather sweet. The only problem I had with it was how Applejack wanted to be like Twilight. The new interest in reading wasn't so much of a problem as how it was told, but this is Twilight's Diary so I guess you could disregard the whole issue due to Twilight euphoria about the whole thing after it all took place. Having the last entry jump to 15, while confusing at first, was a cleaver idea to show progression at the end. By the last entry I was begging for spike or AJ herself to stumble upon the Diary just to see Twilight's reaction. Probably for the best that no one did otherwise the story would be gone as I'm sure Twilight would have kept her word.

Its always nice to see more TwiJack. Overall it was great and a fantastic evening read. Here's to hoping that you'll write something else with these two or perhaps anything else in general, although I fear I'm too late stumbling upon this after its 15 minutes of fame. Anyway, thank you for the story. :twilightsmile:

The story was quite cute, and it deserves the thumbs up . I had enjoyed the idea, and the way you carried them out.
The only reason I'm not favoriting this, is the writing itself. Some typos, some wrong words, some very basic and kinda silly espressions, and other similar things. This story has so much potential! If it was written better, with some nicer pacing and a more... complex use of words and expressions and all, I believe it'd be a fav-worthy story. Anyways, cheers! It was still an enjoyable read

Nice story, good work. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment