• Published 10th Apr 2022
  • 308 Views, 0 Comments

A Siren Rose - Mystic Sunrise



Ever since becoming a siren, Pearl has tried to find a way to be free once more. Perhaps a trip to see the Dragon Queen will help.

  • ...
21
 0
 308

Moving Forward

"Not to ruin the moment. But Sunset and the girls need to know about all of this," Twilight said, finishing her coffee, and hoping there would be more.

Pearl blinked. "Why? I mean, I like them. But we've barely talked every time I've gone to the Human World. It's mostly been other me and her family. Which was weird enough that very first time, let me tell you."

Twilight nodded. A feeling she had as well if she ever met her counterpart. "Yes. But they deserve to know the truth when we return to Equestria." She sighed. "You didn't see them, but I told them to keep an eye on you when you were deep in your siren urges. Thankfully, it never became a problem it seems."

The new alicorn rolled her eyes. So that's why Pinkie had eyed her like a hawk every time they met at Sugarcube Corner, even though she was still her usual friendly and bubbly self and never treated her any differently. "Point. Probably glad to be rid of me. Even if both of me and Fluttershy bonded over Gunpla and Warhammer."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Oh, yes. That game. I don't see what you do in it, Rosie. It's too dark for me."

Pearl's frowned as Twilight glared at her. "Yeah, and? It's a damn game, Twilight. Stop acting like it's real. You know how much Spike loves the Liber Astartes I gave him. Him and Big Mac can't seem to put it down between their O&O sessions." She giggled. "Last I looked? He seemed pretty deep into doing a Salamanders' Legion force. And I know how you've looked at the Ultramarines."

Twilight pouted for a moment, before smiling. "Point and I haven't seen Spike this excited since Shining got him hooked on O&O. I know it's not real, but I can't help it. And I've seen how you painted your models, Rosie. I'm rather jealous if I am being honest. Part of me wants to try it. If only once."

Pearl squeed. Now she was talking. "Great. And it gives me the chance to try something new. I'm kinda getting bored with 40k now. Sis just got her Age of Darkness box last time I was there. Just need to save up the bits, and I've already got a Horus Heresy army idea in mind."

Twilight blinked. That was news to her. She, of course, knew Pearl and her human counterpart treated and viewed each other like sisters, and that the Human World's Cirrus and Stratos treated her Pearl as if she was their own daughter. "Putting that aside for the moment. How do you feel, Pearl?"

Pearl sighed as she poked her gem. "I feel great actually. Now that I don't need to worry about this, I have more free time. And you're going with me. You haven't seen the girls since the Battle of the Bands."

Twilight sighed. That was true, and she kicked herself for it. It was time to change that. "And how does your gem feel?"

Pearl shook her head. "I can still feel this damn thing. I don't think I'll ever be rid of it. Now at least it isn't a constant pain. My urges are gone. For good hopefully. Remind me to murder the Dazzlings if I ever see them again."

Twilight groaned. Not this again. "Pearl. You can't take your own mistake out on them. I told you not to touch it. Of course, you didn't listen to me." She smirked as she poked it. "It does look good on you though."

Pearl pouted. "Fine. Can I take it out on Starlight then? That mare needs to be beaten around the head after the stupid stuff we endured in Our Town. Even though I know I could have spellbound her with my singing. You know I could have, Twily."

Twilight frowned. "No, Pearl. Especially now. You know what a Nightstalker incursion can do. I would almost take an Orc attack or, Shining Ones forbid, an Abyssal Dwarf attack." She touched Pearl's gem, which glowed slightly at the touch. "And I know you could have. But you risked losing yourself completely if you did. We could not take the risk. Starlight's views or otherwise."

Pearl snorted. "So? You heard the nonsense she was spewing. How stupid do you have to be to believe any of that? That's not how the world works. Hell. Even back during the Time of Ice, ponies knew better than that. Probably the only thing the tribes agreed on. Even the Dwarfs agreed there was something to it. And you know how impossible it is to get them to agree to anything good about the rest of the Noble Races."

Twilight's ears fell. They'd had this argument before, and nothing had changed it seemed. "Be that as it may. Starlight came to us. I trust Fluttershy to look after her. I don't care how you feel about her, Pearl, but she is under our protection for however long she needs it. And that is my final word on the matter."

Pearl's ears fell. She knew that when Twily was in this mood, not even she could change her mind as she crossed her legs with a snort. "Fine. But that doesn't mean I have to like it."

Twilight smiled as she stole a quick kiss, earning a blush from her wife. "That's all that I can ask, Rosie. But let's not think about it too much for now. Look around us. We're in a place very few have ever been before. Don't tell me you're not curious as well. Tiamat seems to like you. Though I can't see why Use it."

Pearl smirked as she leaned into the kiss. Now she was talking.

Author's Note:

Okay. So the first bits of the chapter are setting up a potential sequel idea I have floating around my head at the moment. Can't say more than that, for it's still very early in development. So no spoilers.

For anyone who knows Kings of War. Ponies replaced humans in this version. Elves, Dwarves, all of the Forces of Nature factions, and all the Forces of Evil factions still exist as they do in the game itself. Ponies and other races exist in all factions as well.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment