• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 13,105 Views, 616 Comments

What Happens in Terraria - BioChemicalWolfGear



I was playing Terraria when I found a magic mirror that went somewhere...new.

  • ...
54
 616
 13,105

Return of the Sky Lords

I left my room at a brisk pace and walked out into the hall. I looked in both directions, before I wondered into the halls. I reached the spiral staircase and looked over the railing, at the abyss below me. It was no longer dark like it first was, but now it’s bright and blinding at the bottom. I jumped over the railing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna looked at her bed with tired eyes. A long night and a long day of work will diminish any strong-willed pony to a pitiful ball of sleeping flesh. Her hours of sleep grew less and less, like a flower that refused to grow. She stepped out of her shoes at the base of the bed and removed her tiara and placed it on the counter. She flopped into the bed very unladylike and tried to maneuver under her comforter.

A shadow moved around her dark room, but the Night Princess doesn’t notice with her eyes closed.

Luna’s hoof finds a crevice of the comforter to move around, and she slides herself under the covers. She is finally comfortable when her eyes flutter open for a moment to see a shadow move. Luna looks at where the shadow originated trying to make out the shape in the dark. She quickly forgets the incident, her eyes becoming so heavy she couldn’t keep them open.

Luna drifts off into the dark void of her room and into a deep sleep.

She is abruptly awakened by something sliding onto her horn and talons wrapping around her neck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wind slowed to a stop as I leveled out and glided into the hallway from the spiral staircase. Of course it was the Biology Lab that I was destined to enter. I landed on my feet when my glide lost its momentum, walked the short distance to the door and swiftly propped it open.

Radiant was watching the tree with extreme interest. So much so, that he didn’t realize I entered the room.

“Umm, everything ok?”

“WHA! Oh sorry, my master. I was trying to put Rainbow back together. What should her new name be?”

“Her new name?”

“Yes she is the knight of flight, but what is her name.”

“Well… I'm not sure, to be honest. I’ll think about it. You said you were putting her back together?” I asked with a raised eyebrow. “You’re done already?”

“Yes. I’m done adding new organs and glands to her body, and I’m about to put her back together so I can work on her wings.”

Sure enough Rainbow seemed a lot bigger from the last time I saw her. Last time I saw her pulled apart, but it was at the right size so it would be like she’s transformed. In fact, I can see the transformed state of Rainbow Dash through the congruent bark of the tree. But the only pieces that were missing was some skin that was being added. I could see her muscle exposed in her legs and body.

“That’s interesting. I see her wings are also bigger when she’s in her little combat mode. But can she control weather, like I asked?”

“Not only weather master, she can control the sun and moon once she finds a suitable magical source of energy.” Radiant explained happily.

“So another Luna and Celestia. A replacement for the Sun and Moon Goddesses that controls the realm… I like it.” I smiled with malice. “Though, I’d like to keep them around for a while. By any chance, can you give her immortality?”

“Already done, my master.” Radiant bowed.

“Good. I’m off to grab a few books from the storage room.” I respond truthfully.

I turn to leave, but was stopped by a dark figure in the door.

“Darkness?” I asked.

“Yes, my lord. I went to your throne looking for you but-”

“WHERE IS HE!” A female Terrarian stomped into the room swiftly pushing Darkness aside, like and angry child pushing over a mannequin.

It was pretty humorous to see Darkness’s face filled with anger after pulling himself off the ground. Though I didn’t get the time to admire his rage with a smile because Isis put her face between me and my entertainment for the day.

“How dare you make me walk all the way here!”

“Listen Isis-”

“NO! I HAD TO RUN FROM ALL KINDS OF WEIRD CREATURES THAT WANTED TO HAVE ME AS A SNACK! I don’t care how beautiful this world is! I PUT MYSELF IN THIS BODY, SO YOU COULD PROTECT ME! And what do I get? ABANDONMENT!” Isis looked livid.

“Hey, can I buy purification powder?” I tried in a desperate attempt to change the subject.

“Yes.” she replied calmly.

“Oh good.”

*SLAP*

“Now that will be 75 copper.” She smiled like she didn’t just slap me across the face. Or maybe she was smiling because of it.

I saw Darkness get out his phase blade and I motioned him to put it away.

“Wait, hold on.” I open my inventory and realize something. “Dammit I don’t have money.”

*SLAP*

I was side swiped by another hand. “That’s unfortunate.” she said glaring at me. I noticed Darkness’s rage was growing.

“Radiant, are you able to bring Isis to her room while Rainbow rests there?”

“Yes master. Right away!” he answered politely to Isis.

He walked passed Isis and Isis put her right hand under Radaint’s arm and Radiant showed her out the door. Once they went around the corner, I counted to five and went over and closed the door.

“We should kill her after we get the powder.”

“No.” I said firmly.

“But my lord, she insulted you!” he angrily yelled. “She hit you!”

“Yes she did. We fight, we scream, we pound our fists. But we are Terrarians. We fight for every member of our race. Anyone who joins us will live by that law, and so will you. As long as I’m Lord of this castle you will respect your fellow Terrarians and Thanes until I leave. When I’m gone, I don’t care what you do, as long as you don’t harm another Terrarian. Understood?”

He looked like he was about to form a rebuttal, but he stopped and thought it over for a while. “I understand my lord. I’m sorry.” he responded unenthusiastically while looking at the ground indifferently.

I felt I got through to him, so I opened the door to leave.

“Oh, and did you extract any information out of the subject?”

“Yes, my lord. He gave me a list of names after trying for hours of asking the same question in different ways. He was finally able to access his mind and tell me some things about what goes on inside Equestria. Whatever he was a part of it was big. But the ponies that were a part of it, hailed to one pony. Someone high up, but he or she never went into direct contact with the leader. And even the leader in theory doesn’t even know who their working for.”

“Then, that means whatever is going on in the solar and night guard is bigger than I thought. This will get dangerous.”

“I hope not, my liege. Then it will be difficult to uproot if the roots are too deep. And if they are then Celestia will think that you’re trying to remove her military.”

“Then I’m going to have to win her heart in some way… but how...” I left the room with that question on my mind.

I walked into the hallway and took a left. I was facing the spiral staircase while I walked toward it. The light from the staircase itself seemed a bit blinding, but thanks to my eyes already adjusted to the light I was able to make my way into the staircase and looked over the edge into the blinding abyss. I jumped of the railing and pounded my wings skyward. I looked out the skylight to realize the day was longer than it should have been. And it was only just now that the sky started to turn orange.

‘Maybe Celestia and Luna decided to make this day longer. It’s still the summer right?’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia sat on her throne, looking at the fading light coming through the decorated windows. She could sense the moon not rising and she knew that even in sleep an alicorn will be able to raise their respective celestial body without disturbing it. If Luna refused to raise the moon then something is wrong.

“Guard postpone early night time audiences with Luna. I need to have a chat with my sister.” commanded Celestia, as she raised herself from the throne and walked down the golden steps that adorned the small stairway down to the ground.

“Yes, your highness.” replied the gravelly voice of her guard.

She walked down the red carpet and opened the double doors with her magic.

“PRINCESS!” shouted a lone earth pony guard on the other side.

“What’s going on?”

“Princess Luna is missing! A solar guard went to wake her after she didn’t come out of her room, and she was gone!”

“Have you searched the castle?”

“Yes, your highness we searched immediately when we found.” he reached into his golden chest-plate and pulled out a slip of paper. “This.” he finished grimly.

Celestia picked up the paper with her magic and brought it to her face.

“Celestia,

I have your sister, and if you want her back, hand over your throne to me.

Puppet Master”

Celestia lowered the letter from her face, and looked grimly at the text.

‘This doesn’t make sense. Puppet Master and I are on good terms. Given our recent conversation, we were about to become good friends. He shouldn’t need to do this… I must get to the bottom of this.’

Celestia stared at the paper for a few moments, trying to piece together the chain of events. She came to the conclusion that this could be another trick to make her be more hostile toward Puppet Master.

“Guards, get the castle on high alert, and report all suspicious behavior.”

“Yes ma’am!” came the answer from the guard whom brought her the letter.

“No, not you. You’re joining my protection detail to Puppet Masters castle. Don’t attack, unless I give the order.”

The guard looked a bit nervous. “Y-yes ma’am!”

‘Good, if the same tactic is being used here, then this guard is not an actual royal guard. I don’t want him to leave my sight, for now.’

“Good.” she turned to the guards standing at attention by her throne. “Prepare my chariot!” sternly commanded Celestia.

They didn’t respond, but immediately ran off to do what they were ordered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The storage rooms were usually dark and at times unlit. This particular one I happened to find myself inside was very dark because of the spacing between the torches. At one point, I had to take my own torch out to be able to see. I was sifting through the chests in the storage room randomly, until I found the chest I was looking for. It had all the tomes that could be found in the dungeon in the fifth world that was created. The whole chest was full of books.

“There we go!” I said to myself. “If there is a book about time, then it should be in one of these.”

I turned to look down the long hallway of chests, to see a dark figure at the end that was in the shape of a human.

“My lord! Celestia is in the throne room!” it shouted in Darkness’s voice.

“Tell her to wait for me!” I shouted back.

The figure left through the door behind it and I returned to sifting through chests. That was until I found an oddity among the wooden chests. A shadow chest that was still locked. I knew I had a shadow key because I always carry one with me. I unlocked the shadow chest, and peered inside.

A Magic Mirror…

‘The Equestrian Mirror’

I couldn’t believe my eyes. I immediately wanted to use it to explore the new world… or what I assume was a new world. If I was right then this mirror will take me to Terraria. But I need to see Celestia first.

I closed the chest, and looked to my right at the entrance of the storage room. There was another figure there. But it was in the shape of a pony. Of course. I gave chase.

The image evaporated and disappeared.

“The fuck?” I said out loud while I sprinted down the halls to meet the object that was no longer there.

I reached the end and opened the door…

And found... nothing.

I looked at the hallway that attached to this storage room and I looked both ways before I took a left toward the staircase.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia waited patiently while she watched Darkness sit on Puppet Master’s throne with indifference. His expression was hollow and bored, while his posture mirrored his thoughts on the situation.

“You should take this more seriously.” warned Celestia. “My sister is in danger.” she glared at Darkness.

“Your sister can be dead, for all I care. I listen to the word of the Lord and the word of the Lord alone.” he replied to Celestia.

“Hold your tongue! Speak to Celestia with respect!” ordered the guard that warned Celestia of Luna’s disappearance.

“I was created by Puppet Master himself. He is my father and my God. That makes me a prince. Are you sure you want to yell at me?”

“You should be lucky we don’t apprehend you for your crimes right now.” warned the guard.

“Enough! This bickering will get us nowhere. Is Puppet Master coming?” asked Celestia.

“Yes, he’s on his way. He was searching through the storage area for some old books. You know how much I want to destroy you all, right?” he said to the group of six.

The five guards tensed up and Celestia stayed neutral.

“I know you say that because you have to be evil. But why do you hate us?”

“Have to be? There is no such force making me evil, nor am I evil.”

“Then why is your name Darkness?” inquired Celestia, with a raised eyebrow.

“Because I was named that way. As to the reasons why, you’ll have to ask my father.”

The room remained silent after that. Each of the guards except the one that warned Celestia stood stock still, and occasionally looked around with casual interest rather than trained alertness. He at times shuffled his hooves impatiently. Celestia studied him with interest each chance she got.

‘He doesn’t seem to have the discipline of a guard. Maybe he is a spy. I’ll have to see if Puppet Master can get any information out of him. Also check up on the other prisoner.’

The double doors behind them opened with a loud creak.

“Couldn’t wait for our date, I see.” stated Puppet Master.

“I guess not.” Celestia smiled warmly. Much to the nervous guard’s bewilderment. “But right now, it’s a little more serious.” Celestia said her face becoming stern and serious. “Someone has kidnapped my sister.”

“What?” exclaimed the earth pony guard. “Puppet Master did it! We have his ransom note!”

“No, we don’t.” replied Celestia. “Somepony has been making a move against me and Puppet Master, to create an international incident. Puppet Master? Is this your note?”

Puppet Master took the note Celestia levitated over to him. He took one look at it, and set it on fire with green flame, much to the surprise of the five guards and Celestia.

“No it’s not. Luna’s missing?”

“Yes, and I don’t know where she is. Do you have her? I must know.”

“No I don’t. I wouldn't have taken Luna, but instead you, Celestia. I saw the 'demand for land and basically Equestria.' You know I can take Equestria if I wanted. And frankly, I don’t want to manage so many ponies. It’s a bit annoying to hear them complain.” Puppet Master moved past Celestia and toward his throne, where Darkness has already removed himself from and stood at the left of the golden chair with a red padding.

“Well, I’m glad that you find it annoying to conquer Equestria.” Celestia rolled her eyes. “But my sister has been kidnapped, and I want you to help me find her.”

“And I will.” replied Puppet Master, taking his seat on the throne. “But what I don’t get is why aren’t you devastated and panicky right now. Your sister has been kidnapped and you’re taking it like a diplomatic crisis.” Puppet Master asked curiously.

“Well, Luna and I are immortal, and we can’t be killed by mortal means. I’m sure with Luna’s magic she can repel any kind of magic that might separate her from that immortality.” Celestia said simply.

“Unless it’s been blocked by an enchantment.”

“There is no such enchantment in Equestria.” Celestia responded surely.

“Are you sure? I might be able to do something like that to you from here.”

“Only hatred magic can actually block a unicorns magic. For me and Luna however, we aren’t affected by it.”

“May I demonstrate my power?” Puppet Master asked.

“Sure. Guards, don’t react unless my life is obviously in danger.” Celestia said calmly.

“Yes, your highness.” they all said in unison.

Puppet Master lifted his hand toward Celestia’s horn for a few seconds and then put it down. Celestia noticed the guard who brought her the word of Luna’s disappearance was loose jawed with a bewildered expression, staring directly at her horn. Celestia looked up and noticed her horn was now engulfed by a glowing purplish pink crystal. She immediately tried to summon her magic to dispel it and was amazed that she couldn’t.

“How?” she asked with surprise.

“Terrarian magic does not apply the Alicorn Rule.” replied Puppet Master simply.

“Alicorn Rule?”

“Something I made up, when I was thinking on the differences of our magic. Terrarians don’t believe in a higher power. Equestria however, has a set rule where Alicorns are the most powerful beings and they can use powerful magic. Terrarians can learn that powerful magic like it was a simple levitation spell. Also our magic isn’t easily dispelled by you because our magic isn’t wielded from the environment. In fact, we call it something entirely different. Mana.”

“Mana? But that’s what the creators use to create material from thin air! Shortly after they created Equestria, they created Luna and I to control their laws while they fine-tuned the world. Eventually the world was complete and then they gave us the power to control the sun and moon while they created life. Then they kept us away until the tribes united, where Luna and I fell from the sky and ruled the land in eternal harmony.”

“Cool story sis, tell it again.” Puppet Master joked.

“That’s not funny.” Celestia deadpanned. “You wield the power of the gods, and I want to know why!” Celestia felt magic return to her horn and the crystals were phased out of existence by some unseen force.

“Well it’s a long story. One I’ve already told you. But it involves me being a creator. Not a creator of Equestria though. This is all one big mistake that I’m here. But as long as I am, I’ll try to do some good.” Puppet Master answered honestly.

“I’m not sure I follow.”

“We’ll talk over tea. But your sister is important I guess. I’ll scatter my forces across your borders and if Darkness finds anything, then he’ll tell me and I’ll tell you. That’s all I can do for now, until we get Equestria under control. Happy?”

“Somewhat. Oh, and this guard here.” Celestia pushed the guard in front of her forward. It was the earth pony stallion that presented her the information of Luna’s disappearance. “He like the others that betrayed me, presented me with this information. Can you extract any knowledge from him, and find out if he’s loyal?”

“WHAT?! YOU’RE JUST HANDING ME OVER!” yelled the stallion with a horrified expression. He made a break for the exit and the doors swung shut and froze over with a purple crystal.

“You’re not going anywhere. If Celestia thinks you to be a traitor, then I’ll check you out.” said Puppet Master. “Stand before me, or I will be forced to kill you.” he commanded darkly.

The stallion stood in front of the double doors with fear in his eyes, before he turned around and saw the expecting glares from all that were present. He nervously stepped forward, and thirty tense seconds later he was in front of Puppet Master. Puppet Master stood up from his throne and walked forward until he was a foot in front of the stallion, so the guard would have to strain his neck to look him in the eye. He crouched down and took off the guards helmet and placed his hand on his forehead.

“Your judgment was correct, Celestia. He indeed was a traitor, but he’s one of your guards. His family is the price that keeps him in check. They threaten him every day, with the loss of a loved one.”

Celestia gasps in horror. “T-that’s horrible! We must do something to save them!” she announced.

“NO! Don’t make a move like that. He’s not the only one being controlled by those means, and the kidnappers or assassins will act accordingly and assume a guard tipped you off. In turn, they all die. If we cut off the head of the snake, then it will nullify the problem. We will wait until the leader is found, and then we will strike at him.”

“Do you think this will work?”

“I’ve done it before with great results. You get to keep your guards and save many lives if we do this my way. Hell, we’ll avoid open warfare. Oh, and you’ll be happy to know, that Luna never left the castle in the first place.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well they knew it would raise some eyebrows if Princess Luna was dragged out of the castle, so they hid her inside the castle to avoid suspicion. I’m not sure where they hid her, but I do know that this guard knows enough so that they wouldn’t risk moving her out of the castle, on the idea of being caught.”

“That makes sense, but it’s not too useful. It narrows down the search, but what if they have some way to harm her?”

“Not likely. Once war starts between us, it won’t matter if it’s a misunderstanding. There would likely be too much bloodshed for peace to be thought of so early. You’d get caught up with punishing me for my crimes. Or at least defending your ponies.”

“W-what are you going to do with me?” said the shaking traitor.

“Dunno. Maybe corrupt you, and have you fight in my army. It will keep you out of Celestia’s mane. But... I have a better job for you. How do you like the idea of being a double agent?”

“A double agent?” asked Celestia.

“Yes. They have ponies that are next to you every day that work for them. Why not expand our information, by putting ponies we trust into their hooves and get information about them?”

“I like the idea. But how do we ensure his loyalty?”

“Leave that to me.” Puppet Master responded with malice.

“W-what are-AAAAAAAAAAAAH!” The stallion screamed out, as Puppet Master forced his will deep into the stallions mind.

Celestia stood there with a look of indifference. She felt his pain, but he put ponies she cares about in danger by betraying her. Celestia had to use all her willpower not to jump in and stop Puppet Master. When the process was over the stallion turned to Celestia with an apologetic frown.

“I-I’m sorry Celestia, I don’t know what came over me. My family was in danger and I love them dearly, but I shouldn’t have set you aside so quickly.”

“There you go, Celestia.” started Puppet Master. “Though I’d like to see your other guards, so I can make sure they are completely loyal to you as well. Actually, later on we should schedule a time where I basically go through all your guards minds, to find traitors and loyalists.”

“Not that I’m not grateful for what you’ve done, but why help me? You don’t need to listen to me accuse you, and you can easily seal off your castle like you’ve done before, so I can’t do anything about you. But here you stand worrying about me.” inquired Celestia warmly.

“This infiltration of Equestria affects more than just you, Celestia. I want to have a good image just in case I need something from someone in Equestria.”

“I guess that makes sense.”

One by one, Celestia’s protection detail gets a mind sweep by Puppet Master. He clears them and makes them even more loyal to Celestia than originally. Celestia was grateful and she leaves without incident, to search for her sister in the castle that wasn’t as safe as she originally believed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself in the Biology Lab, not even an hour after Celestia’s visit. Radiant had some good news.

“I was able to finish today! Rainbow Dash has everything you’ve wanted out of her. Now all we need is a proper name for her new form, and I can release her.” ecstatically stated Radiant.

Darkness was also in the room, accompanied by Isis. They both wanted to see the unveiling of Rainbow Dash, and her new form. What the group of four didn’t realize, was that corrupt grass was coming in from the floor below. It had already corrupted the grass behind the chamber and was slowly moving toward it.

“Any time now, the process will be complete.”

“Rainbow Dash will become a Sky Lord when she exits this chamber.” I said. “She will rule the skies, and she will be controlled by me. This world doesn’t have long until I’m gone. I believe I found a book about time, and I should be reading that soon.”

“That’s very good my lord. I’m happy for you.” responded Radiant.

“Just so you know, when you leave I’m going to turn myself into a pony and integrate into their society.” stated Isis.

“And I’m glad you will do that. I don’t want to have you associated with us, if I decide to do anything iffy.” I replied to Isis.

“M-master! The chamber!”

I spin around to see the whole thing absorbing corruption like a sponge. It was already half way covered and before we could do anything it was fully covered in corruption.

“Uh, Darkness. Can you control a corrupt Rainbow Dash?” I asked nervously.

“No.” He said calmly.

“Why not?”

“Because I have yet to control the Eater of Worlds. He was powerful. Rainbow is now more powerful than the Eater of Worlds.” he answered, backing away from the chamber as if it would explode. Isis already got the right idea and high tailed it to her room. Radiant was keeping out of the way of the corruption.

“Can you stop it from spreading?” I asked.

“No, but with Isis’s help, I can cure it. I just need money.”

“Then, go sell her some stuff and get purification powder to me!” I yelled and he sprinted out the door. “Radiant, you can keep her inside that thing right?”

“Well...”

*BOOM*

“No.”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Rainbow’s maniacal laughter echoed around the room.

The tree exploded, and only the base of the tree stood undamaged. The top and the center, however, exploded and looked like a peeled banana splayed out on the ground with a turquoise tinted pony in the center that was larger than most ponies.

“Equestria will be mine! And I’ll destroy all those who don’t succumb to the corruption! I AM SKY LORD RAINBOW DASH! CORRUPT PRINCESS!”

“Well. Corrupt Princess is quite a fairy tale name.” I deadpanned.

“YOU WON’T STOP ME!” she bellowed.

She quickly spun around and dashed through the wall, revealing the open sky. Rainbow had now escaped. I ran to the hole in the wall, and prepared to jump out.

“Master, how will you capture her?” asked Radiant.

“…with a great amount of difficulty.” I said smiling back at him. “And maybe a few lives.”

I jumped through the hole and let my wings defy gravity's pull.

Author's Note:

Murphy's law is in effect

Editor's Note: Slightly fewer commas edition!