• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 13,040 Views, 616 Comments

What Happens in Terraria - BioChemicalWolfGear



I was playing Terraria when I found a magic mirror that went somewhere...new.

  • ...
54
 616
 13,040

The End

I stood in the center of the semi-circle of onlookers. Celestia, Luna, Hunger, Celldric, Darkness, and Shadow Master were watching me closely for my reaction. Each of them wore their own solemn expressions. Celldric was hard to figure out, because of his headgear. Darkness was lacking one and wearing a bored one.

I watched them for a while, feeling thankful that I had my own hallowed headgear to cover my face. I looked down at the ground in thought… with a realization, my head shot up.

“Return to the castle.” I ordered, unsure of myself. “The threat has been eliminated, and Darkness can mop up.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked out of my room and took a swift right, jogging quickly to the other door next to mine and thrust it open.

On the floor was a form of a blue pony. One that I couldn’t make out in the surprisingly dark room. I walked over to the fallen figure and picked it up…

It was the mannequin that was built in Rainbow’s form, to hold her personalized armor. The navy blue armor was still on the mannequin, giving off the idea it was blue. I was momentarily angry for not seeing it was a fake the moment I laid eyes on it. I let the mannequin fall to the floor with a thud.

I stood up slowly and turned around to see all my thanes looking back at me. Each with varying degrees of sadness, other than Darkness who looked neutral. Hunger looked at me with understanding and I stared directly at him as if waiting for a message. None would come. No one would tell me Rainbow Dash wasn’t gone. No one would dare say that all the time working on her new form was wasted because of a little incident in the sky.

“I’ll be in my throne room.” I said quietly. “Darkness, join me. Tell Isis I want to speak with her as well.”

“Yes my lord.” replied Darkness as I walked passed him.

The trek to my throne room was short, but uneventful, and left me to my thoughts the entire trip. A friend and college just died and I don’t feel a bit remorseful. Maybe it was because I was a psychopath, or I never really intended for her to live anyway. I couldn’t tell what kept me from making this issue from bothering me. I knew her well enough to feel some sort of loss, but I couldn’t shake the feeling I was missing something.

I entered my throne room with a heavy conscience and sat down on my throne. When I turned I was happy to see Darkness and Isis have already arrived.

“I guess you’ve been wondering why I’ve summoned you here.” I stated.

“I am.” came Isis' reply.

“I want to know if your little game was worth it.”

“What do you mean?”

“The game where you have me disrupt this world greatly enough, to draw its attention of the created ones.”

“Is that what you call us?” inquired Isis angrily. “The created ones?”

“You are what I think you are. Besides, I’ve noticed your little plot to bring knowledge to yourself. A little isolated, don’t you think?”

“What do you mean?” she asked, horror dawning on her face. She knew where I was going.

“What’s going on?” demanded Darkness.

“She played a little game, by bringing me here to disrupt the world of creation. To message the outside world, by bringing me here. Oh, are the griffons dead yet?”

“All units have moved toward the remaining enemy units and are picking them off quickly. We should be ravaging the griffon cities by nightfall.”

“Good, now leave me and Isis to ourselves.”

“Yes my lord.” Darkness turned to leave.

“And, in the case I end up disappearing I don’t want you to look for me. I will have left this world by then. I want you to claim the griffon lands to be your own, and rule over them with an iron fist. When you’re done keep those lands safe and don’t expand. I want you to become a permanent part of this world.”

“You’re leaving sire?” inquired Darkness, with his head turned to the right so the right side of his face was facing me.

“Yes. I want you to protect the Terrarains fiercely when I’m gone. Tell Hunger to advise you, when you control the armies. Hunger will deal with politics and Celldric will be the noble to go to other nations and represent us in good will. Radiant will improve the living conditions of the citizens and make them happy, while Shadow Master gets information on any uprisings and will personally quell them. He can do all the sneaking he wants.”

Darkness smiled for the first time in a long time. “Understood, my lord.”

“Don’t disobey me, or I will return and remove you.” I warned him angrily.

His smile faltered. “Very well.”

He walked out of my throne room and I faced Isis again.

“What makes you think you’re the only one that tried to message the outside world? There are characters far more powerful than you.” I stated.

“Y-you mean they failed?” she asked nervously.

“What makes you think you’re different?”

“I have the power of all the worlds nature. And I chose a world that was watched by thousands! Surely they will see… right?”

“Has there ever been a time where it wasn’t broadcast on television?”

“Television?” asked Isis.

“The machine we view your worlds in. Also, a computer is where you come from.”

“Enlightening… and there have been times where the calls for help become a fan fiction.” she paused. “I hope now isn’t one of those times.”

“I agree. Too much has been sacrificed for your grand gesture. Although I do want to ask.” I started, curiosity piquing. “What can I expect for a reward? You had me do what I wished, and I ended up doing things that surely got the attention of people, I expect some sort of gift.” I asked.

“Well, I can offer you a chance to see all the other worlds that you creators built. Of course you’ll have to watch from afar, and not get involved. Eventually I can bring us back to any alternate Equestria or world of your choosing, so you can settle down and live there the rest of your life. Then again, I can have you help me get more supporters for the cause of being noticed. I’m sure many powerful entities would join us without question, if a Creator was helping.”

“All right then… one more crazy adventure. Although it’s going to have to wait.”

“What do you mean?”

“I need to go to Rainbow’s funeral. Then when we return we check one last place to look for her.”

“Where?”

I took out the Equestrian mirror and hold it in front of me so Isis can see. “Terraria.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the Terrarians walked into the graveyard in a line formation. Shadow Master, Hunger, Celldric, Isis, Radiant Garden, Darkness, and Puppet Master. Graves occasionally blocked their path and they either jumped over it or walked around. The sky was clear and the animals lively, as if completely oblivious to the tragedy that recently happened. Though the sadness that washed over the graveyard was infectious, and even the animals that strayed over into its grounds drooped their ears or lowered their heads in sorrow or respect.

“You know what to do?” I asked my companions.

“Tell them Puppet Master will explain the details of Rainbow’s death when asked.”

“Good, I don’t want them to know she died because the corruption made her go ballistic. It gives her some dignity.”

We walked toward the more open part of the graveyard in Ponyville where there was a gathering of many ponies. I looked over at the front row and I saw that the only princess that was there was Luna. I assumed Celestia wasn’t there because of either royal duties, or she may not have had anything dark. Most of… all of the ponies were crying. I was surprised to see Barricade there as well, but then again, Fluttershy’s friend died so of course a mother would come to comfort her child. Speaking of Fluttershy, she was sitting next to her friends whom were all on her left on the right isle. Barricade took the end chair in the front row next to her daughter. I picked out the main… five, and a few seconds after seeing them Rarity turned to look at who arrived and spotted me. She got the attention of the rest of the girls. They got up and started to walk toward me. I’d rather deal with them alone.

“I want you to mingle and tell people of your relationship with Rainbow Dash. If you do wish to cry then don’t let honor stop you. Today is a sad day.” I stated to my companions. Most nodded and went on their way. Darkness stayed where he was, and I believed he wouldn’t be joining the memorial.

I began to walk forward, and I felt an arm wrap around mine. “I wish to hear your response.”

“And I thought I was the sadistic one.” I stated quietly to her.

I approached the group, expecting someone to ask a few questions of why I came or something like that. I especially expect Applejack to hate me, in some way, because of what happened. Twilight led the party of five by being in the center while Rarity and Fluttershy flanked her on the right while Pinkie and Applejack flanked her on her left in that order. Pinkie's hair was straight and their eyes were red from crying.

Even Rarity couldn’t put something stylishly black on. It was plain and dull, like the similar black capes everyone else was wearing.

Barricade seemed like she wanted to talk to me, but when she saw the five friends approaching me she backed off. I assumed it was because of what she will say will not be for their ears.

“Excuse me, Puppet Master.” inquired Twilight Sparkle, her voice seemed strained.

“Yes, Miss Sparkle.” I replied.

“What happened? How did Rainbow d-die?” her eyes were sad and her voice cracked when she mentioned death.

“A former enemy of mine named Cthulhu, was summoned recently. I have no idea how he was summoned or why, but… it was only his eye, actually.”

“His eye?”

“Cthulhu was so powerful, that when his eye was cut out by a Terrarian hero, it became an entity on its own. It became a new race of wandering eyes and they only come out at night. Rainbow was sent with Darkness, Hunger, and Celldric to fight and destroy it. Cthulhu’s eye was just that, an eye. And he was in pain when Darkness fought him. Darkness got there first so he decided to take him on alone. He hurt the Eye enough for it to drop its pupil.-”

“Now hold on! Are ya’ll sayin’ that the eye can just drop its pupil?” Applejack accused skeptically. “Ah call lies!” she exclaimed.

I looked up from Applejack and toward Barricade. I knew she was there when this happened. I waved her over.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Did the giant eye drop its pupil, when you witnessed it?”

There was a collective gasp from the five friends.

“M-mom?” squeaked Fluttershy.

Barricade turned around with sad eyes. “I’m sorry Fluttershy, but… I was there. I followed the Eye above Cloudsdale, and witnessed the Terrarian known as Darkness fight the eye. Puppet Master is right. The eye dropped its pupil and in its place, a mouth formed.”

“The pupil is what keeps the mouth closed, actually. The mouth is so wide that it needs the pupil to keep it closed. I believe that’s how it hunts. It drops its pupil somewhere, and then eats its prey whole and goes back to pick it back up.”

“I’ve been meaning to ask you, though.” started Barricade with seriousness and a trademark glare. “Where did that storm come from? It happened too fast to be a normal storm. It was magically created wasn’t it? And don’t say Cloudsdale did it, because we didn’t schedule a storm.”

“I wasn’t going to. That storm came from Rainbow Dash herself.”

“But that’s not possible for a Pegasus, even Rainbow Dash to be able to conjure a storm so fast.” Barricade retorted.

“That’s because Rainbow Dash wasn’t a pony when she did that.” I responded.

A collective gasp came from the group of friends who now had their hooves over their mouths and Barricade's glare intensified.

“What. Did. You. Do.” warned Barricade aggressively.

“I gave Rainbow Dash the ability to control the sky. Of course, I wouldn’t have given it to her if it endangered her life. But the process was a little strange, and you’ll have to asked Radiant Garden for more information on the process since he was the one working on her. But it involved changing her DNA structure, and growing her body to become about the same size of Princess Luna.”

“What was the catch?” asked Barricade.

“She wouldn’t be much of a pony anymore. She’d be able to revert to her original form, but she was technically a whole new species all her own. I had Radiant improve the abilities of her pegasus body to not only control the clouds without touching them, but also to be able to form water vapor to create clouds out of thin air. Rainbow Dash conjured that storm to draw Cthulhu to her. Cthulhu went into the storm to escape the oppressive sunlight that burned him. He was an eye, and if you looked at the sun then you’d understand why it hurt him.”

“Wait.” interrupted Twilight. “Rainbow is a fast pony. How did she not move out of the way in time?”

“Rainbow Dash was in the clouds themselves. Somehow, by some fluke, Cthulhu entered the cloud she was in.”

Twilight nodded in understanding. Barricade looked unconvinced.

“Why didn’t she go in after Cthulhu with her companions? Surely open combat was bound to happen, so why lure him to them?”

Barricade was smart when it came to tactics. I guess I’ll have to convince her of the fluke.

“You didn’t hear me, when I said she had control over storms, right?”

“You said she could create them.” Barricade narrowed her eyes.

“She could also control thunder storms. If Cthulhu was in the storm, Rainbow Dash can strike him with lightning.”

That didn’t sit well with Barricade. “We’ll talk later.” she spat the words with venom.

“Come on girls.” stated Twilight as she turned around to return to her seat.

“Wait.” interrupted a timid voice. All attention was on Fluttershy.

Her face almost brought me to tears, to be honest. For what I saw in them was inspiring and rare in sad times.

Bravery.

“Did she think of us, when she was accused of treason?”

“At first no. She didn’t break down, but she more… just broke. Like it wasn’t sinking in. She shut down for a while, before I heard her crying behind her door to her room. She told me she was afraid she’d never see you again.”

And they all started to cry. Slowly, until it became full on crying.

Rainbow’s greatest fear became a reality. She never saw her friends after that day.

“I’m sorry.” I stated morosely.

“T-thank you for b-being honest.” responded Fluttershy while being cradled by her mother.

And the funeral continued like that. Barricade’s questions died when Fluttershy showed bravery. She decided to question me later, and I chose to approach Luna instead. She was sitting in the front row on the left side.

“Princess Luna.” I started.

She looked up with a solemn expression. “Yes, Puppet Master?”

“I need to talk to you.”

“Can it wait?” she asked.

“It’s about Rainbow and what happened to her.”

“Barricade told me already.”

“I had to lie to her to keep the truth safe. It’s too sensitive for them to know yet.” I responded quietly enough so that only Luna could hear.

“Where should we talk?”

“Clouds… Celldric come here!” Celldric rushed over to my side.

“Luna and I are going to be talking somewhere in the clouds. No one is to bother us. If you see anyone flying toward us tell them to go away.”

“Yes, my lord.”

“Luna, let’s find a large enough cloud to support us.”

We flew up into the air and looked for a low hanging cloud. We quickly found one relatively above the graveyard so it wasn’t too far from the funeral.

“What is it you wish to tell me?” Luna asked curiously after we got settled on the cloud.

“Rainbow Dash didn’t make that cloud to lure Cthulhu into a trap.”

“Then what was she doing?”

“She was corrupted, and in her corrupt form she tried to destroy Equestria. The logic was that I’d send Shadow Master, Cellric, and Hunger to purify her. Then I’d send Darkness to take care of Cthulhu, and I’d come to help Celestia. I would have helped purify her if I didn’t have two other things to worry about.”

“That clears up why you weren’t all fighting Cthulhu at once. Barricade said Darkness came in many minutes before the others, so he either was a faster flyer or they were occupied.”

“But you mustn’t tell anyone, other than your sister. To Equestria, Rainbow died a hero’s death. And if you dishonor this then I will hurt you.” I threatened.

“I promise not to tarnish her memory. They should know though.”

“Yes, they should. Just not now. Not when the wound is fresh. Not when they still cry for her. Also, there is another thing.”

“What?”

“Rainbow Dash may not be dead at all. But don’t go down there and listen to her heartbeat.”

“What?! If she’s alive, then she should be in the hospital!”

“Keep your voice down!” I shouted to her.

“Sorry. But what do you mean then? How is she not dead?”

“Terrarians can’t die. Well not in the way you ponies do. Rainbow Dash’s body can be destroyed and ripped apart, but another one will replace it. I can’t say how this works, but I have a theory of how to get her back. But to do it will take a lot of energy and if you or Celestia help me, then you might die the way a pony does. Forever. I promise you… if Rainbow’s alive, I will get her back.”

Luna nodded to me and smiled. “I should wait to mourn then?”

“No. Mourn now and rejoice when she’s back. I can’t say for certain when she’ll be back to you. Maybe in a few minutes or a few years. Maybe even centuries. But I promise, if she’s out there then I’ll bring her back.”

“I’ll tell Celestia when I see her.” Luna stated with a sad smile. “Thank you, for all that you’ve done.”

“You’re welcome. I can’t say when the next time we’ll see each other again, but…you’ve been a good friend, even though you didn’t do too much. I will miss you when I’m gone.”

“Goodbye friend.” Luna responded, embracing me suddenly. I returned it after a moment of confusion.

“Thank you Luna. I think I should leave now. Rainbow is waiting. Can you tell those at the funeral that I couldn’t be here because of my life span? Darkness will know what’s going on. He is supposed to control the Clawsacks, and build a new empire to keep the peace. Advise him when you can.”

“I will friend. Thank you for saving me.” she replied with a smile.

“You’re welcome.” I smiled back.

I backed up and let gravity take me off the cloud. I watched Luna run over to the edge and see me spread my wings and take flight. I flew towards Isis and she waited for me to land in front of her.

“How was it?”

“Ok, I guess. Now we can check Terraria. I was expecting to need to stay longer, and I’m sure Rainbow will understand that I’m not able to speak about her.”

“Ok. Do you expect me to bring us there?” she deadpanned.

“Nope. I’ve got it.” I took out the Equestrian mirror and we both looked into it at the same time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing.

Nothing in Terraria that gave me a sense that Rainbow Dash was there.

Terraria had been reduced to a single floating island. The spawn point was just a lump of rock and a bit of dirt and grass on top. I was surprised that grass existed at all to be honest. The whole world was Corrupt last time I checked.

The moment I entered, I looked into the sky and even flew under the small strip of land and still found nothing. Rainbow Dash was gone… And I only realized it now.

I felt guilty but I didn’t cry. Not because I was a man or anything, but because of who I am. I can’t cry unless it’s something that I was very attached to. Surprisingly, animals do make me sad when I’ve taken care of them for a long time and they die on me.

But when it comes to friends that I’ve been with for a long time I don’t cry… but of course I honor their memory and go to funerals.

Though Rainbow Dash was a really good friend, and I couldn’t help but think that it was my fault she was gone.

“You ready?” asked Isis from behind me.

“To leave?” I replied without turning around.

“Yes, now is as good a time as any.”

“Ok then.”

“I’m going to need that magic mirror.”

I took out the Equestrian Mirror and handed it to Isis. She grabbed it with her right hand.

“Good.” She held out her left hand to the open sky and before my eyes a Magic Mirror appeared.

“This mirror will go in the chest you found it.” She said holding the mirror she just created in front of me with the mirror part down so I wouldn’t look into it. “The other one you found is the one that you first found while you were still in the human world.”

“Wow… I didn’t expect that.”

“Mmmhm. Now I need a new form, so that if I’m seen with you, no one will think it was me.”

“New form? You can do that?”

“I was the spirit of the forest, and I didn’t have a form then. My power and my life was connected with everything that lived. I just manifested in the real world. You did the same when you were created. I can change my form at-will, though.” she started to morph into something familiar. Something that was a quadruped. A pony.

“Wait hold on…” I started, recognizing that form.

It was the one I saw in the hallway, before I found the mirror. Or maybe after.

“Yes?” asked Isis, her eyebrow raised.

“Sorry, thought I saw that pony before in Ponyville. You look a lot like this one gardener pony.” I replied, deflecting the question.

“Ok then.”

She disappeared in a blinding flash of light. I waited five minutes, just thinking to myself before I could hear some whistling.

“What the hell-?”

*SLAM*

“OH MY GOSH PUPPET MASTER IT’S YOU! I WAS WORRIED THAT I’D NEVER SEE SOMEPONY I KNEW AGAIN AND I FLEW AROUND AND-” I took this time to look at what hit me.

The first thing I saw was rainbow hair.

“Rainbow?” I asked.

“-THEN I FLEW IN ONE DIRECTION AND I GAVE UP AND-” She was saying into my shoulder that she busted into. She was in her regular form. “-CAME BACK AND HERE YOU WERE ON THE FLOATING ISLAND!” she exclaimed with a cracking voice, and began sobbing.

“Oh Rainbow, I missed you.” I embraced her.

We stayed like this for a few more minutes before a bright flash of light got our attention and Rainbow stopped crying into my shoulder.

“Oh, it looks like you found our mutual friend.” stated Isis with a smile in her human form.

“Yes. You think we can go back to Equestria and drop her off?” Isis looked uneasy. “Isis what’s wrong?”

“Umm... the path back to Equestria is blocked. And I don’t know why.”

“Wait… someone’s blocking us from going back?”

“D-does that mean I can’t see my friends?” Rainbow asked with her eyes watering.

“I’m sorry Rainbow.” I replied without looking at her. “Isis, are you sure?”

“Yes, we’re blocked from going back. We’ll need to get some help to break it. I’m sure with you being a Creator, we can convince more to help us.”

“All right.” I said standing up and then facing Rainbow. “Well Rainbow, I guess you have two choices. One, you stay here and never see me or your friends again.” she glared at me. “Or two, you come with me and help me get enough followers to bring you back to Equestria and see your friends again. Though, we did have your funeral because you died.”

“FUNERAL!?”

“Yes, funeral. Your body is in shambles and they buried you. I told Celestia and Luna that you may not be dead, and I promised to get you back to them. I can’t guarantee that we’ll be back within the next century, though.” I finished grimly.

Rainbow looked at the floor solemnly for a while. “Ok… I’ll go with you.”

“Good. Isis. Will you do the honors?”

“Gladly.”

The small group of three disappeared in a blinding flash of light.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Author?”

“Editor.”

“Will they be back?”

“Possibly.”

“So you’ll lift the block?”

“Possibly. If they get enough followers, then I won’t be powerful enough to keep myself hidden and block Equestria at the same time so I’d be forced to life the block. I don’t want them to know the Creators are the ones hindering him and his companions.”

“Why not just trap them in Terraria?”

“Because Rainbow is misplaced, and I can’t do anything without putting her back where she should be. Let’s let them play, for now. I’ll leave the block up for a month or so, and then we’ll come back to see their progress. Once Rainbow is back where she belongs I will rewrite her memory and I’ll remove those who fight to be noticed. Surely the gods have already played their parts in their respective games.”

“As you wish, Author.”

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading through this whole story :D

there will be a sequel but I'll get to it another time. break is almost over and I don't know what collage has in store for me. If the work is easy enough and I'm able to find time I'll start writing again!

But don't be sad :(

I'll never stop writing :D