• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 13,104 Views, 616 Comments

What Happens in Terraria - BioChemicalWolfGear



I was playing Terraria when I found a magic mirror that went somewhere...new.

  • ...
54
 616
 13,104

A Promising Future

(edited by ultra1437)

Barricade and her squad moved through the labyrinth with a great amount of difficulty. Not only were there thousands of rooms, but most of them seemed to be for storage, and so symmetrical that it was obvious that at least twenty of these floors were storage, but it was protocol to search every room.

They were stalked by a single floating monstrosity, for at least ten minutes before five more took its place, and eyes were on them at all times. They found that there was a spiral staircase in the center of the cylindrical tower, and they moved up it quickly once they found it. They eventually stopped at the very top of the staircase just before they noticed one crucial aspect of the staircase itself.

There was skylight in the ceiling of the staircase’s highest roof. Which basically was the top of the tower.

“You mean we could have flown in through there?” Questioned Barricade bitterly.

She continued up the staircase, and came face to face with two double doors made of Ebony. She paid no mind to her guards huffing and puffing, who were basically ordered to go up the stairs by hoof rather than fly.

Barricade likes to keep her soldiers fit and on their toes, and she rarely finds a staircase this high. Every day is a training day, in her mind.

“Formation. We’re going though this door.” The guards snapped out of their tired stupor, and got in a line formation with Barricade in the lead. She could still hear their tired breathing, now directed through their nostrils rather than their mouths.

She single-hoofedly pushed open the heavy double doors, and walked inside the now exposed room. To their surprise, white flame torches decorated the walls and six stone pillars were placed symmetrically near the center of the room, but they only outlined the red carpet that led up to the golden throne by three meters. The six pillars had blue banners facing the red carpet, and added an official touch to the room. The throne itself had two yellow banners on each side in a symmetrical fashion, like every other room in the castle.

But what caught all the guards attention was the dark figure sitting on the golden throne.

“You there!” Shouted Barricade. “State your reason for constructing this tower in the lands of Equestria!” She then narrowed her eyes and gave him her trademark stare. “And it better be good.”

Astonished, Barricade and her company realized the bipedal creature didn’t even blink as a reaction to the stare. It’s aggressive, yet laid back demeanor said it was no ruler at all. It’s right hand was balled in a fist and his head was resting on it. His left leg was draped over the left arm of the chair itself.

“…State my business?” he finally said. “My business is my own, and has nothing to do with Equestria. I await my lord to come to me and give me his first commands. I have constructed a castle in his honor, but in a theme which suits me. It will be changed according to how he sees fit when he arrives. When that will be, I wouldn’t know.”

“You must move this castle! It terrifies the ponies of Equestria, and we will not stand for it!”

“Then it’s the appearance of the castle that has you worried. As I stated earlier the castle will remain. When my lord comes it will likely change to something more friendly. It only currently holds its image of evil because of my influence. This will not change, no matter what you do. Unless you find my lord, that is.”

“Why don’t you move it again, like you did to get it here.” She said still glaring at him.

His demeanor never changed, and his bored expression still remained. “Because I built it overnight. And I cannot simply move it. It's a castle.”

“You can’t build a castle in lands already owned by another kingdom! Dismantle your castle, and move it elsewhere!” Demanded Barricade.

“And what if I don’t?”

“Guards…ready for battle.” Each guard lowered their spear towards Dark Wolf.

He saw this and lifted his head off his fist. He got up and walked between the first pair of pillars closest to the throne. He took out six short silver sticks, and floated them on his sides.

*DGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

The red beams that came out of those sticks made everypony, including Barricade flinch from surprise. Their eyes widened when his threatening demeanor sent a tremor of fear down their spines. Then came the most unexpected turn of events that left them speechless.

He put his swords away, and turned around and sat back on the throne in his previous position.

“You ponies are violent and rude. I’d rather avoid confrontation while here.” They all sat in silence.

“…Stronghold.” Barricade says, with her commanding tone.

“Yes ma’am?” Said a pegasus beside her, as he salutes.

Barricade wrote down a letter on a small parchment. “Take this to Celestia.” She handed it to the Pegasus guard, he saluted and flew off.

Barricade eyed the dark figure, who still remained motionless in his laid back demeanor, on the throne.

“Return to base.” Barricade calmly ordered.

They all removed themselves from the throne room.

Dark Wolf sat on the golden throne and watched each pony leave. However the leader looked back at him while the rest of the platoon headed out the skylight. They eyed each other for a moment.

Wolf waved his left hand at her, without changing his facial expression. She eyed him suspiciously for a moment before smirking, and flying after her troops.

“Well that was odd.” Said Dark Wolf. He used his powers to close the double doors that the platoon so rudely left open.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I approached the multicolored mare as she positioned a bunch of clouds -very quickly I might add- above Ponyville’s park.

“Yo, Rainbow!” I announced. She looked in my direction and raised an eyebrow in confusion, before she smiled at me.

“Hey, you’re ok! Still sore or you good?”

I reached her and sat on the cloud she was moving, and she gave me a look. “I’m still sore, but I can move at least. Man, I wonder if the others made it. You know I had friends with me, right?”

“Oh, how many? I saw at least four of them.”

“You did? Well, that’s nice…hey, why did you go through the portal into my world? Also, how did you get past that army of corrupted?”

“The army was easy. I flew over it.” She said proudly, and I nodded my approval. Then she demoralized herself instantly. “But then…When I was flying back to the battle to help my friends…something in my head told me I should go to the Everfree. Once I got there I found a portal and flew through it.”

“Something in your head?” I questioned.

“Yeah, something told me I was needed there. I don’t know what.”

I thought for a moment. “Hey Rainbow, when do you think you’ll be done?”

“In ten seconds flat!” She zipped off and quickly positioned the clouds, while I got off the one I was sitting on. I counted the seconds.

“How was that?” She said smiling confidently.

“Just terrible! 10.2 seconds! I expect better from you Dash!” I said teasingly.

“Yeah, well let’s see you do better!” She challenged.

“Yeah, but first let’s head home. Or your home. Oh actually I need to find a job, if I’m going to bunk with you, unless I don’t eat and all I do is sit around, and like…not breathe or something.”

“Umm, can you move clouds?” She asked.

“Yeah, I think I can do that. I mean you saw me sit on one so I only assume I can.”

“Ok, tomorrow we’ll go to Cloudsdale’s Weather Factory and…oh wait, we haven’t introduced you to the town!” She said with realization dawning on her face.

“It’s ok. Just need to let Twilight Sparkle get a good look at me, and Celestia will show up. Then like before word will get out, while I stroll around Ponyville and meet new ponies who will come to love and accept me!”

“…Ooooookey?”

“Well, that’s basically what happened with wolfGear.”

“Yeah, but there was a lot of on and off activity with him. Celestia had to calm everypony down with a speech she gave in Canterlot.”

“Wait, she gave a speech for me?”

“Eyup. And she got the newspapers to print articles about who and what you are, so nopony will be startled when they saw you.”

“Wow, that’s…thoughtful.”

“I know right. Celestia is awesome!”

“Not as awesome as me right?”

She put a hoof up to her chin, and stuck her tongue out the side of her mouth. ‘Oh god, she’s actually thinking about it!’

“Well.” She finally said. “You’re pretty cool too and you did help us out, even though you didn’t need to. So I guess you two are on the same level of awesome. Also, I don’t think Celestia can explode in a ball of fire like you can.”

“True, true. She might get burnt, but she does have the power over the sun.”

“Yeah, but you’re so laid back about basically everything! I have yet to see you mad or upset! And from the moment I met you, I don’t think I had doubts about your character. Seeing you for the first time was weird, but hey I quickly grew out of that and you totally stared down Barricade! I don’t even think Celestia would be able to do that!”

“Thanks Dash. I think you’re pretty cool too. If your personality doesn’t scream it, then your awesome mane totally does.”

“Hey thanks! Though Rarity keeps trying to get me to brush it.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Meh, I don’t need you to brush your mane to make yourself look cool. Maybe sunglasses and a baseball hat backwards. Then you’d look pimp!”

“Hehehe I have those too! I’m so going to do that from now on!”

“Yeah but now that the game plan has been laid out for me. I’m going to pay Twilight a visit. Well, actually, can you take me to your place so I know where it is?”

“Sure follow me.” She said waving her hoof towards her and flying off.

‘I have a feeling me and Rainbow are going to be the bestest of friends.’ I thought to myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia sat at her throne, deep in thought about the ominous black tower to the west. She built Canterlot to be a wonder of the world, a city so high only a feat of engineering and magic could keep it on the mountain to overlook the world. But here was this black tower, not only taller than Canterlot, but even taller than the mountain Canterlot rested on! It was built like the highest mountain, and possibly had more room than Canterlot’s castle and town combined.

Canterlot was also in a strategic place on the map, so it could look over all of Equestria. However, now that this tower can also look over Canterlot, she was worried that whoever owned it also had a strategic advantage. Only its 360-degree view of Equestria was not obscured by a mountain.

She was brought out of her trance, when her double doors of her throne room were pushed open by an exhausted pegasus guard.

“Princess! Message from Barricade!” He said while pulling out a small scroll, Celestia used her magic to grab the scroll.

“Thank you, you may return to Cloudsdale.” She said, reading the message.

“Yes, your majesty.” He saluted and left.

Celestia read the note that was given to her.

‘My majesty Celestia,

I did what you’ve asked of me and scouted the castle. Yes it’s a castle, and there appears to be a lord, but he’s away. Currently this tower is dormant for the time being, while the keeper is in control and awaits his lord. We tried to convince him to remove the tower, to no avail and he awaits his lord. He also has shown restraint to pessimism and aggression, so I believe that he will not be a threat to Equestria, so long as he’s in power.

Your captain,
Barricade.’

Celestia looked up from the scroll for a moment, and looks across her hall. It was empty, and without anypony bothering her or trying to get her attention.

“Guard. Prepare my chariot.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re kidding me.”

“What?”

“That’s your house? It’s a freaking mansion!” I said staring at Rainbow’s cloud home.

The home itself was a full three stories with a rainbow waterfall coming out of it. I knew what it looked like already, but seeing it in real life makes it only that much surreal.

“Well yeah, I always wanted a big house. I make sure I have a lot of room for anything I want to add.” She said smiling sheepishly, then flying over to the front door almost anxiously.

‘That’s a lot of room for one Pegasus. Could it be that she’s saving it for someone? You know Rainbow does try to be tough, so maybe she’s trying to make an excuse to make this ‘family’ sized.’

I joined her at the front door, and she opened her cloud home for me and we walked inside. I had to duck under the door a little, but all in all, it wasn’t bad. However, once I saw the inside, I totally dropped the idea that she wanted a family.

All across the walls were trophies and weather achievements that mostly consisted of feats like a single pony tornado, or something along those lines.

But the most stand out feature, was the high ceiling. As if it was made to fit something tall or something that likes to fly a lot. I also noticed a dog house with the word 'Tank' engraved on the side.

‘I take it back. This place is a museum of Rainbow Dash. But it still has enough size to fit a fucking day care.’

“Well Rainbow you’ve impressed me with the first room.”

“Thanks, I try to keep it cool.” She said doing a flip and landing on her back on the couch in the center of the room.

‘You know, this gets me thinking. Does Rainbow Dash want a family?’

“Hey Rainbow Dash can I ask you a personal question?”

She eyed me suspiciously. “Depends. What are you asking?”

I walked over to the couch and sat next to her. “Do you want a family?”

“Hey, I’m Rainbow Dash! I fly solo.” She said, sounding sure of herself.

“No no, I know that. But give it a few years, do you think you would want foals of your own?”

She looked at me with a blank expression. “A-are you suggesting that we-?”

“No, I’m just wondering. I know you’re all athlete and solo, but do you ever want kids?”

“Why do you want to know?” She said tensing up a bit and standing up, while giving me an offended glare.

“I want to know you better. Hell you’re the only one in this world that remembers me at the moment. Besides I’d like to know who I’m bunking with. You never know what I’m able to do for you in payment for letting me stay here.”

She visibly calms down, but gives me a look of confusion rather than hostility.

“Well why? I’m letting you stay, and yeah it’s ok for you to ask more about me… but why those questions?”

“Because I know what your personality is, and I basically know a lot about you already. Hey, these trophies even show me you’re competitive. But I want to know more about what you really want. Even I want to settle down one day, and have a family to go home to with my own kids to raise and play with.”

She looks at me for a moment, and sighs in defeat. “Ok ok…I admit, when I first saw Mr. and Mrs. Cake’s foals, I wondered what it would be like to be a mother. The idea excited me and- wait, you’re not going to tell anypony right?”

“Whatever you tell me in this house will remain in this house. Even if your friends ask for me to give them this information, I’ll come to you ok? I will not betray your trust.”

“Good. Where was I? Oh yeah, umm the idea of having foal excited me a little bit. But it kinda…scared me that I thought that way. I can’t see myself as a mother, can you?”

I thought about it. “…Yeah. I can see you being a great mother.” I said with a reassuring smile.

She looked at me blankly for a moment. “Are you serious? What makes me a good mother?” She said accusingly and somewhat angrily.

“Rainbow. Look into my eyes.” She did. “Now look around you.” She complied. “See all those awards? All these achievements that you’ve poured your heart and soul into doing?” She didn’t respond and she just slowly scanned the trophies, reminiscing about how she got each. “Now look at your peers. Look at Scootaloo, and how she looks up to you.” I let it sink in. “Now look at your resources. If there’s something about motherhood you don’t understand, Pinkie Pie is your best bet on helping you overcome it.” She looked back at me.

“Yeah, I do have Pinkie to help me.” She said smiling.

“And not only that, but all your friends will help you out. Applejack had to take care of Applebloom when she was younger, so she could help you out as well. Then there’s Twilight. She may not look it, but she’s been a caretaker since she was a filly.”

“How?”

“She raised Spike.”

She hopped into the air and hovered above the couch. “Oh yeah! Hey, you’re right! I have a lot of friends that will have my back, when the time comes…” She looked at me with a determined expression, and then it sunk into a neutral one. She slowly lowered herself back down to the couch, never taking her eyes off of me.

“Why are you getting me ready for this? Do…you like me?”

“No, I don’t. Though at the rate we’re going. Maybe soon we will.”

“Well I don’t go for non-ponies.” She said with her eyelids half closed. Not in a seductive way, but in a disappointed or annoyed way.

“Weird, that’s exactly what Applejack said.” I said with a sly grin.

“Yeah whatever…wait hold on! Were you hitting on Applejack?” She said with surprise.

“Eyup. She complimented my wings, and I was all like ‘does Applejack like what she sees?’”

“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Dude that’s awesome. How’d she take it?”

“She wasn’t into me, but we went on like that for a bit, but then I kinda made her mad. I apologized don’t worry.”

She still had a giddy expression. “What’d you say to make her mad?” She was still smiling.

“She said she’ll bite off the head of the foolish stallion who wants to get with her, and I said ‘Whoa you like biting head?’”

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA!”

I literally waited two whole minutes for Rainbow to stop her uncontrollable laughter.

“T-hahaha-that-ha-was awesome! Hah.” She got her breath finally, after I thought she was going to pass out from lack of air.

“Yeah it was. I had to apologize to her to stop her from stomping off in anger, and getting a mob of Apple Family rage to come after me.”

“You are not good with mares.” She commented sincerely.

“Hey, that’s because we haven’t had a heart to heart. You know, like we did just now.”

“Yeah…hey I noticed. I’ve never seen a girl from your race. Do they not exist or what?”

“Well, none came with me when I got here. It seems I’m going to have to marry a pony.”

“Well, better get used to being around us, then. And I hope you find the right mare.” She said reassuringly.

“Thanks Rainbow. Oh hey, I remember seeing this somewhere. You don’t like it when ponies touch your hooves. Why is that?”

She looked EXTREMELY nervous at this moment, and she started to flare her wings to bolt.

“Oh well umm. You see-” I grabbed her. “H-HEY, GET OFF!”

I pinned her onto the couch, while she groaned and tried to break free.

“Ok. Let’s see why you don’t like your hooves touched.”

“W-what? NOOOOOOO!”

‘She’s probably ticklish.’

I slowly rubbed my finger in between the nail of her hoof where the soft palm like patch of skin was located under the hoof.

“NO-HAHAH-STOP I’M TICKLISH! HEAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA.”

I internally d’awed when she tried to suppress her laughter into a giggle, which gave her +10 to cuteness. All ponies had about 40 cute points, and fillies like the CMC’s were +30 to their base score.

I stopped tickling her and started massaging her hooves, so she wouldn’t run once stopped holding her down. I ran my hands up and down her body to relax her and once she had the chance to run she didn’t take it. She stayed and moaned in pleasure, as I massaged her joints in her wings.

“Oh yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa.”

‘I would probably have a raging boner right now if she were human. But in all seriousness, I think I’ll choose Rainbow Dash as my future kawaii waifu. All I need is to find enough common ground between us for me to fall in love, and for her to do the same.’

“You know...” Said Rainbow Dash with closed eyes who was enjoying my massaging. “You really know how to treat a mare.”

“Was that your attempt at flirting?”

“Nah it was a compliment. I’m jealous of whoever will get you as a husband.”

“I’m glad you think that way.” I said with a sly smile.

“How so?”

“Because now I know I can make a mare happy.”

“Oh ok…Hey Pup?”

“Yes Rainbow?” I questioned, moving to her flanks. Once I got there, I noticed quite some reddening of her cheeks.

“Don’t move out. I’ve always wanted a roommate.”

I stopped and thought for a while, which caused Rainbow to lift her head and look at me. “All right Rainbow.” I resumed my massaging of her hind legs. “I’ll stay for as long as I can.”

“Thanks.” She said putting her head down and her cheeks turned less red from moving away from her flanks.

Yeah. Rainbow and I are going to hit it off some day. And when our family talk will be a little less hypothetical.