• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 13,091 Views, 616 Comments

What Happens in Terraria - BioChemicalWolfGear



I was playing Terraria when I found a magic mirror that went somewhere...new.

  • ...
54
 616
 13,091

Tension Unwanted

Rainbow’s dress seemed simple, it looked great on her. The white feathers that hugged her chest complimented her blue coat and the long rainbow colored skirt ended in cotton that represented clouds. The dress itself made Rainbow Dash look like she represents the physical manifestation of being a Pegasus itself.

She had a golden tiara on her head, with a feather pattern that wrapped around her head. The feathers were angled to point behind her, and in the center where the origin of the feathers met, was a navy blue sapphire that was in an egg shape found its place in a motherly embrace at the center of the feather pattern. The reason why it was loving is because smaller golden feathers wrapped around the sapphire as if to protect the blue egg center piece, the way it was wrapped made it look like some of the bristles of the feather kept the sapphire in place; which was indeed the fact of the tiaras secret to hold the egg itself.

Rainbow Dash personally asked Rarity for something like this, because she remembered that Humans were big on symbolism, and even bigger on fertility rights in their past. To say Rarity was confused, when Rainbow presented the idea of making a tiara that symbolized these things wasn’t too much of an understatement. But after some prying, Rainbow told her that the stallion she was trying to impress was an artist and would appreciate symbolism. Rarity bought it, and didn’t pry any more after that, allowing Rainbow to keep her want for Puppet Master a secret from her friends, until the time comes.

“Oh Rainbow Dash, you look dashing!” Rarity swooned.

“Hehe, thanks Rarity. Though, I think going out of your way to get the local jewelry store to make a custom tiara was a little much.”

“Nonsense! It was worth it! Just look at you! You’ll impress any stallion and it allowed me to try a new line of dress work. When I meet this stallion, I will love to have a conversation about art. I’m sure symbolism will have room in the fashion industry very soon!”

Rainbow rubbed the back of her neck. “Well yeah, but he may need to find time to do that. I’m not sure if you’ll have a long conversation, but uhhh... ok I’ll see if I can convince him to talk to you about art. But please don’t tell anypony or anybody about him, ok?”

“You have my word darling. Cross my heart.” she started doing the Pinkie Promise hoof motions. “Hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my eye.” she finished with her hoof on her eye.

“Thank you. Oh and can you help me out of this thing? I’d like to keep it-uuhhh… whatever you do to it to keep it fresh, or something.”

“Very well, Rainbow Dash. I’ll hold onto it until the time arrives to wear it. Though normally I wouldn’t ask you to pay, because of the symbolism insight, but the tiara was kind of expensive.” stated Rarity sheepishly.

“Aw... that’s ok. I’d rather not freeload your dresses, anyway. You do some great work. Now help me out of this.”

“Well all right, first we should remove the skirt.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puppet Master was still reading through the tome that was annoyingly written in Griffonian. The book had scientific terms that he couldn’t understand, and he had to practice each step to understand what came next. His concentration on the book was halted, when he heard hoof steps coming up to him. At first he assumed it was Princess Luna, but he realized it was a singular pony. Luna would have come in with guards flanking her sides. Puppet Master kept his head down into the book, and lowered it toward the ground and leaned forward to look like he’s looking down at the book in his hand. It allowed him a look at the hooves.

The hoof steps stopped and out of his peripherals he was able to see dark navy blue legs that belonged to a Night Guard. He wasn’t able to see the face or chest of the pony, but enough to know it was a single pony and he was unaccompanied. He also wasn’t trying to get Puppet Master’s attention, so it was safe to assume the pony didn’t want to be spotted. After a few tense seconds, Puppet Master casually turned the page. He could tell the Night Guard tensed up a bit, but he kept a close eye on Puppet Master for any signs of suspicion.

Then the Night Guard cautiously took flight, to ensure he wasn’t making noise. Puppet Master was able to hear his soft and controlled wing beats that almost sounded like nothing except a tiny gust of wind. Then the noise got suddenly louder, but not enough to alarm anyone. Puppet Master knew better. He swiftly rose his hand and opened his inventory. While the inventory was open, he was able to lift his head but not move his body. As guessed, the Night Guard was in a dive, with the spear pointing at his exposed head.

His Hollowed Headgear was on, but the golden crown was a vanity item and it made it look like he wasn’t wearing a helmet. Puppet Master found the spear, and carefully planned his hand movements to catch it once he closes his inventory. He lowers his head to the same position as if he’s still reading the book, although his arm reacted. His inventory closes.

*Smack*

His hand grasps the spear, and the guard makes a break for the door. Puppet Master used Crystal Storm to create a barrier that covers the entire doorway so there was no escape. Puppet Master’s eyes were still glued to the book, and the guard frantically looks around the white Throne Room, for a path of escape.

“Approach me.” commanded Puppet Master.

After a few tense moments, hoofsteps tentatively approach Puppet Master’s throne. Once the stallion was six feet in front of Puppet Master, he slammed the book shut which reverberated through the room. Puppet Master rose his head and faced the Night Guard.

“Who do you work for?” asked Puppet Master.

“Princess Luna.” He answered in a stoic and disrespectful tone.

“No, you don’t. You’re a Night Guard, but you’re not doing this for Luna.” stated Puppet Master.

“I am acting on the behalf of all of Equestria! You’re a monster that needs to be stopped!”

“No, I’m not. Both Celestia and Luna have varying degrees of mistrust toward me, but they both know that I won’t act against them, unless they give me sufficient enough reason to do so. They are wise and old, and know I’m protected. This act of aggression was obviously preplanned, but not by the princesses. There would be more guards defending Luna, if it were.”

He started to sweat, but his expression never changed.

“Luna and Celestia know my abilities, and know they don’t want to face up against them. But my question is… why attack me dressed up as a Night Guard? I assume that you want me to have a 'disagreement' with one of the princesses so someone else can benefit, between our 'disagreements.'”

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

The crystal barricade was being pounded on, by something on the other side. I lowered the barrier, and I was greeted by the sight of Princess Luna in chains, along with her guard. She looked stressed and worried. Darkness was holding her horn, to make sure she couldn’t do magic while vines covered her chest, which kept her wings locked to her sides. The Night Guard beside her was missing his spear, and was bound completely. He was being carried on Darkness’s back.

“Sir! I’ve apprehended them to make sure we don’t have any more incidents.” said Darkness in his usual stoic and emotionless tone. Radiant Garden looked sad and ashamed.

“I swear, I didn’t plan for this!” said Luna.

“I know.” I responded. “Release them.”

The stallion in front of me was looking worried, when Princess Luna was unbound and her other guard was ungracefully dropped on his head and also unbound.

“You must understand-” started Luna.

“I know, don’t worry. You and Celestia are wise, not stupid. This plan to harm me was not his own, and certainly not your own either.”

The stallion in question tried to bolt out the door, but when he tried to lift his back hooves he found them petrified in a lavender crystalline structure.

“The plan to harm me, and ruin our relations, was supposed to be more organized. However, you somehow chosen one stallion who was a part of this plot, to create anger between us. In a half-planned out scheme, he decided to act on his own, and attack me while you were here. I’m guessing this was supposed to create some sort of hostage situation where I’ll hold you, for trying to kill me and Celestia would do whatever it takes to get you back.”

“D-did he tell you that?”

“No, but I can only guess that. But Luna I need to ask. Who benefits from a war between Equestria and the Empire?”

“I-I don’t know.” she replied, somewhat ashamed from the incident.

“My first guess would be the griffons.”

The stallion that was glued to the floor with my Crystals showed a sudden state of shock. His eyes were wide, but tried to make it look like he wasn’t affected. He quickly tried to get a hold of himself.

“The griffons? But why them?” asked Luna.

“Well, first because this traitor tensed up a little, when I suggested that. And that is the only other country that I know and which has very little to no diplomatic relations to Equestria, in my opinion.”

“The evidence is compelling, but your assumption isn’t exactly sound.” replied Luna.

“How so?”

“The griffons are associates to Equestria, and have a few trade agreements with us. We have an understanding that as long as our territory doesn’t have borders, we don’t have a problem with them. They don’t bother with us as much, because of some tribal disputes between griffon tribes. They do like to war with each other, but the governments in place are unorganized, and none of them care for Equestria enough to think of conquering it.”

“So griffons are a no. But maybe a griffon has a beef with Equestria, that we don’t know about.”

“Beef?” questioned Luna.

“Problem.”

“Oh. Well I can see how some griffons don’t like ponies, because they believe us to be weak. But no city state or continent is strong enough to destroy Equestria unless they all united. That is very unlikely, considering their relations with each other.”

“What if your army was weakened through a war with me?”

Luna paused for a moment. “Yes, then there are at least five larger government organizations within the griffon lands, that would most likely want to go to war with us if they could. But your presence alone, can dissuade them if you’re working with us. They have newspapers of the dark tower in Equestria, with its ominous view of the capital. They didn’t receive the news of you yet so they could have planned this weeks in advance.”

“So... that means they think me to be a warlord.” I responded, rolling my eyes. “Not too far from the truth, but far enough so it won’t happen.”

“Wait, what do you mean by ‘not too far from the truth’?” inquired Luna, eyeing me suspiciously. I could see a small smile on the caught guards face.

“I personally will find a war with Equestria invigorating. I’m not afraid to admit that. But what will I do with all the land I conquer? I don’t really find it appealing to own a massive continent. It makes me feel too powerful, and makes it look like my army is not. I frankly like the idea of holding onto an Equestria-conquering army in the walls of one castle, rather than the entire continent. It makes me feel good that I potentially hold all the cards. But I will never use it out of enjoyment of war.”

“You’d better not.” Luna flatly stated, trying to sound threatening.

“You’ve seen my army by now, haven’t you?” I deadpanned.

“Yes and… I’m afraid of it.” Luna admitted.

“I’d like to keep it that way. If ever I do need it when I am forced to do multiple things at once, then I’ll use it. But conquering Equestria isn’t at the top of the list. I do enjoy your presence.” I replied, with a lighter note.

“So you won’t attack Equestria, even if it’s tempting?” she asked, still looking at me suspiciously.

“Nope, I’d rather have the challenge to annex your territory through good deeds, than take them with by force.” I said slyly, knowing that Luna will put the pieces together with my medical proposal.

She eyed me angrily for a moment before smiling and straightening up. “Challenge accepted, Emperor Puppet Master.”

“Emperor? I’ve never been called Emperor before. Hmm I like the sound of that. And back to business! I think I’ll hold onto the traitor.”

“WHAT?!” shouted the stallion in question.

“Our intelligence forces are very well trained for such a task. I’d like to hold onto him. He is my responsibility after all.” stated Luna, sure of her sound judgment.

“But, he came from a trusted branch in your own personal guard. Doesn’t that worry you that his associates might free him?”

“We’ll keep him under constant surveillance.” assured Luna.

“Luna I trust you. I don’t trust your ponies. Your investigators are free to come here and interrogate him, but he will remain under my protection, so that he can’t escape. He will even sleep in a corrupt biome, so he won’t be unguarded by less than one thousand creatures of pure evil.” I said, implying darkly towards the end.

“Creatures of pure evil?” asked Luna, shocked.

“Oh yes. Wait, Darkness did you inform Luna that the corruption was created to engulf the entire planet in evil?”

“No sire. I didn’t think that it would be desirable to tell her that. I believed it would dampen our diplomatic relations.” he replied emotionlessly.

“W-what?! What else have you been keeping from me?” she angrily accused, looking toward Darkness.

“Darkness, didn’t I say tell her everything about the biomes?”

“I thought you’d want to keep the power of corruption a secret, because you wouldn’t want to cause any unnecessary alarm.”

“Good prediction. I was thinking about that, while you were giving the tour but… wait Radiant Garden was giving to tour. Why were you there?”

“I completed all my other tasks, and decided to be an extra eye to watch for any foul play. That one-” he pointed to the Night Guard who was still frozen to the floor. “-managed to slip past me, while I wasn’t looking down in the mines. I discovered he was missing and then heard commotion from your throne room. That’s when I apprehended Luna and her guard.”

“That’s ‘Princess’ to you.” responded an upset Luna. She basically wanted him to address her by title rather than be informal. I’m guessing she lost trust in him, because of the revelation.

“No fighting, kids.” I teased. “Darkness, create a small elevated platform in the mines. Keep the corrupt worms under a command to harm the guard if he ever thinks of stepping down from the platform. Also block off the door with a wall, just to be safe.”

“Shall I add underground patrols, to find any tunnels that are being made to break him out?”

“Yes, that will be good; and Luna.” I turned to face the Princess of the Night and continued when she made eye contact. “Did you see everything before this incident, or is there more you want to see?”

“Well I’ve only briefly saw the mines and I would love to see Radiant create something before my eyes. But I also need to inform Celestia of what transpired, so I believe I should leave now.”

“Do you wish for a replacement escort? I can accompany you to Canterlot myself to ensure your safety.”

“How are you with fighting?” asked Luna, curiously.

“I can take an army of anything with a cursed fire that can burn water.” came the cryptic reply.

“Very well! You shall accompany me!” exclaimed Luna.

“All right then. Darkness, you finished the airstrip?”

“Yes, I believe I confirmed that already.” he said still emotionlessly.

“Take him down to the mines with Radiant.” I commanded, pointing to the stallion and removing the crystals that forced his hooves on the ground. He immediately tried to run but Radiant Garden covered him in vines within seconds and forced him to crash back to the ground with a grunt.

“Good work, Radiant.” I said proudly to my Thane.

“Your approval is all I’ve ever wished for, master.” he happily replied.

“And it’s all because of your abilities to serve me. Oh, did you create your wasp regiment?”

“Yes I did, my Lord.”

“Practice creating things with the stuff you have on hand. During the Gala, I want you to impress the Canterlot Elite with your ability with plants. I want them to potentially support our plant projects.”

“Yes, my Lord! Right away, my Lord!” he excitedly replied, happily sprinting off down the spiral staircase.

We all watched him leave for a moment, before I spoke up. “I wasn’t really done, but ok.” I said to no one in particular. Luna giggled.

“Want me to retrieve him, my Lord?” Asked Darkness.

“Yes, get him back up here so he can help you escort that guy.” I pointed to the stallion who was still wrapped in vines.

“I can do that myself, my Lord.” came Darkness' reply.

“But you’ll be building the platform while he’s not being watched.”

“Soul Eaters will watch him for me. They are linked to me, so I will always be watching.”

“All right then. Luna, you ready to leave?”

“Yes I am, Puppet Master. Escort me away from here.” she replied, with a smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash was officially off the hook from any responsibilities, and was now heading toward the tower. Rarity packaged the dress, and kept it in storage where she’d be able to see it almost every day, so she won’t forget it’s there.

Rainbow’s mane was still brushed and well-kept, but the wind that was blowing through her mane was fixing that quite quickly. After she got half way towards the tower, her mane was a good half and half of well brushed and messy.

She was unaware of the eyes that were watching her from a distance. More so because she didn’t take them into account, when she decided to meet up with Puppet Master.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle was watching through her adjusted telescope at the tower. At the corner of her field of vision, she saw a blue dot moving toward the white tower. She slowly panned her telescope to the object, and tried to zoom in without losing visual. It was moving away from her and toward the tower, so it looked like it barely moved from her vantage point. She assumed it originated from Ponyville considering the course. When she zoomed in, she was shocked to discover it was trailing a rainbow.

Twilight Sparkle was speechless for a moment. She knew exactly who it was. Twilight moved her head away from the eyepiece of the telescope.

“Rainbow Dash.” quietly stated Twilight, with worry in her voice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash sped toward the tower with enthusiasm. She however slowed down when she caught sight of something in the clouds. She could swear she saw a head of a pony darting behind said cloud. She was about to dismiss it before realizing how close to the tower it was. Just a dozen miles away from the tower. Curiosity and duty got Rainbow to fly above the clouds and look down on the scene before her. She was stunned to see several Solar Guards hiding on top of the clouds watching her.

“Ma’am, I’m going to have to ask you to come with me.” Rainbow spun around to see a Solar Pegasi Corp Guard hovering behind her, with two other Pegasi Corp soldiers.

“W-what’s going on here?” she asked curiously, but couldn’t help but feel like she’s in trouble.

“We can’t tell you, but you need to come with us willingly. We don’t want to use force.”

“Y-sure.”

She followed the stallion while being flanked by the other two soldiers. They made their way above the clouds, keeping over the clouds that kept their visibility to the tower was as minimal as possible. They eventually got to a particularly thick and large cloud, with a massive platoon of Solar Guards trying to keep out of view. The group of four landed in the center of this crowd of soldiers. Some looked at them, and the rest glanced at them then returned to their duty knowing it was being handled.

“Ma’am, a civilian wondered into the staging area!” called out the pegasi Rainbow was asked to follow.

“Out of my way!” yelled a feminine, but almost masculine and commanding voice.

The organized crowd of pegasi moved out of the way for a particularly large mare who strolled up to Rainbow Dash, with her head held high. Rainbow couldn’t help but feel some fear toward the large mare. That was until she got enough features to figure out who it was.

“B-Barricade!?” questioned Rainbow Dash in shock.

“Rainbow Dash?” answered Barricade, losing her commanding stature after recognizing Rainbow Dash. “What are you doing here?” she asked accusatorily, narrowing her eyes at the multicolored Pegasus.

“I-I” Rainbow made a quick lie. “I s-saw something weird up in the c-clouds and I went to investigate.” she replied, trying to put on a brave face, but failing at doing so.

Barricade eyed her up and down, and watched Rainbow’s reaction. When she concludes her quick scan of Rainbow Dash she gives her a hard glare.

“I don’t know if I like that answer. You shouldn’t be here Rainbow.” she said with a hard voice.

“U-um what’s going on? A-am I in trouble?” inquired Rainbow still a little afraid.

“No you’re not in trouble. Not yet, anyway.”

“Should we keep her here?” asked the stallion next to her.

“Let’s hear her excuse. Why were you looking at the tower Rainbow?” commanded Barricade with her trademark stare.

“B-b-b-because Twilight asked her friends to help her watch the tower for Celestia.” replied Rainbow, fearfully. “I-I thought I saw something weird in the clouds, and I was going to r-run back to Twilight if it was anything dangerous.”

Barricade took the information, and nodded her head now accepting the excuse.

“All right, Celestia did inform me that she asked her student in Ponyville to watch the white tower. I’ll accept your excuse. As to why we’re here, Celestia believes Luna’s been held hostage. One of her guards returned in a panic to Canterlot to inform her that Luna was attacked the moment she entered the tower. Celestia is on her way right now to lead the surprise attack.”

Rainbow’s eyes widened in horror. “W-what? B-but that will mean-.”

“War.” finished Barricade. Rainbow as going to say Puppet Master’s in trouble, but she secretly thanked Celestia for being interrupted by Barricade. In her heart Rainbow knew Puppet Master would never take the Princess hostage. She knew him too well.

“Y-yea.” she nodded her head as if that was what she meant.

“PATROL!” shouted a stallion in the direction of the tower.

Every Solar Guard reacted and dove into the clouds. Rainbow was confused and didn’t do anything, but Barricade then pulled her under the cloud layer as well. A swarm of Soul Eaters rushed overhead, while scanning the tops of the clouds. They were moving in a circular pattern above the tower and this one strayed really far from it. After a few minutes of tense silence passed by. Rainbow thought about what she should do. She thought of sticking her hoof out of the cloud layer, but that may not convey the message that an army was outside the tower and it will eliminate the ability to warn Puppet Master any other way.

Rainbow finally made the decision, that once she’s able to leave she’ll bolt for the white tower.

“CLEAR!”

Barricade stood up out of the clouds in sync with every well trained soldier. She then pulled Rainbow out of the clouds.

“You may go now, Rainbow. This is no place for a civilian.” stated Barricade.

“But ma’am, what if she goes to tell our target?” spoke up a guard.

“She’s an Equestrian loyalist and the Element of Loyalty. She and the other elements stopped Nightmare Moon and Discord himself. I’m sure she won’t betray us when we let her go.” she said to the guard. She then turned to Rainbow. “Fly away as fast as you can ok? Also try to keep above the cloud layer so you won’t blow our cover.”

“R-right.” responded Rainbow, still a little unnerved. But most of all she felt a little guilty for breaking Barricade's trust with what she’s about to do.

“Follow me.” ordered Barricade. Rainbow did what she was told and began following Barricade to the edge of the cloud that was farthest from the tower. “There’s a safe zone above these clouds here.” She pointed at the long cluster of clouds. “If you fly along the top of the cloud trail, then you won’t risk exposing our position and potentially turning this into a very dangerous… actually you came here in full view. I change my mind dive down and leave so they won’t come to investigate. In fact I think that patrol saw you and came to get eyes on you… darn I should have thought of that.” Barricade thought out loud.

“I-it’s ok, I’ll get out of here quickly.” said Rainbow Dash, saluting Barricade.

Barricade smiled softly. “Good, and take care of yourself.”

Rainbow Dash looked over the edge and sighed softly, while Barricade watched her till she left. Rainbow went into a dive and disappeared under the cloud. Barricade went over to the edge and expected to see Rainbow flying off into the distance. She didn’t see her.

“Where’d she-?”

“THE CIVILIAN IS HEADING TOWARD THE TOWER!”

At that moment Barricade’s world almost broke down. She was livid.

“GRAB HER!”

Rainbow Dash kept going into the dive too keep her speed up. She took the chance to look behind her, and noticed some of the fastest pegasi guards were flying after her. She, however, was faster and had a head start so their pursuit almost ended because of how impossible it was to catch up to her. They, however, couldn’t give up because of what’s at stake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puppet Master and Princess Luna stood atop the tower next to the skylight they just flew through. The remaining Night Guard came through the hole, and landed beside Luna. The trio then flew off toward Canterlot. They all stopped at once when they saw seven distinct shapes flying toward them. One was faster than the others and seemed to have more than one color. The others were very similar and wore the same gold attire.

Puppet Master knew Rainbow Dash was the one in the lead. The Night Guard however didn’t know what was going on, so he lowered his spear and prepared to meet the targets heading their way. Luna seemed confused and concerned.

“Stand down.” I ordered the Night Guard. “I know the one in front. The ones behind her, however…”

The Guard pointed his spear way from Rainbow Dash and readied himself for the other six shapes.

“I’ll go out and meet them half-way. Luna go back by the skylight and prepare to retreat inside if they prove hostile.”

“Very well. I leave my protection in your hooves.” Luna then retreated back to the tower.

Rainbow Dash and company got closer, and we could make out the shapes and some features of each of the figures. I could tell they were Solar Guard. Rainbow was the first to reach us and she quickly hid behind me.

“Pup! Celestia thinks you’ve kidnapped Princess Luna, and her army is hiding in the cloud layer!” she shouted at my back. I kept my eyes trained on the guards and heard what she had to say.

I looked at the Night Guard and said. “They’ll attack me on sight if they believe I took Luna! Stop them so there doesn’t need to be a fight!”

“For Equestria!” The Night Guard flew forward and the Solar Guards slowed down. “STOP!” I heard the Nigh Guard say.

They started having a heated discussion, and I turned to Rainbow.

“Get Luna, and ask her to join me.”

“Where is she?” she asked.

“Top of my tower, you can see her from here.” I looked over at the white tower. Rainbow shared my gaze and saw the Princess of the Night with an unreadable expression, from this distance.

Rainbow flew off toward the white tower as fast as her wings can carry her. I looked back at the group and I could tell the conversation got even more heated. I looked down and saw a swarm of Soul Eaters hovering far below them and waiting for a command to attack. I knew they were watching the group of seven intensely, because that wasn’t their usual patrol pattern that I knew all too well.

Within no time at all, Luna rushed past me while Rainbow Dash stayed at my side.

“Umm... Puppet Master...” she solemnly started.

“Yes, Rainbow?”

“They might know that I’m loyal to you. Barricade’s pegasi stopped me, and questioned me. Once they were done she told me to go back to Ponyville and I flew towards the tower instead. Those pegasi were following me here.”

I let the information sink in. This means Rainbow is compromised, and to potentially save her from being called a traitor, I’m going to need to tell Celestia and Luna she’s my newest Thane.

“It’s ok, Rainbow. I’ll handle it. You should go to the Biology Lab and provide Radiant Garden a blood sample, so we can improve you. Lord knows some of Celestia’s loyalists will see your actions as betrayal, and might come after you. I’ll take care of you until this all blows over, ok?”

“Ok… thanks.” she turned to leave but stopped and came back. I was looking at the argument again, when she put her hooves around me, and kissed me on the cheek. She waited long enough to see my reaction. I smiled and held onto her hoof for a moment before I let go so she can head to my tower.

Rainbow was now out of sight, and Luna’s presence stalled the argument. She looked back at me and motioned me closer. To which I responded, by flying toward them. The guards didn’t seem tense or confused in any way. But they seemed very serious.

“Puppet Master. I want to apprehend Rainbow Dash for treason. She may have done the right thing and I will give her a reduced sentence for it, but it is what it is.”

“I can’t let you do that, Princess Luna.”

Luna seemed a bit taken back. “Why not?”

“She’s my Thane. Like it or not, she became a part of my kingdom just a few days ago. I kept it a secret for her protection. If others were to know about it, she would possibly be a target for those who don’t agree with me being here.”

Luna remained silent for a few moments. “I see, but what you just told me isn’t helping her case. In fact it proves me correct for accusing her of treason. Oh, one moment.” she turned to the Solar and Night guards who were still present. “Return to the army, and report to them what I told you. Tell Barricade and keep Celestia from launching an attack. I need to speak to Puppet Master, alone.”

They headed off toward the battle group. That included the Night Guard that was protecting Luna.

“You know, by sending away your only protection, that was a very dangerous move.”

“Yes, but I know you wouldn’t want this situation to get too much out of hoof. Besides I’m not done with you.”

“Yes… Rainbow.”

“She betrayed Equestria, Puppet Master.” Luna accused seriously.

“And she’s part of my kingdom, Luna. If you want Rainbow you’ll have to take her by force. I will not let you touch her.”

“Puppet Master, if you don’t do this then it will hurt our relations. Please don’t make this any harder than it already is.” she sadly replied.

“Luna, you’re asking me to hand you someone that I care about. That’s like me asking you, to hand over Blueblood or we couldn’t be friends. It’s a question so absurd that it has an obvious answer. No.” I said firmly.

“…I understand your reasoning and I’m sorry…” She looked at the ground and noticed the Eater patrols moving about normally. “All right. I won’t ask you to hand over Rainbow Dash. Your point made it clear to me, that by punishing her it will do more damage than good. I will plead your case with my Sister, and if she’s swayed, then we’ll drop the matter. But I warn you that if Celestia chooses not to forgive Rainbow Dash, then we may have a situation I cannot fix.”

“If you are to plead my case, and Celestia chooses to go to war with me, then I will show mercy to all those who happen to suffer for her decision. And just me Luna, I will know if you don’t follow through.”

“Then it’s settled. I’ll try to convince Celestia that this is a misunderstanding, and Rainbow should be pardoned. I didn’t want to punish her either, but Celestia may feel obligated to follow the law that was set in place by our father to show we won’t forgive criminals. If we do have to clash…”

“I will not harm those who wish not to be involved. If you are forced to participate because you’re the co-ruler, then I will forgive you. I will forgive Celestia too. But remember, someone wants us to clash.” I finished ominously, while flying away.

Luna almost forgot the fact that someone tried to strain the relations between Equestria and the Red Rose Empire, and almost completely dismissed it because of the current situation. She flew off toward the army Celestia organized, while I flew off toward my white tower.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened up the Biology Lab door where I walked in on Radiant Garden injecting a small syringe full of blood into the walnut plant structure that was attached to the thick tree. Rainbow was in the middle of the room, looking at the floor looking very worried with her ears laid back on her head. She lifted her head and saw me. Immediately her ears rose up, and she looked at me with fear.

“W-what happened?”

“Luna wants to take you in for treason. I told her I won’t give you away. I eventually convinced her that handing you off to her was like her handing her nephew to me, so we’d stay friends. She understood, and decided it was best to forget the issue.”

“Oh good.” Rainbow replied, relieved.

“However.” she tensed up again. “They now know about you being my Thane and you could be in danger, if you return to Ponyville. Not only that, but Celestia still doesn’t know Luna wasn’t kidnapped. Hopefully, Luna will speak on our behalf and diffuse the situation. However that still doesn’t excuse the treason charge placed on you, until both Celestia and Luna pardon you. That’s going to take time. You may have to stay with me for a few days, if only for this to blow over. And if it doesn’t then you’ll have to stay with me until we are no longer at war with Equestria.”

“W-war?!”

“Yes… if the Princesses don’t agree to forgive you, then I will have to protect you with the best of my ability.”

“P-please don’t do this for me.” she sadly replied.

“I won’t let them take you, Rainbow. And I won’t let you leave to save me.”

Radiant Garden turned around, and I saw his frown. Unbeknownst to me, the other Thanes have already gotten used to Rainbow and like her presence.

*SLAM*

I spun around to see Celldric and Hunger burst through the door. “Master! Darkness sent messengers, and we all know what happened. Even Shadow Master is aware!”

“What?” I said confused.

“Rainbow’s been charged of treason, and we could end up going to war if it’s not fixed.”

“How did you find out so fast? I didn’t tell any of you. And how did you get here so fast? I thought you were out, searching for artifacts?” I questioned, even more confused.

“We were in a nearby town, looking at the museums in Manehatten. The messenger was fast, and we used the magic mirrors to return here as fast as we could.” replied Hunger.

“Ok, that explains that. But how did you know about this so fast, when I myself just recently found out?”

“That would be my fault.” answered a disinterested voice, from the door way. We all looked in the direction and found Darkness leaning against the frame. “What most people don’t know, is that Soul Eaters have really good hearing as well as good sight, to go with their eyes. It’s how they always know where you are no matter what, even if you happen to be invisible. So far only Shadow Master can reliably avoid them.”

“Then I appreciate what you’ve done. With everyone here, it’ll be easier. Well Shadow Master doesn’t need to be here, because his services are now very useful for knowing my Empire's fate.”

“I told him to stay in the throne room, where Luna and Celestia are more likely to discuss the issue.”

“Wait, Shadow Master is in the throne room?” interrupted Rainbow.

“Yes, and he’s our intelligence. Ok, Darkness give him a new assignment to discover all the disloyal soldiers and political figures in Equestria… well ask him to do that, after this situation blows over.”

“I’ll make the letter now, my Lord.” Darkness left the room.

“Radiant, I’m going to need to ask you to hurry up in making Rainbow Dash more powerful.”

“I’m already did my analysis of her DNA, and am ready for your review.” replied Radiant Garden swiftly.

Rainbow seemed to lose more and more morale, the more she thought about the situation. She was now so depressed, her ears were laid flat on her head and she was hunched over in a mini-depression. I had to act fast.

“Celldric, Hunger. I need you to grab a few buckets, and fill them up with water. Then bring them to Radiant Garden. I need to improve Rainbow Dash’s body as soon as possible, so she’ll be able to protect herself when I’m not around.”

“On it!” they both replied in unison, and rushed out the door.

“Rainbow.” I turned to the mare in question. “You should go to your room. If you want, I’ll grab you some dinner.”

“Ok.” dejectedly Rainbow Dash replied, not hiding her depressed tone. She sluggishly made her way out the door. I watched her take each painful step. When she was out of sight, I looked back at Radiant.

“Can you make food and deliver it to her room?” I asked him.

“Yes, I can do that. I know how to create some hay, with what I have here.”

“Good. I need to go comfort her.”




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed Rainbow Dash into the hall. I caught up to her as she was just about to make it to the staircase. She was trotting painfully slow.

“Rainbow!” I called after her.

She slowly looked back at me. I approached her, and stopped in front of her. She had the most helpless look in her eyes that stared into my soul, that seemed to ask ‘what?’. It was both unnerving and terrifying to see Rainbow so broken.

“Rainbow.” I kneeled down so she would be at eye-level with me. “I’m going to lay out the entire situation to you now, and all I want you to do is listen. Can you do that for me?” I said petting her mane.

“Hmhmm.” she replied, nodding her head.

“You’ve been charged with treason, and you know that already. However, Luna barely knows you, and she probably doesn’t even know you at all besides your name and possibly where you live. I convinced her to support you, and you know that. Celestia, however, knows you better than any other princess, and will most likely support you too. Luna’s going to inform Celestia about the situation, and convince her to drop the charges. Celestia is more likely to side with your freedom more likely than Luna because of her previous knowledge of who you are.”

Rainbow smiled softly, and visibly relaxed.

“Now... if Celestia does however choose not to support you.”

She lost her smile.

“I will try with all my power to allow weekly get-togethers with all of your friends. I will also ask Celestia to relinquish the skies around the tower to me, so you can continue doing your job in the weather team. I will also do everything in my power to make it so you can change your appearance at will, so you can go into Equestria without alerting Celestia’s Royal Guard.”

Rainbow gave me a blank look, before moving forward and embracing me with her front hooves.

“Thanks… for everything you’re doing for me.” I returned her embrace.

“Even though it’s because of me, that you’re in this situation in the first place?”

“NO! I chose this! I knew that I was choosing you over Celestia, and I chose you, ok? And since I chose you, you’ve been looking out for me.” Her embrace got tighter. “Can you promise me, not to beat yourself up over it?” she questioned affectionately.

“…I promise.” I said without a doubt. I knew I will protect Rainbow Dash with all my ability, and not even Celestia can stand between me and that goal.