• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 13,089 Views, 616 Comments

What Happens in Terraria - BioChemicalWolfGear



I was playing Terraria when I found a magic mirror that went somewhere...new.

  • ...
54
 616
 13,089

Invation

I quickly sprinted into town and stopped at the market. What I saw made me almost burst into laughter but it kept me silent because of the sheer size of it…

It was a giant dandelion that ponies were struggling to cut down. I immediately put two and two together and came to the conclusion that Radiant Garden proved he can control plants and made it to awe the crowd. Or what I assumed was a crowed because there was no way someone would miss this.

I also noted that the pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies who were trying to cut it down were having too much trouble.

I leaned a blade.

“CLEAR THE AREA!” I said putting a fireball in my hand-thanks to the cursed flame tome-and did a kame hame ha movement with my hands. Immediately all the ponies scrambled and the fireball flew straight towards the giant weed.

The ponies that were working on cutting down the infernal weed watched with awed expressions as it was burnt down and ceased to exist in front of them. It was only a few short moments when they all started to stomp their hooves in appraisal.

‘If only they knew the imminent threat.’ I thought to myself with a smile on my face that obscured my worries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia sits on her thrown with a small scowl on her face. Most wouldn’t notice it but the guards who spent years by her side learned the ways of her stoic expression. She even taught them how to stay stoic under extreme pessimism. They not only see her as their ruler but their mentor as well. Only Celestia’s personal guard think this of course. And more than once they would ask her what’s wrong.

“Celestia? Are you ok?” Said the younger guard who broke his pose. The other more experienced guard glared at him but stopped when Celestia sighed in defeat.

“He called me weak…and he had no scars to prove I am. He can potentially turn Equestria into a chaotic world of anarchy if he wanted. I wouldn’t be able to stop him if he causes trouble…That’s worrying to me.”

“Equestria will stand by your side your majesty.”

“Thank you guard.” She smiled happily at him. Celestia felt better about the situation. Even if she was weaker than a possible threat she can still deal with it with her whole nation. But most importantly she was still the most powerful being in the world.

Just then the door slammed open and Celestia cringed in disgust as another intruder burst through the door.

“CELESTIA COME QUICK!” Said the panicked guard. Celestia’s eyes shot open and the realization dawned on her that there was something serious brewing in Canterlot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sprinting through the town I try to spot anything green…what do you know I found green! But no Radiant green.

That is until I came across a flower shop. I saw Radiant Garden coming out of it smiling with a giddy Roseluck.

“HEY! RADIANT!” I shouted. He looked around in confusion until his eyes rested on me.

“My lord?” He said confused.

I stopped in front of him. “Having fun?”

“Yes my lord.”

“Sorry to hear that. Anyway here’s another phase blade.” I handed him the extra green phase blade.

“But I already have on.”

“Duel wield then.” I smiled expectantly.

He looked between the on at his side and the one in his hand. He gripped the other one with his other hand and he activated them both at once.

“Whoa.” Said Roseluck.

“Whoa indeed.” I said. Radiant Garden looked pretty bad ass will duel wielding.

“Why did you give me another sword master?”

“Oh right! The corruption is here and we need to purify it. Or all your friends will be hurt.” He looked at Roseluck worryingly and then looked back at me with a determined expression.

“On your command my lord, we will fight to protect Equestria.”

“Good man. Let’s get some purification powder and…oh…”

“Something wrong my lord?”

“The dryad is in Equestria somewhere I don’t know. I have a few stacks of purification powder but that’s all. Just two full stacks. That’s not going to be enough.”

“Am I missing something?” We both looked at Roseluck, she had a puzzled expression.

“Equestria is in danger and we’re going to save it.” I grinned confidently while wrapping my arm around Radiant Garden.

“Oh…okaaaaaaaaaaay?”

“LET’S GO!”

“Where to my lord?”

“I have no idea!” I sprinted off leaving a dumbfounded and mortified Radiant and Rose.

“…W-wait for me my lord!” Shouted Radiant once the realization dawned on him that I’m going to find the corruption.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Master…the master of stealth and surprise. His skills in guerrilla warfare are invaluable to anyone. He once led a few adventurers through the corruption with no incident.

But he always worked for a price. He found the corruption to be an annoyance to him at all times. He liked the look of it though. Now that the corruption lets him freely roam without any trouble he’s happy to serve it. As long as it doesn’t corrupt him he wouldn’t mind being able to wonder without anything bothering him. Unlike the corruption in Terraria, Equestria doesn’t allow the creatures to see him by simply being there. He can hide and not be found. The corruption would rather be able to see him so it allows him to roam.

He was first tasked to corrupt all of Terraria. Which was an easy feat since the corruption spreads on its own.

Though he was a little bitter about his current task. He is to summon the Eater of Worlds when there is enough corruption to summon him.

“I hate my job.” Said Shadow Master bitterly while reflecting on the last time he did that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We ran through the town without direction. Until I suggested we check Terraria for the source of where the threat is coming from. Chances are it has originated from there. Corruption doesn’t just fly through a portal and make its way far from civilization so it can spread without interruption. No this was organized and planned.

Something the corruption can’t do.

“PUPPET MASTER WAIT!” Shouted a purple unicorn as we passed by a tree house.

I halted in my tracks and looked towards the hollowed out tree. “What do you need Twilight?” I asked.

“Celestia sent me a letter.” She said running towards us. “It’s about an incident near the western boarders of Equestria. And there’s something strange going on with a guard that’s being detained right now. She want’s your expert opinion.” Said Twilight.

“Can you ask her to get me a chariot? Or is train faster? Never mind I’ll fly. Radiant you stay here and take this purification powder. If the corruption spreads to ponyville I need you to keep it at bay.”

“Yes my lord!” He grabs the purification powder from me.

“I’ll be off.”

With one powerful beat of my wings I flew off towards Canterlot at a vigorous and swift pace.

It took a mere ten minutes to get there by air but as I flew there I scanned the ground below. I found however didn’t make me happy. Nothing. That means I don’t know where the corruption is and I wanted that information. But looking back at the sky I noticed a brown creature dart behind a cloud. I approached cautiously and when I got close it darted out.

A corruptor.

“OH SHIT!” It lobbed a corrupt loogy at me and I swiftly cut it out of the air destroying it instantly with Excalibur’s purifying light. I duel wielded wolfGear’s sword and I swung it at the corruptor instantly cutting it in half.

“One down…” I looked over to my left and saw an entire swarm darting out of the clouds and right toward me. “…about a thousand to go.” I deadpanned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” A torrent of screams came from Ponyville as a stampede of corrupt bunnies charged at the town and bit innocent ponies.

Radiant Garden made sure they had a hard time.

Not only was he duel wielding green phase blades, but he also was taking control of his Ivy Whip and strangling-and eventually beheading-corrupt bunnies. But thankfully for the citizens of Ponyville the bunnies were after all lifeforms and rarely are they able to keep up with a pony until they are sidetracked by another creature that is slower.

Soul Eaters run rampant through the skies devouring birds and pinching wings off of pegasi who were unfortunate enough to get too close.

Rainbow had no trouble and in fact was fighting the flying creatures off better than the guards who’ve arrived. But everyone was surprised when Radiant Garden did the most carnage to the invaders. He purified every bunny and murdered every floating beast he could get his hands on. At one point he chocked out a bunny while slamming two more together with the ivy whip while simultaneously dealing with a corrupt Minotaur AND using his two available vines to clamp the ant like pincers of a Soul Eater’s mouth shut!

In fact Rainbow stopped to watch him be a total complete bad ass for so long she almost got ripped apart by another floating monster. But it took the pecking of a corrupt bird for her to actually see the Soul Eater coming at her.

Applejack arrived five minutes into the battle and hog tied anything that was moving in a group. Twilight kept a bubble around major population sections of the town to keep the monsters from pillaging places that would take years to rebuild.

Even Rarity helped out with Fluttershy. At one point Fluttershy had to stare a bunny to stop attacking but it only lasted long enough for a group of lucky survivors to get away. Rarity was tending to the wounded and carrying pegai wings and pegasi to the hospital with her ability to hold many objects.

Other ponies who were young enough to evade the invaders joined in with the guards picking up improvised weapons to fend off the attackers.

Big Macintosh joined in despite Fluttershy’s objections and managed to carry away wounded.

Then after ten minutes into the fight the flying enemies just stopped coming. Radiant Garden who put on his jungle armor for the battle looked up for a moment to see Puppet Master in the distance surrounded by literally thousands of Soul Eaters and Corruptors.

“MASTER!” Shouted Radiant Garden. Rainbow heard him and she looked in the direction he was looking in. Her jaw muscles must have snapped because once her jaw dropped it was almost impossible to close it.

In front of her was a massive cloud of Soul Eaters and within a few seconds the outline of Puppet Master disappeared in the center. But what caused Rainbow’s mouth to drop was the fact that once that happened the ball of evil exploded into a green fiery water fall of corpses. The whole mass was destroyed instantly and all the dismembered forms fell to the ground.

“Whoa…” A few other ponies saw it and couldn’t look away. But the screams of one of these ponies as a bunny latched onto her neck caused the rest to snap out of their stupor and rush to her aid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puppet Master looks around for anymore insurgents. None. He looks back at Ponyville and sees a shield up to protect the town.

‘Should I go join them and help? Nah Celestia needs me and Radiant Garden is there to protect them.’ I thought wisely.

I sped off toward the direction of Canterlot. The city itself also seemed to have a bubble and pegasi guards seemed to be patrolling the skies. I approached a patrol and called out to them when they spotted me.

“HEY!”

“STATE YOUR BUSINESS!”

I got closer. “I need to speak to Celestia. She sent for me.”

“Where’s the letter?”

“Right here actually.” I said picking the letter out of my armor. I had it the whole time.

“Good we’ll let you through the shield.”

They flew off with me in tow towards the magical barricade and we made our way in front of it. It opened once their spears got close to it and I flew through and towards the castle. Their spears must be made of some seriously rare material to look like iron and split magical shields…or maybe iron in Equestria can do that.

I landed at the front gate and the guards let me in. Walking through the halls of Canterlot’s palace I admired the décor that I neglected to pay attention to when I was here first. I was stopped by a few guards who did NOT look happy.

“Look what we’ve got here. The intruder. We didn’t get a chance to thank you for our embarrassment.” Said the first guard threateningly.

I decided to totally troll them the best I can. “Any time brotha.” I said as friendly as I can. “Got places to be though. I’ve got to meet Celestia but when I get back I’ll buy you tea…or whatever you ponies find intoxicating.”

“Umm no we’re going to rough you up.” He said angrily.

“But I’m already rough. My armor isn’t exactly smooth. Unless you mean my skin. In that case the bottom of my feet are rough.” I smiled at them.

“No we’re going to hurt you!”

“But why?” I said with puppy dog eyes.

“Because you insulted us in front of the princess by arresting us all!”

“But I thought we were playing arrest tag?” I said innocently.

He growled. “NO WE WERE TRYING TO STOP YOU AFTER YOU BROKE IN TO THE CASTLE!”

“But I didn’t break anything.”

“THAT’S NOT THE POINT! YOU CAME IN UNANNOUNCED!”

“But once I got in I told Celestia I was here so-”

“SHUT UP!”

“no.”

“I’LL KILL YOU!” He lunged at me and I punched him in the face as he went to tackle me.

“That was fun.” I said to the other guard. “Are we playing punch tag? I love that game!” I winded my fist up for another go but the other guard dashed off.

“Pussy.”

I continued my walk through the palace and came upon the big double doors and entered.

Inside was Celestia pacing back and forth. She looked at me with a relieved expression.

“Good you’re here. Did you have any delays?”

“Equestria is under attack.”

“I know that now. I summoned you before hoof. Is Ponyville ok?” She said worried.

“I cleared the skies so they only needed to deal with the ground forces. My associate is an expert at ground combat so I guarantee the fighting should be done by now.”

“Thank goodness.” She put a hoof on her forhead. “If anything happened to my faithful student and her friends.” She looked up grimly before shaking the thought and acknowledging me again. “There is a disturbing presence in my kingdom.”

“Who?”

“More like what. Bring him in!”

A couple of guards come in through the doors I just came in from. Don’t ask me how they were able to sneak up on me because I forgot to ask. I was more intrigued by what they were carrying on a stretcher with leather straps keeping the creature down.

A corrupted guard was brought before me and set down in front of me.

“Do you know what this is?”

“…”

“Puppet Master?”

“Let me remove it.” I got closer to him and he snarled at me and tried to break free and rip my face off. I calmly reached into my pockets-yes armor has pockets-and pulled out some purification powder. I dumped a bag on his body and he quickly turned back into a regular guard.

“Where am I?” He said.

“You’re safe son.” I said.

“Who are-oh you’re Puppet Master! I’ve heard of you…why am I in the throne room?”

“Because you’ve been corrupted by that purple grass.” He looked at me in shock.

“You know what that is?”

“Yes it’s from my world. If we don’t stop it from spreading then Equestria will turn into exactly what he did.” I said pointing toward the guard.

“How do we stop it?” Asked Celestia.

“Good question. ISIS!”

I waited a few moments.

“ISIS GET OUT HERE!”

“Puppet Master what are you-”

“Ahem.” All eyes turned towards a green haired woman with leaves covering her more private areas of her body. She just materialized behind Celestia.

“Isis? I thought you were to talk to Celestia.”

“I-I-I…umm I was working up the courage.” She said sheepishly and she hid her hands behind herself and lowered her head to seem smaller.

“Wow you and Radiant are so alike…hmm.” I imagined them marrying each other. “That’s an adorable thought.”

“What is?” Said Celestia.

“Not important. Anyway Isis here can give us purification powder to fix the corruption.”

“A-as much as you need yes.” She said trying to hide behind Celestia.

“You’re very shy aren’t you.” Said Celestia in a motherly tone.

“Y-yes.” Celestia wrapped a wing around her form.

“Don’t worry. I won’t harm you. The purity of this world is all that matters to me. I happen to know a pony that is just as shy as you.”

“R-really?”

“Her names Fluttershy. My faithful student Twilight also was pretty shy when she first tried to make friends. Though a quick trip to Ponyville set her straight.”

“Umm excuse me?” Said the guard whom we’ve neglected to untie. “Can I get out now?”

“No you sit right there where you’re useful.” I said which enticed a glare from Celestia.

“Untie him.” She said to a guard. He took the orders and began undoing the straps.

“Now about this purification powder.” Celestia said looking back kindly at Isis.

“Here.” She swept her hand in the air and spawned a massive pile of purification powder. “This will clear the corruption but you must act fast before it becomes futile and you need to isolate whole towns.”

“How should we approach this?”

“With as many ponies as you can spare! This needs to be removed NOW or the whole world is in danger!”

Celestia’s gaze became serious and she looked forward. “Guards. Bring me Shinning Armor and arm his troops with these bags. Three a pony if you can. More if there are extra.”

“Yes ma’am!” They all dart out the door.

“And so begins the corruption war.” I said quite bored.