• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 13,105 Views, 616 Comments

What Happens in Terraria - BioChemicalWolfGear



I was playing Terraria when I found a magic mirror that went somewhere...new.

  • ...
54
 616
 13,105

The Others

I laid there motionless. I’m sure every single child in Ponyville came up to me and jumped on my motionless and aching body before an adult shoed them away and said they were sorry for the trouble.

I personally didn’t mind the interruptions. It’s not like I have an endless stream of thoughts in my head to keep me entertained for four hours.

“Howdy.” Said an orange mare that approached me on my left. “Need anything before ah leave partner?”

“A hug and your friendship.” I grinned under my headgear.

She gave a low chuckle. “Good to know yer doin’ well Sugarcube.”

“Actually I’m beginning to feel better. Mind helping me up.”

“Sure thing.”

She went behind my head and helped me lift that before pushing my torso off the ground with my assistance. I was able to sit up and I realized most of the soreness went away but just enough so I don’t feel so stiff. I could feel my wings folded against my back and as she got me to my feet I spread them to feel the direction of the wind so I could glide to higher altitude like a kite.

Applejack gave me an impressed whistle. “Nice wings sugarcube.”

I took off my helmet and wiggled my eyebrows suggestively. “Applejack like?” I teased.

“Hehe, ah don’t go for non-ponies.”

“Such a shame. You’re a pretty mare.”

‘Now I’m hitting on Applejack HOORAH!’

“Better watch yerself Puppet Master er ya’ll gunna be more than just sore when ah’m threw wit’cha.” She gave me a teasing glare.

“I like mares with a bite.” I teased.

“Ah like to bit off the head of the foolish stallion who thinks they can get wit’ me.”

“Whoa you like biting head?” I said in mock surprise.

“Whoa wait what? Gawh!” She face hoofed. “Ah can’t believe ah fell for that!”

“To be fair you kinda set yourself up for that.”

“Wh-now yer just bein’ plain rude!” She pointed an accusatory hoof at me.

“Sorry I like pointing out flaws and exploiting things. It’s what I do.” I said apologetically...kinda.

“Well don’t let it happen again.” She stormed off to her stall leaving me standing there on my own.

‘Did I somehow potentially ruin my friendship with Applejack?’ I thought to myself. ‘Meh I’ve got to stop being a dick…or at least stop hitting on the ones that don’t like to be hit on. Wait does Applejack count? She didn’t seem to mind at first but then…that. Meh I’ll stop.’

I watched Applejack pack up her stall that was barren of apples.

“Should I?” I said out loud.

‘I sent memories to that filly right? I felt her memories and I could remove them I know that…is it possible that I can rewrite Applejacks memories to fix this conversation? Nah but I can send images of my world. Or a world I’ve created maybe.’

I approached her as she was packing up the stall. She looked at me with a stoic expression like she wasn’t interested.

“What’cha want?” She said absentmindedly.

“To apologies.”

“That so?” She gave me a look and stopped what she was doing to lean up against the stall and continue looking at me with that stoic expression.

“Yes. Sorry about what I said. I started flirten with you as a bit of a joke; though that wasn’t a problem you gave me the impression that you don’t mind innuendos so I decided to make one. Didn’t think you’d react like this because of it. If I offended you in any way I’m sorry.” I said sincerely.

She eyed me for a moment trying to detect any hint of a lie on my exposed face. After a few seconds of watching me closely she finally spoke.

“Well all right Ah forgive yah. Just don’t let it happen again ok?” She said with a small smile finding its way on her face. She turned back and started to fold up the roof of the stall.

‘I must have just saved my relationship with Applejack. Though if I know girls she’s going to be cautious about trusting me in the future. Well at least until I earn it back. Not that bad when you think about it. Just some work needs to be put into gaining her trust. But not too much to make it look like I’m actively trying to gain it.’

I took a moment to watch her pack up the stall.

“Need help?” I asked.

“Nah ah got it sugarcube.” She threw a smile my way.

‘Well at least she’s using sugarcube again.”

I looked around for something to do.

‘Where’s Rainbow when you need her?’

I noticed she had the harness hooked up to her and was ready to pull it with her.

“Hey do you know where Rainbow is at the moment?” She gave off the feeling of annoyance but didn’t show it.

“Should be tenden the clouds.”

‘Dammit I’m sounding desperate to reconcile when I don’t want to reconcile.’

“Thanks though that doesn’t tell me where she is at all. I’ll get out of your mane.”

I thumped my wings and launched myself fifty feet into the air with one stroke. Once I was at my desired height I took a look around the skies and at the clouds. I spotted a few pegasi on the horizon and I believed they could guide me to Rainbow Dash.

Pumping my wings I was able to get to them only to find none other than Cloud Kicker and Thunderlane positioning clouds above a small backyard garden of what I assume to be a flower shop. Hovering only a few feet from them they both spot me and Cloud Kicker gives me that awed but longing look she got when we first met. Though I got to see it again because we met again.

“Sup. You guys don’t happen to know where Rainbow Dash is do you?”

They both held a befuddled face before Thunderlane responded…and quite defensively as well.

“What the hay do you want with Rainbow huh?” He said giving me a judgmental look.

“What? She’s like the only one I know around here.”

“Oh umm I can take you to her.” Said Cloud Kicker a little too enthusiastically.

“No I don’t want to waste your time.”

“I wouldn’t mind at all!” She said enthusiastically.

“I however would. The way you look at me is quite lustful and slightly unnerving.” She blushes deeply.

Thunderlane looks at her with a knowing look and then bursts into laughter. “BAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man Cloud Kicker! HAHAHAHAHA!”

She glares at him and looks back to me. “She’s that way.” She deadpans and points a hoof north of Ponyville.

“Thank you. And sorry for the humiliation love.”

I beat hard to leave in the proper direction.

“Love?” said Thunderlane quizzically once I was distanced from the two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far from the proud city of Cloudsdale, a black tower was visible from every corner of Cloudsdale if it you could see west.

In the pegasi corps Barricade has assembled a team to investigate said tower and discover its inhabitance.

“Stallions! We’ve been assigned to investigate the anomaly that we dub ‘The Tower of Darkness’. We will fly out and investigate this anomaly and report back to the princesses with our findings. No one touches anything while there understood?”

“Yes ma’am!”

“All right! FORMATION!”

She took into the air and the both squads of ten followed her in a V formation. One squad on each side. They flew above the bustling city of Cloudsdale that was now aware of the strange anomaly as it quite literally sprung up in the night when no pony was awake to witness it appear.

She gave no mind to the ponies who roamed around and asked about the tower, nor did she pay any mind to the ones who were looking over the side, she was so concentrated on her objective she even missed the ponies who watched them begin to descend towards the tower in the distance. It was by no means only below Cloudsdale, no.

What made this tower an anomaly is that it rose higher than Canterlot even though its base was equivalent to the bottom of the Canterlot’s mountain.

They got closer to the tower and noticed some ghastly creatures with pincers and many eyes were floating lazily around the tower. What shocked them the most was the fact that these monsters had no wings.

“Keep your guard up!” Shouted Barricade to her twenty man squad. Each had a spear and Barricade had a longsword for her choice of weapons.

They kept in formation and lowered towards the entrance. Upon reaching it they realized the architecture of said black tower was similar to the architecture in Cloudsdale. Only way more menacing than the beautiful and proud aura of Cloudsdale’s cloud work.

“I don’t like the look of this place.” Said a guard near the back.

“No kidding.” Said another one.

“Shut up and keep alert!” Shouted Barricade.

A group of thirty wingless monsters flew overhead and noticed the group, all eyed turned to them but the creatures made no movement towards the pegasi group. They were all unnerved when they saw even the eyes in the back were watching them as they floated away from view. Those creepy eyes sent shivers down their spines including Barricade’s.

“Let’s move.” She said in a commanding tone.

They went into the abyss of the towers empty torch lit hallways.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way on the highest point of Canterlot’s mountain a figure stood watching the tower in the distance.

His hollowed armor pulsed with energy while he looked through the slit in his headgear towards the dark tower in silence and contemplation. His wings were tucked to his sides and his stature was proud and strong.

He eyes the tower with interest.

“Come on you bastard.” Said the figure of Celldric. “Why haven’t you spread corruption yet? I saw your tower build itself the other night but…why aren’t you acting normal?” He said to himself.

“Celldric!” Came a voice from down the mountain. “You going to warm up by the fire or contemplate life all day?”

“Neither Hunger. I’m analyzing the activity surrounding wolf’s tower in the west.”

“You can’t see any activity from this distance! I’m sure you wouldn’t see any corruptors or anything from this distance anyway. They’ll be too small.”

“Maybe…but there’s something wrong here.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep in whitetail woods there was yet another anomaly that neither pony nor beast laid eyes on yet. A tree that’s grown wider than nature would allow seemed to have a massive bulge that was ten feet wide and ten feet tall. In the center of said girth from the abnormal tree was an entity that had yet to be born.

A creature known and loved by so many. A Terrarian that’s loyalty was unmatched and who’s presence inspires flowers to simply bloom out of respect.

In the center of this large tree with massive roots splitting through the ground and grown up to the surface that spread miles was the Terrarian who’s powers over nature are unmatched by any other nature spirit.

This entities name was Radiant Garden.

And he was suffering. Like Puppet Master he too fell from the sky. But the force of the impact from the shockwave did more damage to his less protected body and its jungle armor.

He rests in stasis thanks to the jungles loyalty to all those who protect it. And the jungle was making sure no creature with a hungry stomach or a pony with an ignorant mind will approach him.

‘Thank you my friends.’ His mind called out to the trees. ‘I will be sure to water you with mineral rain and grow you to new heights for your kindness.’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in a distant land where the griffon tribes roam free was a crater. In this crater…nothing. Nothing but the small sound of breathing and the invisible aching body of Shadow Master.

He landed in a forest far from any griffon settlement. But he was just as bad as Radiant Garden. Maybe even worse than Radiant Garden because he had no trees to help him out.

And so he waited for darkness to take him in this natural world.











(Sorry for slow updates. I've been thinking a lot about the story and how to do this particular chapter. I think I got it down so expect updates more often.)