• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 13,092 Views, 616 Comments

What Happens in Terraria - BioChemicalWolfGear



I was playing Terraria when I found a magic mirror that went somewhere...new.

  • ...
54
 616
 13,092

Battle For Equestria (Part 1)

Puppet Master and Radiant Garden stood wide eyed at the amount of soldiers in the court yard. You couldn’t navigate the spaces between them if you tried. What’s even more impressive is that they rushed there and stood in perfect formation with the same generic facial expression.

Celestia stood atop her balcony while Radiant and I stood beside her on both sides.

“GUARDS!” Shouted Celestia with the Canterlot voice. “FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ALL MY YEARS ON THE THRONE HAS THERE EVER BEEN SUCH AN OPERATION AS LARGE AS THIS! THE EVIL THAT SPREADS ACROSS OUR LANDS IS KNOWN AS THE CORRUPTION! I HAVE GIVEN YOU EACH PURIFICATION POWDER AND YOU ARE TO SPREAD IT ON THE CORRUPTION TO MAKE IT DISAPPEAR! IF YOU ARE ATTACKED BY CREATURES THAT LOOK LIKE ANIMALS OR PONIES USE THE PURIFICATOIN POWDER ON THEM. BUT IF THEY ARE CREATURES THAT ARE NOT NATIVE TO EQUESTRIA DESTROY THEM WITH PREJUDICE!”

‘Celestia said prejudice lol I love that game.’ I thought to myself. ‘Dude wait can I survive a fall like section 8: prejudice? I’ve come in hard before but I haven’t tried coming in through the atmosphere. Note to self: try that.’

“Celestia the forces are ready!” Said Shinning Armor in the front of all the ponies.

“BARRICADE COME FORWARD!”

“Yes Ma’am!” Said Barricade breaking formation to stand in front of Celestia.

“You and the pegasi guard will defend the earth ponies and unicorns while they purify the grounds.” She said without the Canterlot voice.

“Yes ma’am!” She went back in line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were on our way. Celestia was being pulled by her royal chariot standing next to Radiant Garden who didn’t have any wings. He was decked in his usual jungle gear. I flew majestically beside them and flapped my wings occasionally to keep myself up to speed. I looked like a souring eagle.

The pegasi corps were also pulling chariots filled to the brink with soldiers. I found myself getting extremely bored so I started looking around for things to do. My eyes rested on a peculiar formation of pegasi wearing blue jump suits. It took me five seconds to realize the formation of six was none other than the wonderbolts.

“Oh this I got to see.” I said out loud.

Celestia eyed me oddly when I said that and flew off in their direction. Radiant Garden looked over at me as well and frowned as he wished to be with me.

I sensed a disturbance and I looked back to see that frown. I held out my hand expectantly toward him and waited for him to get the message.

It took him a while but eventually he realized that I wanted him to use the ivy whip to grab my hand since it was so far away. The whip soared through the air and landed into my hand and formed a bond between us. Radiant Garden was propelled forward and onto my back once he reached me. I looked at Celestia who had an impressed look on her face.

I flew over towards the wonder bolts.

“Master where are we going?”

“To meet a few friends.” Radiant smiled.

I neared the group of pegasi and flew alongside the one on the far right. I got a good look at her form before she noticed me.

“Sup Fleetfoot!”

“Whoa Puppet Master? Whoa guy on Puppet Master’s back?”

“H-hello.” Said Radiant Garden sheepishly.

“…aw.” She said.

“Eeyup! You guys heading to the front?”

“Yea the wonderbolts are just another part of the pegasi corps. We’re the elite and only a few of us weren’t here for the whole save Equestria thing. I personally am in it to show off and do what I do best. Although thanks to being a wonderbolt I have to help out towns under attack.”

“Sound’s fun.”


“Not really.”

“Poor sport.”

“Shut up and say hi to Spitfire.” She said with a friendly grin.

“SPITFIRE!” I beat my wings hard and propelled myself forward and almost lost Radiant Garden in the process.
“What the hay?” said Spitfire looking over in my direction. “Oh hey how have you been Puppet Master!” I took a position below her so I didn’t interrupt their formation flying with my tail wind. She got a look at Radiant Garden. “Who’s he? A friend?”

“A half spirit of the forest. His names Radiant Garden.”

“Cool. Hey did you see Dash yet?”

“DASH IS HERE?!?!”

“Yep! She is a volunteer to help us stop the corruption from spreading. She showed us that she’s very good at stopping those flying creatures in Ponyville so she gladly jumped at the chance to save Equestria for the umpteenth time.” Spitfire laughed.

“Really where is she?”

“Somewhere over there.” She pointed a hoof to the far left of the massive formation of pegasi and chariots.

“Damn…hey hold on a sec.” I turned to Radiant Garden. “I’m going to have to leave you with the princess. Make sure she’s safe through the whole ordeal ok?”

“You can count on me my lord!” He said doing a two finger salute.

I moved back over the Celestia and flew alongside the chariot. Radiant Garden jumped off my back and into the chariot with ease and I waved him goodbye while flying off.

I flew for only about three minutes before I saw a rainbow colored mane and tail streaking through the sky out of formation. ‘of course’. I approached the multicolored maverick of a pony and pulled up alongside her.

“HEY RAINBOW!”

“WHOA! Oh just you. HEY IT’S YOU!” She said very giddy like.

“Yes it’s me?”

“That was awesome what you did in the sky! You were surrounded by those things and then I couldn’t see you and then BOOOOM they all fall to the ground! So awesome!”

“Thanks Rainbow. Hey who do you think will finish off more enemies? Me or Radiant Garden?”

“You maybe. Radiant though will be close. He was such a beast!” She said way too enthusiastically.

“Hey I kinda expected the other girls to join you at some point.”

“Oh yea Twilight’s down there.” She pointed a hoof down at a chariot with a few unicorn guards and Twilight. I recognized one of them as her older brother Shinning Armor and the one next to him was the pony that confronted me about the ‘break in’.

“You want to see them?” She asked.

“Nah I’m good. Besides I don’t want to deal with the guard next to Armor. He and I don’t get along and chances are they’ll have to burry what’s left of him in a soup can when I’m done.” I said with a smile.

She stared at me with the most confused look you can glue on someones face. “What you do to him?”

“I arrested him when I broke into Canterlot castle.”

“BAHAHAHAHAHAHA H-how’d ya do it?”

I went through a very detailed explanation of how I broke in and how mad they all were. I even explained what happened on my return trip and how I trolled him.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” She was lying on my back because she was laughing so hard she couldn’t fly. “T-HAHA-that’s so awesome!”

“Yea I know right?”

“…Hey how much longer till we get there?”

“Not sure…hours maybe?”

“Snore! Ok can I sleep on your back?”

“Sure go ahead.”

“Thanks.”

For the duration of the flight I had a companion on my back sleeping soundly while letting out little snores. I made sure my flight was as smooth as I possibly could make it because…hey it’s Rainbow Dash. She’s pretty cool. And who knows? Maybe someday I want her to take return trips. *wink*

It took us several minutes until the corruption came into view.

“Rainbow wake up.”

“HUH WHA? Oh…how long was I out?”

“Long enough.” I pointed toward the corruption…it was wide but manageable. I’m surprised it made such a bold move to take Equestria so early in its development.

Because I could see the end of it. It looked like I would need to do a few hours of work or maybe days if I’m slow but I could easily fix this. It wasn’t all that impressive. I was however surprised at the sheer amount of Eater of Souls that were barreling towards us at his time. But I was even more surprised-and a little scared-of what joined their ranks.

Corrupted griffons and dragons flew alongside the corrupt army. And for this reason alone I realized exactly why the corruption felt bold enough to attack so early.

Because once our armies got here it could wipe them out and take the whole continent uncontested.

“Fucking hell…they out did us.”

“DON’T GIVE UP! DESTROY THEM ALL!” Shouted Barricade who happened to be miles to my right.

“Her voice carries very well.” I commented to Rainbow.

“I know…hey wait don’t talk about it now we’ve got Equestria to save!” She said giving me a dirty look.

Indeed we did. I knew the moment those dragons hit our lines all hell will break loose. I noticed the chariots were covered in shields at this moment. The unicorns in each were giving the pegasi who would fly them in a better day of it.

But the wall of corrupt creatures was significantly larger than the army we’ve amassed.

It was a 1 to 3 war.

And we were the 1.

“Shit.” I said out loud. “Ok Rainbow you need to not die. This is the real deal and I expect nothing less!”

“Not even a dragon can keep me down!”

“Good.”

I thumped my wings hard and sprinted forward at great speeds. When I got between the Equestrian army and the corrupt one I took out my cursed flame tome and surrounded my body with green fire. I then shaped it to look like a dragon and I charged at the front lines.

Upon impact the fire exploded and acted like a super weapon and tore a hole through their ranks. Even the dragons fell to the ground under the might of the cursed flame. I swooped around and cut down a few Soul Eaters while I was in the line. I needed to be a hero this day.

Or there would be no tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radiant Garden looked through the yellow shield Celestia put up. It was a strong one that he didn’t believe would be possible to break if he tried.

He took a glance at Celestia who’s eyes were wide with fear and worry.

“Celestia?” Said Radiant Garden snapping her out of her stupor.

“Oh did you say something?”

“Puppet Master and I have been through worse. I’ve surely struck down more evil than this.” He took out his phase blades and activated them.

“So you know how to defeat them?”

“…with a great amount of difficulty. And the willingness to die for a cause.”

Celestia gulped nervously.

“It’s either soldiers or civilians that will die his day. Which would you prefer? The ones who dedicate their lives to protect? Or the one who want to just live safely.”

“I-I don’t know…neither.”

“That’s a good answer…” Radiant Garden looked back at the soon to be devastating battle. “We won’t have a choice but to fight Celestia. You’ll need to fight alongside your soldiers to save Equestria at this point. It’s not just a ‘leave it to the professionals.’ Sort of thing now.”

“Nopony will die today.”

“If only I can believe that.” He said grimly.

*BOOM*

They both turn their heads toward the explosion to see miles down to the left a great big fireball of green ripped a hole in the ranks of the corrupted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I flew around the lines of the corrupted creatures. Purifying what can be purified and killing what can’t. Dragons were to big so I destroyed them with a few blasts from my Rainbow Rod and the Excalibur. Quickly the formation stopped heading towards the pegasi and towards me. Of course I didn’t care. I just used the cursed flame tome to burn them all when there was too many of them to cut down.

Rainbow quickly joined me in the fight so I had to use the tome sparingly as to not accidently burn her. I looked back at the line and too my horror both armies clashed.

Pegasi and corrupted fell to the ground unchallenged by clouds or saviors. I got a glimpse of a chariot exploding and sending its occupants to the ground below. I saw ten chariots go down instantly by dragons and corrupted griffons killing the ones who were pulling the chariots.

But the majority of them were able to make it to the ground and exit without much resistance. That is until they started moving towards the corruption.

To my horror Hydra’s came out of the tree line and started attacking the ground forces. Not only that but corrupt bunnies and a majority of different sentient creatures and beasts came out with them. I saw a manticore as well.

“They need air support.” I said to myself. It became my mission then and there to kill all the dragons so the pegasi are able to more easily take the skies from the corrupted foes.

I watched Rainbow Dash for a moment beating a corrupted griffon into submission.

“RAINBOW!” She looked in my direction and I threw my second Excalibur into the air hilt first. She grinned and shot off after it and grabbed it with her mouth. She nodded her head in thanks and sped around the swarm of monsters destroying them in a single stroke. She even took on a dragon and cut off its wing so it would fall to the ground and die on impact.

Which it did. I snapped out of my stupor when another corrupted foe hit me. I used my remaining sword to decapitate the corrupted griffon.

Now there were officially three hero’s on our side. And we’ll need them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Master stood atop a tall tree and watched as the battle commenced. He watched joyfully as both sides struggled to fight and be victorious and relished in watching the bodies of both friend and foe fall out of the sky.

From atop his tree he could see the unicorns and earth ponies screaming for help as they fall into the purple abyss of the corruption after their sanctuary in the chariots have failed them.

Kill Puppet Master

Shadow Master scanned the skies and caught sight of a green explosion of fire within the corrupted ranks.

He equipped his demon wings and thrust himself forward while simultaneously taking out two purple phase blades.