• Published 24th May 2021
  • 224 Views, 0 Comments

T. R. Q. S RWBY Next Generation Vol 2 - foxmaster



This next volume will be focused on training and reaching Haven Academy.

  • ...
 0
 224

Fatherly Concerns

Winter was explaining to Turquoise how to use her maiden powers. Sylvia was listening in since she was a maiden too and her only problem was being able to use them freely without being in mortal danger.

“ Let’s start with something simple. I want you to try and recreate your bloody fang’s twin sword mode using the maiden power,” Winter said to Turquoise. Winter explained how the creation power worked which involved imagining any weapons you saw in previous battles and how this exercise was simple because it involved a weapon Turquoise was very familier with. Turquoise envisioned her twin swords and suddenly a pair of twin blades made out of black rocks with red energy inside formed. The edges of the blades were a bit jagged but it was a good first attempt. “ Not bad but now let’s try something a bit harder. try recreating someone else’s weapon. It can be any weapon you saw. Turquoise thought about all the weapons she saw during the Vital Tournament and suddenly managed to create a Hecate II made of Black Rocks with red energy inside.

“ No way isn’t that the weapon used by the leader of Team VOLT?” Rainbow asked.

“ It is,” Turquoise said while trying to aim it at one of the targets that were set up in the training ground.

“ Very impressive but have you ever fired one of those before?” Weiss asked.

“ It’s a sniper rifle, right? It shouldn’t be any more difficult to handle than a bow,” Turquoise said before firing which knocked Turquoise off balance from the recoil. The bullet which was also made from the same material managed to nail the bottom of the target.

“ That is no ordinary rifle A Hecate II is much heavier and more powerful so shooting one while standing is not advised,” Winter explained.

“ Noted,” Turquoise said before the weapon in question vanished.

“ Now I believe that is enough practice for today. You used up a good amount of Aura and you are going to need all of it for tomorrow we are going into the desert for our next training session,” Winter said.

“ Have you completely lost your mind? The desert is an extremely dangerous place full of the most dangerous Grimm you will ever see,” Blake said.

“ Exactly this is why Turquoise and I will be making this trip alone,” Winter said.

“ Why just Turquoise?” Sapphire asked.

“ Because we need to expand her arsenal of summons,” Winter said. “ A Beowulf and a Nevermore are not enough for who we will be facing.

“ Just promise me you will at least keep Turquoise safe because we can’t afford to lose her,” Weiss said.

“ You think I don’t know that,” Winter said. With training done for the day, everyone sat down for dinner which tonight they were serving Turquoise’s favorite.

“ Tonight’s dish shall be a simple one,” The chef said before unveiling a slab of meat on a bone. “ Meat on the bone. Turquoise wasted no time biting into it fast which made everyone look at her with a confused expression.

“ Does Turquoise usually act like this around food?” Sapphire asked.

“ Only when it involves meat.,” Weiss said. “ She gets that from her father.

“ I don’t think she ever mentioned him before,” Rainbow asked.

“ I’m surprised she hasn’t told any of you yet,” Winter said.

“ Her father Fenris Yuki was quite the huntsman. Every time he would beat an opponent in battle he would claim their weapons,” Weiss said while remembering him.

“ I remember Fenris too,” Blake said. “ He was quite the romantic. Everyone looked at Blake confused. “ Sorry just talking to myself.

“ Anyway let’s not talk about it and eat before Turquoise decided to take our meat as well,” Winter said as Turquoise looked ready to strike. After everyone finished eating they went to bed. The girls could not sleep and decided to pass the time with some conversation.

“ Hey Turquoise can you tell us more about your dad?” Sylvia asked.

“ What do you wish to know?” Turquoise asked.

“ What is he like?” Sylvia asked.

“ He was a skilled warrior but also the best dad anyone could ask for,” Turquoise said. “ He taught me how to shoot a bow, How to fight, and most importantly how to always try and look for the positives when things go wrong.

“ Is he still in your life?” Sapphire asked.

“ Of course he is. Mom told me he was currently at the Schnee manor watching the Vital Tournament on tv,” Turquoise said.

“ Do you think we will get to meet him?” Rainbow asked.

“ Who knows but maybe when we reach Atlas you will,” Turquoise said. The girls were finally able to sleep after their conversation.


Meanwhile in a port in Atlas, a big man with red hair with a matching wolf tail with red eyes wearing what looked like samurai armor over a black shirt with matching pants was trying to find a boat to Vale with no such luck.

“ I’m sorry sir but at this moment all boats are to remain in the harbor by order of Vice General Galena,” The Harbormaster said.

“ There has to be something you can do? My daughter may be in great danger,” The man asked.

“ Sorry, sir It’s out of my control,” The Harbormaster said. Just as the man was about to give up hope a familiar blonde bombshell with a yellow mechanical arm approached him.

“ Long time no see Fenris,” The woman said.

“ Yang it’s so good to see you again,” Fenris said.

“ So what has you so down?” Yang asked.

“ It’s my family I’m worried about them,” Fenris said before continuing. “ Weiss and winter have not returned, Turquoise may be at the mercy of those Iron shackle jerks, and I’m just trying to find a way to vale to go find them.

“ Listen I just got some news about them. Blake sent me a message on my scroll informing me about their arrival on Menagerie so they are safe,” Yang said to Fenris’s relief. “ If you are that worried about them why don’t you come with me I just got my ride out of the shop.

“ Thank you, Yang,” Fenris said before Yang thew him a helmet. Yang pulled out what looked like a suped-up motorcycle with some added features. “ Fenris meet Bumblebee version 2.0. Fenris got behind Yang before she gunned the engine. Yang sped towards the water and then switched to hover mode which covered the tires and switched them with hover jets which allowed them to cross the ocean.


The next day Winter and Turquoise were at the gate that leads into the desert which was usually locked to prevent anyone from leaving the safety of the village.

“ Do keep in mind there might not be any Grimm in the desert and this won’t be like the desert in Vacuo,” Blake said.

“ Relax this isn’t the first time I had to fight off a ton of enemies in the desert before,” Winter said.

“ All the same just promise us you two will be back,” Weiss said. With the dire warning now out of the way the gatekeeper opened the gate and told Winter and Turquoise to hurry through so he could close it again. As soon as the gate closed a sandstorm began to blow. Winter and Turquoise used their maiden powers to push through it. A whole bunch of creatures that weren’t Grimm but were far more dangerous approached them. Turquoise began using her powers to create multiple blades that stabbed into the creatures before exploding and defeating them.

“ Where did you learn to do that?” Winter asked.

“ A trick I picked up from Sylvia by combining Fire Dust with the weapons I created,” Turquoise said.

“ Not bad you even managed to learn how to use the forces of nature too,” Winter said while noticing Turquoise flying with flames coming out of the bottom of her feet.


Back with Yang and Fenris, they were approaching Menagerie. Yang pulled out her scroll and requested access through the gate. As soon as the gate opened Yang and Fenris entered and then stopped as soon as they were solid ground. Fenris saw Weiss and ran to her.

“ Weiss thank goodness your safe,” Fenris said before hugging her.

“ Fenris what are you doing here?” Weiss asked.

“ When I heard about what happened to Vale I got worried and try to rush over as fast as I could,” Fenris said before Yang approached them.

“ Sorry to interrupt the reunion but where are Turquoise and Winter?” Yang asked.

“ In the desert training and working on expanding Turquoise’s summoning arsenal,” Weiss said.

“ Are they nuts? That Desert is someplace no one should be,” Fenris said.

“ I tried to warn them but Winter insisted on going through with it,” Blake said.

“ I swear that sister of yours will be the death of Turquoise,” Fenris said to Weiss.

“ Winter may be strict but she is also caring and won’t let our daughter die,” Weiss said.


Back in the Desert Turquoise was resting after using up so much of her aura in training and fighting the creatures off.

“ I think it’s safe to say you have a good handle on the maiden power,” Winter said while carrying Turquoise back to the gate.

“ So does that mean I’m ready for whatever we may face?” Turquoise asked.

“ Not quite yet we still need to train you girls in combat,” Winter said. “ Weapons, dust, semblance, and aura alone get only get you so far. Without any strength behind your attacks, they are all pointless, You get what I’m saying?

“ Got it,” Turquoise said before passing out. As soon as they arrived at the gate back into the village winter knocked on it and it opened. As soon as Turquoise and winter were safely back inside Winter noticed that Fenris was there.

“ What brings you here?” Winter asked.

“ Isn’t it obvious? I was worried about my wife and daughter,” Fenris said. “ Speaking of which why does Turquoise look so drained?

“ She can now control the spring Maiden’s power and has some new summons she can use in battle. But she used up most of her aura and is now resting,” Winter said.

“ Let’s take her back to the White Fang HQ she can rest there,” Blake said.

“ That would be best,” Winter said before everyone went to bed for the night.

Author's Note:

I figured now would be a good time to introduce Turquoise's father and Weiss's husband.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment