• Published 7th Jan 2022
  • 206 Views, 5 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze, Rise of a Hero, Volume 4: The Thousand Eyes. - Justafanfictioner



Follow Sunlight Blaze, a hero with a heart of gold and a strong sense of justice, in his incredible adventures.

  • ...
 5
 206

Chapter 11: The end of the Thousand Eyes, Part 2

A mysterious unicorn was watching on a magic security camera Sunlight, Starlight and Twilight beating up grunts of their organization. The 3 magic geniuses were making mincemeat of their opponents and were making it a competition.

“Keep going, he said. I got a lot more in stock for you...The game has just began. Time to send in the Juggernauts!!”

Sunlight and his allies had finished taking care of the goons.

“He’s playing with us, said Starlight. Sending in his goons to weaken us and analyse our magic techniques.”

“What did you expect? Said Sunlight. Did you think we would directly be taking the boss down after breaking in his base?”

They heard loud stomping noises coming in their direction. 4 huge and heavily armored Ponies made their entrance on the field. Their armor was black and covered of deadly spikes and they were equipped with two cannons on their shoulders.

“A new enemy has appeared! Said Starlight. And they look like big problem”

Twilight shot a beam of magic at one of the Juggernauts, which faded before touching the armor.

“That’s what i feared, said Twilight. Their armor are covered with of the same substance as Chrysalis’ Throne. Our magic won’t work against them.”

“Then, said Sunlight, we’ll just have to break it the old fashioned way...”

“Easy to say, said Starlight. For an Earth Pony, this would probably not be a problem, but in case you didn’t notice, we are Unicorns, Our specialty is casting magic spells, not brawling.”

“You are right, none of us would be able to pierce through their armors, said Sunlight. But we don’t need to.”

“Please elaborate” said Twilight.

“It is unlikely their whole armor is made of this magic nullifying crystal, said Sunlight. One shard would be enought to protect their armors against magic. All we have to do is find them and break them. Then, we will be able to fight them with magic.”

One of the Juggernauts aimed his cannons at Sunlight and fired two strange projectiles at him. He swiflty avoided them and the projectiles hit the wall behind him, Which got covered in a black substance similar to goo, the substance hardened shortly after.

“If i tried to shield this attack instead of dodging it, thought Sunlight, It would have been over for me. I suspect that goo to have magic cancelling properties, so better stay cautious...”

Another Juggernaut aimed his cannons, this time at Starlight. He fired two projectiles at her, which she avoided at the last moment, the two projectiles hit the wall behind her and pierced right through it like it was butter.

“If this attack had landed, said Starlight to herself, I would have been disintegrated. What a bothersome attack...”

The third Juggernaut fired also two projectiles from his cannons, which were aimed at Twilight. She sent them back at the enemy. The projectiles made a huge hole in the enemy’s armor, but didn’t seem to affect it one bit. Sunlight noticed that there was no being behind the armor, only an empty shell and also that the armor started repairing itself magically.

“No doubt, thought Sunlight. Those things are remotely controlled by magic casters. Furthermore, i suspect that those armors are reinforced by a magic reconstruction spell. If those things had a shard of Chrysalis’ throne in their armor, it would be impossible to use magic to move them nor having self-regenerative armors...Now that i think about it, the magic beam from earlier just got reflected, not nullified. Meaning those armors must reflect magic beams. If i was able to determine which metal they are made of, i could transform it into a softer material or...”

Sunlight used his magic to bend the metal below the Juggernauts and immobilize them.

“Did you just bend metal?” asked Starlight.

“Yes, he answered. Now, i need to ask you to leave the room...If you don’t want to be reduced to ashes...”

The two looked at each other and went back in the previous room. Sunlight smiled and looked at the enemies. A few minutes later, he told them they could enter. They entered the room and were shocked.

“What happened? Asked Starlight. Why is everything looking like it had been molten...And where are those 4 Juggernauts that were after us?”

“You are right above one of them, answered Sunlight. I buried them 6 feets under... Litteraly.”

“I’m impressed, said Twilight. Melting the floor with your fire magic to make your enemies sink, then use water and air magic to cool the floor, trapping them in a prison they’ll never break out of. Somehow, you found a way to go around their magic immunity and regeneration. Good job!”

“Thank you, said Sunlight. Honestly, Were you expecting anything less from me?”

Starlight sighed.

“Let’s continue, said Twilight. This way!”

The trio left the room and continued making their way to the boss.

“They are not bad, said the boss. I guess i have no choice but to send you fight them, my dear Overkill.”

“You are already sending me in? Said his Right-Hand Man. I’m flattered you’re letting me kill them...Just stay here and enjoy the bloodbath i am about to cause.”

“Be careful, said the boss. Those 3 are dangerous and quite smart, especially that stallion, get rid of him first.”

“Their magic won’t be of any use against me, he said. They won’t even be a bother...”

He left the room and headed for the trio with the intention of killing them before they reach the next floor. Sunlight and the girls were in front of a heavily reinforced door. He cutted it clean in half with a laser beam and smashed it.

“We must be near the room where the leader is waiting, said Twilight. The security system is only getting better and better.”

“I sense someone nearby, said Sunlight. Someone with a massive magic aura. It must certainly be the boss or his second in command. Be on your guards.”

“So, you can sense my overwhelming magic aura? Said Overkill, who was standing at the opposite end of the room. I’m not surprise. Your aura and those of your two girlfriends are also really incredible. But not enough to beat me...”

“His girlfriend? Said Starlight. Pfft, He wish i was!!”

“If i wanted you as a girlfriend, said Sunlight. You’ll already be mine by now. Same goes for you, Princess Twilight.”

“Hey, don’t ignore me!! Said Overkill. That’s impolite!!”

He put on a black, heavy, sharp and overly weaponized battle suit, that was covering all his body, including the face. He threw a flurry of sharp blades at the group. The trio stopped them middair and redirected them at the sender. Overkill created different projectiles out of thin air and threw them at the group. The projectiles changed trajectory when Sunlight tried to block them and went behind Sunlight. Starlight saw it and turned them into paper with a spell. The trio formed a triangular formation.

“Those projectiles are sure annoying as hell, said Sunlight. But you waste your time attacking us with them. You probably intended on striking at my blind spot, infortunately, My two friends have it covered, and i cover theirs as well. This is the Triangle Formation”

“Those were just to jauge your reaction speed, said Overkill. You might not have noticed, but they were thrown at the speed of sound.”

“No wonder why they were so slow, said Sunlight. I trained myself to react to lightning speed attacks and even began training to react to light speed attack as well. If you hope to land a blow on me, you better be fast.”

Overkill pointed a laser gun at Sunlight and fired. He dodged it with just a head move. Overkill smiled and shot a rain of laser beams at the group. Sunlight avoided them by teleporting and reappeared behind Overkill.

“Hey, I’m here” he said.

Overkill grunted and tried to hit Sunlight with a sharp poisonous blade hidden in his left back hoof. Sunlight dodged the strike and countered with a kick below Overkill’s chin, sending him in the air. Starlight jumped on Sunlight’s back and rocketed through the air above Overkill.

“Let me show you a move i learned a while back, she said. I call it the Magic Meteor Punch!!”

She wrapped her left front hoof with a magic aura which she then concentrated at the tip at the moment of the attack. The impact created a magic soundwave that shook the room and sent Overkill plummeting right through the metal floor and causing a magic explosion. She landed right next to Twilight with a smug face.

“Take that, bitch! She said, proud and excited. You just got wrecked by Starlight Glimmer, yeah!!”

Sunlight gave a look into the crater made by Overkill and saw him lying down with spinning eyes and his armor shattered into pieces. He lifted the assassin right out of the hole and tied him up against the floor with metal sheets.

“Just to be sure, he said. Oh, and that was an excellent finisher move you did back there. I couldn’t have done better myself!”

“Why, thank you!! She said, blushing. I just wanted to look badass, glad it impressed both of you!”

“Well well, said the boss via a magic screen. I must say i wasn’t expecting you to take out my right hand man so quickly! I bet that he would last 5 minutes top. Yet, you took him out in less than 2. To congratulate you, let me show you the way to my location!”

An hidden door opened to their right and the trio walked toward it with caution. After avoiding dozen of traps, Sunlight was the first to make it to the final room, followed shortly by Twilight and Starlight. An evil laugh drew their attention. The boss finally revealed himself to the trio, his body and head covered by a terrifying looking White and golden armor and a helmet that covered his horn. He removed his mask to show his face. Twilight had a shock when she saw who he was.

“Gladmane? Said Twilight. So, you are the boss of this criminal organization? Wait, why does the helmet even have a horn if you don’t even have one”

“You know this guy?” asked Sunlight.

“Yes, answered Twilight. He was the former owner of the most famous Resort in Las Pegasus. He was a scumbag that lied to his employees and blackmailed them. Fluttershy, Applejack and the FlimFlam brothers worked together and were able to expose his lies to everyone.”

“I lost a lot this day, said Gladmane. My reputation, my resort, but not my money. I used it to buy abandonned buildings and small companies. Then turned them into drug and money making establishement. I started gaining notoriety in the criminal world, the bad kind. But with my wits and charms and a good amount of luck, i was able to gain influent allies. We started by taking over the casinos, then the banks. We then bought the police and the mayor with the money we gained. It took me time and efforts to build my empire, and i won’t let you destroy it. I will gain a lot of notoriety by taking down the ruler of Equestria and the headmare of the school of Friendship. And to answer your other question about my helmet, the armor belonged to an Unicorn.”

He looked at Sunlight.

“I didn’t forgot about you, Sunlight Blaze, said Gladmane. I have a very special treatment for the pony responsible for destroying my organization.”

“Pfft, you think that just a flashy armor will be enough to defeat us?” asked Sunlight.

“This armor is made of the most solid metal in this world, said Gladmane. Certainly you have heard of the Aurium. This metal is found only on a small, dangerous, remote island. Plus, i combined it with shards of Chrysalis’ throne my henchmen found in a remote cave. Your magic won’t work on me, my dear. And if you think you can dent it with physical attacks, give up, not even the combined attacks of hundreds of dragons and yaks would make a scratch. Oh, one last thing...”

A set of sharp blades and spikes appeared from all over the armor, dripping of a black liquid.

“If i were you, i wouldn’t want to touch those things, said Gladmane. They were soaked in a very powerful paralyzing and venomous toxin. One drop and you’ll be completely down in less than a minute.”

“This poison might work on those two, said Sunlight. But not on me. Your armor might nullify our spells and magic, and be made of a very resilient metal, but i swear i will rip it off from your body. Count on it.”

Gladmane smiled and charged at Sunlight. He avoided it quite easily, the villain continued rushing, this time aimed for Twilight. Sunlight lifted the ground below her before Gladmane could reach her. Starlight was looking the fight from a distance.

“Well, i only see one way to beat that bastard, said Sunlight. Discord, if you can hear me, can you give me my super suit?”

A belt fell in front of Sunlight. He lifted it with magic and put it around his waist and pushed a button. A suit appeared part by parts from it until his body was covered. He pushed another button and the suit turned into an hi-tech armor. Gladmane laughed.

“Nice armor you got there, said Gladmane. But you don’t actually believe it mesure up to mine, right?”

“You are right, said Sunlight. I will need far more firepower if i want to take you down. Magic Multiplication!”

He made 5 copies of himself, all wearing the super armor.

“So, how about 6 of us?” he said behind his helmet.

Gladmane started to be afraid, but quickly got rid of the feeling.

“2, 5, 10 or 20, it doesn’t matter, said Gladmane. Nothing can break this armor, i am invincible in it!!”

Sunlight and his clones all attacked Gladmane at once, using their thrusters and jet boots to take momentum. Gladmane laughed as the attacks of the Sunlights had no effect on him. This only had for effect to push Sunlight and his clones to hit harder and faster.

“It’s useless! Said Gladmane. No matter how hard you hit, you won’t break it!!”

His armor started to glow and suddenly released a powerful shockwave that sent Sunlight and his clones flying away.

“Sunlight!! Said Twilight. Are you okay?!”

“Of course, i am, he said while getting up. If 5 clones are not enough, then i’ll make more...”

He made his clones disappear.

“So, you give up? Said Gladmane? Finally realized that your attacks are futile?”

“Magic Multiplication, times 20!!” he shouted.

20 clones appeared around Gladmane.

“Don’t underestimate us!” said all the Sunlights at once.

They attacked in succession, giving powerful punches and kicks at Gladmane.

“There must be something we can do to help, said Starlight. Sunlight’s risking his life right now. Making all those clones must put a lot of strain on his body. Wait, i have an idea!! Discord, if you hear me, can you bring a Changeling friend at our location?”

“Of course, said Twilight. The anti-magic property of chrysalis’ throne doesn’t affect changeling magic abilties. Good idea, Starlight!”

Pharynx appeared in the middle of the room, confused.

“Wait, where am i?! What is this place? He said. Oh, hi Starlight, How are you doing?”

“Good, she answered. We need your help.”

He looked at the fight between Sunlight and Gladmane. Gladmane knocked Sunlight and his clones back to the group. Sunlight spitted blood.

“That fucking armor... Said Sunlight. Damn it...But i won’t give up.....”

Sunlight started overheating from rage. He was so blinded by it that he didn’t notice Pharynx

“I am gonna burn this whole thing to the ground!! He said, mad. Your armor might cancel magic, but let’s see if you can survive being exposed to the temperature of the Sun’s surface!!”

“I know you are bluffing, said Gladmane. You barely have any magic left in you. And even if you had the energy to pull it off you’ll destroy the town that you want to save.”

“I’m sorry, Sunlight, said Starlight. But this is for your own good....”

She knocked him down with a sleep-inducing spell.

“Pharynx, said Twilight. Please help us to get rid of his magic nullifying armor.”

The Changeling turned into a Bugbear and charged at Gladmane. This one put himself into a defensive position. Thorax smiled and turned into a Flash bee to enter inside the armor. Once between the armor and the skin of Gladmane, Thorax turned into a snake and bit him on the leg. Gladmane screamed of pain.

“You bastard, said Gladmane. Get out of my armor!!”

Pharynx turned into a venomous spider and bit Gladmane again, this time on the right butt cheek. He then left the armor and turned back into his original form. Gladmane started feeling dizzy.

“What...What is happening to me? He asked. My muscles, i can’t move them, my vision is...Blurred...Why can’t i breathe normally...And that pain...It is unbearable...”

“Your state is the result of the bite of the Diamond-Necked Snake and the bite of the White-Widow Spider, said the Changeling. The Diamond-Necked snake’s venom paralyze the muscles and weaken the senses of the victim. As for the White-Widow spider, it’s venom cause intense pain and hallucinations. Be rassured, their venom is non-lethal.”

Gladmane laughed, despite the pain.

“Well, that was fun the time it lasted, he said. I...Lost, you did it, you defeated me. But even with the Thousand Eyes out of commission, crime will still exist in this city, and in all of Equestria as well. Another one will take my place...This will never end. You don’t even know the full scale of the criminality that pleague this world. I’ve seen it...What you faced is only a glimpse of the criminal world.”

Gladmane lost consciousness.

“He is right, unfortunately, said Sunlight. We only scrapped off the surface of all the crime that pleague this world. I should have thought about calling a changeling to help us. Well, thanks for the help, Thorax...”

“Already awake? Said Starlight. My spell should have made you slept for at least 12 hours.”

“I was never asleep, said Sunlight. Your spell was absorbed by my armor. I just fell because of exhaustion.”

“Well, let’s bring this guy for trial, said Twilight. Thank you so much, Sunlight, for all the work you have done for Equestria. When you will see Sunset again, tell her that she have all my gratitude as well. Now, if you excuse me, i have to return to Canterlot. I hope Discord didn’t do anything wrong.”

“I also have to leave, said Starlight. As headmare of the School of Friendship, i have lot of work to do.”

Sunlight looked at Pharynx.

“Are you are going to leave to? He asked. If you are not too busy at the moment, i could really use your help in my quest.”

“To be honest with you, answered Pharynx. I feel bored, Equestria is at an all-time calm and our kingdom haven’t been attacked once. I wouldn’t mind going on an adventure. Princess, Can you tell to my brother i am going to be absent for a while?”

Sure, she said. Come on, Starlight, let’s get back home.”

The two mares teleported outside the base with Gladmane. Sunlight and Pharynx left shortly after. The Unicorn evacuated all the thugs left in the base and burried it under tons of rock and dirt.

Sunset arrived in company of Capper at his location.

“There you are, said Sunlight. So, Capper, found any hints about that piece?”

“Even better, said Capper, showing the piece to him. I heard that you pretty much cleaned the city from crime while i was looking for this.”

“Then, let’s leave this city, said Sunlight. Oh, and Twilight told me to tell you that she is very grateful for what you did.”

“Who is the changeling to your side?” she asked.

“This is Pharynx, answered Sunlight. He is the older brother of the King of the Changelings. He will be travelling with us for now on. Also, without him helping us, we would still be fighting Gladmane.”

“Gladmane? Asked Sunset. You’ll tell me what happened in my absence, cause i think i missed a part.”

Sunlight fell on the floor and coughed blood.

“Sunlight!!! She said. Can you hear me?! What happened?!”

“If i had to guess, said Pharynx, He propably overexhausted his body by making all those clones i saw when i arrived.”

“I should have stayed to his side, said Sunset. Who did he fought?”

“If i remember, said the Changeling. Twilight and him mentionned Gladmane wearing an armor that negated magic.”

“Damn it, said Sunset. Why did you have to be be so reckless, Sunlight. You idiot!”

Sunlight swiped off the blood from his mouth and got up.

“I’ll be fine, he said. My body recover quickly. Wait are we waiting for? Capper, where do we need to go next?”

“The island of the Storm King, said Capper. I already prepared a ship to get us here. I won it in a bet”

The group walked in direction of the port. Ready to continue their adventures.

Comments ( 5 )

So Sorry for the time it took to finish this volume for those who followed my series. Had to find the motivation to write it. But it's there, so enjoy.

is this story a continuation of something or is the first chapter the very beginning? According to the description, one gets the feeling that there is some kind of prequel. I can't figure out where the entry point to this story is.

11113414
A continuation.

My stories are classed by Arcs. Each arc have 6 volume, and each of them are a continuation of the precedent. By example, the first arc, The odyssey of Sunlight Blaze, Apprentice Hero, Have 6 volumes, from 1 to 6. Each of the Volumes have chapters ( from 1 to 12 or 13).

As for the first arc mentionned earlier, The Volume 6 of the first arc is the continuation of the first volume. The volumes between them are crossovers and are not continuations, Rather individual stories.

11114686
then where should I start?

11114965
The first arc. Volume 1 and 6( Because the volumes between them are individual and not related to the main plot.
You should begin by The odyssey of Sunlight Blaze, Apprentice Hero, Volume 1. Then, straight to the 6th one, Because the volume 2 to 5 are what you could call Filler, (Although you would learn more about the Protagonist reading them, it's your choice)

Login or register to comment