• Published 7th Jan 2022
  • 205 Views, 5 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze, Rise of a Hero, Volume 4: The Thousand Eyes. - Justafanfictioner



Follow Sunlight Blaze, a hero with a heart of gold and a strong sense of justice, in his incredible adventures.

  • ...
 5
 205

Chapter 7: The Thousands Eyes

Sunlight had started taking down the organization of the Thousand Eyes as soon as Twilight and her friends left the city. Capper still didn’t gave any news. Sunset insisted on helping him take the organization down, and Sunlight refused, saying that he doesn’t want her to be used as an hostage against him. After hours of arguing, Sunset convinced him to let her join him, making a point about her mind-reading capacities and the fact she is as strong as him. Now, the two of them were gathering informations on the whereabouts of the Thousand Eyes in the city. At the end of the end, they had gathered a lot of information.

“This is worse than i thought it would be, said Sunlight. They have high placed member in every key system of the city. They have not only absolute control over the economy of the city, but they have the mayor of the city and the whole goddamn police department in the palm of their hands.”

“We have informations, now what?” she asked.

“We need to get their attention, said Sunlight. Subduing a bunch of thugs is not a big deal. I suggest we strike were it will hurt them the most.”

“The Banks?” said Sunset.

“Yes, we need to cut their money income, said Sunlight. That mean getting rid of the member of the organization who have hold on banks and casinos. Without money, it will be more difficult for them to buy the favors of the police and the town’s mayor.”

“Cutting their main source of income will sure hurt them, said Sunset. But how will you do that?”

“We are going to rob them” said Sunlight.

Sunset almost chocked hearing that.

“I’m sorry, what?! She asked. You can’t be serious!”

“I am, he answered. I don’t like commiting crimes, but sometimes, to bait a villain, you have to act like a villain. This is for the greater good.”

“Why don’t we infiltrate the organization?” asked Sunset.

“Too dangerous, said Sunlight. That will also take too much time getting their trust, we need to deal a huge strike to their organization.”

“Even if we cut their access to the banks and casinos of the city, said Sunset. They probably have a big stack of money in their vault.”

“Obviously, said Sunlight, but that will definitively draw their attention and show them we are serious.”

“Ugh, you won’t back down, don’t you? Said Sunset. Let me guess, you take the banks and i take the casinos?”

“No, i have another idea in mind, said Sunlight. With you telepathic powers, you can mind control the bankers and force them to either give you access to the vault, me, i will transport the gold and money in a place where no one could find except us. There are 5 banks in Las Pegasus. Once all 5 will be emptied, we will then pass to the casinos. I’ll explain the second part of the plan then. Any question?”

“No, she said. But i don’t feel very comfortable at the idea of mind-controlling someone.”

“This time, this is for good, said Sunlight. Listen, i am not comfortable either at the idea of doing a heist, i stop crime, not commit them. But if this can help to save the life of thousand of ponies and contribute to Equestria’s wellbeing, i won’t hesitate to commit one. And this is not like i am going to keep the money for myself anyway.”

“Ugh...said Sunset. You and your speeches...Fine, i’ll do what i can to help you save this city...”

“Alright then, said Sunlight. I knew you would understand. Well, let’s do this!”

Sunlight and Sunset walked to the first bank on their route and entered inside. Sunlight noticed the security cameras and deactivated them by releasing a quick electromagnetic pulse, cutting by the same occasion all communications devices.

“Alright, we got exactly 3 minutes before the security system reboot” said Sunlight.

Sunset took control of the mind of the banker.

“You will open the vault for us” she said.

“Yes, said the banker. Follow me”

The banker opened the vault and Sunset put him asleep.

“Make sure to erase us from his memories” said Sunlight.

“I know, she said. I am not stupid.”

Sunlight teleported all the money and gold out of the vault and closed it afterward. The both of them then left the bank.

“First one, done, said Sunlight. Next one!”

The duo repeated the same steps on the second bank on their list, with success. The third and fourth heist also went without problem. The fifth one was the most problematic due to the high number of bankers and high security. But nothing Sunlight couldn’t overcome.

“We did it, said Sunlight. This is not for nothing they called this bank the most secure bank in Equestria. Good job, sister”

“Don’t mention it, she said. We are not done yet. So, how will we proceed for the casinos?”

“There are more than a dozen of Casinos, answered Sunlight. However, There is one among all the casinos in the city that control all of them. The Thousand Heavens Casino, who judging by the name, is probaly owned by the boss of the Thousand Eyes. This is where we have to strike. We will pass for a couple of rich tourist who are here to have fun. I already bought for you and me the outfits.”

“Hum, what kind of outfit did you chose for me?” she asked.

“Something very expensive and elegant, from the best fashion boutique in Las Pegasus. Now as for the plan, Casinos also have a vault where they stock all the chips and bits. I will use my powers to locate it and then do a recon of the place. In the meanwhile, try to draw the security guards attention, the fastest way is to win a lot in succession, they will suspect you to cheat. And while you are at it, try causing the more chaos and damage possible.”

“You got it, she said. Very well...Let’s do this!!”

Sunlight disappeared and then came back with a two suitcases, one for him and one for her. She opened hers and was amazed by what was inside.

“That is a very beautiful dress, she said. And those slippers and that tiara, how much did it cost you”

“70 000 bits for the dress, 10000 for the slippers and 20000 for the tiara, he answered. So a hundred thousand bucks”

“For something i will probably just wear once? She said, shocked. Althought, for what you told me, money is not a problem for you. How many gemstones did you have to trade for it?”

“How do you know i paid in gemstones? Said Sunlight. Oh well, one huge-ass Diamond.”

“And how much did yours cost?” she asked.

“Oh, i rented it for the evening for 2000 bits” he answered.

“Is there a reason why you spent so much for me and not on yourself?” she asked.

“You deserve the best there is, he answered. That’s all.”

“Oh, i see, she said. So you buy me expensive stuff, Yet, you refuse to give me a single dollar when i ask you.”

“One thousand dollars for a figurine is not what i call a necessity, said Sunlight. Nor is a 4000$ guitar when yours is still perfectly fine.”

She made a grumpy face and looked away.

“Pfft...she said. Said the one who spent nearly 2 millions on experimental military technology and gadgets, Like if you really needed that hi-tech armor of yours”

“Well, that armor saved my butt when we fought Sombra for the first time, he said. Without it, i might have been killed or badly injured.”

“Whatever....” she said.

The two of them walked their way to the Thousand Heavens Casino. Once they were arrived inside, Sunlight immediately started to examinate the surroundings and assess the security.

“There are at least 2 dozen of security guards scattered throughout the Casino, he said to her. Think you can take them?”

“Of course, she said with a devious grin. I can handle them no problem, and if things gets too hot, i can easily subdue them with my magic. Don’t worry about me. But you mean in a battle or sexually? Because either way, i can take them”

“You know that i meant in a battle, he said, exasperated. Don’t joke about those things, especially with your brother.”

“I’m sorry, she said, smiling. I just couldn’t resist. I know you won’t let me do those kind of things.”

“Plus, if i meant it sexually, i would be the one doing it anyway” he said.

“Because it is okay for you but not for me to be banged by 2 dozens of stallions?” she asked.

“Yes” he answered.

“Let’s just get done with the plan, she said. I will start by the Poker tables.”

Sunset went to the Poker tables while Sunlight went to the bar. The barmaid walked to him.

“So, Handsome, she said. What can i serve you?”

“The Thousand Heaven’s Special mix” he answered.

“Oh, a fine choice! She said. That will be ready soon enough”

Sunlight closed his eyes and used his magic to locate the vault and found it quickly. It was located deep underground, protected by magic barriers, anti-magic crystals and the latest innovations in security system.

”Oh boy, he thought. Getting to the vault won’t be easy, I can easily deactivate the magic barriers, and take out the security devices. Only big problem is the anti-magic system that protect the vault itself. I won’t be able to teleport myself of the treasure outside. Fortunately, it seem to only prevent ponies to use their magic, magical artifacts should work. The magic purse Discord gave me will be perfect, but it will take a long time to fit all the bits and gems inside. I hope Sunset can distract them for some time.”

“Here is your drink, she said with a smile. Do you want something else?”

“Hum, can you give me information about this casino?” he asked.

“Sure, anything for a customer that pay well, she said. What do you want to know?”

“First of all, Who own the casino?” he asked.

“This casino belong to Bloody Hooves, she answered. A very rich Unicorn and a very influent person. Other things you want to know?”

“Where it’s name came from?” he asked.

“This is Bloody Hooves who named it the Thousand Heavens. The rumors said that he got forced by the famous organization of the Thousand Eyes to name it that way.”

“Interesting, he thought. This Bloody Hooves might be the kingpin of the Thousand Eyes. That would explain why he named this casino after his organization.”

Sunlight took a sip of his drink.

“This Bloody Hooves, is he often in the Casino? He asked”

“No, she answered. He is rarely in his office, he says that he is a very busy man. But luckily for you, he is in the establishment right now. Did you want to meet him?”

“Can i? He said. Busy like he is, he probably doesn’t want anypony to waste his precious time.”

“He is indeed very picky with the type of pony he frequents, she said. But i saw the dress your partner is wearing, there is only one designer in Equestria who can make that kind of dress, and her creations doesn’t come cheap. Did she buy it or you did?”

“I bought it for her, for our...Uh...First couple anniversary” he said.

“A fine gift for a fine mare, she said. I can already tell you are not like the typical visitors, you look different from the others”

Sunlight finished his drink and was about to leave the bar.

“Thank you for your answers, he said. Here is a generous tip”

He took a pebble from his purse and turned it into a beautiful diamond. She looked at the gemstone, captivated. She took it and went behind the bar. She pushed a button.

“Boss? She said. It’s me, Red Velvet...”

“What do you want?” he said from his office.

Sunlight was on his way to the door leading to the vault when an intimidating-looking Stallion interrupted him.

“So, said the stallion. I heard from one of my employees that you wanted to meet me?”

“Oh, You must be the owner of this beautiful casino, Mister...Bloody Hooves, right?”

“The gorgeous barmaid said that served you said that she saw you turn a vulgar pebble into a pure white diamond, he said. This is not any unicorn who can do this kind of things. No wonder why you are so rich, if i could do that, i wouldn’t need this casino to make a living.”

“Let me guess, he said. You want me to use that magic trick of mine for you?”

“Quick-witted, i see, said the stallion. Let’s return to my office so we can talk without being interrupted”

They walked to the boss office and entered in.

“Now we can talk in peace, said Bloody Hooves. Take a seat.”

Sunlight jumped on a couch and looked for a comfy position.

“Do you want something to eat, to drink?” asked Bloody Hooves.

“I am fine, he said. And you can drop the nice guy act. You don’t fool me.”

“What are you talking about? Said the stallion. I am just a honest casino owner, that’s all.”

“I doubt about it, said Sunlight. I heard that this casino was one of the Thousand Eyes main source of income. And being the owner of the casino, i am pretty sure you have affiliations with the organization and it’s leader.”

“Who told you about the organization, said Bloody Hooves. It’s existence is only known by the princess Twilight Sparkle and high-place members of the organization. Could she have sent you to take it down? If that is the case, she is stupid to send a single Unicorn to do so. She should have send her friends or a squad instead.”

“So, you are a member of the Thousand Eyes? Said Sunlight. I guess i was right.”

“Yes, i am one the 7 Deadly Sins of the organization, said Bloody Hooves. I am Bloody Hooves, the sin of greed.”

“The seven sins are Greed, Sloth, Lust, Wrath, Envy, Gluttony and Pride, said Sunlight. I must deduce that your boss is the sin of pride, right?”

“No, you see, our organization is more complicated and complex than you can imagine. Each one of us, the Deadly Sins, control a specific market. Mine happen to be controlling the Casinos.”

“Why spilling your bag like that? Asked Sunlight. I bet this is because you are certain i won’t leave this room, right?”

“Nah, said Bloody Hooves. I am fully aware you could make quick work of my security team, To be honest, if the Princess sent you to take down the Thousand Eyes, you must be very powerful of incredibly skilled. Either way, i don’t want any problem with you. I will tell you everything you want to know about the Thousand Eyes, in exchange.”

“You want me to spare you, said Sunlight. I am not surprised. But tell, me, what will it win you to betray the organization.”

“More money, that’s what, said Bloody Hooves. The leader of the Thousand Eyes want a big part of the income my casinos make. If the organization is dissolved, that mean that i won’t have to share my gains with him anymore.”

“Hum, but if you hated having to give a share of your money to this guy or gal, why joining him in the first place”

“To protect my empire, that’s why, said the owner. I worked hard to built those casinos to what they are today. I refuse to let anyone else take it from me. This is why i accepted to serve him. To protect what i had.”

“You really deserve your sin, said Sunlight. Only money matter to you. This is why you wanted to see me when i turned that pebble into a diamond. I see now. And to be sure that the information you give me are right, i will pay you big for each crucial information you have on the Thousand Eyes.”

Sunlight showed him a big emerald.

“Tell me what you want to know” said Bloody Hooves with a smile.