• Published 7th Jan 2022
  • 206 Views, 5 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze, Rise of a Hero, Volume 4: The Thousand Eyes. - Justafanfictioner



Follow Sunlight Blaze, a hero with a heart of gold and a strong sense of justice, in his incredible adventures.

  • ...
 5
 206

Chapter 6: A dangerous gamble

Sunlight and his friends were on their way to Las Pegasus, meanwhile, at C.H.S, our heroes were eating at the cafeteria. Suddenly, the voice of Celestia came out of the intercom.

“This is a message from your Principal, she said. I have the pleasure to announce that tomorrow, we will have a new Drama art teacher and a new Sport coach. I count on you to welcome them with respect. This will be it for today’s messages, have a good afternoon.”

“Fuck..., said Rainbow Dash. We’re screwed!”

“Calm down, Dashie, said Fluttershy. Maybe they will actually not be rough with us...”

“Abusing or targeting one or a group of students is agaisnt the school rules, said Twilight. That’s the reason why Mr. Will was fired. And if he does target us specifically, we’ll just get back at them after school.”

“Well, said Applejack. The worst Tirek can do to us on school grounds is giving us more exercises or send us to detention. We’ve had worse honestly. So i am not worried.”

“And as for Sombra, said Rarity. What should we expect from him. He definitively know about manners and is charming.”

“He’ll probably give us more homeworks, said Pinkie Pie. No big deal.”

“If he does cause us problem, said Rarity, touching her hairs, i can probably get intimate with him and get him fired for flirting with a student.”

“He’s to smart for that, said Applejack. But this sure is one hell of a way to get back at him if he discriminate us...But please don’ do that, sugarcube”

Meanwhile, in Equestria... Sunset, Capper and the pirates we’re singing to pass time. Sunlight, him, was reading a book.

“We arrived!!! Said Celeano. Las Pegasus is right ahead!!”

“Finally! Said Sunlight. I was about to burn down the damn ship if i heard this annoying song one more minute.”

“One thing thought, said Celeano. Pirates ships are not allowed to go further. You’ll have to do the rest of the travel yourselves.”

“So, you are going to dump us here and leave? Asked Sunset. None of us have wings to fly. How are we supposed to do the rest of the way?”

“This is Las Pegasus we are talking about, said Celeano. This city have everything. And i don’t think ressources are a problem for you, right?”

“You have a point, said Sunlight. Money is not a problem for me, i can make as many gemstone as i wan’t with my Earth magic. Well, good luck, Captain.”

“Good luck to you too, she said. I hope you’ll find the answers you’re seeking.”

Sunlight teleported himself, Sunset and Capper on a nearby dock.

“Okay, we are in Las Pegasus, said Sunset. Now what? Where should we begin to look?”

“My instinct tell me that the piece might be in possession of a rich collector” said Sunlight.

“I can probably help you with this part, said Capper. I’m an expert at eavesdropping. But it will probably take some time, so you’d probably wanna explore the city in the meanwhile. Ciao.”

He left.

“So, what do you want to do first?” asked Sunset.

“Why not going to the Flim and Flam ressort? Answered Sunlight, reading a pamphlet. I heard it have one of the most popular and crazy rollercoasters.”

“Wait, Flim and Flam own it now? Asked Sunset. How did that happened?”

“Fluttershy, Applejack, Flim and Flam exposed the previous owner of the resort’s lies. And being opportunistic rascals, Flim and Flam jumped on the occasion to buy it.”

The two siblings walked in direction of the resort. On the way, they saw all sort of creatures, some dressed extravagantly, others naked and other wearing rags and begging. Sunlight gave to many of the beggers a gemstone or a couple of gold bits. Obviously, this draw the attention of some ill-intentioned creatures and ponies. They stopped when they were suddenly blocked and surrounded by a group of mean-looking ponies.

“I don’t need to read their minds to see that they are definitively not well intentioned” said Sunset.

”I probably shouldn’t have been so generous distributing gemstones like that, thought Sunlight. It must have drawn their attention.”

Around them, Sunlight noticed the streets were empty of ponies.

“Hum, judging by your look and the fact that everyone in a radius of a hundred meters disappeared from the streets, i must deduce you must be some sort of mafia, right?”

“You got it right, said one of them. You must be new here since you visibly don’t know that we are ruling this town, us, the Thousand Eyes.”

“The Thousand Eyes? Said Sunset. Oh no...Sunlight, we should leave”

She looked at Sunlight’s expression and saw it had changed.

“That smile, those eyes, she thought. He is not gonna run away.”

“What makes you smile?” asked a thug.

“I smile because i didn’t believe i’d had the occasion of taking down one of the most dangerous criminal organisation in Equestria.”

“You?! Asked another one, laughing. Don’t be stupid, alright guys, Kill him! And take this mare to our boss, he’s gonna love her.”

Sunlight drawed the air out of all the thugs lungs using air magic and casted a barrier at the same time.

“I...I can’t breathe, said a thug. I can’t breathe!!”

“Me neither, said another one. I...Need...Oxygen.”

The thugs all fell unconscious after a few moments. He rounded them up in a magic prison.

“Okay, what do we do now? Asked Sunset. Should we deliver them to the police?”

“No, they said they were making the rule in this city, answered Sunlight. I am sure they have the forces if order on their sides. I said we should send the Thousand Eyes a message, that their organisation is soon going to fall.”

He woke up one of them.

“You, transmit this message to your boss, he said. Tell him that Sunlight Blaze is going to destroy his whole empire to the ground and that if dare put a hoof on my sister, i’ll roast his nuts.”

People started to appear on the street, surprised.

“People of Las Pegasus!! Said Sunlight. Hear me out!! I, Sunlight Blaze, Will put an end to the reign of terror of the criminal organisation know as the Thousands eyes.”

“Many have tried, said a citizen, all have failed. What make you think you can succeed where so many have failed?”

“Didn’t you saw how fast i subdued those thugs? Said Sunlight. For the average pony, it might seem a task impossible to achieve, but i am no mere pony, believe me.”

“He have a point, said another citizen. He made quick work of those criminals.”

“You have my support, said a mare. I am behind you, Mr. Blaze.”

“You have mine too” said another one.

“One after another, the citizens started to cheer him. Sunset was feeling proud of her brother.”

“Yep, that’s my brother” she said, smiling.

“Now, let’s get to that resort, shall we?” said Sunlight.

They spent the rest of the afternoon at the resort. They were about to go try a ride when Flim and Flam showed up.

“So, enjoying your day?” asked Flim and Flam at the same time.

“Piss off, you two, said Sunset. For your info, yes, we are enjoying it.”

“We heard about what you did earlier today, said Flam. To those thugs from the Thousand Eyes.”

“And we want to say, said Flim. Good job. I know what you might think. But that organization spare no one, not even us. They force us to pay a big amount of money for protection, plus requesting to have free V.I.P access to the resort. This is not good for our affairs.”

“So, that must explain why you made so much schemes since you owned the resort, said Sunlight. But you didn’t you just come here to ask us if our day was good, right?”

Flim and Flam looked at each other.

“How good are you at entertaining people?” asked Flam to Sunlight.

“What do you have in mind?” said Sunset.

“I am pretty good with magic, he answered. My sis here is also pretty great with entertaining people too”

“Well, i am pretty good with crowds, she said. After all, i am the leader of a music band”

“So, here is the deal, one of the artist we were supposed to have for the evening won’t be able to show up for his representation, You two are friends of the Princess Twilight, right?”

“Yes, answered Sunlight. So, you want us to replace the missing artist and perform for him...What’s to gain from us?”

“People are talking about your exploit of today. Said Flim. A lot of ponies will be here tonight, thousands of them, and many very influent ones among them.”

“This might be the occasion for you to reach out for the most people possible. The artist in question was Songbird Serenade, you know her, she’s a very talented singer”

Sunset and Sunlight looked at each other with a smile.

“How are you feeling about a duet?” she asked.

“Pretty good, answered Sunlight. We will get everyone’s hope up!”

“Sunset Shimmer?! Sunlight Blaze?!” said a familiar voice.

“This voice, said Sunset. Rainbow Dash?!”

“In the flesh!! She answered. But i am not alone, I came here with my friends for tonight’s show.”

The rest of the Mane 6, including Spike and Twilight, showed up.

“I was not expecting you two to be here” asked Twilight.

Sunset told her they were here to find a piece of a relic that could lead them to their mother and also that Songbird Serenade won’t be present tonight.

“But no worry, though, said Sunset. Me and Sunlight will take her place.”

“I have a better idea, said Sunlight. Why don’t you and her sing together? The crowd will be crazy if the Princess of Friendship herself sing live on stage.”

“What about you? Asked Sunset. Didn’t you wanted to give a message of hope to the public.”

“You can do it at my place much better than me” he answered.

“For what?” asked Rarity.

“Should i told them about the organisation of the Thousand Eyes? Thought Sunlight. No...This is something i want to do by myself. They have already a lot to do...”

Twilight noticed something when she looked at Sunlight’s perplexed expression and suspected he was hiding something.

“The show shouldn’t begin before an hour or two” said Applejack.

“Let’s have fun, girls!” said Pinkie Pie.

“Aw Yeah!!” said Rainbow Dash

“Good idea, said Twilight. Let’s all join back at the same spot later!”

The mane 6 went to different directions Except Twilight.

“You are not going with them, Princess?” asked Sunlight.

“I think i should go with the girls, said Sunset. See you later!!”

She left.

“You are hiding something, i know it, said Twilight. What is it?”

Sunlight sighed and mentioned the Thousand Eyes Organization and how went the encounter.

“What?! Said Twilight. They are one of the most dangerous organization in Equestria!! And also on the top of my list of things to make Equestria a safer place.”

“Let me handle it alone, said Sunlight I am dead serious. I want to dismember this evil organization myself”

She looked at him and saw a determined spark in his eyes.

“I know that stare, she said. You are not going to back up, aren’t you? But getting rid of this organization is more than just beating them up and destroying their operation bases. They have allies almost everywhere in Equestria, taking down the big boss won’t be enough, they’ll just vote for a new one. Okay, true, Las Pegasus is the heart of the organization, and freeing it from their grasp will definitively weaken them a lot. Go for it, then. I believe you can do this, there is not more powerful magic user than you around.”

“Thank you, Twilight, said Sunlight. I won’t deceive you...”

“I know you won’t, she said. But still, be careful”