• Published 7th Jan 2022
  • 205 Views, 5 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze, Rise of a Hero, Volume 4: The Thousand Eyes. - Justafanfictioner



Follow Sunlight Blaze, a hero with a heart of gold and a strong sense of justice, in his incredible adventures.

  • ...
 5
 205

Chapter 10: The End of the Thousand Eyes, part 1

“Oh, you two are going to feel the heat, said Sunlight to the two villains. Sunset, go away from me...Or you’ll get hurt.”

She obeyed and stepped back.

Golden Eye laughed.

“Don’t make me laugh, he said. You won’t defeat...”

Sunlight rushed at Golden Eye at light speed and kicked him from below, sending the villain in the air, then teleported above him and tried to kick him in the guts. But Golden Eye blocked the hit with a barrier and repelled Sunlight with a violent gust of wind. Golden Eye landed on the ground and Sunlight immediately attacked him from above with a kick that shattered the magic barrier and sent the villain in the ground. Far from over, he teleported near Wrecker, his right hoove charged with magic energy and punched Wrecker so violently that he was sent 2 meters deep into one of the wall. He then took care of the clones created by Golden Eye one after another with precise and devastating blows to vital organs. He teleported back in front of the real Golden Eye, who was out of commission. Sunlight looked at Sunset and smiled.

“Ugh, what a Show-off, this guy” she said, smiling.

“Let’s get those two back to Twilight. Said Sunlight. Discord?”

Golden Eye and Wrecker were teleported away and sent to Twilight’s castle where she was trying to enjoy a book.

“Your Highness, said Discord. Those are the last two members of the deadly sins.”

“Perfect, she said. That mean that there is only the boss and the rest of the organization to take care of...Discord, bring me to Las Pegasus..”

“Let me guess, he said. You want to help Sunlight and Sunset, right? Didn’t he told you to let him handle this?”

“I do, but i got a bad feeling that he might get in trouble. Plus, i also want to do my part in taking down the Thousand Eyes. And Sunlight must probably be exhausted from battling all the 7 sins.”

“Alright, he said. But who will take your place on the throne? You can’t just leave the castle with all the paperwork you have to do...”

“I’ll let you take my place for the time i’ll be gone, she said. Spike, please keep an eye of Discord to be sure he doesn’t cause trouble.”

Discord teleported Twilight away. He then took her appearance and looked at Spike.

“Finally!! He said. I got to be a princess!!! That’s wonderful!!”

“Yeah....No. Said Spike. Trust me, Discord, you’ll be begging for her to come back soon.”

“Come on, i am Discord, the all powerful Lord of Chaos, he said. I am not scared of paperworks...”

“Well, good for you, said Spike. Because there is a lot of it to do...”

Sunlight and Sunset were back on the surface, at the entrance of the tunnels.

“Now that the 7 deadly sins have been taken care of, said Sunset. That only let us the Boss and his subordinates to deal with. Now, do you know where his lair might be?”

“No, said Sunlight. The location of his lair was a secret even among the 7 deadly sins.”

“His lair could be anywhere in Las Pegasus, said Sunset. Or it could even be anywhere outside the city! Where should we look first?”

“Searching for his base in this town will take too much time, said Sunlight. I say we wait for him, or her, to contact us. I am pretty sure we definitively got his attention by taking out the 7 Pillars of his organization.”

Meanwhile, at the Thousand Eyes headquarter, the boss was smiling devilishly, hidden in the shadows.

“So, what’s next, dear Boss?” asked the unicorn at his sides.

“I think it’s time to settle this, he answered. Being able to defeat 6 of the 7 elite members of the organization is certainly worth my attention. I am glad i will finally have the opportunity to use it...”

“You don’t mean...” said his second.

“Yes, answered the boss. I prefer having all the chances on my side. Tell one of our men to lure them into our base.”

“Immediately boss” said the unicorn.

Sunlight and Sunset were chatting at a coffee shop with Twilight, who arrived a few minutes ago.

“I know you told me that you could handle this by yourself, said Twilight. And you did a pretty good job up to now. But i just have a bad feeling about the boss of the organization. After all, being at the head of an evil organization that have total control of the most wealthiest and luxurious city in Equestria, i am sure he have tons of connections with many influent figures of Equestria. I am sure he have dangerous magic weapons, artifacts or spells. Plus, i kinda want to play an important role in the dismantlement of the Thousand Eyes Organization.”

“You might wanna step out of this one Twilight, said Sunset. If you were to be badly injured or killed in the battle, Equestria would be without a ruler and the Elements of Harmony would be rendered useless. Sure, Sunlight could protect you, and i am sure he will. But that would drag him down on the offensive side.”

“Well, sure, said Twilight. But....”

“I am not worried for her, said Sunlight. Twilight can certainly handle herself very well. She is as much gifted in magic as i am myself, if not more. I mean, she is an alicorn, for Celestia’s sake.”

“Thank you for not just seeing me as a dead weight to the group, said Twilight. You forgot that i, along with Sunlight and you, Sunset, were known as the Ace Trio back at Celestia’s magic school. The 3 best students of our classes and of the whole school”

“That’s funny, she said. All i remember is you getting all the attention and love of Celestia.”

“That’s because you were acting like a little bitch back then, said Twilight. No offense”

“Okay, i admit, i was very arrogant and proud back then, said Sunset. But i think using the term «little bitch» is a bit exagerated, don’t you think? I mean, i was not that bad, were i?”

“Nah, she is pretty spot on, said Sunlight. You were such a bully back then. I am basically the only one you were polite, nice and friendly with. I remember you saying that everyone else could just, and i quote «Get Lost». You even made fun of a filly because she was not even able to do a basic spell.”

“Oh, Like you were better! Said Sunset. You were so full of yourself that you were looking down on everyone else that you said, were, and i quote «A waste of time», «Not gifted» or «Magically retarted». The only fillies that you were opened too were me and Twilight.” Thinking about it, the 3 of us were not really good at socializing.”

“Hey, woah there, said Sunlight. I don’t deny using the two first terms, but i think you might make the third one up. There is no such thing as being «magically retarded». I prefer the term «Simple-Minded». It’s way less mean than straight up calling them retards”

“We were quite the odd ones in the bunch, said Twilight. And speaking of being odd...”

Starlight Glimmer appeared in the middle of the Coffee Shop with many bags

“Sorry for being late, she said. I just couldn’t resist the urge of doing shopping!!”

“You invited her too? Said Sunlight. Great, like if there was not enough gifted Unicorns in the group.”

“We better put all the chances on our sides, said Starlight, hugging Sunset and Sunlight. With the 4 of us working as a team, no enemy stand a chance against our magic skills and clever bright minds.”

“Fine, But i am the leader” said Sunlight.

“Don’t you think i would be best suited as leader?” asked Twilight.

“This is my mission, answered Sunlight. I started it, so i am the one leading the operation. Now, let me see your IQ, just for fun”

“Wow!! My IQ is 316? Answered Starlight, who saw the number appear in front of her. That makes me a super genius!”

“And mine is 357, answered Twilight. Which, according to Sunset’s world standards, is extremely rare, relevating of science-fiction, even. What’s yours, Sunlight?”

“About the same as yours, answered Sunlight. 357. It seem you and me are evenly matched in terms of intelligence. What about you, Sis?”

“186” answered Sunset, embarrassed.

Starlight held back a small laugh, that came out as a snort. Sunset stared at her with knife eyes.

“That thing must be broken, said Sunlight. It can’t be right. My sister can’t have such a low IQ. Let me try again”

“Low? Said Sunset, pissed. Having an IQ of 186 makes me a genius, you jerk. Go all fuck yourself with your I.Q of over 300!!! You know what? You can all finish this mission without me, i am going to look for Capper and start finding that piece of arftifact we came here for...”

“I’m sorry, Sunset, Said Starlight, it was just a joke!! It doesn’t matter if your IQ is lower than ours!! You still are very intelligent!”

Sunset had already left the place.

“It’s probably better that way, said Sunlight. It’s best for her and me if she stays out of danger. I will be able to fully focus on the fight that way.”

Twilight noticed a shady pony watching them from a window. Sunlight and Starlight also noticed him a few second afters. The pony started running away and the Trio chased him outside. The mysterious pony looked at them and continued running. The chase lasted for a couple of minute and ended when the fugitive suddenly disappeared in front of them.

“Where did he go? Asked Starlight. One second he was running, the next one, he just vanished!”

Sunlight advanced to the spot where the pony vanished but felt nothing.

“It must be an illusion, said Twilight. But who would cast one here?”

Sunlight smiled.

“I guess the final confrontation will start soon, he said. That pony was probably sent to bait us into following him to the leader of the Thousand Eyes’ base. And as i thought, it’s entrance is protected by a reality-alterating spell.”

“Reality...Bending? Said Starlight. This is very advanced magic....The pony who casted it must be extremely skilled....”

“Or it could be the work of a powerful magic artifact, said Twilight. But which one is it?”

“Well see it soon, said Sunlight, who was about to cast a spell. Magic Cancellation!!!”

After a few seconds, the entrance of the base became visible to everyone.

“What did you just do, Sunlight?” asked Twilight.

“I casted Magic Cancellation, he answered. A special spell that disable temporary the magic of an artifact, preventing it from working.”

“That is an ancient spell, said Starlight. And a complicated one to learn. Where did you learn it?”

“There is lot of perks of being close friends with the Lord of Chaos, said Sunlight. Let’s just say he owed me a favor for saving his ass.”

He showed them the Spell book.

“That book, said Twilight, Discord gave it to you? He must have been really grateful to you if he gave you that book. Hum...Think i could borrow it someday? You know i love books, especially magic ones.”

“Give me one reason why i should let you, or Starlight for that matter, have this book?” said Sunlight.

Twilight started begging on her knees with puppy eyes, but it didn’t affected Sunlight one bit.

Starlight suddenly had an idea and smiled.

“I think i might have a solution that will satisfy everyone, she said. Remember when i duplicated your Journal of Friendship?”

“I do, answered Twilight. Of course, what a great idea!!”

“Can you pass me your book so i can duplicate it?” asked Starlight to him.

Sunlight put the book on the ground and let Starlight use a duplication spell on it. The magic spell book separated in 3 identical copies.

“There, said Starlight, taking one of the copies. 3 books, one for each of us, happy?”

“Thank you, Starlight!! Said Twilight. I will cherish that book like it was my baby!”

“Well, That was easy, said Sunlight. Now, let’s not waste any more time, it’s time to face our enemies”

The trio entered in the base.