• Published 7th Jan 2022
  • 205 Views, 5 Comments

The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze, Rise of a Hero, Volume 4: The Thousand Eyes. - Justafanfictioner



Follow Sunlight Blaze, a hero with a heart of gold and a strong sense of justice, in his incredible adventures.

  • ...
 5
 205

The adventure begins

Sunlight Blaze and Sunset Shimmer were discussing with Princess Twilight for a while.

“So, if i resume what you told me, she said. You two want to discover the identity of your real parent but you don’t know where to begin...I bet Celestia might know something about this subject. Now, if you excuse me, my royal duties await me, Spike! Do you have the list of my duties for the day?”

“Of course!!” answered the dragon.

“I had fun talking with you 2, said Twilight. Do you plan on returning to Equestria one day?”

“Probably” answered Sunset.

“I don’t think i will” answered Sunlight.

“Well, whatever, said Sunset, Can you told us were we can find Celestia?”

“Spike?” asked Twilight.

“Right on!! He answered. You’ll find them at Silver Shores, Here is her adress and location”

“The retirement place? Asked Sunlight. Great, well, we better leave soon if we want to make it before noon”

They where about to leave Canterlot, but Sunlight decided to make a detour to his adoptive parents home.

“Before we go, said Sunlight. I want at least to present you to those who raised me and made me what i am today.”

“Are you sure? She asked. I...We should probably get on the train before...”

“The train won’t leave before 45 minutes, answered Sunlight. Beside, i didn’t saw them in a while either.”

Sunlight knocked at the door.

“Mom, Dad, it’s me!!” he said.

A mare opened the door.

“Sunlight!! Said the mare. What a nice surprise!! Honey!! Our son is here!!”

“Son!! Said his Father, what an agreable surprise to see you!! Oh, and who is the cute mare with you? Is she your girlfriend?”

“Uh...Y..., said Sunset, looking for an exit.

Sunlight shove his hoof in her mouth.

“I wish she was my girlfriend, but no, said Sunlight. Mom, Dad, Meet my Sister, Sunset Shimmer”

“So, you are our son sister!!! Said the mare. Now that i look at you two, you really look alike.”

“Please enter, said the stallion. We were waiting for our son to visit us, but we were not expecting him to bring the Sister he talked so much about in his letters.”

“So, i do believe you were raised, like Sunlight, by a noble family of Canterlot, am i right?” said Sunlight’s mother.

“Yes, But i wasn’t so lucky with the parents i had, said Sunset. They were strict and cold toward me if i didn’t have good notes in classes. They only cared for me when i was performing great academically. They were putting ton of pressure on me, and that turned me sour and impatient. When Celestia took me as a pupil, my parents pressured me even more, forcing me to priorize my grades over bounding with others. I wanted to please to both my parents and Celestia, but the stress was too high. This is why i tried to shortcut my way to the throne, and that led me banished in another world, angry, sour and mentally instable. But despite all of this, i finally turned out great.”

“This is quite a troubling childhood you had, said Sunlight’s father. I am sorry you were put that much pressure on by your family.”

“Sunlight talked a lot about you, said Sunset. I would have loved to have you like parents. Maybe my life would have been different, maybe i would have been different...”

“If i knew, i would have swapped my place with yours” said Sunlight.

“I know, said Sunset, faintly smiling. But this is a part of my past i don’t want to talk about too much.”

“So, what brings you back in Equestria?” asked the father of Sunlight.

“Well, i want to uncover the truth about our birth parents” said Sunlight.

The two ponies stood silent for a short moment, looking at each other.

“We knew this day would come, said the mother. I have something i have to give you, in this case.”

She left the room and came back a few minutes later with a letter.

“This letter was left in the basket we found you in, Sunlight.” She said.

Sunlight took the letter and immediately started reading it.

“Dear son, said Sunlight, reading the letter out loud. If you read this letter, you must have grown into a great looking stallion. I believe you probably found the existence of your half-sister, Sunset Shimmer. Yes, You had the same mom but a different dad. You’ll probably wonder why i and your mother abandonned you. I left on the other side of this letter one of the 2 part of a map that will lead you on the traces of your mother. If she is still alive, she will give you more informations about the answers you seek. Sunset’s father also left a letter in her basket, it contain the second part of the map”

Sunlight looked behind the letter and used his magic to reveal a weird map that seemed incomplete.

“Sis, i think it’s time for you to face your parents, said Sunlight. If your father left a letter in your basket, that mean your adoptive parents have it.”

“Oh dear, said Sunset. Do i really need too? I don’t want to meet them after the way they treated me.”

“I understand, said Sunlight. But we absolutely need the second letter. Plus, i will be at your sides if you want”

Sunlight’s parent left him a couple of homemade lunches for the adventure. They walked to the house of Sunset’s parents.

“I can do it, she said. I will get in there, told them what i think about them and get the fucking letter.”

She knocked at the door. An old-looking stallion opened the door.

“Yes, to who i have the honor?” asked the stallion.

“Your daughter, said Sunset. Adoptive daughter, you know, the one you abused and mistreated during her young years.”

“Sun...Sunset? Said the stallion. I....I....Never thought i would see you again, after your sudden disappearance a couple of years ago”

“I would have preferred not to come back to you, she said. If i am here, this is because i believe you have a letter destined to my intention. The letter that was in my basket when you found me as a baby.”

“I do have it, he said. But i won’t give it to you.”

“I don’t need your permission, said Sunset. By the way, where is your wife?”

“She...She is...She is gone” said her father.

“Oh... Said Sunset, feeling bad for him. I...I’m sorry...How did she...?”

“Oh no no, said her adoptive father, By gone, i mean that she divorced me. She couldn’t cope with your disappearance and accused me of being the cause of it. To be honest, our relation was far from great, but that terrible event was the cherry on the cake, the drop that brought her over the edge. During all those years, there was never a day in which i regret treating you like garbage, Yes, i admit, i was the worst father figure. But i’ve changed since.”

Sunset used her magic to read her adoptive father’s memories. She saw him and his wife break up, then saw him having a mental breakdown, him trying to end his life, crying a lot. Then she saw him take control of his life and do everything he could to be a better person.

“I am sorry, Sunny, he said. I...Should have been more supportive, kinder to you. I was so obsessed with the idea of you becoming a princess that i put a lot of pression on you. I should have taught you to make friends instead of teaching you to focus on your academic score. If i didn’t messed up so bad to raise you, perhaps things would have been different for you...”

He told her and Sunlight to wait a moment. Her father quickly came back with a letter.

“Take it, he said. I know you won’t forgive me for what i did right now, but at least i told you what i had on the heart. I’ll be waiting t’ill your ready to do so. For now, i will let you go seek the answers you are looking for. Good luck and take care of yourself.”

Sunset took the letter and smiled at her father.

“Thank you, she said. You really changed. Well, take care of yourself, dad.”

He smiled and shut the door. Sunset tore up the letter and read it.

“What did it said?” asked Sunlight.

“The same thing as the other one, she answered. Except for a few words.”

Sunlight took the two letters and flipped them backward. He combined the two parts of the map and saw a black dot circled in red.

“That dot circled in red is where we have to go, said Sunlight. Buckle up, Sis, we are going for Kludgetown.”

“Are we taking the train?” asked Sunset.

“The train? Asked Sunlight. Don’t be ridiculous. Ever tried the air?”

“No, you don’t mean...” she said.

They are later both on bord of an hot air ballon that Sunlight borrowed.

“Hum, you intend to bring the balloon back where you stole it, right?” asked Sunset.

“Borrowed, answered her brother. I will give it back, i swear, well, i’ll try. If not, i will pay back the owner.”

While they were flying to their destination, Moonlight was outside his base, smiling devilishly.

“What a lucky day for me, he said. I hope the crew doesn’t screw up things while i’m gone. Time to look for new members to add to the team...”

He looked at the photos of the potential recruits and stopped his eyes on the pictures of Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk and Adagio Dazzle.

“Starting with those 3...” he said.