• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 1,956 Views, 91 Comments

The Ultimate Enemy 2: Return of Harmony - LoganRyder



Months have passed after Spike has defeated his dark future self, but is he truly gone?

  • ...
4
 91
 1,956

Chapter 24

The two dragons had began their final battle once again. Dark Spike and Spike charged at each other with incredible speed. As they fought each other, they either landed blows or fired magical fire blasts at each other.

"This. Ends. NOW!" Dark Spike shouted

The two continued to fight and blast magical blasts at each other. Both proved to be in equal terms of power and strength. As they fought, Dark Spike elbowed Spike back and began to walk slowly to him.

"Y'know, looking at you, I know that even though you have the "power" of friendship in you. You still feel different. Is it Anger?, Despair?, Vengeance? You and I both know there's a reason you're feeling this way." Dark Spike taunted

"I'm only doing this to stop you! And then save Equestria from you and your little scheme!" Spike replied, kicking Dark Spike back.

The two continued to fight and clash with each other. As they did, there was no clear sign of who was winning. Both Spike's proved to be equally matched.

Just as Dark Spike blasted Spike, he dodged and managed to reach the forcefield the girls were trapped in. Spike, seeing the dark green energy ball that was about to kill the ponies had an idea. His hands glowed an green aura and he grabbed the dark energy ball and blasted at Dark Spike.

"WHAT THE?!?!?" Dark Spike shouted as the energy ball consumed him in a green wave of light.

Spike meanwhile, freed the girls by powering up his right hand and punching the forcefield, causing it to shatter like glass. The ponies smiled as the girls embraced Spike.

"Spike! You saved us!" Starlight said with gratitude

"You did it sugarcube!" Applejack said proudly

"You saved Equestria Spike!" Princess Celestia said in happiness

"Not yet!" Spike said pointing at the sky.

They looked and saw an enraged Dark Spike flying in the air, who shouted

"THAT'S IT! NOW YOU ALL WILL PERISH!!!"

He began to power up in a dark green magical aura sphere while his chest and eyes glowed blood red. The girls only looked in distress at how to stop Dark Spike's next move.

"What is he doing?!" Rainbow Dash said in shock

"Whatever it is, it's not good!" Twilight said in fear.

"What do we do?!?" Fluttershy said

"I have an idea!" A familiar voice said

The girls and Spike turned and saw Discord, who had a few bruises on him, but not too bad.

"DISCORD!" Fluttershy said in relief

The draconequus hugged the girls and Spike happily. Starlight, upon seeing the bruises asked

"What happened to you?"

"I do apologize for being late to help my little ponies. That future scoundrel of Spike trapped me in my realm and stole some of my magic! He even tried to goad me into joining him into hurting you all AND Fluttershy!" Discord said in dismay and anger.

"No wonder he's gained more power!" Spike said with realization.

"Do you have enough to help us stop him?" Princess Cadance asked

"Sadly no, Future Spike is too wise to fall for such tricks, let alone mine. But I have another way." Discord said

"What is it?" Spike asked

"I need you girls to stand behind Spike while I ready my chaos magic." Discord said

The girls had each walked and stood behind Spike. As they did. Discord only closed his eyes and began to use his chaos magic to transfer some of the Rainbow Power in Spike to the girls and Starlight. As soon as he did, the girls began to glow a bright light.

They had transformed into the same forms they had used to defeat Tirek and send him to Tartarus.

"Whoa! We have our magic forms like with Tirek!" Rainbow Dash said

"But how?" Pinkie asked

"I transferred some of the light magic in Spike to you girls as you each are the Elements of Harmony. That should help you take care of him." Discord said

As if on cue, Dark Spike was approaching and the girls and Spike got ready and flew in the air and approached.

Dark Spike only gave a look of disgust and disdain and said

"Well Well, looks like my so-called future involves lame lasers and 6 moronic hypocrites along with a crazy equality obsessed tyrant with undeserving power and magic."

"They may not deserve it faker, but at least they mean well to protect Ponyville and Equestria. And I'm going to protect it too!" Spike said in determination

Dark Spike only charged a high level of flaming magic and power and was engulfed in a dark green and red aura. The two opponents then charged at each other. Their power had clashed as Spike and the girls were fueled by an Rainbow energy wave aura along with a light green aura from Spike. Dark Spike's energy wave aura was dark green and red. The girls and Spike's power had clashed back and forth with Dark Spike who only gave an angry and furious look.

As they clashed, Dark Spike mockingly taunted "Sorry Spike! But Equestria isn't big enough for both of us! Or our futures!"

Spike only glared with fury at his older evil self and said "You know, for once I couldn't agree faker! Let's finish him everypony!!!!"

"RIGHT!!!!" The girls replied

"Let's show this imposter what happens when you mess with us or our friends!!!" Rainbow Dash said

'And that our Spikey-Wikey is no villain or monster!!!!" Rarity added

As the heroes and villain clashed. Their energy waves had mixed and caused a dark green aura and rainbow colored mixed auras to clash. As the girls and Spike fought Dark Spike, Spike and Dark Spike both shouted, with Dark Spike smiling with sadism and Spike giving a glare with fury and determination.

"IT"S OVER!!!!!!!" The two dragons yelled

A bright light engulfed the heroes and Dark Spike, who was now weakened and gave a look of shocked surprise. As he did, he only said in a beaten and shocked tone.

"But...but...how...?..I..CAN'T...I...I....am....inevitable..!"

"Not anymore faker!" Spike replied

"Game over you fiend!" Rarity said

"Your future has just been cancelled meanie!" Pinkie Pie said

"And we'll show you what we accomplished together!" Twilight said

"And what the magic of friendship really is!" Starlight added

"Curse...you....CURSE....YOU!!!" Dark Spike angrily replied

"NOW GIRLS!!!" Spike shouted

The girls nodded and along with Spike, blasted a rainbow powered blast at Dark Spike, who was sucked in and began to dissolve in a bright light of green and rainbow colored aura's.

(Imagine Tirek is Dark Spike and the Spike is in Rainbow Form with the girls in this picture).

"NO!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! I AM INEVITABLE!!! MY FUTURE IS MEANT TO BE!!!!! I WON"T ACCEPT THIS!!!! CURSE YOU SPIKE!!!!! CURSE YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Dark Spike shouted as Spike and the girls blasted him.

Dark Spike was dissolved and erased from the blast by the girls magic and Spike's increased light and dark magic in a bright light. As the bright light dimmed down, a shadowy flash had appeared and then all the damage Dark Spike caused was either repaired or undone. As the shadowy flash faded, all of Ponyville was back to normal and the Castle of Friendship was restored, even Flurry Heart was teleported and returned to her parents, much to their happiness.

Spike only flew down along with the girls and gave a relieved smile.

"That. Was. Awesome!" Rainbow Dash said in glee

"We did it!" Fluttershy said

The ponies in Ponyville cheered and shouted in joy at having been saved. The citizens in Ponyville all happily jumped in joy at the girls and Spike's victory. The Princesses even reached the girls and Spike and as soon as they did, their Rainbow forms had worn out and they were back to normal.

"You did it Twily!" Shining said

"No Shining, we did it!" Twilight said in correction

As the ponies celebrated, Luna quickly said

"Um Twilight? Where is Spike?"

The girls looked and noticed Spike was indeed gone.

"That's weird, he was just with us when we stopped that evil mean future version of him." Rainbow Dash said confused.

"Hey girls! Look!" Fluttershy said pointing her hoof at something.

The girls followed her and saw a small piece of paper.

"It looks like a note." Rarity said

"What does it say?" Starlight asked.

Twilight picked up and opened the crumpled note and there was only one word on it.

GOODBYE

"Goodbye?" Twilight said confused

"I guess....Spike is still choosing to leave Ponyville." Princess Cadance said with a frown

"I wonder where he went?" Shining Armor said

"Well, I'm gonna look for him!" Twilight said

"No Twilight." Princess Celestia said

"What?!" The shocked reply came from Twilight and the others.

"Spike may have helped you defeat his evil self, but that doesn't mean you are not as responsible for this happening. In fact, you each had a part to play in his transformation both in the older Spike's timeline and in here as he forewarned you and the citizens yet none of you listened to him. Not only that, but you use and see him as a tool rather then see him as a hero or friend. I believe this is a well-fitting punishment for both myself and each of you."

"B-but Princess Celestia! I-" Twilight said, but she was silenced with a stern hoof by her former mentor.

"I don't wish to hear if Twilight! You each deserve this punishment and Spike deserves the freedom as he earned! I hope one day you all understand that, especially given how you each took him for granted. And from the way I ignored him." Princess Celestia said with disappointment and guilt at the last part

This statement left the citizens guilt-ridden and the girls speechless as Twilight only gave a look of guilt in tears. With the girls trying to comfort her.


(In the Everfree)

Spike was able to reach the forest and stopped running. With a quick catch of his breath, Spike's hands glowed green and after a few seconds, a green portal was summoned.

"Goodbye Twilight."

Spike stepped through the portal, which then disappeared as soon as he entered

(In the mirror world)

Spike, in his dog form, was then taken to an alleyway by the portal and hid so he would not be seen. A light green glow was then emitted. After a few seconds, he left the alleyway...as a HUMAN!

Spike had purple skin and green spikey hair and green eyes, he had a green shirt and purple pants along with purple shoes with green flames.

"Well, looks like I have a whole new life now." Spike said to himself.

He left the alleyway and the screen then cut to black. Leaving his path unknown.

To be continued......

Author's Note:

That's it! The next story will come and will take place with Spike with Sunset and the others and then eventually in Season 9.

Comments ( 7 )

Awesome. I loved that ending with Princess Celestia punish herself and the others.

I don't want to sound like an antagonist, but... the chapter could have been better.

I hope to see the realize what jerks they really were. Spike was just as important as the rest of them but they took him for granted. And those ponies were stupid about the book what do they think non fiction means?

Now this is how the series should've ended. This ending (if possible) is how even P.C. should've ended as well & a new spin-off series would be focused on Spike finding happiness in his new life. Even the CMC'S could've gone on the same path after season 2.

P.S. Well done here once again. Can't wait to see the following sequel to this.

Knew Spike would leave regardless of the outcome, wasn't expecting him to go into Sunset's world but then again the Dragonlands/Changeling Kingdom would have been too obvious & easy for Twilight to pester him to come back. :moustache:

Speaking of which, hope the ponies do get some backlash from both races (dragons/changelings) after all of this. 😡
Looming forward to the sequel & seeing Spike's new life here!

I keep imagining him telling canterlot high what happened to him and everyone there giving twilight the cold shoulder. To the point where she comes over just to find that her time as hero is up.

And so the battle is finished and Spike is now in the human world(as a human, the dog issue was solved, all the YES)


Really disappointed on how Luna was handled and also labeled as "bad" at the others too..

Login or register to comment