• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 1,956 Views, 91 Comments

The Ultimate Enemy 2: Return of Harmony - LoganRyder



Months have passed after Spike has defeated his dark future self, but is he truly gone?

  • ...
4
 91
 1,956

Chapter 10

Dark Spike was in disguise as Spike and walked around Ponyville as he looked around the ponies, with some even waving at him.

"Hmmm, since the day with Flurry Heart passed, which part of my past am I in now?" Dark Spike thought to himself.

As he walked, he noticed that he was near Twilight's castle once more and there were two familiar ponies near the pathway to the entrance. He looked closer and saw that it was Pinkie Pie and her sister Maud.

Pinkie was introducing Maud to the Castle of Friendship and had a look of joy while Maud remained stoic. As Dark Spike listened, he then gave a look of realization.

"This might be the time when Pinkie was introducing her sister Maud to Ponyville after she graduated from rock school."

As Dark Spike listened, he noticed that Pinkie only argued with a still stoic Maud. Dark Spike only gave an amused smile at the two.

"Wow I don't know what's funnier, the fact that she is horrible at being a pony to introduce others or the prank I played on her and Rainbow Dash which they hypocritically say is 'too far'." Dark Spike only said in dark and morbid amusement.

"Your right about that." An familiar voice said

"And we deserved it after how we were to you."

Dark Spike turned and saw the spirits of the rest of the girls from his timeline looking at him with looks of dismay or remorse. Pinkie Pie had a straight mane and had a saddened look on her face, Rainbow Dash only gave a look of defeat and guilt as her wings were gone and were replaced with metallic ones, Fluttershy had a bunch of scars all over her body and her wings were scarred as she had a depressed look on her face, Applejack had a scar and one of her hooves was replaced with a robotic leg and her hat was burned in a few places and gave a silent look of guilt and Rarity only had a look of guilt and sorrow as she had an shorter mane and small scars on her body, with one big scar on her lip and another on her chest.

"Well Well, if it isn't the so-called Element's of Harmony of Equestria." Dark Spike said to his former friends in the future.

"We deserved that." Future Applejack's spirit said

"What do you all want now? Here to say to stop this so I can go back to doing chores and help your selfishness?" Dark Spike asked sarcastically.

"Spikey-Wikey, we know how much you resent us for what we did, but you have to stop this madness."" Future Rarity's spirit said

"Plus if you keep doing this insanity, what's the point of going on if you won't be satisfied?" Future Fluttershy's spirit said.

"Big talk coming from the ones that were treated like royalty while I was treated like a monster. And that's a lot considering what I did from what you did to me all those years!" Dark Spike said in response.

"Spike we didn't know how much we kept on hurting you! And I know what we did was wrong and you have every right to be angry, but this is only going to make things more worse then they are already!" Future Rainbow Dash's spirit yelled to him, practically pleading for him to stop.

"Ooooh! Like how I kept on getting pranked by you and that pink nuisance of a friend of yours?! You pull pranks and you call it fun, but when I do it you say it's awful or too soon, you constantly think I have to do your work while you go hang with your friends and then have the nerve to call me out on somethings I don't even do! What a load of self deluding hypocrisy. And YOUR supposed the Element of Loyalty, your just a joke! I even question what Scootaloo even saw in you." Dark Spike said in disgust and obstinance.

This statement left the former prideful pegasus silent in shock, a friend she had constantly belittled had called her out on her actions and her pride. She was only left silent in tears at having been proven wrong by the dark dragon.

"Spike! She never meant to do any of that! Sure Rainbow can be annoying and cross some lines, but that doesn't mean you should go too far either. And I know what I did was wrong too, but I never meant to hurt you." Future Fluttershy said in protest

"Are you sure your not just saying that because of how Rainbow is your friend Fluttershy? Or is it since your the Element of Kindness and have to do it in your Element's virtue?" Dark Spike questioned as he turned his back away from her.

This left Future Fluttershy silent as she cried a few tears in her eyes from his statement as the other future elements looked how distressed Future Fluttershy was.

"Spike that's enough! This is getting you nowhere and you have to stop! Not just for Equestria, but what about your family?!" Future Applejack said to Dark Spike

The moment she said this, Dark Spike's spine chilled as he stopped walking away, his eyes began to slowly black and had red pupils and said quietly

"Family?"

He shook as his eyes glowed more darker and said with rage

"FAMILY?!?, YOU ALWAYS TREATED ME LIKE DIRT, DON'T EVEN GIVE ME A LITTLE GRATITUDE, LEAVE ME BEHIND WHENEVER TO CLEAN YOUR MESS, NEVER ONCE BOTHER TO TREAT ME EQUALLY, DON'T BRING TO PARTIES AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL YOURSELF MY FAMILY?!?!?!?"

"Spikey-Wikey! Please Calm Down!" Future Rarity's spirit tried to reason

"You know what?! Go! I don't eanna see you six fakes near me again. I hope when I ensure my fate, ALL of this planet will know who the real villains are!" Dark Spike cut off Future Rarity, having reached his breaking point.

The Future 5 saw how much hate the dragon that was once their friend lash out at them for his pain and causing his life to be so troubled. Dark Spike even cried as he glared with hatred at his timelines former friends.

The 5 only faded with solemn looks of guilt and gave looks of pity at the Hero of the Empire turning into a villain. As they faded, Future Pinkie said in tears

"I'm sorry for not inviting you to my parties."

Future Rainbow said with a sad look of guilt "I'm sorry for hurting you."

Future Applejack held her hat near her chest and said with sincerity

"Ahm sorry I treated you like an punching bag."

"I'm sorry I made you feel like an animal and some thing we can take then a friend"

Future Fluttershy said with a frown of broken hope

Future Rarity gave a tearful look and said with an emotional tone

"And I deeply apologize for how uncouth I acted to you all these years Spikey-Wikey. You were right as to how foolish we were."

Dark Spike coldly turned away and flew in annoyance and anger as they faded.

(Somewhere in the Everfree Forest)

Dark Spike was in a cave and tried to place his mind elsewhere, but no matter what he did. He couldn't make the pain go away.

The future dragon teen only cried himself to sleep and said to himself in a quivering tone of broken hearted loss and depression.

Why didn't anypony want me?

Author's Note:

Partially based on this scene.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4Mv8R0mE0

(I own nothing)