• Published 26th Mar 2021
  • 1,956 Views, 91 Comments

The Ultimate Enemy 2: Return of Harmony - LoganRyder



Months have passed after Spike has defeated his dark future self, but is he truly gone?

  • ...
4
 91
 1,956

Chapter 4

It had been weeks after the whole prank thing with Rainbow Dash and the girls. Twilight had still been a bit angry at her for accusing both her and Spike for apparently trying to KILL her for playing pranks that went too far. Though still weary of the issue, Rainbow Dash let it go since Twilight would not believe her, and neither would the other ponies.

In the Everfree Forest, Dark Spike was seen in a cave using a hand flame in his left hand to produce light.

"Hmm, now that I have a place I can call home for now and that the so-called Element of Loyalty is dealt with, let's see what else I need to do." Dark Spike said condescendingly

He then began to to use his magic to show Twilight's castle in a green magic portal and he gave a smirk.

"Even if I lose, I must remain inevitable." Dark Spike said as he then shapeshifted into his young previous form and went inside.

(At Twilight's Castle)

'Spike' landed near behind the Castle and looked around. He saw it was now night time and saw Trixie and Starlight were leaving the castle in a hurry.

"Starlight and Trixie? Why were they in there?"" Dark Spike said in confusion

The dark dragon returned to normal form and then managed to sneak in the door and saw a glowing green light coming from the throne room.

"Where is the bright green light coming from?" Dark Spike said in his thoughts

Using his magic to turn invisible, he phased through the walls and the sight had surprised him.

Inside the throne rooms were the 6 girls and Spike, but they were speaking with an all too familiar figure who was seen in green magic aura.

"Chrysalis?!" Dark Spike muttered to himself

The ponies and Spike turned into Changelings and spoke with their queen.

"Everything is going according to plan my queen. We've replaced the ponies and their dragon and have taken over their castle." One Changeling said

Queen Chrysalis smiled evilly and said

"Excellent! And I've just received word that the Princesses from Canterlot have successfully been replaced as well!"

As they spoke, Dark Spike said in his head with realization.

"Wait a minute! This is when that bug of a queen had her minions capture me and the so-called Princess of Friendship! The day before I transformed! Good, that means I still have enough time!"

After the message from Chrysalis had finished,the Changelings got ready to head out but Dark Spike appeared in front of them now visible.

"Going somewhere?" Dark Spike asked with a evil smirk.

"What the?! How did you get in here?! One Changeling said in surprise

"And were you watching us?" Another Changeling said

Dark Spike simply blasted dark green magic blasts at the 7 Changelings, knocking them out. He then drained their magic and began to explore the castle.

"Alright, now where is that Time Scroll?" Dark Spike said

As he looked around, he saw a locked up room and said

"That must be it!" Darl Spike said as he burned the lock with magic from hands.

The door opened and revealed an all too familiar scroll chained.

Dark Spike looked and gave an unsurprised look

"I sense some magic. Hmmmm it must be that Twilight and Starlight must have set some magic traps to stop intruders or thieves. Good thing I'm technically neither."

Dark Spike turned invisible and phased through the traps and got near the chained and guarded scroll. He then phased his hand through the chain and grabbed the scroll.

"Finally, I. Am. Inevitable." Dark Spike said

Powering up his magic, his hand glowed a dark green aura as he phased and placed the Time Scroll in him.

"Aaaaaahhgggh!!!!" Dark Spike shouted in pain as he placed the scroll in him.

"And just to be safe." Dark Spike said as he used his magic to create another Time Scroll and placed it in the pedestal.

Now that he was done, he used his invisibility to leave the room and went to the throne room with the unconscious Changelings.

"Well, since I have some time left to kill, I guess I should get some payback in the meantime."

Dark Spike then charged his magic and began writing some things on the walls and the thrones of the girls and present self.

(A few minutes later)

Dark Spike left the castle with the satisfied look on his face.

"Well that was fun!" Dark Spike said

His smile then turned to a frown of annoyance. As he said with a tone of dismay

"But now I have to do the one part of my plan I'm REALLY gonna regret. Having to save my present and those phonies he calls friends. But hey at least I get to deal with that bug of a queen and give them a little surprise when I'm done."

Dark Spike then flew into the air and made hia way to the Changeling kingdom.

As he flew, he thought deep within his mind.

"After I deal with the bug, I'll use that so-called friendship journal to expose Twilight, Starlight and her so-called friends for the fakes they truly are and send them to a place where there's no auch thing as friends. I mean after all.....I was never one."

He continued to fly his way to the Changeling Empire.

(At the Changeling Kingdom)

Dark Spike made his way into the Empire and hid in a nearby hole.

"Time to go to work." Dark Spike said

He once again shapeshifted into his former young form and made his way to the hive.

A number of Changelings noticed him and gave looks of surprise.

"Hey! How did the dragon get out of his cocoon?!"

"And why is his hands glowing?!"

"It doesn't matter! GET HIM!!!"

The Changelings all shapeshifted into the girls and tried to confuse him.

"Spike, don't hurt me!" A fake Rarity said

"Spike it's me Twilight! Your friend!" A fake Twilight said

"Dont'cha remember me Spike? Ah'm Applejack!" A fake Applejack goaded

'Spike' only gave a look of annoyance and said in pure venom in his voice

"GOODBYE"

He readied his breath and wailed.

The fake versions of the girls were knocked away by the flaming rings from his wail and retunred to their natural Changeling forms. 'Spike' only gave an unsympathetic look and said

"Fools."

He then made his way to confront the Queen.