• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 1,499 Views, 9 Comments

How Rumble, Got His Name - thewaffler



Have you ever been a little curious why his name as Rumble?

  • ...
1
 9
 1,499

Chapter 1

A/N: this could be considered Alt. Universe because The Transformers franchise exist in this version of Equestria, but it's best to just go with the flow.


In Equestria names are often decided with a lot of care, usually in reference to a skill set that runs deep within in each pony's family. It's part family heritage and part dumb luck that give a colt or filly some level of guidance to their special talent. This story is NOT one of those instances in fact it's quite the opposite.

These two colts had the unfortunate luck of being named by nerd parents. True nerds tend to name their foals, kids, hatchlings, whatever after something they love rather than anything that makes any sense. That would explain why somewhere in Equestria there is a dragon named Bravestar. As for the two pegasi brothers they were named after something a lot less obscure.

It all started many years ago...


Canterlot Convention Hall

Every year it was the site of gaming conventions held by the lunar princess herself, concerts and theater. The massive art deco structure was also home to a special convention that happened every spring and for two pegasus ponies it was where dreams came true.


It was here roughly twelve years after the birth of their son that Star Swift and Fata Morgana were at Bot-Con which was heaven for Transformers fans. Heck that was one of the reasons their first son was named Thunderlane, but it was changed at the last minute because everypony told the new young parents that the name "Thundercracker" sounded stupid.

Bot-Con itself held damn near ever important memory for the couple in their youth. They met when they bumped into each other at the food court; he was cosplaying as Scourge and she was cosplaying as a Decepticon pretender. The two Decepticon loving ponies fell in love almost automatically. Fata and Star could barely remember their lives before the Transformers fandom. Yeah, they loved shows like Mask, He-Colt, and the Silver Griffons, but it was the show about transforming robots that drove them into fanboy and fangirl fits of joy. Even at home the biggest arguments weren't over chores or teaching Thunderlane how to read, but rather which was better, Transformers Animated or Generation One.

Anyway, it was twelve years later at Bot-Con and only Star and Fata were there because they decided to go by themselves and not with Thunderlane because Bot-con is too awesome for foals, plus it was like a second honeymoon. Hell, they both lost their virginities to each other behind a huge statue of Galvatron back during the 1987 convention.

Star smirked as he remembered Fata's face and moaning as she she screamed, "fill me with dark energon!!!"

...and eleven months later she gave birth to their oldest son.

Suddenly, while attending a panel for Beast Wars, Fata felt "it."

"Uh, Star?" She whispered into her husband’s ear.

"Yeah, babe?" He saw the concerned look on his wife's face.

"I think my water just broke." Fata said as he noticed the liquid dripped from her chair.

The panel suddenly stopped as they noticed the commotion coming from the middle of the audience.

"What's going on over there?"

"My wife's havin' a baby!"

The audience tried to give them some room as one of the panel’s assistants went to go get help. Meanwhile Fata felt the foal coming as the contractions were coming fast and hard.

"AHHHHHH!!!!"

"It's gonna be okay, honey we'll get through this." Star leaned forward and nuzzled her head and held her hoof.

A stallion wearing a paramedic's uniform made his way through the excited crowd and to the couple.

"Ma'am, I'm here to get you to a hospital so you can have your baby."

To everpony's surprise Fata refused his assistance. "I wanna…ugh...have my foal here, Celestia damn it!!!"

The paramedic was about to put her on a stretcher and take her to a hospital regardless of her insane request, but as he leaned down the mare put him a sleeper hold. Fata wanted so much to add one more memory to their time at Bot-Con. Lucky for her there was a doctor at the convention.

18 Hours Later

Star and Fata were in a conference room of the convention hall surrounded by gifts donated by the other attendees. Star turned to his wife with a smile. "You fire these foals out of you like Soundwave's minicons." He chuckled.

"Ooh, that what we should name him." Fata replied to her mate as she starred at the grey and dark blue foal held in her hooves.

"What? Minicon?"

"No, we can name him after one of them and to make it fair, we'll both say a name at the count of three."

"1..."

"2..."

"3..."

"Rumble!!!" They both said in unison.


"...and that's how come my name is Rumble. Yes, I was close to being named Ravage or Lazerbeak. That also explains how your uncle Thunderlane got his name. " The now thirty seven year old pegasus said to his children whom had the look of confusion plastered on their face.

"Pa, I got a question about uncle Thunder."

"Okay, shoot."

"How come he's married to auntie Blossom Fourth, auntie Rainbow Dash, auntie Flitter and Cloudchaser all at the same time?"

"Errr..." Rumble really want to avoid this subject till they were older and as if Celestia had heard his prayers his own wife trotted into the room.

"I hear ya was talkin' about that name story of yer pa's. If y'all thought that was bad wait till ya here about the time he started courtin' me. How many stitches was that? Forty-one? Forty-two?"

"Forty-six, dear." The older stallion recalled when his wife's protective older sister attacked him with a skillet. Still this was a story he would rather tell than his brother's polygamist relationship with four mares.

"That is a tale for after dinner."

His youngest piped up eager to hear the story. "But, Daaaad."

"Alright, it all started when..."

Fade to black


Yes, I am insane. I also apologize if a lot of this seems superfluous, I had to get to 1000 words somehow. *shrug*

Comments ( 8 )

Crossover? With what?

1258079
Transformers, but it could be confusing on what you consider a crossover. Is a crossover taking two different IP's and having characters interact with each other or is it taking a franchise that doesn't normally exist in one universe and putting it in that universe?

1258592 What exactly do you mean by "IP's"?

1258608
IP= intellectual property

Was that Apple Bloom that Rumble married?

1412068
Yes, that was the implication.

I can see so see this happening to me, cause my first born's middle name will be Batman!:yay:

Login or register to comment