• Published 1st Feb 2021
  • 6,365 Views, 38 Comments

A Place in Equestria V: The Storm Awakens - GoebelTron



The Storm King has invaded Canterlot and now it’s up to Thomas to help his aunts and mother to save their friends and families.

  • ...
3
 38
 6,365

Chapter 13: Restoring Equestria & The Friendship Festival

After they got back inside, Thomas placed his hands on the staff, pointed it at the princesses and concentrated on their petrification but in reverse. Princess Cadance shook the obsidian crumbles from her mane, Princess Luna gasped as she saw herself released, and Princess Celestia unfolded her wings gasping in shock, and then she smiled warmly at her pupil, “Twilight!”

“Princesses! Oh!” She then came over to the three alicorns for a hug, and then the other Mane 7 did, but Thomas hugged Cadance as she wrapped her foreleg and wing around them. Thomas then held the staff with two hands and then they all joined him for another group hug. “Together,” Twilight said, and then when the crystal touched the floor, the magic from within the staff and the pearl on Thomas’s bracelet was released and spread everywhere in Canterlot, freeing the petrified ponies and returning the color and happiness everywhere.

“Princess Celestia? There’s somepony who wants to talk to you, and make amends,” Thomas said, pointing at Tempest Shadow. “Princess Celestia... I’ve now come to you humbly asking for forgiveness and that whatever punishment you have for me I shall accept,” she said, kneeling towards the sun princess. “Tempest Shadow... you may have doomed Equestria, but after seeing what Twilight has done for you, and the bravery our little one has brought up... we’d be honored to make you an honorary citizen of Equestria,” Princess Celestia said. “Now it looks like we have plenty to rebuild,” Princess Luna said. “Sure looks like it,” Princess Cadance said. “By the way, Thomas is also the real hero. He risked his life to save us from the Storm King while we were grabbing the staff!” Rainbow Dash said.

“But I’m sure he didn’t mean to,” Fluttershy said, holding her son against her chest with one foreleg. “But... what about the festival?” Thomas asked. “I still wanna meet Songbird Serenade.”

Twilight thought of an idea, “I do have one idea, but I was thinking if we could invite the hippogriffs so you could meet the queen and get to know her.”

Princess Celestia nodded, and then they all went over to help redecorate for the Friendship Festival, and rebuild Canterlot.


Later on, most of the buildings were rebuilt and some of them were started to be rebuilt, and the ponies who helped redecorate for the festival helped out. Thomas finally got his autograph and picture taken with Songbird Serenade, until she unexpectedly kissed him on the cheek.

“Sassy Saddles, Coco Pommel? May I borrow you both for a moment?” Rarity asked, as she trotted over to her fashion managers from Canterlot and Manehattan. Sassy Saddles was a supermodel sized unicorn mare with pale light grayish cerulean fur, a curly and perfectly brushed mane and tail colored brilliant vermilion with light amber and light tangelo stripes and with a gradient of moderate fuchsia to moderate orchid on the shadowed side, brilliant orange eyes with moderate Persian blue eyeshadow, and a black dress with gold studs and a saddle.

Coco Pommel was a earth pony mare with light amberish gray fur, a two-tone pale light grayish cyan and light opalish gray mane and tail, light cyan eyes, she wore a white-bordered lavender sailor collar with a scarlet tie and a tri-shade hair clip in the back of her mane, and her flank had a cutie mark of a lavender floppy hat with a scarlet feather.

“Yes, Rarity?” Sassy Saddles asked. “Can we help you?” Coco Pommel asked. “I’d like you both to meet my darling nephew, Thomas. He’s my friend, Fluttershy’s son,” Rarity said. “Hello there, little sweetheart,” Sassy Saddles said. “My, don’t look cute?” Coco Pommel said sweetly. Thomas blushed as he was pulled into a hug by Coco. “Are you enjoying your time in Equestria, sweetie?” she asked. Thomas nodded, “Yeah. I am.”

“My, my. A certain taste of children’s fashion, hmm?” Sassy Saddles asked, then thought of an idea. “Rarity, would you be alright if Coco and I helped make some outfits for your nephew?”

“Why, yes! I’d certainly be honored!” Rarity said, and then she showed them both his measurements on a piece of paper, and then the two mares wrote the notes down. “There, now when we return to Ponyville, be sure to send me whatever you come up with and I’ll deliver it to him.” Sassy Saddles and Coco Pommel nodded, and then they felt a hug from Thomas. “You’re very welcome, sweetie,” Sassy Saddles said, until she leaned over to give him a kiss on the top of his head.

“Thomas? Why don’t you run along and have fun while we take care of everything?” Rarity asked. Thomas nodded, and then waved goodbye to the three mares, and then he ran off to find something fun to do.

Later on, the princesses and Twilight were having a nice view of the festival set up, until Starlight heard a giggle from underneath the tent while checking Twilight’s checklist. She smirked warmly, since she knew who it was, and then went to go look, “Gee... I wonder where a certain cutie of a nephew of mine has gone.” He suddenly saw her turn around, and then he carefully crept out and playfully pounced on her. Starlight jumped with a scream, until she saw him laughing until she giggled with a warm-hearted chuckle, “My goodness. You scared me.”

“Gotcha!” Thomas said, until he hid underneath her tail. “Oh, so that’s how you wanna play, huh? Well, here comes the tickle monster!” She then sat on her haunches and held him in both her forelegs and blew a raspberry on his belly, until he laughed and screamed at the same time. When she stopped to catch him breath, Starlight pulled him in for a hug against her chest and neck.

“Princess Celestia? Princess Luna? It’s almost time,” Twilight said. “Thank you, Twilight,” Princess Celestia said. “And by the way... since we’ve looked through your plan... we’ll do it your way, but with our help.”

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Twilight said happily.


Later on, as Princess Celestia got ready to lower her sun, Twilight decided to make an announcement, “Ponies of Equestria... thank you for coming and I’d like to welcome you all to the Canterlot’s annual Friendship Festival!” The ponies cheered for her motivational speech, then Twilight continued. “Now, let’s celebrate with a little features!” Princess Celestia lowered the sun, and then Princess Luna raised the moon, allowing Princess Cadance to use her crystal magic to create the light show that was planned, causing ponies to cheer and have fun.

The princesses came over for their announcement as well. Princess Celestia came first, “I’d like to thank Twilight for planning this joyous occasional celebration, and we’d like to thank her for offering us our help, and it’s important to ask before things happen, and to find ways to help somepony in need, even if you don’t trust them.” Princess Cadance then made her announcement, “And now, to celebrate the fact that we're all still here in one piece, give it up for Princess Twilight and her friends!” The ponies cheered for the group of heroes.

“Let’s get this party started!” Pinkie Pie said, shooting confetti, balloons, and streamers from her party cannons. They all enjoyed the party.

Rainbow Dash and Captain Celaeno made a bro-hoof. Rarity finished up a top hat and cape for Capper. “Ooh!” he said, as Rarity was almost done with the stitching. “And perfection!” she said. “I think I like it!” Capper said.

Tempest was surprised about how well the festival was set up, “Well, that's one thing that never changes around here. The party.”

“Well, I hope you'll stay. More friends are definitely merrier,” Twilight said, as Thomas nodded in agreement, as he sat on Starlight’s back eating an apple fritter, two pink and white frosted chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles, some freshly peeled baby carrots and freshly cut apple slices, and a mug of apple cider from Applejack. “If you want too, that is,” Starlight said. “Yeah, totally,” Sunset said. Tempest sighed, “But, um... my horn.”

“You know, your horn is pretty powerful, just like the pony it belongs to,” Twilight said. “But the thing is, it doesn’t matter what it looks like on the outside, except it’s what the inside that counts,” Thomas said. “Thomas has a point,” Starlight said.

“I did tell you I wanted to show everypony in Equestria what I could do, right? Well, what do you think of this?” Tempest the charged up her horn and made some fireworks for the light show Cadance created.

“Nice touch, Tempest!” Pinkie Pie said. “Actually, that's not my real name,” Tempest said. “Oooh! What is it?!” Pinkie Pie asked excitedly. Tempest then whispered into Pinkie’s ear quietly, “It's "Fizzlepop Berrytwist".” Pinkie Pie gasped “Okay! That is the most awesome name ever!

“Hey! That’s my mojo!” Rainbow Dash said, until the Mane 8, Tempest, Princess Skystar, Spike and Thomas laughed together, until they saw Queen Novo appear, along with other hippogriffs beside her.

Queen Novo was now a hippogriff with light fuchsiaish gray fur and feathers with pale light grayish arctic blue chest fur and miniature feathers and gradient tinted fur on the lower back of her talon arm forelegs and hoof hind legs that were pale fuchsiaish gray, a feather mane and tail in a gradient of brilliant fuchsia to strong mulberry with moderate purple peacock spots and sky blue cattail shaped feathers on her head and tail, and she had a pale light grayish yellow beak.

Princess Skystar gasped, and ran up to her, “Mom!” She then hugged her mother as Queen Novo hugged her daughter back. “I am so proud of you, honey,” Queen Novo said, as she laughed. “Well, it was actually the ponies, and this little cutie right here,” Princess Skystar said, mentioning Thomas next to her. Queen Novo lowered herself down to him with a warm motherly smile on her beak.

“Thomas, I can’t thank you or your family enough for saving us from The Storm King. You are a human hero to us.” Queen Novo gave Thomas a motherly kiss on the cheek before pulling him into a motherly warm hug. Thomas just smiled and rested his head and body on her soft warm fur and feather covered chest while hearing her heartbeat, until she lowered her head onto his shoulder. “You see, Mom? One small thing can make a difference, but it was the magic of friendship that saved us all,” Princess Skystar said. Queen Novo nodded, until she saw Princess Celestia, Luna and Cadance walk over. “You must be Princesses Celestia, Luna and Cadance,” Queen Novo said. Princess Celestia nodded, “You are Queen Novo of the hippogriffs?”

“Yes, I am,” Queen Novo said, as she and Celestia saw Thomas snuggling in her light blue chest fur while she was holding him. “He does that if he has nightmares or if I give him some cuddles before bed,” Fluttershy said. Queen Novo nodded, and then they all sat down while some remained standing up.

Spike cleared his throat as he had a microphone in his hand, “Fillies and gentlecolts, get ready for a little...” A trumpet fanfare was played, and then a drumroll. “Songbird Serenade!” The crowd cheered as she walked up to sing her song.

“Hey, Twilight? Why don’t you tell us about your big adventure?” Cadance asked. Twilight then told them everything while Thomas enjoyed Songbird Serenade’s song.