• Published 1st Feb 2021
  • 6,366 Views, 38 Comments

A Place in Equestria V: The Storm Awakens - GoebelTron



The Storm King has invaded Canterlot and now it’s up to Thomas to help his aunts and mother to save their friends and families.

  • ...
3
 38
 6,366

Chapter 7: Aboard Captain Celaeno’s Ship

Meanwhile, on the ship, as the horn blew and the bell clanged, the Mane 8 were still far underneath the deck away from the light and researched the hippogriffs from the book and the map while Twilight, Starlight and Sunset took notes. “Whadaya think, Twilight? Should we just... ask 'em to take us?” Applejack asked. “I don’t know, Applejack. They don’t seem very frightened. Last time we trusted somepony, he gave us shelter,” Twilight said.

Thomas was still paralyzed from the attack in Klugetown as Fluttershy gently patted his back, but until the last set of gentle pats happened, he suddenly got the hiccups. “Oh no. My son’s got the hiccups,” Fluttershy said, until she laid him on her shoulder and then continue to pat his back to soothe the hiccups. “Shhhhhh...” They suddenly got deeper behind a few barrels so that they wouldn’t be seen, until Thomas’s hiccups were gone. “Yay! His hiccups are gone!” Pinkie Pie said. “Shhhhhh!” They all said. “Hehehehe! Sorry,” Pinkie Pie said.

They suddenly gasped after seeing the trapdoor open and saw anthropomorphic parrots dressed in black jumpsuits with the Storm King symbol on each shoulder padded sleeve.

“Hey, guys! Come check this out!” Boyle said.

“Looks like a pack of stowaways,” Mullet said.

“What are we s'posed to do with 'em?” Lix Spittle asked.

Squabble squawked.

“I think we tie 'em up!” Boyle said, as Applejack gasped.

Lix Spittle squawked, “We clip their wings!” Rainbow Dash gasped.

“Nah. We scar 'em...” Mullet said, as Rarity yelped.

“...emotionally!” Fluttershy hugged her son tightly towards her chest. “Starting with that ape!” Thomas whimpered and shook.

“Hey!” a female voice appeared. “Huh?” The Mane 8 asked. The crew turned around and saw a female anthropomorphic parrot with light gambogeish gray fur, pale light grayish harlequin harlequin feathers with lighter tips and grayish emerald and sap green tail feathers, moderate raspberry eyes, and she had pinkish scarlet beak and talon hands, and dark gamboge talon legs, but one was a pegged emerald leg. She was wearing the same black jumpsuit with the Storm King symbol shoulder pads.

She looked at the Mane 8 with a confused look, “What are you lot doing on my ship?”

“We were uhh... looking for someplace to seek shelter,” Twilight said, with a nervous chuckle. Captain Celaeno then looked at Thomas hiding underneath Fluttershy’s hooves and wings wrapped around him and grasping her mane gently towards his face. “Hey there, little guy.” She then came to her senses and then looked at her crew.

The union whistle blew, “All right! That's lunch!”


When they got to the dining hall downstairs, they saw Rarity cooking off. “Oh, you’re just in time for lunch!” Rarity said. “Please, help yourselves.”

The Mane 8 and the crew then sat down and waited for Rarity to be done. “Applejack, can you watch over Thomas while I get some plates and bowls?” Fluttershy asked, handing Thomas over to Applejack. “Sure thing,” Applejack said, as she placed her nephew on her lap and placed one hoof around him.

When she was done, Rarity brought the pot over while Fluttershy finished passing out the bowls, spoons and silverware. Rarity made chicken broth with both noodles and chopped and mixed vegetables inside. She also baked some bread to go with.

“Wow, you’re really a good cook,” Captain Celaeno said, while trying out the soup. “Thomas, are you hungry?” Fluttershy asked. Thomas nodded, and then Captain Celaeno got a stool for him to reach his bowl, and then he started eating his spoonfuls and munching his bread one at a time.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! So you were about to toss us overboard, but your captain saved us, respected our friend’s son, and you stopped for a lunch break?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“The Storm King only allows one break a day for meals, then it's back to hauling goods,” Boyle said. “So you're delivery guys?” Spike asked.

“And gals. These uniforms aren't exactly doing us any favors,” Captain Celaeno said. “Yeah, me neither,” Thomas said, until Fluttershy rubbed his back. “What is?” Captain Celaeno asked. “He’s been through a lot before I took him and gave him a new home,” Fluttershy said, and then she told the entire crew about how she met and adopted Thomas, and why nobody adopted him at the orphanage he used to live in.

“Gosh, I’m really sorry, buddy,” Captain Celaeno said. Thomas nodded, “At least I still have my Momma, right?”

“Yes, you do,” Fluttershy said, nuzzling her cheek with his. “But it’s best if you try to find a way to get to know him without scaring him... because he has a sensitive side like I do.”

“You mean he’s shy?” Captain Celaeno asked. “Mmhmm,” Thomas said with a nod.

“Then can you deliver us to Mount Aris?” Twilight asked. “Sorry. We do what the Storm King orders or we suffer his wrath,” Captain Celaeno said. “Eh, it's nothing personal,” Lix Spittle said.

“You weren't always delivery birds, were you?” Starlight asked. “What about before the Storm King?” Sunset asked. “Yeah. We used to be much more adventurous,” Captain Celaeno replied.

Rainbow Dash suddenly saw a Jolly Roger poster, “Whoa! You used to be pirates?!”

“PIRATES?!” Thomas exclaimed. “One of my classmates was a pirate for Nightmare Night one time!” Captain Celaeno was now impressed, and then ruffled his hair with her talon hand.

“Um, we prefer the term "swashbuckling treasure hunters",” Mullet said. “So... pirates,” Rainbow Dash said. Squabble squawked.

Rainbow Dash sighed, “Okay, look. You birds have a choice to make. You could let some cloven-hoofed Storm King tell you how to live your lives, or...” She then whooshed onto the table. “...you could be awesome again!”

Twilight and her friends made confident looks, until Twilight looked up at Rainbow Dash, “Take it away, Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow Dash nodded, “My pleasure.”

I know the world can get you down

Things don't work out quite the way that you thought
Feeling like all your best days are done
Your fears and doubts are all you've got

But there's a light shining deep inside
Beneath those fears and doubts, so just squash 'em
And let it shine for all the world to see
That it is time, yeah, time to be awesome

Ah, ah, ah-ah, awesome!
It's time to be so awesome!
Ah, ah, ah-ah, awesome!
It's time to be so awesome!

You've no idea how hard it's been

(It's time to be awesome!)

This dull routine we've been forced to do

Don't let them rob you of who you are
Be awesome, it's all up to you

I feel the light stirring deep inside
It's like a tale still yet to be told

Captain Celaeno changed from her Storm King jumpsuit into her original clothes, which consisted a brown leather buccaneer jacket, a brown breasted leather tunic with gold plating on the torso and waist, gold leg armory on her left leg, and a dark brown pirate hat with a reddish pink feather.

(It's time to be awesome!)

And now it's time to break the shackles free
And start living like the brave and the bold!

It's time to be awesome!
Let loose, be true, so awesome!
It's time to be awesome!
Go big, be you, so awesome!

We used to soar through the clouds in the skies

Elaborate schemes we would love to devise

We rescued our treasure and stored it away

Saving those gemstones for a rainy day

We see that light filling up our skies

So take the Storm King's orders and toss 'em

'Cause it's the time to let our colors fly

Hey, scallywags, it's time to be awesome!

Spike used the wood as a drum, and Thomas rang the bell twice, and Rainbow Dash and Captain Celaeno had a sword fight.

Hey!

Applejack and Mullet swung on a rope net, and Pinkie Pie used the barrels as a pair of bongos.

Hey!

Rarity and Fluttershy danced with two pirates.

Hey!

Twilight, Starlight and Sunset did the Egyptian maneuver with one foreleg crossed and then moved their necks side to side, and then jumped in the air.

Hey!

“Come on! Let's show these little ponies how it's done!” Captain Celaeno exclaimed, as the Mane 8 made oohing and ahing sounds after they all see the rainbow feather sails on the ship.

Rainbow Dash then was pleased with the crowd, “Awesome! I knew you had it in ya! And now for the finishing touch!” She zoomed into the sky with high speed.

“Rainboom! Rainboom! Rainboom! Rainboom!” Pinkie Pie chanted. “Here it comes, sweetie,” Twilight said to Thomas. Rainbow Dash then gained enough speed to make her sonic rainboom. “Aw, yeah!” Rainbow Dash laughed. “Wow!” Captain Celaeno said. Thomas then laughed at the pretty colors, until he was lifted up and gently placed against Captain Celaeno’s chest. “Thank you, Miss Celaeno! This was so much fun!” Thomas said, hugging her against the neck fur and laid against her chest. “Anytime, little mate,” Captain Celaeno said, ruffling his hair.


Meanwhile, back on the Storm Airship, Tempest Shadow was keeping watch with the pilots while Grubber was slurping a drink, until he saw something colorful in the sky, “Huh? Huh? Looka that rainbow! Looka that rainbow! Whoa, that'th so cool!”

Tempest then saw the rainboom, “Yeah. Of them to alert us. Funny, though.” She then turned to Capper, who was in the brig. “They don't seem to be heading to Black Skull Island.”

“Like "ha ha" funny or... ha ha...” Capper asked nervously. The airship started to backfire unexpectedly.

Rainbow Dash’s and Captain Celaeno’s swords clanged together to celebrate their awesomeness.

“Yeah! Ha ha!” Captain Celaeno said. “Nice!” Rainbow Dash said, as Captain Celaeno laughed in reply, before Squabble started squawking as an alert.

Thomas suddenly started ringing the bell for an alarm, “Here they come!” Captain Celaeno looked up ahead, “Storm guards! Looks like they found you!”

“Tempest!” Twilight said. Thomas then whimpered and ran back where they came in to hide. “Secure the rigging! Lock down the cargo! Everyone, prepare to be boarded!” Captain Celaeno said. “Oh my goodness!” Fluttershy said, until she realized Thomas wasn’t with her. The crew then placed them underneath to hide, and then Fluttershy suddenly felt her son whine and whimper as he was scared about Tempest coming back, so she held him with both hooves around him and hugged him to keep him calm, but quiet.

“Ya think she saw my sonic rainboom?” Rainbow Dash asked. “Are you kidding me?!” Twilight asked angrily. “Twilight, calm down. We’ll get out of this,” Sunset said. “I hope you’re right,” Twilight said.

There was suddenly a thud, as the pirates yelped, and then the Mane 8 screamed. Thomas screamed as well, until Fluttershy hugged him closer into her mane.

Grubber grunted as he landed, and then the storm creatures grunted as they landed, until Tempest was the last. “Where is the Pony Princess?” Tempest asked. “What? "Princess"? Prin-Cess, Prin-Cess... Nope. All we're hauling is Storm King merchandise,” Captain Celaeno lied, until Squabble squawked.

“You do realize that if you were to shelter fugitives, the Storm King would be quite... explosive,” Tempest said. Captain Celaeno gulped.

“We have to get off this ship before they tell Tempest we're here!” Twilight whispered loudly. We helped them get their mojo back! They're not gonna give us up!” Rainbow Dash whispered loudly. “Momma? I’m scared,” Thomas whispered with a whimper. “It’s okay, baby. I’ve got you,” Fluttershy whispered softly.

Twilight then thought of an idea, “I've got this!”

Tempest Shadow looked at Captain Celaeno and her crew while the Storm Creatures had them surrounded, “Now, I'm gonna count to three, and if you don't tell me where they are, your ship is going down. One...”

Twilight grabbed some rope and a tarp. “Hold this!” She gave the tarp to Rainbow Dash to hold. “What are you doing?!” Rainbow Dash asked. “Getting us outta here,” Twilight replied.

“...two...”

“Oh, thith is inteeenth!” Grubber said.

“Three!”

The Mane 8 then jumped out from a trapdoor underneath screaming. Tempest looked down, “What?” Captain Celaeno gasped.

Oh, for Celestia's sake!!!” Rarity shouted. Pinkie Pie screamed, and then laughed, “Whee!” Fluttershy yelled, “I can't look!”

Rarity kept screaming, until she looked at her reflection from a falling mirror, until she continued screaming. She then felt Twilight’s aura catch her, then Fluttershy. “Whee!” Pinkie Pie said as Twilight’s aura caught her and Applejack. Rainbow Dash was caught by Twilight’s aura as well, “Huh?” Starlight and Sunset were brought over to the box as well.

Twilight quickly tied the ropes into each single knot through the tarp while flying.

“What in the hay is she up to?” Applejack asked. Twilight kept tying up the rope while the strings and brass were building up into a hot air balloon. Spike yelped, “Huh?” Spike then breathed fire as Thomas helped him out.

The Mane 8 cheered as Twilight’s idea for a hot air balloon worked. “Whee-hee-hee!” Pinkie Pie said. The Mane 8 sighed in relief. “Thank goodness,” Rarity said.

“Phee-yew! Quick thinkin', Twilight!” Applejack said.

“Yahoo! Ha ha!” Twilight said excitedly. “Great job, Twilight,” Sunset said. “That was pretty scary,” Starlight said. “That was fun! Can we do it again?” Pinkie Pie asked. “No!” Thomas said, as he felt his mother hug him. “Aww, did that scare you, sweetheart?” Twilight asked. Thomas nodded in reply. “Sorry, bug. I was only trying to save us all, okay?”

Rainbow Dash then flew out of the balloon and decided to be the propeller for the balloon, “Next stop, Mount Aris!” She then flapped her wings fast enough to get them to Mount Aris, but in steady as the wind.

“We're home free!” Twilight said, as the Mane 8 started cheering.

The storm creatures were grunting while looking for the Mane 8. Grubber suddenly came back with some news for Tempest, “There'th no ponieth. But I found thith. It'th a... kind of a cupcake... with thprinkleth... Oh, yeah, and I found thith, too.”

Tempest took the map from Grubber and look at it, revealing a diagram of Mount Aris, “Huh.” Grubber looked at Pinkie Pie’s drawing, “Wow, this is a real artitht!”

Tempest looked back at her prisoners, “Looks like they're heading to Mount Aris.”

“Really?” Capper said while stammering and laughing nervously, “Mou- Mount Aris? I... Well, that's my mis— I didn't know that... Mount Ari... My bad, I didn't... That's my... I'm sorry, I'm very very sorry.”

“Now, about your betrayal...” Tempest lit up her horn with a huge charge of her electric aura and blew Captain Celaeno’s ship out of the sky, causing fireworks, and then it made a huge splash into the water.