• Published 17th Dec 2020
  • 1,991 Views, 22 Comments

Why am I not a Princess-Princess? - Starlight Fan



Twilight is a bit offended about Starlight saying she’s not a princess-princess she asks her about it. She may be touched at what she hears

  • ...
8
 22
 1,991

What did you mean Starlight?

Twilight was a bit confused, it’s already bad enough her royal status isn’t acknowledged but now Starlight was saying she wasn’t a princess-princess like Celestia.

“I’m a princess, you talk to me.” Twilight said.

“That’s different you’re not a princess-princess.” Starlight replied.

“Uh thanks.” Twilight sarcastically said.

For some reason that nagged in her head a lot, even when she was worried about Celestia’s Ones-Versery play. Well she has had it she needs to know why she’s not royal enough like Celestia. She wasn’t mad at Starlight but she needs to know why she thinks this so right now she was heading towards Starlight’s office in the school. She opened the door and Starlight who was sleeping on her desk for the eleventh time, immediately woke up.

“Gah, Uh I mean hey Twilight.” Starlight nervously greeted.

“Fell asleep again?” Twilight asked.

“Yup.” Starlight answers with a sigh, “Sorry Twilight.”

“Oh no it’s alright I just came to ask you something.” Twilight said.

“Go on.” Starlight encourages.

“Why am I not a princess-princess?” Twilight asked.

Starlight’s face morphed into confusion. “Uh what do you mean Twilight?” Starlight asked.

“I mean back when we prepared for the play you said I wasn’t a princess-princess compared to Celestia, I kinda feel unimportant compared to her, Luna, and Cadence, y’know?” Twilight explained.

“Sigh, Twilight I said that because well you are a princess, that is true, I just don’t think you’re like Celestia, Luna, and Cadence.” Starlight said.

“Oh. I see.” Twilight said solemnly with her head hanging low.

Starlight noticed this and was upset at seeing Twilight sad and mentally facepalmed, so she began speaking again.

“But I mean that in a good way.” Starlight added.

Twilight was confused and then grabbed Starlight’s face.

“What?!” Twilight shouted in shock.

“Hold on let me explain.” Starlight said while removing Twilight’s Hooves from her face.

“I like Celestia, Luna, and Cadence, but I feel nervous around them like I’m being towered over, with you I feel comforted and safe when I’m around you.” Starlight explained while blushing thankfully Twilight did not notice this.

“Oh, thank you so you’re saying being around me calms you?” Twilight said in a flattered tone.

“Well that, and you’re funny, you’re sweet, you treat other ponies with respect and like friends more than royal subjects. And most importantly you saved me.” Starlight confesses.

Twilight was touched but Starlight had more to say.

“You saved me from becoming a monster, you taught me the meaning of true friendship, you didn’t need to do that Twilight, you could’ve just pulled a fast one and locked me in prison, but you took me in and didn’t give up on me no matter how many times I made things worse, so now it’s my turn to ask you something Twilight.” Starlight stated.

“Why did you help me? Like I said you could’ve just played me for a fool and locked me up, but you didn’t. Why?” Starlight asked.

“Because I knew you weren’t all bad, I saw who you really were under that hard shell, you were sad and lonely, and needed some guidance.” Twilight answered.

“But I took you hostage and stole your cutie marks and manipulated a bunch of towns ponies, you had every right to give up on me.” Starlight reminded.

“I know, but I didn’t want you to suffer, Everypony who is not King Sombra deserves a second chance.” Twilight exclaimed.

“Well Twilight I just gotta say you’re my best friend even more than Sunburst, Trixie, Maud, and Spike combined, and no matter what anypony says you’ll always be a princess to me.” Starlight said while the two embraced.

“Thanks Starlight, well I gotta go grade some papers and wait for Applejack and Rainbow Dash to come back from the field trip, you do whatever you want since school’s almost over and there is no line anyway, no offense.” Twilight said.

“Heh None taken.” Starlight replies.

Twilight teleported out of Starlight’s office to her own office


Starlight walked out of her office and then a voice spoke.

“Aw how cute, when are you two gonna make out already?” Spike asked in a joking way while leaning against the wall.

“Never, since I don’t have romantic feelings for Twilight. Also when will you confess your feelings for Rarity already?” Starlight responded with a smirk.

Spike froze up at the mention of Rarity.

“I’m a bit nervous, I need time.” Spike answered.

“It’s been 4 years since you first came here to Ponyville.” Starlight retorted in frustration.

“Hey don’t turn this on me Starlight, I was only kidding.” Spike argued.

“You did start it but that’s fair, let’s stop mocking each other about our love lives, agreed?” Starlight offered.

“Agreed- wait did you say your love life?” Spike said while chuckling a bit.

“Spike!” Starlight yelled while blushing furiously.

“Alright I’m sorry last one I just had to get it out.” Spike said.

“Okay fine you live, for now.” Starlight threatened jokingly and laughed when Spike flinched a bit.

“I’m kidding Spike, I’m not psycho.” Starlight reassures.

“I know, but don’t put your face so close to mine.” Spike requested.

“Okay I won’t, let’s go back to the castle.” Starlight said.

When Starlight teleported herself and Spike out of the school some eyes in a locker were shown looking around.

“Coast is clear.” Cozy Glow whispered to herself.

Cozy Glow kicked the locker open and then flew around the halls and snickered to herself. She saw that oh so sweet exchange between Starlight and Twilight and she was trying her hardest not to laugh at such sappiness. Well she has clearly found Twilight’s Achille’s Heel but she had to make sure she knew it was what she thought it was. She flew near Twilight’s office and heard her sigh in happiness she was clearly so happy. Yup she knew it Twilight was so crushing on Starlight, and oh she had to put her hoof over her mouth to keep herself from laughing so hard.

When Cozy Glow made it to her dorm she was laughing her head off.

“Oh sweet Celestia, The Mighty Princess Of Friendship has fallen in love and with Starlight of all ponies, Hahahaha, oh that is priceless, love only makes you weak, and now Twilight and Starlight are so enthralled with each other they won’t even know what’ll hit them, when the time comes Equestria will be mine, Mwahahahahahahahaha. Okay now to quiet down before I blow my cover.” Cozy Glow planned.

Meanwhile in Twilight’s office she felt more giddy than ever she was so happy for some odd reason, and she wasn’t sure why but Starlight just warms her heart every time she and her shared moments like the one they shared earlier, it’s funny she hasn’t felt like this since Flash Sentry. Wait was she in love with Starlight?

Author's Note:

Sequel will come out soon I may love Spike and Starlight but Twilight and Starlight is just so pure, and wholesome when Starlight is reformed of course. The sequel will take place in School Raze.

Comments ( 20 )

“That’s different you’re not a princess-princess.” Starlight replied.

I don’t know know if this is cynical or not, but the first thing that I probably would have said was “I’m enough of a princess to send your flank to Tartarus.”

“I know, but I didn’t want you to suffer, Everypony who is not King Sombra deserves a second chance.” Twilight exclaimed.

I actually laughed at that part.

10584876
Well I can’t do that, this is a sweet story, also the Sombra joke was fully my intention.

Twilight will you and Starlight just kiss already?!

Unrelated but In Drawn to Life Two Realms Mari and Jowee’s relationship finally became more than being just friends

10584917
Until I make part two they will not, but how was the story?

Cute!

Twilight didn't see it right away, but what Starlight meant when she said she wasn't a "princess-princess" is what she wanted back in the season 4 premiere, back when she told the rest of the mane 6 that she didn't want them to all call her "Princess".

Although Twilight seemed to have gotten used to her princess status as the show went on. In "The Parent Map" episode, when Sunburst was calling her "Princess Twilight", Twilight didn't bat an eye or try to say that he could just call her Twilight.

10585794
I know that. How’s you like the characters?

10585807

I like them quite well. They felt like themselves, and I especially thought the little banter between Starlight and Spike was a nice touch after the main Twilight & Starlight scene.

10585814
Yeah I made that scene to show while I ship them I am okay with them being friends too. Cozy Glow’s bit was added for important reasons and foreshadowing and for a combinations of hate-sinking(even though she’s my 7th Favorite) and comedy.

good so far cant wait for the sequel

And this is why Cozy Glow really trapped Starlight, she trapped her because she knew it would hurt Twilight, A LOT.

10657165
That's one of the reasons why. Also how was the story?

“I know, but I didn’t want you to suffer, Everypony who is not King Sombra deserves a second chance.” Twilight exclaimed.

:rainbowlaugh:

10660367
I like Sombra but come on it’s Sombra. He’s very cruel.

10660505
It's a funny joke. Good job.

10764283
Sorry about that how was the story?

Login or register to comment