• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 2,838 Views, 46 Comments

The Golden Child - Fusionflare374



There is a young boy named Austin, which holds many secrets, runs away from his hometown by an invasion, he gets magically teleported to Equestia and is in the care of princess Celestia. Will he be able to gain the trust of the ponies or not

  • ...
16
 46
 2,838

Chapter 28: Life and Death

Darkness, that’s all I can see.

I can’t feel my arms, my legs.

My body is feeling colder and colder by the second, my mind slowly going blank.

The thoughts of me being the hero, having a family, having friends, all fading away.

As my body begins to shut down, my last thoughts were about the friends I’ve made along the way… before I accept my fate.

Austin closed his eyes and waited to finally ascent to the heavens, he waited and waited… nothing happened. He kept waiting for what felt like forever, nothing happened… until… a bright beam of light suddenly surrounded the background. Austin slowly opened his eyes and looked shocked. He looked around his surroundings, looking confused, yet nervous at the same time. Just then, a light blue Pegasus appeared out of the light, looking at Austin with a warm smile. Austin looked at the pony, realizing they looks familiar.

“Sol Fire? Is… is that you?” Austin asked the Pegasus.

“Hello Austin and yes, it’s me, Sol Fire.” Sol Fire said to Austin.

“Where are we? What is this place?”

“You are in our realm.”

“Our?”

Just then, half of the room suddenly turned pitch black and a figure came out of the darknes. A tall, hooded figure with a scythe came out of the darkness. The figure stared at Austin with his face covered up with his hood, as Austin slowly backed away from him.

“Hello child, I am death, but you may call me, the Grim Reaper.” The Grim Reaper said, as his cold breath can be seen as he speaks.

“Yeah, this is Grim Reaper, Grim Reaper, this is Austin, the kid I was talking about.” Sol Fire said to the Grim Reaper.

“So, you’re the child that was suppose to kill the queen of darkness, but was instead, killed by her… am I correct?” The Grim Reaper asked Austin.

“Yes… I did…” Austin looked down, looking sad. He looked at both of them. “So, am I… in heaven or…”

“Yes and no. For you see, you are in, what we call, ‘the time zone’.” Sol Fire said to Austin.

“The… time zone?” Austin said confusedly.

“Yes. In this place, time has stopped, while everything else continues. When mortals die, they come here to be judged for their actions and we determine whether they go to heaven or… hell.”

Austin looked at the floor, processing this information.

“I… I-I shouldn’t be here… I can’t be here! I should be back with my friends and family and stopping Queen Necrafa!” Austin yelled.

“Unfortunately, you can’t go back. Once you die, you come here to be judge and to be sent to either heaven or hell.” The Grim Reaper explained to Austin.

Austin sighed and sat on the floor, looking defeated.

“Weeelll… there is a way.” Sol Fire said to Austin.

Austin looked up, having a spark of hope reignite.

“Absolutely not! It’s too dangerous.” The Grim Reaper said, crossing his arms.

“Oh come on Reaper, why not?” Sol Fire whined at the Grim Reaper.

“Because it too dangerous. We have no idea what it can do. It’s a no, and that’s final.”

“Wait… what are you talking about?” Austin said confusedly.

“Well, we are able to give people a second chance, if they deserve one of course.” Sol Fire explained to Austin.

“However, we both need to agree to give them a second chance.” The Grim Reaper explained.

“And Reaper doesn’t want to agree with it, he says it’s ‘too dangerous’ even though we never done it before.”

“Well, if you looked at the guide book, it states that if you try to give them a second chance, their is a chance that the gates of heaven and hell will be open and cause havoc in this place, and I don’t want to try to get the souls of the innocent and the not so innocent mixed up.”

“But it won’t, it said that there is a low chance of that happening.”

“But I’m not taking that chance.”

“Come on Reaper, he has to stop Necrafa, it’s his prophecy!”

“Yeah a prophecy that you made up, all because you wanted to save the kids life!”

Sol Fire tried to quiet the Grim Reaper by shushing him.

“Wait… what does he mean by a prophecy that you made up?” Austin said confusedly to Sol Fire.

Sol Fire sighed and look at Austin.

“Come with me.” Sol Fire said to Austin.

Sol Fire started to walk further into his side of the room, Austin following behind. Sol Fire’s amulet started to glow and summoned several bubbles. The bubbles popped and when they popped, memories appeared out of them. Austin looked at the memories and noticed something, these were his memories.

“I have to confess something to you… the prophecy isn’t real, but we did know an evil was coming to find the perfect power source. When I was observing your birth, I noticed something about your soul. Your soul was empty, which is unfortunate, since I’ve seen many human babies pass away from this because their soul determines their life energy. As an observer, we can’t interfere, however, we can make an exception if we save up our powers. Since I saved up my power for decades now, I used my power to save your life and while I was doing it, changed the text books to add my fake prophecy.” Sol Fire said to Austin.

“Wow… so if you didn’t use your powers on me… I would be dead.” Austin said to Sol.

“Yes, you would’ve been dead by the time your life started.”

“But… why did you make a fake prophecy?”

“Well, with this power that you have, you may not know how to use it and you will be facing against something far stronger than you. So, I wanted to helped you out by getting doctor Gaster to help you out, since I knew he would help. I only wanted to help you.”

“But why make a fake prophecy? Why couldn’t you tell me in the first place?”

“That… is a good question,” Sol placed a hoof on his chin. “Well, I guess after you were born, I wasn’t able to travel to earth. But maybe when you were a child… I could’ve warned you about her… my bad.” Sol scratched his head, looking embarrassed.

“It’s… alright. It’s the thought that counts.” Austin comforted Sol.

“Thanks Austin. I was foolish to have put all that stress on you, you are just a child, and with that, I led you to your death.” Sol’s ears flopped down.

“Hey, you made a mistake, you didn’t mean to. Besides, you actually made me stronger.”

“Really?” Sol’s ears perked up.

“Yeah, you made me realize that I don’t have to be someone the prophecy wants me to be, I’m just… me, if that makes sense.”

“That’s what I wanted to do at the beginning, but I didn’t know what approach I wanted to do. But now… you’re here because of me,” Sol looked over to the Grim Reaper, who went over to the two. “If only their were a way to bring him back because of my mistakes…”

The Grim Reaper sighed and looked at the two.

“Fine, but if something happens to the gates of heaven and hell, I’m not cleaning it up.”

“Fair enough.” Sol said to the Grim Reaper. “Right! Okay Austin, what you need to do is to stand in the both the light side and the dark side and we will begin.”

Austin nodded and walked over to where the lines connected the light and dark side. He put one of his legs on the light side and the other on the dark side. Sol Fire and the Grim Reaper stood in front of Austin and they started to float up in the air. The two started to glow and started to spin around each other. They started to spin faster and faster, until they emerged together. The two suddenly turned into the Yin and Yang symbol. Austin looked at awe seeing the symbol. Suddenly, golden strings came out of the Yin Yang and going directly to Austin. Austin’s empty soul was displayed and the golden strings started to wrap around his soul. Once the strings were fully wrapped around Austin’s soul, the strings started to glow. The glow finally faded after a minute, and Austin’s soul was restored once again.

“Now that your soul is fully restored, you have your powers again, now,” Sol Fire said as he summoned a door behind Austin. “Go out there and finish what we started.”

“Right!” Austin nodded confidently.

As Austin walked towards the door, a voice behind Austin caught his attention.

“Hey kid,” the Grim Reaper said to Austin. “Kick her butt!”

Austin smiled and gave the Grim Reaper a thumbs up, as Austin walked through the door.


Back at the Canterlot castle, the princesses, the mane 6, Papyrus, Sans, Gaster and Frisk were fighting Necrafa’s minions and the generals battles droids. Princess Celestia, now angered, went after Necrafa, while eliminating some of her minions along the way. As Celestia got closer to Necrafa, Necrafa used her newly acquired sword and shot a beam towards Celestia. It impacted her chest and she collapsed to the floor.

“Sister!” Luna yelled out to Celestia.

Necrafa used her sword and shot a beam at Luna, causing her to collapse to the floor as well.

“Princesses!” The mane 6 yelled out.

The mane 6, Papyrus, Sans, Gaster and Frisk ran over to the princesses, checking if they were injured. As they were checking for injures, the battle droids, and Necrafa’s minions surrounded them.

“Face it Princess, you are no match for me. Surrender yourself to me, or die. What’s it going to be?” Necrafa said to princess Celestia.

“Huff… huff… never! I will fight for my subjects until my last breath!” Celestia yelled at Necrafa.

“Well then,” Necrafa pointed her sword at the group. “You all shall die.”

Necrafa started to laugh sinisterly as her sword started to glow brightly. All of a sudden, her sword started to fade, surprising Necrafa.

“What?! What’s happening to my sword?!” Necrafa said in shock.

Just then, the sword particles started to move towards Austin’s body. The group looked over to Austin’s body, eyes widened. Austin’s body floated up on the air, his body glowing until his whole body was covered. After a few seconds, the glow faded, only his body outline was glowing, sword on his one hand and his eyes still closed. The group look in awe as they looked at Austin’s body glowing. Austin’s eyes slowly opened up and looks at the group, seeing their eyes open wide in surprise, and staring at Necrafa, who is shocked.

“Hey everyone, guess who’s back?”

To Be Continued…

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment