• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 2,841 Views, 46 Comments

The Golden Child - Fusionflare374



There is a young boy named Austin, which holds many secrets, runs away from his hometown by an invasion, he gets magically teleported to Equestia and is in the care of princess Celestia. Will he be able to gain the trust of the ponies or not

  • ...
16
 46
 2,841

Chapter 20: A Day with Rainbow Dash

After running from Sweet Apple Acres, he was coming to Ponyville once again. He then started to walk, head still eyeing the floor. Just then he heard flapping of wings getting closer to him. Still not looking up, something made a thump and dust was scattered around Austin. He lifted his head up a bit and Rainbow Dash being in front of him.

“Hey Austin!” Rainbow Dash said.

“Oh… hey Rainbow Dash…” Austin sighed sadly.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing…”

“Come on, what’s wrong?”

Austin sighed. “I may or may not burn half of Sweet Apple Acres trees.”

“Wait WHAT!!” Rainbow Dash screamed out loud, making some ponies look at their direction.

“Yeah…”

“How?”

“My morphing malfunctioned.”

“Wait, your stuttering stopped.”

“Yeah, I guess.” Austin crossed his arms.

“Whoa, attitude much.”

“Sorry, I just been upset on what’s been going on today. I didn’t mean to give you attitude.”

“Hey man, it’s okay. You know what I do when I’m upset or stressed?”

“What.”

“I fly fast to clear my mind or race someone.”

“Oh, okay?”

“How about it, wanna race?”

“You really want to race? Even though I burned probably half of Sweet Apple Acres and nearly killed Pinkie. I don’t what would happen to you if my morphing malfunctions again.

“I’m sure it was an accident and I’ll be fine. So what do you say, wanna race or at least fly for a bit?”

“Alright, let’s race.”

“Awesome! I’ll met you in the air.” Rainbow Dash said as she went up in the blink of an eye.

“Alright, please don’t hurt anyone else, please for the love of god.” Austin said to himself.

“you don’t get a say in this manner, not anymore. Shadow Austin said to himself as he looks in Austin’s point of view.

Austin was surrounded by black fog and out came a boy with the same eye colour, but was wearing a black onesie with a capital D on the middle.

“Danny Phantom? It’ll do.” Austin said as he goes up in the air.

Austin went to Rainbow Dash, as she is eager to start the race.

“So, are you ready?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yep.” Austin replied.

“Awesome, the first one to the end of Ponyville and back is the winner.”

“Alright.”

“On the count to three…

1…

2…

3!”

And with that, Rainbow Dash bolted off. Austin then chased after her. Austin can see a rainbow trail coming off of Rainbow Dash. Austin tried his best to catch up to her, but she was too fast for him. It didn’t take long for her to get to the end of Ponyville and on her way back to the beginning. Austin was only half way, but he saw Rainbow Dash pass him. Austin finally made it to the end of Ponyville and going back to the beginning of Ponyville. As he got back to the beginning, Rainbow Dash was waiting on him. He landed on the ground in front of Dash.

“Ha! How fun was that?” Rainbow Dash said to Austin

“Yeah… I guess so…” Austin said, still sounding sad.

“The race didn’t help?”

“No, not really.”

“Hmmm… how about we fly for a bit? Maybe a race wasn’t a good idea so maybe a little fly is your kind of speed.”

“Yeah, I guess a little fly is better for me.”

“Alright, let’s go for a fly.”

They both soar up in the sky. Rainbow Dash was flying ahead of Austin, while Austin stayed behind her. Everything was going fine, but all of a sudden Austin held his head in pain.

“Blast her out of the sky. Do it, NOW!!”

Austin heard the voice say repeatedly. Austin’s eyes went blank, and looked at Rainbow Dash. He lifted his arm up towards Rainbow Dash and a green light shined on his hand. Rainbow Dash looked at Austin with a smile, but she saw a green beam shot at her. She tried to dodge it, but it hit her left wing and came crashing down to the ground. Austin held his head and his vision came back. He didn’t know what happened to his friend, only saw that she was gone.

“Ugh… wha, what happened.” Austin said as he scratched his head.

“She left.” Shadow Austin said.

“Huh? But why?”

“Oh didn’t you hear her. She said that she had something better to do than flying with a wimp like you.”

“She… really said that?”

“would I lie to you?”

“I guess so…”

“Hey how about we visit Rarity, maybe she can help with your stress.”

“Yeah she’s sweet and caring. Alright let’s go.”

Austin started the fly over to Rarity boutique , not realizing his soul grew more darker.


The only thing Rainbow Dash saw was black. Her vision was blurry. Her vision started to become more clear. A minute passed and her vision was back to normal, but she had a huge headache.

“Ugh… ow, what happened?” Rainbow Dash said as she held her head.

“did… Austin shoot me out of the sky? Rainbow Dash thought to herself.

“No he wouldn’t do that, he’s a nice child… right? I should probably go to Twilight to see if Austin’s been acting more strange. “

She was about to take off to the sky, but her left wing was damaged by the fall. When she stretched her wings, it made her wince in pain.

“Gah, my wing. I hope it’s not broken again… whatever, I just run to Twilight’s place.

And with that, Rainbow Dash began running towards Twilight’s castle.

To Be Continued…