• Published 30th Nov 2020
  • 2,840 Views, 46 Comments

The Golden Child - Fusionflare374



There is a young boy named Austin, which holds many secrets, runs away from his hometown by an invasion, he gets magically teleported to Equestia and is in the care of princess Celestia. Will he be able to gain the trust of the ponies or not

  • ...
16
 46
 2,840

Chapter 19: A Day with Applejack

After walking out of Sugarcube Corner, Austin walked alone once more, feeling upset by what happened. He walked and walked, not paying attention to his surroundings, he suddenly bumped into someone. Austin fell to the floor with a big thud. Austin looked up and saw a orange pony with a cowboy hat on. The orange pony turned around, looking around before looking down. The pony then smiled.

“Well howdy Austin.” The orange pony said.

“Oh hi Applejack,” Austin greeted Applejack. “I’m sorry that I bumped i-into you, I wasn’t paying attention.”

“That’s alright sugarcube,” Applejack looked at Austin, but saw that something was troubling him. “You look upset, what’s wrong?”

“Oh I’m fine.” Austin blankly responded.

Applejack eyed him for a few seconds before responding.

“Ah know a lie when I see one, you can tell me sugarcube, I’m your friend, you can trust me.”

Austin sighed. “Okay, I-I’ll tell you. I… I got kicked out of Sugarcube Corner.”

“What? You? Who could a sweet child like you get kicked out of Sugarcube Corner? Ah don’t think any pony even got kicked out of that place.”

“I turned into a monster a-and attacked Pinkie Pie, as well as Mr and Ms. Cake, well almost.”

“How?” Applejack asked worriedly.

“My shapeshifting powers went haywire and made me change without me knowing. Then, my body, i-it felt like someone else was controlling me, but I was their, watching hopelessly as I try to gain control of my body again. I hit Pinkie Pie on the side and I almost hurt Mr and Ms Cake. ”

“Woah, is Pinkie Pie and the Cakes okay?”

“The Cakes are fine, but I’m not sure about Pinkie, but Mr. Cake went t-to grab some bandages for her wound. So I’m sure she’s fine.”

“Well that’s good. Maybe I will check on her in a bit.” Applejack looked at Austin, his eyes were getting wet.

Applejack looked sad when she looked at Austin. She then had a good idea.

“Hey ah have idea, why don’t you come with my at the farm?”

“Really? You want m-me to go with you at your farm?” Austin said in shock.

“Of course! You look a bit down with that hiccup with the cake family, so what do ya say, sugarcube?”

“Your not afraid o-of what my powers can do to your farm?”

“Not at all, we faced many challenges on the farm that we couldn’t handle, I’m sure we can handle it if it happens again.”

“Oh can you now?” Shadow Austin said to himself.

“Well, I guess s-since its no trouble for you, why not.” Austin smiled at Applejack.

“Great! I’m sure the apple family would love to see you again after your last visit with us,” Applejack lowered her back to the ground for Austin to hop on, to which he did. “Alrighty partner, let’s get a move on.”

Applejack and Austin went their way to Sweet Apple Acres. When they got to the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres, Austin saw Apple Bloom, Big Macintosh, and Granny Smith all outside, near the barn, collecting baskets on their backs. The two got closer to the three, when the three turned around and saw them.

“Well howdy Austin.” Apple Bloom said happily.

“Welcome back Austin.” Granny Smith smiled.

“Hi everyone.” Austin said.

“Your just in time you two. We need some more hooves to help pick apples for our apple ciders.” Granny Smith said

“It’s that time of year already?” Applejack said.

“Eyup.” Big Mac said.

“We’ve collect the baskets, but more apples have grown all over the acre.” Apple Bloom explained.

“Hmmm… Austin, would you like to help us collecting some apples with us?” Applejack asked.

“Okay!” Austin accepted.

“Great. Let’s grab some baskets and ah’ll help you on how to get the apples down.”

Applejack, Apple Bloom, Big Mac and Austin grab some baskets, while Granny Smith stayed behind to prepare to make the cider.

Applejack, Apple Bloom, Big Mac, and Austin made it over to the apple trees and placed the basket underneath them.

“Alright sugarcube, for you to get the apples off of the trees, you’ll need to use your back hooves and kick the tree as hard as you can. ah’ll show you an demonstration.”

Applejack faced away from the apple tree, lifted her back hooves and kicked. Then, the apples came raining down from the tree and into the basket.

“See, it’s not hard. Even Apple Bloom can do it.”

“But the thing I-is… I’m not a pony. I only have two legs.” Austin responded.

“Hmm, well that’s a problem,” Applejack placed a hoof on her chin, thinking for a moment. She then had an idea. “Maybe use one of your legs to kick the tree?”

“I can t-try to do that…” Austin said.

“Ah’m sure you can go it. ah’ll be nearby, collecting apples.”

“Okay.”

Applejack nodded and walked away from Austin, but too far from him. Austin looked at the tree. Austin lifted his left leg and kicked the tree as hard as he could. The impact of the kick was strong enough to remove some leaves from the tree… and a sore leg from Austin.

“Ow!” Austin yelled out loud, holding his leg in pain.

After the pain in his leg was gone, he looked at the tree once again. Austin stepped back from the tree, before running at the tree, jumped and used his two legs to kick the tree. After he hit the tree, he fell on the ground. He looked up at the tree, he only saw a few leaves fall again, but one apple fell into the basket.

“hmm, I mean it does work… kind of.” Austin thought to himself.

“that would take you too long, I think their might be an easier way.” Shadow Austin said to Austin.

“How?” Austin whispered.

“use your shapeshifting powers.”

“I don’t know… I don’t want my powers to hurt anyone.” Austin whispered.

“you won’t, trust me.”

“Okay, I trust you.”

And with that, Austin was surrounded by the black fog. Out of the fog was a mechanical hedgehog with red glowing eyes.

“Metal Sonic? I can work with that.” Austin said.

“So can I.” Shadow Austin said to himself, with an sinister smile.

Austin punched the tree with his metal fist and all the apples fell from the tree in one punch. After his basket has been filled, Applejack came over to him to see how he was doing.

“Alright Austin let’s see how you—“ she stopped talking when she saw the mechanical hedgehog.

She was shocked and was unable to move. Austin turned to her and waved. Applejack soon realized that it was just Austin.

“Why are you using your powers?” Applejack asked.

“I am physically weak and my kicks were doing nothing, so I had to make a new plan.” Austin said in a metallic voice.

Applejack looked at the tree and saw all the apples were gone from that tree. She pulled up her hat a bit and responded. “Well, at least it’s getting the apples down, keep up the good work.” Applejack gave Austin a pat on the shoulder.

Applejack went back to kicking down apples from the trees and so did Austin. half of the day has gone by and the apple family had made great progress. Having over 20 baskets of fresh, delicious apples.

“Well every pony, I think we should call it a day their, thank you for all the help their Austin.” Applejack tipped her hat down in respect.

“No problem, I always have time to help ou—“ Austin stopped talking.

His whole body stood motionless, his eyes eyeing the floor. The apple family looked concerned for what is happening. Austin raised his head up and looked over at the now picked apple trees. He raised his one arm up and pointed it at the trees. His arm turned into a laser cannon. The apple family were puzzled by what he was doing.

“Austin, buddy? Are you—“ Applejack was interrupted by the sound of the laser cannon going off.

Austin fired his laser cannon at the trees. The bright ball of energy hit the middle of the trees, making a small crater in the field. The trees that weren’t hit by the impact caught on fire and was spreading rapidly. The apple family gasped in horror, then they all panicked to get the buckets of water. Austin raised his hand down before snapping back into reality. He held his head for a moment before he looked at the damage he had created. Half of the apple tree field has almost been completely burned. He looked as the apple family as they were filling up bucket of water and running down the field to distinguish the fire. Austin went back to his normal form and with eyes wide, he knew his powers went crazy again.

“No, no, no.” Austin whispered.

Applejack was about to go down to distinguish the flames, but Austin stopped her by asking…

“Can I help you, it’s my fault, I should—“ but he saw interrupted by Granny Smith, angrily yelling at him.

“You have done far enough! I thought I can trust you, but by repaying us with your generosity, you destroy our land?!? I think you should leave, NOW!!” Granny Smith snapped at him.

Austin and Applejack made eye contact for a minute.

“Please Applejack…”

Applejack looked at him, before turning her gaze at him and said. “Ah think you should leave.” She then ran over to the flames.

Heartbroken, he looked down at the floor, tears coming from his eyes, and began to run away from Sweet Apple Acres, yet another piece of his soul becoming darker. Is soul is now half way before becoming fully dark.

To Be Continued…